Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

They are missing the giant "homosexualist" TM on the side. Much disappointment
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I was trained to hate russians, and almost 50 years later I still do. I don't get tired of watching them and their equipment explode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By Haub:

Oh FFS.

I was trained to hate russians, and almost 50 years later I still do. I don't get tired of watching them and their equipment explode.

Same here. Since I was a very small child. ducking and covering.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By doc540:

Delivered on an F-16 schedule?  Sorry, I'm cynical about all the "soon" promises.  GET ALL THIS SHIT MOVING NOW!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Delivered on an F-16 schedule?  Sorry, I'm cynical about all the "soon" promises.  GET ALL THIS SHIT MOVING NOW!

C'mon, they're thinking about forming a committee to look into the possibly of......
What more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]

A new type of armor.

T-80BVM tanks obr. 2022 with factory anti-drone visors with the markings of the North group of troops on the way to the front line.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/xmuKF76.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/kDgTHE0.jpeg

A new type of armor.

View All Quotes

A new type of armor.

T-80BVM tanks obr. 2022 with factory anti-drone visors with the markings of the North group of troops on the way to the front line.

Interesting.  They’re trying to cover the rear deck arc where RPG warheads can penetrate straight to the magazine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I give them a "B+" for the camo but once that thing clears the wood line it will look silly. Looking forward to the explody video of it...
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/wNkyDs2.jpeg

I give them a "B+" for the camo but once that thing clears the wood line it will look silly. Looking forward to the explody video of it...

Blends in a heck of a lot better now that winter is over. It would stick out like a sore thumb otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

If a Chinese vessel (or attack aircraft) gets to a point where it obviously has both hostile intent and is within the Taiwanese defense zones, then they have every right under international law to deal with the problem themselves. This is why the Chicoms don't push the line beyond which they know Taiwan will act. This isn't rocket surgery.
View Quote

That's exactly what the CCP would want.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes. From my very limited perspective of watching the news, internet, etc. it looks like 90% of Ukraine is trying very hard to look and act as if everything is normal while I KNOW thousands of Ukrainians (and foreign volunteers) are fighting desperate battles every day and dying so things can look normal back home. I'm pretty sure that the Russian version of "GD" is posting lots and lots of vids showing UA guys getting droned, shot, blown up, etc. I'm no selfless hero but my instinct is to head towards to shooting and the images or normalcy trigger my OCD.

I also watch Hungarian news that loves to show Ukrainian men getting dragged off the streets presumably for "draft dodging" and also many drowning in the Tisza River trying to cross the border to avoid serving. I know this is Russian propaganda but to some extent it IS happening and also frustrates me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Don't get me wrong. We ourselves, as foreigners, look at the dudes waiting tables, riding scooters to deliver food, and other such jobs. We wonder why they aren't serving at the front. In the end, it is hard to pass judgement on people when we don't know their whole story. I do see the younger guys giving my 4x4 some jealous looks, and think, soon you may have your own cool war machine. Careful what you wish for.

Yes. From my very limited perspective of watching the news, internet, etc. it looks like 90% of Ukraine is trying very hard to look and act as if everything is normal while I KNOW thousands of Ukrainians (and foreign volunteers) are fighting desperate battles every day and dying so things can look normal back home. I'm pretty sure that the Russian version of "GD" is posting lots and lots of vids showing UA guys getting droned, shot, blown up, etc. I'm no selfless hero but my instinct is to head towards to shooting and the images or normalcy trigger my OCD.

I also watch Hungarian news that loves to show Ukrainian men getting dragged off the streets presumably for "draft dodging" and also many drowning in the Tisza River trying to cross the border to avoid serving. I know this is Russian propaganda but to some extent it IS happening and also frustrates me.

Still to this day, I have yet to see a single person drug away by the conscription guys. When my guys came to visit the other day, we decided to hang out near one conscription guy for a few minutes. We felt insulted he didn't bother checking our paperwork. Maybe we don't look suitable to be soldiers. Lol They are out but usually just checking random people's paperwork.

The whole idea of normalcy is Ukraine's way of saying F roosia. Life goes on and we won't be terrorized. The people here are very strong when you start thinking about their ability to deal with it all. People aren't ignoring the reality though. Especially at home here in Dnipro we get lots of appreciation, smiles, and well wishes. I literally had my neighborhood babushkas checking out the 4x4 and saying "God bless your tank (truck)" If you're here long enough, you start to see the appeal some Westerners have for Ukraine. The people are patriotic, love their country, and don't give up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]

A new type of armor.

View All Quotes

A new type of armor.

lol, there is alot of lipstick on that pig right from the factory.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]

Also useful on F-16's.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
M1

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Here we can see the unparalleled superiority of Soviet Engineering going up against the greatest of hide and go seek.

First, a strela-10 fires a missile at a zala, which heroically misses. Next, the strela enters its hidey hole, never to be seen again.

Somehow, against all odds, the strela is spotted.

A lancet appears in the distance, guided by Stalin himself. It zigs. It zags. Not intentionally, it is just soviet engineering. Soviet engineers know more about what where you want to fly than you do. To confuse the NATO liberals.

And then, finally, the approach. Here it comes, the hammer and sickle of justice.

Directly into the nazi tree. That is the trees punishment for spying on the Soviet Zala and telling the strela where to shoot.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]

with the second bomb produced in May 2024.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

If a Chinese vessel (or attack aircraft) gets to a point where it obviously has both hostile intent and is within the Taiwanese defense zones, then they have every right under international law to deal with the problem themselves. This is why the Chicoms don't push the line beyond which they know Taiwan will act. This isn't rocket surgery.

False.

They assume western “restraint”.

The whole point of these “exercises” is to normalize this behavior for the time they move.

When an entire enemy Navy is allowed to “pinch” you every month the next “big excercise” looks just like that until they hit the go button.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#18]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

False.

They assume western "restraint".

The whole point of these "exercises" is to normalize this behavior for the time they move.

When an entire enemy Navy is allowed to "pinch" you every month the next "big excercise" looks just like that until they hit the go button.
View All Quotes

False.

They assume western "restraint".

The whole point of these "exercises" is to normalize this behavior for the time they move.

When an entire enemy Navy is allowed to "pinch" you every month the next "big excercise" looks just like that until they hit the go button.

This is already known.

eta: At the end of the day, the Taiwans know their situation the best and it's why they won't be attacking or shooting down anything as they understand the geopolitical ramifications of doing so. Contrary to popular belief, time is their best ally right now and many here would be best served understanding just how complicated a seaborne invasion by the PLA would be from the men, equipment and especially the logistics and sustainment needed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]

A mavic drone systematically destroying a bunker over time.

https://x.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1795164128425713674

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Capta:

If Taiwan takes the bait China will attack.
If Taiwan ignores all provocations China will attack eventually anyway.
There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won’t happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.
View All Quotes
War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what's happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we're caught with our pants down?
If we want to prevent the war we need resolute and drastic action NOW.  As in an ultimatum via the USN and USAF that another such exercise will be taken as a hostile act.  As in stationing air defense and theater nuclear weapons on Taiwan.
Neither one of those is likely to come from either administration we end up with in November.

The brewing of a war started in 1979 when the US recognized the PRC as the legal government of China. Every single administration since has been kicking the can down the road. I also believe stationing nuclear weapons along with a US trip wire force akin to the one in S. Korea would've been enough to keep the peace but those days are long over and you're right I don't think any administration will have the balls to make such moves.

But for discussion sake, let's just pretend Taiwan shot down two J-16s that violated its airspace. How do you think the PRC would respond? Do people here truly believe they'd allow themselves to lose face by not responding militarily?

If Taiwan takes the bait China will attack.
If Taiwan ignores all provocations China will attack eventually anyway.
There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won’t happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.

First, US needs to fill that $19.5 BILLION dollar backlog of arms orders by Taiwan ASAP.
Second, USN needs to conduct FONOPs through the strait next time PLA does exercises. We have been far too accommodating to China's imperialist aggression.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:46:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Clarification regarding numerous requests from the mass media regarding the reception of instructors from partner countries.

Starting from February 2024, Ukraine expressed interest in the prospect of receiving foreign instructors in Ukraine.

As of now, we are still in discussions with France and other countries on this issue.

The Ministry of Defense, together with the General Staff, started internal work on the relevant documents on this issue in order not to waste time on coordinating bureaucratic issues when the appropriate decision will be made.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]

False.

The whole point of these “exercises” is to normalize this behavior for the time they move.

When an entire enemy Navy is allowed to “pinch” you every month the next “big excercise” looks just like that until they hit the go button.
View All Quotes

False.

Correct,  the Chinese need to get a finger bitten off and we need to back up the Taiwanese when they do it. The biggest problem is that if I were the Taiwanese I’d be worried that we’d weasel out of it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#26]
Lots of their civilian ferries, RORO, ConRO, ROPAX, ROLO ships and coastal trading vessels were built as dual use ships to support military landing operations.

But maybe they try to blockade Taiwan and starve them into surrender instead of a landing operation under fire.
View Quote

@CarmelbytheSea
I would rate aerial & naval blockade as a very likely step by PLA. It flexes their global political & military might, dares anyone to risk opposing them, and clearly identifies parties that are willing to defy them to help Taiwan, i.e. enemies. No doubt, anybody attempting to run the blockade would need to be willing to lose men & naval assets because China would surely shoot at them. It also makes their IFF easier: anybody that isn't theirs is an enemy to be destroyed on sight.

Here's a kicker that makes this confrontation very different from Russia/Ukraine: Taiwan is not recognized as a sovereign government by most of the world, including the UN. China keeps insisting this is an internal affair, and they've built very strong support for that argument. While most of the world could easily get behind a diplomatic condemnation of Russia for invading a sovereign state and UN member, PRC can count on the vast majority of world nations to stay on the sidelines. They've been working hard toward that goal for many years.

That's why the US needs to be pushing diplomacy HARD with all the free societies of the world, creating a bloc of anti-authoritarian/anti-imperialist nations will to undertake diplomatic & economic steps to oppose the authoritarian nations of the world (starting with the ones named in the thread title).

ETA - I think also when PRC finally gets around to kicking off military action, that will trigger a final declaration of independence by Taiwan with an appeal to the UN for immediate membership. Here too, diplomacy by the US to build support for that is much needed and I fear much lacking.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
They were saying this was a logistics area the Russians were using, and satellite photos show markings of parked equipment  like an S-300 system near the old airfield that show it may be present at times.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#28]
North Korean failed spy sattelite launch.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
They were saying this was a logistics area the Russians were using, and satellite photos show markings of parked equipment  like an S-300 system near the old airfield that show it may be present at times.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnTLBYWMAAoF1J?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
In case you missed it. Eurovision wasn't a first place win, but Ukraine was well represented with some good music. There has been an amazing effort by Ukrainian artists to put out patriotic music that has real meaning to it. Many of these songs hit you "in the feels" when you live this every day. My girl loves Ukrainian music now compared to before this escalation.

With English subtitles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFkuLfA9E_c

View Quote

That’s one of the first things I noticed when I started following the war. Ukraine has a great music industry. I have a dozen songs of Ukrainian origin on my iPod now and I don’t speak the language or have any Ukrainian ancestry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
France to send instructors to Ukraine to train Ukrainian soldiers, Syrskyi says

Click To View Spoiler

Not exactly new news but more like public acknowledgement or official statement I suppose. Other EU nations leaders have stated there were already NATO training instructors inside of Ukraine a few weeks ago.

NATO Parliamentary Assembly supports Ukraine's right to hit targets inside Russia using Western arms

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

This is fairly noteworthy news. Should trainers from France actually be sent (debates are still happening at the moment), the Baltic states should be expected to join in on this effort, as they have implied they would. I'd also expect Polish instructors to get in on the mission. If this happens, a number of other options will be able to be considered, and they likely are. In short, we're watching the Overton Window shift.

In Ukraine at the moment, combat brigades aren't being rotated off the line enough for basic R&R, so I doubt any noteworthy amounts of experienced soldiers are being pulled back to set up training programs. A lot of the training done in Ukraine (from an outsider's perspective) seems to be relatively short in many cases, non-standardized and of varying quality, and hindered by the general manpower shortages the Ukrainians have been experiencing, particularly for infantry. Hopefully increased amounts of Western trainers will aid in creating standardized, lengthier training programs.

I'd be interested to see if any Western "advisers" could be integrated into Ukrainian Brigade level leadership, so as to help with coordination between Battalions, as this is one of the larger issues holding back the offensive capabilities of the AFU.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I had never heard of this--Israeli M113s turned into remote contol VBIED, used in Jabalia.  Also used for logistics.

IDF remote-controlled M113 "Zelda" seen on Zaruub Hill in Rafah. One like this was seen a few days ago already in Jabaliya, and once before that in February. They explode on impact.

I asked an IDF commander familiar with this type of weapon and was told that the IDF has used them since the start of the war. He comments some are even equipped with remote controlled anti tank weapons.

Geolocation: The area around 31.2998,34.2367.
View Quote

The IDF commander clarifies: He meant that IDF infantry carries remote-controlled anti tank launchers that are placed somewhere and then activated from a few hundred meters away - he didn't mean that they were mounted on remote-controlled M113s, those are just used as VBIEDs sometimes, and primarily for logistics.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:24:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
16 minutes ago. Might see footage in the coming days.

Telegram videos.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnal8gXUAAZZoN?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnbrYiXEAEpDq5?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

GODDAMMIT, WE’RE GONNA NEED THOSE SEA SPARROWS FOR CHYNA!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Covering the most interesting parts.

Them fuckers.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#37]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

@CarmelbytheSea
I would rate aerial & naval blockade as a very likely step by PLA. It flexes their global political & military might, dares anyone to risk opposing them, and clearly identifies parties that are willing to defy them to help Taiwan, i.e. enemies. No doubt, anybody attempting to run the blockade would need to be willing to lose men & naval assets because China would surely shoot at them. It also makes their IFF easier: anybody that isn't theirs is an enemy to be destroyed on sight.

Here's a kicker that makes this confrontation very different from Russia/Ukraine: Taiwan is not recognized as a sovereign government by most of the world, including the UN. China keeps insisting this is an internal affair, and they've built very strong support for that argument. While most of the world could easily get behind a diplomatic condemnation of Russia for invading a sovereign state and UN member, PRC can count on the vast majority of world nations to stay on the sidelines. They've been working hard toward that goal for many years.

That's why the US needs to be pushing diplomacy HARD with all the free societies of the world, creating a bloc of anti-authoritarian/anti-imperialist nations will to undertake diplomatic & economic steps to oppose the authoritarian nations of the world (starting with the ones named in the thread title).

ETA - I think also when PRC finally gets around to kicking off military action, that will trigger a final declaration of independence by Taiwan with an appeal to the UN for immediate membership. Here too, diplomacy by the US to build support for that is much needed and I fear much lacking.
View Quote

https://www.politico.eu/article/china-warns-estonia-ditch-plan-taiwan-office/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://www.politico.eu/article/lithuania-defies-china-over-taiwan-ties-in-new-asia-strategy-xi-jinping/

Attachment Attached File

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1186988.shtml

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103899904

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#38]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnc3ydXUAEAHAA?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnds5UWUAAM9Tf?format=png&name=small

Telegram videos.

View Quote

So this is where the Russian POWs talked about a few pages back were coming from?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

So this is where the Russian POWs talked about a few pages back were coming from?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnc3ydXUAEAHAA?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnds5UWUAAM9Tf?format=png&name=small

Telegram videos.

Not entirely sure, but this incident could be a clue, it happened a few days ago.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
"??????" ?? ????????? | ????? ?? | KRAKEN
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#41]
UNRWA Commissioner General-

The scenes coming out of #Rafah last night are harrowing.

Reports of more casualties continue to come in following an Israeli airstrike on a heavily populated area northwest of Rafah.

Children and women living in tented plastic makeshift shelters are among the killed. Many were injured. Others were reportedly burnt to death.

The images from last night are testament to how Rafah has turned into hell on earth.

It has been extremely difficult to establish contact with our @UNRWA teams in Rafah today. Some of our staff are unaccounted for.

UNRWA is doing everything possible not to interrupt the delivery of humanitarian assistance. But with every day passing, providing assistance & protection becomes nearly impossible.

Of the 200 trucks with humanitarian supplies offloaded on the Palestinian side yesterday, only 30 trucks were picked up due to heavy movement restrictions + ongoing Israeli Forces airstrikes + the launch of rockets by Hamas + delays & limitations on the routes that can be used.

These are all additional challenges & restrictions that do not allow us to distribute aid. They further strangle the humanitarian operation on which 2 million people across Gaza depend.

I reiterate the call of the @UN  Secretary-General @antonioguterres for an immediate #ceasefire + for the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages to end the suffering of civilians. I echo his dismay by the lack of implementation of the recent order of the International Court of Justice regarding Rafah. The decisions of the
@CIJ_ICJ Court are binding.

The military operation in Rafah must immediately end & the flow of humanitarian assistance into Gaza must improve without further delay.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#42]
SOLOVYOV FUCK YEAH!

Break out the vodka!

Russian state TV urges retaliation against America

Elena Panina says Russia should interfere in Iran's internal affairs

Vladimir Solovyov alludes the US is to blame for the Iranian incident

Vladimir Solovyov talks about Putin's inauguration

Vladimir Solovyov threatens America

Vladimir Solovyov says Russia's borders extend to Mexico

Vladimir Solovyov predicts Russia will imprison European leaders

Vladimir Solovyov talks about Russian elections and American reptiloids

Margarita Simonyan and Vladimir Solovyov blame the West for Navalny's death

Vladimir Solovyov says Russia should not be ashamed of its imperialism

Vladimir Solovyov rages about the downing of IL-76

Olga Skabeeva and Oleg Tsaryov argue about propaganda methods
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#43]

https://vk.com/wall-60836469_18305
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Luhansk

LPR Head Pasechnik
Ukrainian nationalists launched another rocket attack on Lugansk with cluster munitions. The attack started a fire.

Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, law enforcement agencies and doctors went to the scene. Information about the damage and casualties is being clarified.

I keep the situation under personal control.

https://t.me/glava_lnr_info/2511

As a result of the strike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Lugansk, preliminarily, there are victims

LUGANSK, May 27. /TASS/.
People, according to preliminary data, were injured as a result of the strike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Luhansk. This was reported to TASS in the operational services of the region.

"The outskirts of Luhansk came under attack by Ukrainian troops. Previously, there are victims," the agency's interlocutor said.

According to a TASS correspondent, in the eastern part of Lugansk, ambulances moved to the site of the alleged strike.

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/20919041

Russian milblogger
In Lugansk it flew to the building of the “Higher Military Aviation School of Navigators”
Apparently, personnel were stationed there and there would be a lot of corpses...

https://t.me/ASupersharij/29345

It looks like it didn't come to school. The school is located in front of the Sharp Grave monument, and the glow can be seen behind the monument.

Judging by the fact that there was no information for about 25 minutes, the arrival was not within the city limits at all.

https://t.me/ASupersharij/29346

The Ukrainian Armed Forces from the outskirts of Kramatorsk launched missiles, presumably ATACMS, towards Lugansk, where a building was burning as a result of their arrival.
https://t.me/infomil_live/6870

Ukrainian/Former Governor of Luhansk
Loud in Luhansk! May holidays in the city do not subside. Like their echoes.

Tonight they saluted in the area of ​​the infrastructure facilities of the former Luhansk Higher Military Aviation School of Navigators and the nearby aircraft repair plant.

A little more than a year ago, the occupiers conducted the first bench test of the engine there since 2014, but in October 2023, "cotton" blossomed there, which spoiled the Russians' plans.

Now one more time. What exactly was damaged or destroyed - the occupiers, as usual, will not show. This will mean that losses of aviation equipment can be significant.

It will also not be possible to lie about the successful work of "pe-ve-o", because the consequences of the explosions "on the ground" were seen by thousands of Luhansk residents. They know that if it hits, it goes where it should!

https://t.me/luhanskaVTSA/19105

VK
The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a missile attack on the military base of the Russian Federation in Luhansk

The head of the Russian-controlled group "LPR" Pasechnik claims that the Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a missile attack with cluster munitions.

Local residents report that the strike was carried out on the territory of the Luhansk Aircraft Repair Plant.

After the start of the large-scale Russian invasion, Russian troops and military equipment, including helicopters, were also based there.

On the night of October 17, 2023, the Armed Forces of Ukraine had already hit the aircraft repair plant and the nearby airfield of the former Luhansk Higher Aviation School with ATACMS missiles. Then military helicopters of the Russian Federation were destroyed.

https://vk.com/wall-33426370_242691

1/7 In occupied Lugansk, explosions are reported in the area of ​​the air school runway (VVAUSH). Reports of this began to arrive around 21:00, and local residents later published a dozen videos. The glow of the fire can be seen from a great distance - outside the city. Donbass Realities geolocated

2/7 📍 The geolocation of one of them (the first), which was made by Donbass Realities, points in the direction of VVAUSH. Also in one of the videos, an eyewitness talks about a fire outside the village of Ostray Mogila - this is the location of VVAUSH.

3/7 The head of the occupation administration of the Russian Federation in Lugansk, Leonid Pasechnik, said that the city was hit by “cluster munitions”, but did not specify the location.

4/7 💬 Donbass Realities sources in occupied Lugansk say they heard about 7-10 explosions. This information is confirmed by residents of different parts of the city and nearby villages. In addition, we saw “fireworks” in the sky, as if from a rocket explosion.

Video
5/7 In the comments under the video in local groups, some talk about 7, some about 10, 15 and even 20 explosions. It is possible that submunition explosions actually took place. Or people heard the work of Russian air defense.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnal8gXUAAZZoN?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnbrYiXEAEpDq5?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
Now we need a program to upgrade the radar with NATO parts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Luhansk

LPR Head Pasechnik
Ukrainian nationalists launched another rocket attack on Lugansk with cluster munitions. The attack started a fire.

Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, law enforcement agencies and doctors went to the scene. Information about the damage and casualties is being clarified.

I keep the situation under personal control.

https://t.me/glava_lnr_info/2511

As a result of the strike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Lugansk, preliminarily, there are victims

LUGANSK, May 27. /TASS/.
People, according to preliminary data, were injured as a result of the strike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Luhansk. This was reported to TASS in the operational services of the region.

"The outskirts of Luhansk came under attack by Ukrainian troops. Previously, there are victims," the agency's interlocutor said.

According to a TASS correspondent, in the eastern part of Lugansk, ambulances moved to the site of the alleged strike.

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/20919041

Russian milblogger
In Lugansk it flew to the building of the "Higher Military Aviation School of Navigators"
Apparently, personnel were stationed there and there would be a lot of corpses...

https://t.me/ASupersharij/29345

It looks like it didn't come to school. The school is located in front of the Sharp Grave monument, and the glow can be seen behind the monument.

Judging by the fact that there was no information for about 25 minutes, the arrival was not within the city limits at all.

https://t.me/ASupersharij/29346

The Ukrainian Armed Forces from the outskirts of Kramatorsk launched missiles, presumably ATACMS, towards Lugansk, where a building was burning as a result of their arrival.
https://t.me/infomil_live/6870

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOmuluKWUAE_Ck-?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOmuluFWgAArLw7?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOm-F3QawAALEeO?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOm9ysvaAAADus6?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOm6F1PaAAE6ix5?format=jpg&name=large

Ukrainian/Former Governor of Luhansk
Loud in Luhansk! May holidays in the city do not subside. Like their echoes.

Tonight they saluted in the area of   the infrastructure facilities of the former Luhansk Higher Military Aviation School of Navigators and the nearby aircraft repair plant.

A little more than a year ago, the occupiers conducted the first bench test of the engine there since 2014, but in October 2023, "cotton" blossomed there, which spoiled the Russians' plans.

Now one more time. What exactly was damaged or destroyed - the occupiers, as usual, will not show. This will mean that losses of aviation equipment can be significant.

It will also not be possible to lie about the successful work of "pe-ve-o", because the consequences of the explosions "on the ground" were seen by thousands of Luhansk residents. They know that if it hits, it goes where it should!

https://t.me/luhanskaVTSA/19105

VK
The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a missile attack on the military base of the Russian Federation in Luhansk

The head of the Russian-controlled group "LPR" Pasechnik claims that the Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a missile attack with cluster munitions.

Local residents report that the strike was carried out on the territory of the Luhansk Aircraft Repair Plant.

After the start of the large-scale Russian invasion, Russian troops and military equipment, including helicopters, were also based there.

On the night of October 17, 2023, the Armed Forces of Ukraine had already hit the aircraft repair plant and the nearby airfield of the former Luhansk Higher Aviation School with ATACMS missiles. Then military helicopters of the Russian Federation were destroyed.

https://vk.com/wall-33426370_242691

1/7 In occupied Lugansk, explosions are reported in the area of   the air school runway (VVAUSH). Reports of this began to arrive around 21:00, and local residents later published a dozen videos. The glow of the fire can be seen from a great distance - outside the city. Donbass Realities geolocated

2/7    The geolocation of one of them (the first), which was made by Donbass Realities, points in the direction of VVAUSH. Also in one of the videos, an eyewitness talks about a fire outside the village of Ostray Mogila - this is the location of VVAUSH.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnMWjxXYAAaMDs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

3/7 The head of the occupation administration of the Russian Federation in Lugansk, Leonid Pasechnik, said that the city was hit by "cluster munitions", but did not specify the location.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnMYlwXYAAw_aQ?format=jpg&name=medium

4/7    Donbass Realities sources in occupied Lugansk say they heard about 7-10 explosions. This information is confirmed by residents of different parts of the city and nearby villages. In addition, we saw "fireworks" in the sky, as if from a rocket explosion.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOnMefTXAAAWFAO?format=jpg&name=large

Video
5/7 In the comments under the video in local groups, some talk about 7, some about 10, 15 and even 20 explosions. It is possible that submunition explosions actually took place. Or people heard the work of Russian air defense.

View Quote
Another S-400 system go pop?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Correct,  the Chinese need to get a finger bitten off and we need to back up the Taiwanese when they do it. The biggest problem is that if I were the Taiwanese I’d be worried that we’d weasel out of it.
View Quote

I used to regularly travel to china for work, and the first time I went, I was bullshitting with a guy on the plane on the way over. He said stare the customs guy down and he will drop his gaze and stamp your passport. He was right.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Depleted but not defeated — Ukraine’s frontline brigade fighting to the last man

The men of the 5th Separate Assault Brigade, under the command of Major Ruslan Habinet, are determined to defend the key strategic town of Chasiv Yar from Russian invaders. The sacrifice needed to do so cannot be comprehended by those at home reading the news, he says

Maxim Tucker, Kostyantynivka
Monday May 27 2024, 4.30pm BST, The Times

The Russian armoured column roaring towards his lines would be his men’s greatest challenge, the Ukrainian commander thought.

Major Ruslan Habinet’s 5th Separate Assault Brigade had already seen off President Putin’s last big push to seize the town of Chasiv Yar, denying him a symbolic win before Russia’s May 9 Victory Day celebrations. But it had come at great cost. After more than two years’ fighting, his brigade had lost 40 per cent of its original strength.

As Ukrainian reserves and newly released supplies of western artillery shells were being rushed north to counter Moscow’s new offensive in the Kharkiv region, on May 18 the brigade’s drones detected 20 Russian tanks, armoured personnel carriers and troop transports bearing down on their positions.

“Most of that new US aid is going to the Kharkiv direction,” said the major, 30, who commands the brigade’s tanks and artillery. The boom and crash of incoming artillery rounds spoke to the Russian advance at his command centre in the town of Kostyantynivka, seven miles from the front.

Starved of the ammunition and decimated by casualties, sickness and desertion, the Fifth Brigade is a shadow of the fighting force that had once helped hold the neighbouring city of Bakhmut.

“The enemy sees the shortage, understands it and takes advantage of it, stretching our reserves, dispersing our firepower. I want to be honest with you: often we simply do not have the ammunition to stop them,” he said.

Falling back was not an option. Despite its larger size, the battle for Bakhmut, which is nestled in a bowl of lowland, had been of symbolic rather than strategic importance. By contrast, the fight for Chasiv Yar is key.

The Siversky-Donets canal forms a natural barrier facing east, backed by heights from which to fire down on to Russians advancing towards any of its three bridges. The road into it is flanked by forest where the Ukrainians can conceal their positions.

Should the town fall, the Ukrainians will have to defend Kostyantynivka, a critical road and rail junction, along mostly flat land. Ukrainians holding the line south of the brigade at the town of Toretsk would face encirclement, as Russian troops are already moving forward to their west, at the village of Ocheretyne. From Kostyantynivka, the Russians could sweep north to Kramatorsk and Slovyansk, the last significant Ukrainian-held cities in Donbas.

That makes the largely abandoned Chasiv Yar, which had a prewar population of 12,756, a vital waypoint for President Putin to complete his capture of the coveted Donbas region. And the Russian column, headed for a suburb on the town’s outskirts, was clearly a serious threat. The major held back until the vehicles were in range of all his weapons, then gave the command to expend more of his dwindling supply of shells.

“We hit them with everything we have. Each time it’s so close to the edge of whether that is going to work or not. You just do it and then see how it goes,” said the major.

Neighbouring units, including elements of the Kraken special forces detachment, the 41st Mechanised Brigade and artillery brigades joined in too.

“There is a lot of firepower working here. The scale of the war that is happening now in Ukraine, it is more serious than any ordinary citizen can possibly imagine reading the news,” the major said.

The Russians had sent the vehicles forward to disgorge their infantry as close as possible to the Ukrainian positions, the major said, and did not seem to care whether they returned or not. The Russian tactics here are to get into the outskirts of a settlement, cling on and push forward incrementally into neighbouring houses until, slowly but surely, the town is overrun.

The Ukrainians were not about to allow that to happen. One after another, 16 of the Russian vehicles ground to a halt, destroyed or damaged by a hail of artillery, suicide drones and anti-tank weapons fired by infantry.

Above them, surveillance drones provided a bird’s-eye view of the battle for their commanders. The remaining four Russian vehicles beat a hasty retreat but not before the column had inflicted more losses on the precious few infantry the commanders of the Fifth Brigade have available to them.

Senior Lieutenant Oleksiy Tarasenko, 28, is deputy commander of the brigade’s second infantry battalion, a position usually reserved for the rank of major. His hasty wartime promotion speaks of dire losses among an already small professional officer cadre frequently targeted by Russian drones and snipers.

The brigade started off as an elite volunteer unit but is now 90 per cent mobilised men, although after two years of war, several are now experienced enough to provide the brigade’s backbone of non-commissioned officers. Mobilised or not, all of his men were heroes, Tarasenko said.

“It is not glorious like in the movies; this is our everyday work. When an officer hits a tank with a grenade launcher, or a soldier kills ten Russians with his rifle, this is just a routine act,” said the lieutenant.

An infantryman must sit in trenches for a week in abject conditions, under constant artillery fire, waiting for commanders to signal that an enemy assault group is approaching.

“Then he comes out of his hiding place, kills several infantrymen with his assault rifle, repels the enemy assault with his comrade, and sits in the position several more days without water or food, because there is no way to get it to him,” the lieutenant said.

“For me, heroism is not about how the person kills with his rifle but about the psychological determination to go on sleeping under the ground in those conditions.”
The brigade has sought to address its manpower problems by trialling new technology with some success. The semi-autonomous “Shablya” machinegun platform allows a soldier to operate it remotely from cover, apart from when it needs fresh ammunition or a change of batteries.

“I saw a very successful use of a Shablya with a large-calibre Browning gun, when very accurate fire was carried out at more than 2,000 metres, and a group of infantry was wounded or killed when approaching our firing positions,” Tarasenko said. The guns were a good idea, but came with drawbacks.

“Even if they have relatively minor problems — say a circuit board burns out or a tiny piece of shrapnel damages its mechanism, you cannot use them effectively for days or even weeks,” said Tarasenko. “No one sends us trained operators or engineers, only the robot, and we have to choose people to deal with it. Within five days, a person needs to deal with a robotic platform they have just seen for the first time in their life.”

Lieutenant Serhiy Kraynyak, a former farmer, now commands a platoon of the brigade’s robotised systems, and is enthusiastic about getting more.

“It’s very good — like a big Game Boy. If we had this when we were defending Bakhmut it would have been ideal to place three or four in different sectors in high-rise buildings, operated from the basement, and control a sector completely,” Kraynyak said, patting his robot weapon.

His platoon also uses remote-controlled robots to evacuate the wounded and relay food and ammunition, saving precious lives. Yet even with robots, his platoon is significantly under strength, having just nine operators from what should be a complement of 26.

Outnumbered and outgunned, the Fifth Brigade has to draw on all its ingenuity and audacity to outfight their enemy.

“Getting our timing right is absolutely vital,” said Major Habinet, recalling a tank battle in February where two of his tanks, an antiquated T-64 and a T-80, had seen off six Russian armoured fighting vehicles and three superior tanks.

The Russian vehicles had arrived on the outskirts of the village of Ivanivkse and dismounted infantry were about to storm the brigade’s strongpoints in the village. It was a cloudy day, providing some cover from drones, so there was a chance that, with their electronic jamming systems switched on, his tanks could get in before the Russians adjusted the frequencies on their video feeds and spotted them from the air.

“They were there for 10 to 15 minutes at the most. Already when they arrived in the village, they were attacked by FPV drones but the jamming systems were working well,” the major recalled.

Using their own drone reconnaissance, he guided his tanks left and right, directing accurate fire against the Russian vehicles. The two Ukrainian tank crews destroyed three enemy tanks, two fighting vehicles and the houses in which the disembarked infantry were hiding. Then the Ukrainian tanks left before the Russians could recalibrate their blinded drones.

“The commander who is riding in that tank may not see what is to the left, to the right, what is further in that city, what has changed in that settlement since a few minutes when he started participating in the operation. But from the air, we can give directions in real time and make corrections,” said Major Habinet.

“This is a totally new war, it cannot be compared to any other. A tank or infantryman on the battlefield cannot hide from his enemies, day or night, neither in the forest nor in the city. He is always visible.”

Additional reporting by Marian Prysiazhniuk

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/depleted-but-not-defeated-ukraines-frontline-brigade-fighting-to-the-last-man-jn8rjcdlv

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Obviously not or they would have pushed the boundary already. You're not very good at this, are you?
Page / 503
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top