Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2024 9:06:36 AM EDT
Trailer out for SEAL Team season 7. Final season premiers on August 11th.

SEAL Team | Season 7 Official Trailer | Paramount+

At a moment's notice, Bravo Team is ripped from their families and deployed across the globe to help the United States compete against foreign superpowers. As the military landscape shifts, personal lives, teammates and priorities change too, setting the stage for an emotional ending. Don't miss Bravo Team's dramatic farewell. The final season of SEAL Team arrives August 11th exclusively on Paramount Plus!
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Good. It's a bit over the top but I've found it enjoyable, and they seem to get the gun stuff right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll Watch.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!  I assumed it was over.  I've watched the series twice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll watch!
View Quote

Good show!  Might be better now with pouty ass written out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I've enjoyed it, will watch the last season.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll watch it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool ??
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Good show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Will watch. Cool show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good show!  Might be better now with pouty ass written out.
View Quote

'pouty ass'?

I stopped watching back at S5 when they moved it to paramount+; need to get caught up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Will watch as I have watched ALL previous seasons.
Love this show.

It has gotten a bit over the top with all the family background things (as opposed to more strictly missions, action, gear - rifles for me) and I expect season 7 to bring GREAT action.

I literally demand it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like I'll need to don my eye patch and parrot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I've enjoyed it for the most part, but to be honest, after re-watching the Unit a few months ago, I like the Unit better.
Yes the Unit suffered from bull shit home drama and season 4 kinda went off the rails.
Really wish they had gotten another season or 2.

Will watch season 7
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

'pouty ass'?

I stopped watching back at S5 when they moved it to paramount+; need to get caught up.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#16]
For whatever reason, I've never watched this show. Is it good? Worth watching all 7 seasons? Or does it go downhill after a season or two? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For whatever reason, I've never watched this show. Is it good? Worth watching all 7 seasons? Or does it go downhill after a season or two? Thanks
View Quote
I think it's worth it.
It starts off on a way more lighthearted, action thing than what it becomes in following seasons.

At first it's more about the action (plenty of gear and very accurate by the way - the reason that makes me prefer it over all other shows is that this one truly has accurate gear) and some family stuff.

Then it went dark. Mental health problems of operators as well as their intimate life dramas.
I understand the necessity of being willing to honor who served and serves but it truly went too dark and detracted from the lighthearted show I started watching for - rifle action, bogey killing etc.

I expect them to be as heavy and dark on these issues as they've been in the past (say) three seasons in season 7 as well - but I am looking forward to great filmed action too - at the very least (or I'll quit watching)
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it's worth it.
It starts off on a way more lighthearted, action thing than what it becomes in following seasons.

At first it's more about the action (plenty of gear and very accurate by the way - the reason that makes me prefer it over all other shows is that this one truly has accurate gear) and some family stuff.

Then it went dark. Mental health problems of operators as well as their intimate life dramas.
I understand the necessity of being willing to honor who served and serves but it truly went too dark and detracted from the lighthearted show I started watching for - rifle action, bogey killing etc.

I expect them to be as heavy and dark on these issues as they've been in the past (say) three seasons in season 7 as well - but I am looking forward to great filmed action too - at the very least (or I'll quit watching)
View Quote
I think that's just a product of reduced budgets I've read the show went thru. Fifteen minutes of actions cost way more than 15 minutes of bar and home drama.

Within the framework of realistic expectations out of hollywood for a series that's run this long on this subject, it's about as good as it could have been. Glad there will actually be a finale season instead of just being unrenewed and dropped.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#20]
For folks who haven't seen it at all:

It's got plenty of explosions and titties, but there are actual adult parts too where they go over the home issues and PTSD and TBI etc.

If you're only looking for explosions and titties, a Michael Mann film would probably do you better.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Should delay the premier until 9/11. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It’s impossible for those who haven’t served to relate, whereas literally billions enjoy action movies/tv.
View Quote

That's a very fair statement and I admire that you posted it.  True, true.  I expect too much sometimes.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I appreciate and sympathize with what those who deployed went through during and after, but since I can’t relate what may seem normal to a vet may come off as bitchy whining to me, and that’s really not fair to those who identify with those story elements.
View Quote

Maybe they were aiming more for the veteran crowd than the 'everyone' crowd with the show.  I dunno.  I know that those story elements are very important to the cast.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Awesome.  It's pretty much my favorite show.  I assumed it was over for good with how they ended the last season.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's got plenty of explosions and titties, but there are actual adult parts too where they go over the home issues and PTSD and TBI etc.

If you're only looking for explosions and titties, a Michael Mann film Strike Back would probably do you better.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice I just finished binge watching it for the second time
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good. It's a bit over the top but I've found it enjoyable, and they seem to get the gun stuff right.
View Quote

Thank Tyler Grey for that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the show a lot and will watch the new season.

They have had really good weapons consultants on the show and you can really tell.  I've also heard that the actors on the show have tested new gear before the gear was released to the public.  The one actor, Tyler Grey, served and I think he helps make it authentic.  The actor that plays Brock was brought on as a consultant and dog handler and they liked him enough to give him the part.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They have had really good weapons consultants on the show and you can really tell.  I've also heard that the actors on the show have tested new gear before the gear was released to the public.  The one actor, Tyler Grey, served and I think he helps make it authentic.  The actor that plays Brock was brought on as a consultant and dog handler and they liked him enough to give him the part.
View Quote

That's because there are a lot of veterans assisting with the show. Matt Bissonette (aka "Mark Owen")is a former DEVGRU guy and is an advisor and Tyler Grey was at Delta.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I heard on a podcast with Tyler, that he was who got Justin (Brock) onto the show. It was like two weeks before the pilot was suppose to film and Tyler said we gotta fix the gear and I know a guy. I think the conversation was something like Tyler calls Justin and says "dude, the gear is fucked, I need you to ship all your stuff". I guess Justin did promotional stuff with Crye in the past.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.
View Quote

Oh hell yes, fantastic show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, but I stopped watching when it went to streaming instead of standard broadcast TV.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe they were aiming more for the veteran crowd than the 'everyone' crowd with the show.  I dunno.  I know that those story elements are very important to the cast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate and sympathize with what those who deployed went through during and after, but since I can't relate what may seem normal to a vet may come off as bitchy whining to me, and that's really not fair to those who identify with those story elements.

The message is that the go fast dudes aren't indestructible robots and their mission tempo since 2002 has been crazy.  They're getting used up and thrown away, just like any basic grunt, but they're expected to just shut up about it because "operator".

It's a relatively small community and they were being vastly overused for the better part of 2 decades because politicians want to brag about killing specific bad guys without collateral damage.

The Shawn Ryan podcast has been very informative on the subject since most of his guests are former Delta, Team 6, SEALs, etc.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully Sonny gets a spin off show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The message is that the go fast dudes aren't indestructible robots and their mission tempo since 2002 has been crazy.  They're getting used up and thrown away, just like any basic grunt, but they're expected to just shut up about it because "operator".

It's a relatively small community and they were being vastly overused for the better part of 2 decades because politicians want to brag about killing specific bad guys without collateral damage.

The Shawn Ryan podcast has been very informative on the subject since most of his guests are former Delta, Team 6, SEALs, etc.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Wish "The Unit" had more seasons.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Watched it until the episode where the vet took his life in the VA parking lot.  That struck way to close to home and I simply could not watch it anymore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Binged watched every season.
1. Someone explain to me why Jason's helmet is almost always on crooked?
2. Damn, they do not seem to be very good shots.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
1. The helmet is on straight. His head is crooked.
2. They were trained by that "other" elite team, the A-Team.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you're only looking for explosions and titties, a Michael Mann film would probably do you better.
View Quote

Yup these guys don't live in a vacuum of violence, and siloing their operations from their families takes a toll. I think it is a disservice to only show the warrior side with no understanding of the impact on the warriors' families.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Little fact of the show... The helmet that Jason wears in the show was Bissonette's. That helmet was worn on the UBL raid.

Quoted:

Yup these guys don't live in a vacuum of violence, and siloing their operations from their families takes a toll. I think it is a disservice to only show the warrior side with no understanding of the impact on the warriors' families.
View Quote

This. The .gov chewed those guys up and spit them out for 20+ years.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Once they took it off regular TV I have not seen a single episode. Their loss. My wife and I were fans.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I watch the show and enjoy it for what it is
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Once they took it off regular TV I have not seen a single episode. Their loss. My wife and I were fans.
View Quote

Pity because it is grittier off network TV
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top