BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Counterpoint, this is the time of year that utilities are doing a lot of preventative tree work. Could he have been (or was his cover, in the more interesting case) simply surveying along the easement? Utility easements run all over the place.

Remember that that big transformer sabotage that made the news years back happened around there as well.
View Quote

Counter counter point- considering that previous transformer attack, he’d be more justified to have been concerned, now about national security in addition to his own
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the news release, Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting. The incident has been reported to the U.S. Department of Labor as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Robin sage already kick off?
View Quote

We aren't in Pineland anymore, actually it ended today I think.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds like he killed an fbi employee.
View Quote

That might explain the reported "interest" of the FBI here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/KjkPrxjJ/Ramzan-Daraev.webp

Ramzan Daraev photo found on Change.org
View Quote

I think that's the profile pic of the person who started the petition.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oof

My mistake.  Proud to say I am not too familiar with Change.org
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah guys, it's def terrorism, totally not a legit contractor for the local utility company inspecting the powerlines after all the recent severe powerline-damaging weather we've been having in the last couple of weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh that's my county. I wonder how it will shake out in the end?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And they need a translator to talk to the other employees? So we have a bunch of foreigners working for a contractor that works on our electrical infrastructure. Did I get that right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting

Sounds suspicious.

Also, why do they need translators?

And they need a translator to talk to the other employees? So we have a bunch of foreigners working for a contractor that works on our electrical infrastructure. Did I get that right?

Looks that way.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, seems somehow incomplete
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like there's more to this story somewhere

Because the FBI steps in for every random defense shooting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah guys, it's def terrorism, totally not a legit contractor for the local utility company inspecting the powerlines after all the recent severe powerline-damaging weather we've been having in the last couple of weeks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

You’re right. This has legit contractor written all over it.

“According to the news release, Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting.”
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Counter counter point- considering that previous transformer attack, he’d be more justified to have been concerned, now about national security in addition to his own
View Quote

I made all of the bullet hole patch plates for that attack
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oof

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oof

It could be the photo of him, the one floating around the grams looks like he was a bit younger and the lighting could be why his hair is darker.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow, top right pic of the full auto AK. Going with this guys is a Jihadi and was casing the SOF dude for a terrorist attack, that may explain why the FBI is involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No work pics on the dead guys gram, unless he works in a car wash.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0895_png-3221515.JPG

Wow, top right pic of the full auto AK. Going with this guys is a Jihadi and was casing the SOF dude for a terrorist attack, that may explain why the FBI is involved.

Smells like it, but is the FBI pissed they lost an asset?  SF dude might be fucked destroying government property.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you even read the article?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A misdemeanor trespass (250 yds from the home no less) deserves a felony murder? I dunno bout that bud. But again, there's a lot of missing info in the story.
View Quote

I thought I read 250 yards from the roadway by a power line? Definitely lots missing in article
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was blurb on the news about the bridge collapse I mentioned here.  All of the workers on the bridge were from out of the country.

Something screwy is definitely going on.  I don't know what so I won't apply any kind of theory to it.

But there seems to be more reports involving workers from other countries doing work for government services in ways that I've just have never heard of before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

There was blurb on the news about the bridge collapse I mentioned here.  All of the workers on the bridge were from out of the country.

Something screwy is definitely going on.  I don't know what so I won't apply any kind of theory to it.

But there seems to be more reports involving workers from other countries doing work for government services in ways that I've just have never heard of before.

Oh, there's nothing screwy going on.  These contractors are hiring the cheapest they can  find.  I'm a foreigner, don't have any work documents, but hey, I need a job, and I'll work for less than anyone else.  So, hire me, bro.  No one will find out, because you can pay us cash, and there's no record of that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do on TV.  I saw it Tuesday night.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I found a foreign guy in my backyard a few months back. No identification, vest, etc. He had climbed over my fence and was fucking with the cable box. I yelled, he ran.

Called the cable company later and they confirmed he's one of their contractors. They said that standard procedure would be for him to knock and notify, but of course he spoke no English.
View Quote

This happened to me as well, when I ran out the door he hopped my neighbors fence and ran through his yard.  The company tried to claim they sent me a letter weeks ago which gave them authorization.  Dude spoke zero English.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I googled his name.

All the usuals are spouting their usual stuff..Racisim, Islamophobia, justice for so and so...etc.
View Quote

Chechens aren't considered "caucasian"?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with AK's at all(never shot one or a SKS). I zoomed in but couldn't see the selector lever, how does one tell full auto from a semi auto AK?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So he killed a Chechen/Dagstani/person from that general region that probably shouldn't have been allowed into this country anyway.  Not really seeing the problem.
View Quote

That's what I take from it. I guess if you can't speak English you shouldn't be skulking around on people's private property.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#24]
It appears the dead Chechen’s family has started a “Justice for Ramzan” account on instagram.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah 100% good shoot confirmed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone should ask the family if the Krink is up for sale and make an offer?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It appears the dead Chechen’s family has started a “Justice for Ramzan” account on instagram.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73019/IMG_3630_jpeg-3221590.JPG
View Quote

Did you look through the dead guys page?  Did I screenshot the right Chechen?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I feel there is something else to this, perhaps foreign military looking for previous vets at home..
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
A call will be made and there will be no charges.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with AK's at all(never shot one or a SKS). I zoomed in but couldn't see the selector lever, how does one tell full auto from a semi auto AK?
View Quote

You can see part of the head of the auto safety sear pin (3rd hole) poking out from behind the stock.

It's definitely not a Krink though, you guys should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sheriff will probably get a call and the charges dropped.
View Quote

The Sheriff doesn't drop the charges. The prosecutor will be the one to make the choice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Sheriff doesn't drop the charges. The prosecutor will be the one to make the choice.
View Quote
Good point

A call will be made and there will be no charges.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I, too, am giving the SOF guy the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah. If you're out in the country working wear appropriate apparel. Im in a lettered truck with a uniform and a vest and still get mouth breathers losing their shit.

I feel the same way when I'm home. I caught some hobo looking asshole on our land. Imagine Si Robertson camo and all on a bike with a fkn back back. He was hired by the state to inspect culverts and drainage. No uniform, no safety vest. No name tag. Just goes past the house at dusk, through the barn yard and up our woods road during deer season. Then acted suprised and pissed off when he came out of the bushed to a  pick up with his bike in the back and a pissed off guy with a gun informing him he wasn't going anywhere without some ID and possibly a free ridein a cop car.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, wtf kind of people is this utility company hiring?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

Quoted:
So he killed a Chechen/Dagstani/person from that general region that probably shouldn't have been allowed into this country anyway.  Not really seeing the problem.

Whomever they can get in the door probably. They're allegedly a contractor so it's probably not a great job.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting considering the multi-day/week long substation "attack" a year or two ago in that general area, plus that area housing a large amount of high speed dudes.

Also, the lack of info is a possible clue as well.

I'd be very interested in hearing more...

ETA:  Yep, the substation attack was also Moore County.  2 possible hits in a home area of SOCOM.

It would be interesting to know what else may be in that general vicinity that would be a valuable target.

Mil folks at Bragg should have their ears perked up right now, on and off base.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Why are there so many utility worker contractors for that company that don't speak English?

Why are foreign men doing work for utility companies in the USA?

Are we giving out H1B visas to bring in cheap labor to do utility jobs?  Doesn't that seem like a security issue?

I'm getting pretty sick of this immigration chaos.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah. If you're out in the country working wear appropriate apparel. Im in a lettered truck with a uniform and a vest and still get mouth breathers losing their shit.

View Quote

agree.   in these times -- going onto people's property without any visible 'signs' of being a service worker / contractor seems like a really bad idea
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

“ Former colonel”
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

Beat me to the ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting considering what happened in VA.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why are there so many utility worker contractors for that company that don't speak English?

Are we giving out H1B visas to bring in cheap labor to do utility jobs?  Doesn't that seem like a security issue?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wonder how much money from that infrastructure boondoggle this admin rammed up our asses is going to these guys.

Quoted:

agree.   in these times -- going onto people's property without any visible 'signs' of being a service worker / contractor seems like a really bad idea

TBF...foreign nationals may nit have the best finger on the pulse of the times in this country right now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Bookmark this one. Saw a blurb elsewhere that would suggest there is definitely more to the story.

If true, will be interesting to see if this becomes a bigger news story.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This convinces me it was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah like why a guy with a terrorist sounding last name came all the way from Chicago to North Carolina to perform "utilities work" on the property of a SOCOM member. All Witham uniform, equipment, or company ID?  

Sounds fishy as fuck to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

Quoted:

Terrorists doing pre-attack surveillance apparently.   Sounds to me like SOCOM got some of their personnel records compromised and the guy that did the shooting was first on someone's hit list.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#47]
After 8 pm? Sounds like the guy was doing recon. There is a pattern of this in the U.S. right now on U.S. mil bases, not hard to imagine they might be doing same against some kind of target list they've been keeping.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#48]
My money is on good shoot against military aged foreign male on Snake Eater’s land.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Standing at the poles where the cables were supposed to be laid in the future”

Meaning reconductoring of existing poles? Undergrounding of existing overhead? Or installation of new overhead?

Or bullshit?
Page / 32
Top Top