Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Came to see Ted Cruz get 'torched.' Was disappointed. Thread title is false and misleading. OP did not deliver.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You didn't actually say anything here... except "its all bullshit".

If you want to actually make a point show me how its all bullshit.
- Walls are medieval
- There was a flood, people did die, federal tax dollars set aside to aid things like the flood were not used because of a shutdown
- Our debt is still skyrocketing
- Our economy has company....
View Quote
@CCLJ03

First, watch Cruz's response which your clip conveniently left out.   You can watch that here.  

Now, to what you posted:  I said it is bullshit because it is bullshit.   I am not saying I don't like it or that I disagree with it:  I am saying what he said is factually false and untrue.   A shortcut to that would be to say what I said:  BULLSHIT.

To your specific points:

-Walls for defense and security predate what we know as the medieval period (the Romans, Greeks, Etruscans, Hebrews, etc...) and are used to this very day.   Our military installations use them.   Many of our government buildings use them (the White House).   Many of the wealthiest among us use them.

You have a house or a structure you live in, right?   Does that structure have walls?   Mine does.   Know why?  Because they WORK to keep many things out.

We use them because they work.    They don't work perfectly, nothing does, but that isn't the point.

-There was a flood, people did die.   Floods happen.   The federal shut down had NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with that flood.    You have a state government and you have local governments and federal tax dollars mean nothing when it comes to help saving lives and, if you say otherwise, then that is a damning indictment of your state and local governments and you should reconsider why they are allowed to continue.

-Our debt is, indeed, increasing.   That happens when there are enough democrats in the Senate to ensure nothing gets passed without their input (60 vote threshold).

Our debt was going up under Bush (democrats held both chambers of Congress his last two years, people fail to mention that).    Our total national debt nearly DOUBLED under Obama.   See for yourself.   Why?   Because when Obama came into office democrats rammed through a budget and a series of bills and then failed to pass a budget for years; opting instead to pass CRs (continuing resolutions) the rest of Obama's time in office while Congress, under democrat control (the house, 2008-2010; the senate 2008-2012) and Obama in office failed to meet their constitutional and statutory duties and deadlines resulting in a massive debt that may very well cripple this nation.

-Our economy has company?    What do you mean by this because I do not recall that in his speech.   He spoke of China raping Africa (true and irrelevant; this has been going on for years and years and it won't end anytime soon) and landing a rover on the dark side of the moon (So what?  We already sent men there and have private companies; PLURAL, that CURRENTLY put China and Russia's space programs shame), the race for AI (again, no evidence just assertions about Chinese advances).

Do you have anything else?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

- Walls are extremely effective.  While they aren't a 100% solution to the illegal immigration problem they are certainly part of it.  For an example I point you to the Israeli border wall.
- It's not the federal government's role to deal with local floods.  There is no enumerated power in the Constitution giving the feds that role, therefore it should fall squarely on the 10th amendment.
- It's amazing that you talk about debt right after complaining that the feds didn't spend money.  But yes, the debt is absurd and the only way to get it under control is to have the federal government do its job and nothing more.
- Noted.  Not sure where you're going with this...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

- Walls are extremely effective.  While they aren't a 100% solution to the illegal immigration problem they are certainly part of it.  For an example I point you to the Israeli border wall.
- It's not the federal government's role to deal with local floods.  There is no enumerated power in the Constitution giving the feds that role, therefore it should fall squarely on the 10th amendment.
- It's amazing that you talk about debt right after complaining that the feds didn't spend money.  But yes, the debt is absurd and the only way to get it under control is to have the federal government do its job and nothing more.
- Noted.  Not sure where you're going with this...
- I don't disagree that walls are effective - I just made the point that they are, in fact, medieval.
- The feds didn't spend money they had already taken through taxation specifically for events such as that
- Our economy has company... as in we aren't the only big dogs in the block anymore. I believe thats the point he was making in his "bullshit claims" about our wealth

Quoted:

No thanks OP. FMB

How the hell did we graduate from the same college.
You just can't fathom that somebody different than you went to a school with 30,000 undergrads?

Quoted:

What's that saying about arguing with an leftist?
I was literally pointing out how ridiculous some of the argumentative logic I've heard here is. That was the point.

Quoted:

People are not gov't.  Given space FROM government, they will do great things.  The US was a great experiment in giving people space to do what they wanted.  That space has been closing in for decades now, but we still have more opportunity to go great things than most places on earth.

It's because of the LACK of government.  And you're just a stooge that doesn't want reality, you want control.
What? What is our government made of if not people? Let's take public land for example - do you ever go out and enjoy our public lands? Can you imagine how hard that would be if it were all owned privately for-profit? How about a new private toll road every couple of miles?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@CCLJ03

Here is the part your little clip omits OP.   WATCH THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY!  

Somebody please embed.
View Quote
Indeed, someone was "torched" yesterday, but it wasn't Senator Cruz.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bennett is a LIAR

I am from Loveland, Colorado.  I was in the flood.  My shop had 3 feet of water inside and my work yard was under 8 feet of water.

There were NO people killed from the government shutdown.  Work started immediately after the flooding.

Bennett is a liar and a grandstander

Big-Thompson-Flood-2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Big-Thompson-Flood-7 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Big-Thompson-Flood-9 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Big-Thompson-Flood-13 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quisiling is way too kind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@CCLJ03

Here is the part your little clip omits OP.   WATCH THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY!  

Somebody please embed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE62vosaXq4
Drop the fucking mic.  Bennett is a hypocrite piece of shit that unfortunately has at least one quisling on this website.
Quisiling is way too kind.
No kidding - I edited that a couple of times before ending up with that CoC-compliant reply.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of big government, but I don't see how you can deny that the world was a much worse place before the United States Federal Government hit the scene.
View Quote
Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

And it could be argued one way or the other on if it’s better now than before.

As for the video: didn’t watch & don’t need to. Shit like this is pandering and platitudes made to make the opposition look bad.

NEWS FLASH! Politicians SUCK!

P.S- fuck commies
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
demoRAT.....

He can drown in a fire....
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I always have lots of respect for crying pussies that are full of shit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How was he full of shit? Be precise please.

Did any of you you even watch it? Honestly?
View Quote
@CCLJ03

Trump didn’t keep the promise to build the wall because Democrats and RINOs wouldn’t let him.  Heck, the GOPe wouldn’t let him.  Trump has been fighting the Republicans (with few exceptions) and Democrats since day one.

I think you’re letting him brainwash you and tug at your heartstrings.

I don’t think this makes you a bad person (as long as you vote Republican), but you are being naive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Going off memory, the one female writer who offered oral sex to anyone who punched the MAGA hat kid in the face and I think the Disney writer who mentioned the wood chipper. I'm not saying everyone is threatening these children (and I'm not saying people on the right aren't crazy either) - I'm saying after looking at Facebook and other media outlets after this MAGA hat scandal and even after the debacle that was the Kavanaugh hearings - these people are engaging in incendiary behavior that's going to cause more than conversational conflict. An entire school shut down because of a fake news article. Death threats and bomb threats after a fake news article right? How am I to reason with people that don't even look into that clip and actually ask about the background of it?
View Quote
No, you literally did say "many of the people on the left are threatening to put kids in a woodchipper"

Now you're obscurely claiming it was one Disney writer...

Don't you think thats incendiary behavior?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does he explain why democrats were for the wall before they were against it?

Neither the democrats or republicans have done anything FOR the American people in a long, long time.
They only do stuff TO the American people and none of it is good anymore.
View Quote
This is true. Pick up that can, citizen
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, you literally did say "many of the people on the left are threatening to put kids in a woodchipper"

View Quote
Incendiary like talking out of your ass about shit you have no clue about?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh... you'd actually prefer a civil war, huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to like being in the compromising position.
Oh... you'd actually prefer a civil war, huh?
Well, we could compromise on everything and watch our children die in concentration camps.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You just can't fathom that somebody different than you went to a school with 30,000 undergrads?
View Quote
I can, I just didn't expect them to be on Arfcom posting a video of a democrat asshole throwing a temper tantrum and trying to say we all should watch it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fake news bullshit.

Colorado is lost because of people like OP
View Quote
LOL

I thought one small speech was interesting and somewhat respectable, and now I'm the reason Colorado is "lost".
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank god for term limits, that asshole will be gone in '22.  The only reason he is opposed to the wall is that Trump campaigned on it.  Doesn't matter that the wall, and more security, is needed, just that Trump can't be allowed to build it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL

I thought one small speech was interesting and somewhat respectable, and now I'm the reason Colorado is "lost".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake news bullshit.

LOL

We've all learned that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

You must have been out sick that day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Go back to DU

The fact you think that cock sucker Bennet has said a single shred of truth is telling
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
- I don't disagree that walls are effective - I just made the point that they are, in fact, medieval.
- The feds didn't spend money they had already taken through taxation specifically for events such as that
- Our economy has company... as in we aren't the only big dogs in the block anymore. I believe thats the point he was making in his "bullshit claims" about our wealth
View Quote
- The medieval talking point is laughable.  Walls are universal, they were certainly the first structures made by man and the first thing that someone dealing with physical security of an area does.  They are cost effective means to keep honest people honest and slow down the rest so that you can deal with them through more active means.
- The feds spend more money than they take in every year.  You're being intellectually dishonest to complain that the feds are both spending money and not spending money at the same time.  And again, it's not in their constitutional power to deal with local floods in the first place.
- We have never been the only big dogs on the world economy.  To claim that this is a new phenomenon is as laughable as the rest of your points.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
demoKKKrat....

He can drown in a fire and piss razor blades in hell for eternity....
View Quote
Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A dupe because he mentioned the same event 6 years later? GTFO

He didn't blame the flood on the shutdown... he blamed the poor response partially on the shutdown.
View Quote
Were you living here at the time? There was no "poor response."

Yeah, I listened. "Medieval wall..." Bennett is a pathetic statist bitch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You aren't even technically correct.  Walls are not "medieval".  The Romans were great wall builders.  As was Carthage.  And the Chinese.  As was every little knot of civilization in every little city before them.  Perhaps you should ponder why that is.

Calling walls "medieval" is simply idiotic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
No democrat can ever hold my respect. How would that guy vote for an AWB? How about a UBI or Single Payer? How about a wall to help keep illegals out? How about more welfare?

That D-bag would vote this republic right into the hands of the commie globalists. Having a few agreements is irrelevant. Hitler liked ice cream. So do I. That doesn't earn my respect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
How much are you getting paid to try and find middle ground with us anyways?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah... nothing like them saving us from Mexico with a taxpayer funded wall that we were promised we wouldn't have to pay for.

No. Not at all. What you're doing there is a logical fallacy - it's called an appeal to extremes. I explicitly said I'm no fan of big government, but I think the world is better off with a big US government than none at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've listened to their side plenty. Their morals are lacking and their ideas suck. Why does something always have to "get done"? And it's always the fed that has to save us?
Yeah... nothing like them saving us from Mexico with a taxpayer funded wall that we were promised we wouldn't have to pay for.

Quoted:

You think somehow the overreaching federal government is somehow responsible for the good in this world? I think we succeeded in spite of it.
No. Not at all. What you're doing there is a logical fallacy - it's called an appeal to extremes. I explicitly said I'm no fan of big government, but I think the world is better off with a big US government than none at all.
Hello fellow firearms enthusiasts...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We were promised Mexico would pay for the wall - forget about that I suppose huh?
$6b to the taxpayer now
He addressed and acknowledged the corruption in or government to his colleagues faces

Listen, he cited a fair amount of information in the video. I don't have the time or desire to address everything he said.

Is our government perfect? not even fucking close. Is it still he best one in the world? I think so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@CCLJ03

I'm sorry, what in that rant did you find to be reasonable and how did he earn your respect?    How did any of that torch Cruz?   I ask not just as a person who watched the speech, in its entirety, I did, but as a person who understands how our government functions and having watched our government operate for many decades.

Or do you actually believe the lies he is peddling?

We were promised Mexico would pay for the wall - forget about that I suppose huh?
$6b to the taxpayer now
He addressed and acknowledged the corruption in or government to his colleagues faces

Listen, he cited a fair amount of information in the video. I don't have the time or desire to address everything he said.

Is our government perfect? not even fucking close. Is it still he best one in the world? I think so.
@CCLJ03

You do realize that the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement replacing NAFTA is worth considerably more to the U.S. than $5B per year, right?  Yes, Mexico is paying for the wall.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@CCLJ03

You do realize that the United StatesMexicoCanada Agreement replacing NAFTA is worth considerably more to the U.S. than $5B per year, right?  Yes, Mexico is paying for the wall.
View Quote
Not to mention the money we'd save by reducing the flow of welfare recipients coming across the border.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I can, I just didn't expect them to be on Arfcom posting a video of a democrat asshole throwing a temper tantrum and trying to say we all should watch it.
View Quote
Well, I don't compromise on basic human rights (like the right to self defense or gun rights in general). That also includes my rights to my own body and what I put in it, who people choose to love... that kind of stuff. I'm more of a live and let live kid of person.

The problem I have is that I hear lot of guys talk out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to the size of the government. Big government here... small government here kind of stuff. It gets confusing.

I literally posted this because I thought he had a couple of good points. The response here tells me I probably should start preparing for a real civil war.

This much anger, assumption, generalization, hostility, and partisanship can only lead one place in the end.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
"torches"

oh the hyperbole
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL

View Quote
That man would see you disarmed in a second if he could.
That man would see all your wealth taken from you in a heartbeat if he could.
That man would seek to undermine what made this country great and turn it into a third-world hell hole if only he could have power over us if he could.
That man is of the party that fought a war to keep slavery; fought to keep blacks as second class citizens, and the party that created the KKK to lynch the ones they couldn't force to back down and seeks to allow every and any person to enter this country illegally as to ensure you are rendered obsolete and your country is taken from you by simple inertia.

A person of that party swayed you to such a degree that he earned your respect with a speech filled with lies and deceit and you doubt IchWarrior's claim?

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going off memory, the one female writer who offered oral sex to anyone who punched the MAGA hat kid in the face and I think the Disney writer who mentioned the wood chipper. I'm not saying everyone is threatening these children (and I'm not saying people on the right aren't crazy either) - I'm saying after looking at Facebook and other media outlets after this MAGA hat scandal and even after the debacle that was the Kavanaugh hearings - these people are engaging in incendiary behavior that's going to cause more than conversational conflict. An entire school shut down because of a fake news article. Death threats and bomb threats after a fake news article right? How am I to reason with people that don't even look into that clip and actually ask about the background of it?

How about the complete lack of outrage from the media? They pick apart everything the right says and does...silence in this case surely indicates agreement and approval... So yes, many on the left are perfectly fine with the idea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How much are you getting paid to try and find middle ground with us anyways?
View Quote
People are ticked off at T$ today so Op has to strike while the iron is hot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, how fucked up does your state have to be in order to elect a autistic as a senator?

Holy fuck, that was terrible to watch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what a great addition to the conversation

I'm not a fan of big government, but I don't see how you can deny that the world was a much worse place before the United States Federal Government hit the scene.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy
what a great addition to the conversation

Quoted:
Think again, he is a commie.  The gov is not responsible for preventing flooding and the world existed before the gov became our savior for all things.

Quoted:
Yeah, I always have lots of respect for crying pussies that are full of shit.

The magazine in your avatar is illegal in your state because of commie fags like him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've listened to their side plenty. Their morals are lacking and their ideas suck. Why does something always have to "get done"? And it's always the fed that has to save us?

Quoted:

You think somehow the overreaching federal government is somehow responsible for the good in this world? I think we succeeded in spite of it.
I was on my way back from the local ammunition and firearm supply store........
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well, I don't compromise on basic human rights (like the right to self defense or gun rights in general). That also includes my rights to my own body and what I put in it, who people choose to love... that kind of stuff. I'm more of a live and let live kid of person.

The problem I have is that I hear lot of guys talk out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to the size of the government. Big government here... small government here kind of stuff. It gets confusing.

I literally posted this because I thought he had a couple of good points. The response here tells me I probably should start preparing for a real civil war.

This much anger, assumption, generalization, hostility, and partisanship can only lead one place in the end.
View Quote
So did you bother to Google the Roosevelt Reservation so you could tell us how accurate his eminent domain claims about the wall are?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually said” ...and encouraging violence against” so you can be as pedantic as you want -  but the reports of death threats, bomb threats on some media outlets and the responses on social media support the “encouraging violence against” aspect of my statement.

If you’re not here to troll, watch the Ted Cruz video starting at 6:45.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Troll demands proof. Is given proof, ignores and celebrates "winning".

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck him.

I voted for Cruz in the 2016 primary and I'll vote for him again if I ever get the chance.
View Quote
This

Dude is a fucking commie.  OP, it isn’t the federal govt that has made America great
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Says the guy who after hearing the full context and Senator Cruz’s rebuttal, chooses to side with the Commie motherfucker who wants to disarm him.  I mean, unless you are assuming that you’ll get that Commie discretion on how laws apply,
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So did you bother to Google the Roosevelt Reservation so you could tell us how accurate his eminent domain claims about the wall are?
View Quote
Finally got to it. That's a great point!

Didn't even know about that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#46]
So Ted Cruz shut down the government in 2013 because he didn't want to fund Obamacare and now Ted Cruz shut down the government because the Democrats don't want to fund the wall? It doesn't work that way. If it was Cruz's fault then, that means it is Bennet's fault now.

The government was shut down for a whole 16 days in 2013. Obama declared an emergency for the floods on Sept. 12 and the Federal government provided aid up until the shutdown. During the shutdown Colorado footed the bill and was reimbursed after the government opened back up. Any deaths that occurred happened way before the shutdown. Hopefully some day Colorado will finally be able to recover.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Says the guy with the exact same conundrum.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#48]
This forum is being overrun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Me and my fucking pussy ass bullshit? haha

So when is Mexico going to pay us back for the wall we have to build because people can't fucking stand to stay in their country any longer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aight, you're either a troll or the least common denominator on this board.

One of the ACTUAL responsibilities of a fucking federal government is border security. Fuck off with your fucking pussy ass bullshit and peddling of democrat lies. Democrats never have a valid position, I'll take that stance. They're evil, vile, worthless, shitstains that block all chance of peace in this world. Fuck every fucking shitbag democrat with a cactus.
Me and my fucking pussy ass bullshit? haha

So when is Mexico going to pay us back for the wall we have to build because people can't fucking stand to stay in their country any longer?
@CCLJ03

United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement

Trump signed it.  Read it.  We won.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake news bullshit.

LOL

At least you're honest about it
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top