BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

Originally Posted By shiky:
patches are a good thing. maybe they're fixing Kira not talking.

Nope, just nerfing slicing among other things

Kira's fix is in the patch notes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SniperKage:

patches are a good thing. maybe they're fixing Kira not talking.

Nope, just nerfing slicing among other things

I never got huge amounts from slicing anyway, barely more than breaking even. Apparently I was doing it wrong.

I have best success when only taking bountiful and rich missions.  I haven't done much since the patch, so I don't know how big the nerf is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I played a few space missions today and it seems like you get an awful lot of XP from playing those.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nobodyg17:
I played a few space missions today and it seems like you get an awful lot of XP from playing those.

Definitely.  Expect that to be nerfed next.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm on taris, and i don't know when i'm supposed to get a Kira mission.. I DID flirt with her in the beginning which was supposedly the switch taht turns her off, but if they fixed it then.... what?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm on taris, and i don't know when i'm supposed to get a Kira mission.. I DID flirt with her in the beginning which was supposedly the switch taht turns her off, but if they fixed it then.... what?

The Kira mission comes much later.  You have to be a higher level and have a very high affection level with her.

She'll have more to say at set points as her affection rises and you are at least a certain level.  Note that it is possible to unlock multiple conversations in a row, usually this happens when affection is high, but your level is not (but the reverse can happen as well).
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Ajek:

The Kira mission comes much later. You have to be a higher level and have a very high affection level with her.

She'll have more to say at set points as her affection rises and you are at least a certain level. Note that it is possible to unlock multiple conversations in a row, usually this happens when affection is high, but your level is not (but the reverse can happen as well).

I just want to introduce her to a "wider view of the force" i.e. turn her dark.

I'm having more fun playing a dark Jedi than a Sith right now.

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By M-1975:

The Kira mission comes much later. You have to be a higher level and have a very high affection level with her.

She'll have more to say at set points as her affection rises and you are at least a certain level. Note that it is possible to unlock multiple conversations in a row, usually this happens when affection is high, but your level is not (but the reverse can happen as well).

How do you acquire higher level force abilities if your DS score is higher than your LS?

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Troubl3shooter:

Originally Posted By M-1975:

How do you acquire higher level force abilities if your DS score is higher than your LS?

Not sure. I assume my toon would just get DS abilities instead of LS ones? I'll have to look into that.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#10]
The abilities dont change, just the equipment you can use.

And your eyes glow
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:40:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#11]
So I hit lvl 30 with my Juggernaut last night.  I have to say that now I'm starting to like it much better for pvp.  I now have force choke, force throw, smash no longer requires rage and force charge gives me immunity for 4 or 6 secs.  That helps me out a bit in pvp now.  Plus it helps having a good team and not going against a team full of 50s.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hit 29 on my SA. Love it.

Still bummed about the slicing nerf

Love huttball.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The slicing nerf is brutal.  

My main character was funding the skills of two other characters, now he's lucky to break even.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]

The slicing nerf is brutal.  

My main character was funding the skills of two other characters, now he's lucky to break even.

I've been doing ok but now im going to have to budget better

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Those of you that used a credit card to purchase the game from Origin, about how long did it take to get the email?
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Seiran:

Those of you that used a credit card to purchase the game from Origin, about how long did it take to get the email?

When I bought it for my brother, it took about 2 hours.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By nsw8148:

When I bought it for my brother, it took about 2 hours.

Yea it took me about an hour. Now I'm waiting for it to finish downloading or installing to my system so I can play.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Im on the fence about getting this game. I put down WoW a few months ago and been wanting to find a new MMO to get into. I Gave Rift a try but got kinda bored with it.

Now the game is out Id like to hear some reviews from you guys.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#19]
Originally Posted By TripleC:
Im on the fence about getting this game. I put down WoW a few months ago and been wanting to find a new MMO to get into. I Gave Rift a try but got kinda bored with it.

IMO:

If you're burned out from WoW and you're not a Star Wars fan, you will not enjoy this game.  The quests are exactly the same old kill and fetch, just re-skinned and with more emphasis on story.  ex: You have to shut down four power generators (spread out and guarded, of course) to open the way for an assault to capture a major spaceport.  You'll need a key code first, which is dropped from a boss.  Along the way you'll fight groups of 3-5 minor bad guys with the occasional sub-boss.  You'll probably get a "bonus quest" to eliminate a certain number (20-40 usually) of these minions and sometimes an additional bonus quest for a sub-boss.  I have to admit that this system does make questing much more interesting and almost fresh.

I have done very little group PvE, so I can't comment on that, except to say that the first flashpoint (group dungeon) at lvl ~10 is the best (story/interactivity) wise; it's all down hill from there - though the first is very good.

A major point of irony (this being an MMO), is that most of the class specific story quests must be completed by yourself (and your AI companion).

PvP is pretty fun, but not enough by itself to recommend the game.  There are 3(?) tiers of epic max level gear to grind through, but no ranked/competitive system as of yet.  It's pretty well balanced, especially since each side's classes are mirrors of each other.  If you're going to get in to PvP, take some time to learn how the resolve system works (there's a great guide on the official site's PvP forum).

The only thing keeping me going right now is that I am really, really enjoying the characters' stories.  There are a number of major decisions that branch each class story at various points, making me wish I could see the other branches without having to level a new character.

Bottom line: if you're at all a Star Wars fan, it's worth playing - especially since this is "KOTOR 3, 4, 5..."

ETA: Crafting seems to be somewhat of a waste as quest rewards keep you and your primary companion geared fairly well.  The main advantage is that you can keep a certain "look" and equip certain gear with modifications that keep it as good or better than quest rewards.
Slicing has been nerfed, and while not totally useless, I don't recommend it if you only have one character.

ETA 2: Re: crafting.  Biochem seems to be the best crafting profession because you can craft reusable med packs and stims.  These make leveling my Guardian much, much easier, as well as helping a bit in PvP.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TripleC:

It's somewhat similar to wow, but not just another damn fantasy game. I'm so sick of fantasy games I could scream. The storylines are great, every time I finish one of the class story arcs I can't wait to finish the next to see what happens. I've dumped slicing in favor of treasure hunting, again, mainly to get parts for the good companion gifts. Vette is playing too hard to get, but Jaesa seems to be... err, motivated to improve her position (apparently she wants to be on top occasionally).

Overall I'd say that, to me and my play style, the game is a solid 8 with a very strong possibility of improving to 9+ in the near future as they add features and content. I hated the amount of running you had to do early on, but that has improved with sprint at around lvl 14 and speeders at lvl 25.

And the $150 for the CE was definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok.  Broke down and bought it and downloading now.  What server is everyone on?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:

Mostly split up

The Empire guild Delerium Tremens is on the server Krayt Dragon, while the Republic guild Republic Industries is on Canderous Ordo...but there's a number of people from here on many other servers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:31:44 AM EDT
[#23]

All of them.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Mostly split up

The Empire guild Delerium Tremens is on the server Krayt Dragon, while the Republic guild Republic Industries is on Canderous Ordo...but there's a number of people from here on many other servers.

I'm mostly Sith side on Canderous Ordo.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#25]
hit lvl 40 with my Jug last night.    Bought 3 pieces of lvl 40 pvp gear (chest, pants, face) and using a lvl 38 pvp light saber.  pvp is getting much more competitive against lvl 50s
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By metalsaber:

hit lvl 40 with my Jug last night.    Bought 3 pieces of lvl 40 pvp gear (chest, pants, face) and using a lvl 38 pvp light saber.  pvp is getting much more competitive against lvl 50s

I got to level 50 with mine. I'm enjoying PVP since there seem to be a lot of bugged dailies. Save up those Warzone commendations (they max at 1000), buy Mercenary commendations with them, then buy the Champion bags. I got an epic Champion implant out of one, the rest have just been Centurion commendations.

I have very good survivability in PVP. If we're playing against a coordinated team in Huttball, there seems to be a lot of "everyone focus fire down the Juggernaut" going on. I can keep 3 of their players distracted for a while trying to kill me though.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks like I'll make it to level 50 just in time for the 50 only bracket to be implemented (it's coming this month)  - I'll still be a free kill for the geared 50s while not having any low levels to pick on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#28]

It looks like I'll make it to level 50 just in time for the 50 only bracket to be implemented (it's coming this month)  - I'll still be a free kill for the geared 50s while not having any low levels to pick on.

Well they needed to do that.  The 5 lvl 50s on one team completely owning was getting old.  Heck at best, they should spread the lvls up a bit so there isn't a team with 5 lvl 50s and a team with only 1.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Thinking about creating a toon on one of the PVP servers.   What class is the most fun to play in PVP?    I know it is personal preference but I have not even tried PVP yet, open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#30]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

Well they needed to do that.  The 5 lvl 50s on one team completely owning was getting old.  Heck at best, they should spread the lvls up a bit so there isn't a team with 5 lvl 50s and a team with only 1.  

I agree 100%.  I quit a WZ immediately if there are a bunch of 50's on the other team.

Thinking about creating a toon on one of the PVP servers.   What class is the most fun to play in PVP?    I know it is personal preference but I have not even tried PVP yet, open to suggestions.

Operative/Scoundrel currently draws the most ire on the forums (they can spec for stealth/burst damage)

Though, IMO, a Powertech/Vanguard is the best 1v1 class.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Operative/Scoundrel currently draw the most ire on the forums (they're can spec for stealth/burst damage)

I like Inq Sorc for PVP.  Lots of CC and high DPS output.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Operative/Scoundrel currently draw the most ire on the forums (they're can spec for stealth/burst damage)

I like Inq Sorc for PVP.  Lots of CC and high DPS output.

In Warzones/group PvP, I love my sage for those same reasons.  The high mobility helps survivability, and there are plenty of abilities to dish out damage or throw a heal when necessary.  Sages/Sorcerers definitely have the most utility and they shine in groups.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of these datacrons are a pain.   I just hit 27 with my Sith Sorc.   I have played almost every quest, heroic, and flashpoint.   Still no pvp though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of these datacrons are a pain.   I just hit 27 with my Sith Sorc.   I have played almost every quest, heroic, and flashpoint.   Still no pvp though.

agreed. lvl 32 guardian, and PVP hurts if i don't have a healer following me. I feel way too squishy for a tank.

i do enjoy space combat though. its pretty cool
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I dropped my tank at lvl 24.  He was not really able to tank so it was not fun for me.   I remember my tank from COH that I played and I could wade into huge mobs and live until  most of the mob was cut down.  Not so in this game.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#37]
it sound like it takes til the mid 30's with good gear to actually get good at it, and at 50 you tank well. I've got good gear, and i'm starting to be good at it, so long as i've got a healer around. he's not CONSTANTLY healing me, i absorb a lot of damage, i deflect a lot of damage, but i don't DO a lot of damage.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nobodyg17] [#38]
Man I hope that getting these datacrons pays off in the end game or pvp.   Some of them are horrible to get.   Any ideas what to do with the shards?  I have 5 of them now.

Edit:  Two days of game play at lvl 30..............  HAHA.

Tatooine or whatever was horrible.  The first time I missed the jump after riding the balloon for half an hour, then the one closest to the spaceport I missed a jump in a different area 3  times.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#39]
the shards you combine in the matrix assembler, and you need three. the combinations give you different stat buffs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 3:38:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#40]
Originally Posted By MauserMark:
Tacked!  Sorry it took this long.

I thought the thread got deleted!  I couldn't find it, then realized it was tacked.

Some of these datacrons are a pain.

I'm found waiting until level 50 to hunt down all the datacrons easier.

Man I hope that getting these datacrons pays off in the end game or pvp.

It's not huge, but if you're in to min/maxing your character, it's a difference.

it sound like it takes til the mid 30's with good gear to actually get good at it, and at 50 you tank well. I've got good gear, and i'm starting to be good at it, so long as i've got a healer around. he's not CONSTANTLY healing me, i absorb a lot of damage, i deflect a lot of damage, but i don't DO a lot of damage.

That's about the size of it.

I hated my Guardian until about lvl 36 when I got saber throw.  That combined with the skill points I was able to spend allowed me to feel like I was doing something.

When I have a healer and I start popping cooldowns I'm almost un-killable, and I've walked through fire in Huttball with half the other team beating on me to score.

I think though, that the biggest factor that helped me level the Guardian was having the Bio-chem crew skill.  The reusable stims and medpacks made the hard quests almost easy, and help tremendously in PvP.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#41]
At lvl 49 on my Juggernaut.  If you are lvling alone, I might suggest you keep Capt Imperial as your sidekick and designate him as a healer.  Keep his gear and stats up and you can do pretty well.  If you are just lvling, I might suggest just going the Immortal tree.  Then when you go to really pvp, switch over to the vengeance tree.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 9:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sierrabravofour] [#42]

I'm honestly surprised that I can  get kills like this being level 12 against 80% level 50 opponents.

Eta...I'm sinistrad on krayt dragon server.  My name is 3rd from the top.

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Well you get credit for a kill as long as you do dmg against the player, so I'm sure the other 50s are helping your cause.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#44]
the shards you combine in the matrix assembler, and you need three. the combinations give you different stat buffs.

Where do you find a matrix assembler?  I have 6 shards so far.    I am horrible with MMO's.  The only other one I have ever played was COH's and there was not crafting or anything(I do not think).
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 12:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIMJEDI] [#45]

Where do you find a matrix assembler?  I have 6 shards so far.    I am horrible with MMO's.  The only other one I have ever played was COH's and there was not crafting or anything(I do not think).
The Matrix Assembler is in the Jedi Temple Ruins on Coruscant for the Republic and Dromund Kaas for the Empire
Combination order here.

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#46]

agreed. lvl 32 guardian, and PVP hurts if i don't have a healer following me. I feel way too squishy for a tank.

i do enjoy space combat though. its pretty cool

My sin feels way to squishy as well for a supposed "tank" capable class. I can do it, but like you, I need a healer.

Also, I couldn't find a listing for it in the game, but what does the power attribute affect? How hard I hit?

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Also, I couldn't find a listing for it in the game, but what does the power attribute affect? How hard I hit?

Yes, power increases the base damage/healing of abilities.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Ended up buying this game, though I do enjoy pvp, I enjoy pve more. Any good end game content like raiding and stuff?
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

Ended up buying this game, though I do enjoy pvp, I enjoy pve more. Any good end game content like raiding and stuff?

Eternity Vault for sure. They were supposed to patch a new version of the game in last night, but as of 0300 it still hadn't happened. Not sure as of now though.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top