Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2024 9:24:19 AM EDT
Just curious what, if anything, my fellow PC gamers are looking forward to picking up on sale.

Here's what I have on my wishlist:
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
First Cut: Samurai Duel
Super Woden GP 2

I've already played and beaten Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but I held off on Horizon Forbidden West until it came to PC.  First Cut: Samurai Duel and Super Woden GP 2 just look like simple fun.

Also, just to get this out of the way:
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't really think of too much, my backlog is too big and time is too scant as it is.

I've got the elden ring dlc but decided to do a fresh playthrough instead of getting my asshole reamed as I'd be ludicrously out of practice, so I'm not even to the jumping off point for that. I think the saves I deleted were in ng+3 anyway so I'd definitely get fucked up.

I'm more apt to buy indies on sale than AAAs or other big names anyway. A good indie might pass me buy but if a big game is worth buying I probably got it at release, absent something big like a patch that made a shit game good, like No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk.

I sort of want to play through library of ruina but those crazy Koreans don't normally do sales. I liked lobotomy corporation.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend Manor Lords to anyone looking for a new game to pick up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Crusader Kings 3 - chapter 3 DLC
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a huge backlog of mostly boring games.  It's hard to find one that wow's me anymore.  The majority are either lackluster copy/paste trash of older games to cash in on Nostalgia or Multiplayer games that have been done to death with micro transactions out the ass to nickel and dime people on skins and camo's and other dumb shit.

Only game I'm looking forward too isn't out yet.  KCD2
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m back deep into No Man’s Sky,  I’ll be there for a while, I imagine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't really think of too much, my backlog is too big and time is too scant as it is.

I've got the elden ring dlc but decided to do a fresh playthrough instead of getting my asshole reamed as I'd be ludicrously out of practice, so I'm not even to the jumping off point for that. I think the saves I deleted were in ng+3 anyway so I'd definitely get fucked up.

I'm more apt to buy indies on sale than AAAs or other big names anyway. A good indie might pass me buy but if a big game is worth buying I probably got it at release, absent something big like a patch that made a shit game good, like No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk.

I sort of want to play through library of ruina but those crazy Koreans don't normally do sales. I liked lobotomy corporation.
View Quote

I forgot about Shadow of the Erdtree!  I started a fresh ER game a few months ago and made it to the capitol.  Now that it's summer, I won't be able to dive in again until the fall, and I'm sure I'll suck bigly by then.  

Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Crusader Kings 3 - chapter 3 DLC
View Quote

I truly wish I liked strategy games.  I guess I'm just a simple man.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a huge backlog of mostly boring games.  It's hard to find one that wow's me anymore.  The majority are either lackluster copy/paste trash of older games to cash in on Nostalgia or Multiplayer games that have been done to death with micro transactions out the ass to nickel and dime people on skins and camo's and other dumb shit.

Only game I'm looking forward too isn't out yet.  KCD2
View Quote

I feel ya, bubba.  Gaming has been adversely affected by DEI and progressive ideology, much like other forms of entertainment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm also working through a fairly deep backlog of games.

Add to that that there really hasn't been much come out recently that I'm interested in... I'm tired of all the multiplayer shooters, same-y RPGs, etc. Unless I see something pop for a ridiculously low price, I'm probably not buying anything.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Victory at sea Atlantic!
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a backlog I've not touched in a while, but I've got South Park Snow Day (still need to finish previous 2 up, part way on both), Streets of Rage 4, Rtype Final 2, and Little Kitty, Big City on my wish list.  Waiting for prices to drop.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got a backlog I've not touched in a while, but I've got South Park Snow Day (still need to finish previous 2 up, part way on both), Streets of Rage 4, Rtype Final 2, and Little Kitty, Big City on my wish list.  Waiting for prices to drop.
View Quote

LOL WTF is this?!  I watched the vid on Steam and was cracking up.  Added to my wishlist.

Streets of Rage 4 is awesome.  Great visuals and audio.  My daughter and I play it on PS5.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I got Little Kitty Big City on launch day and 100%ed it, its a hoot of a game. It is what I wanted Stray to be, just a cat fucking with people and doing cat things.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
My niece wants me to play Red Dead Redemption so if that's a Stream product I might nibble.

Looked at Company of Heroes 4 as a possible.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My niece wants me to play Red Dead Redemption so if that's a Stream product I might nibble.

View Quote

The first Red Dead or the second? The second one is a master piece. Probably the best looking game ever made in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just curious what, if anything, my fellow PC gamers are looking forward to picking up on sale.

Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
Super Woden GP 2

I've already played and beaten Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but I held off on Horizon Forbidden West until it came to PC.  First Cut: Samurai Duel and Super Woden GP 2 just look like simple fun.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#16]
If I wanted to devote time to video games, I'd get Halo: Master Chief.

Recently found the series on Paramount while nursing an injury and thought it was great.

I knew it was a game from a while ago but never played it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Elden Ring
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
Super Woden GP 2

View Quote

That guy's fellow residents in the Villages are some of the biggest games-players per capita.

Anyway, your list looks good---Ghost of Tsushima in particular looks great---but, and I don't know about you, my Steam and Epic folders have a gazillion games I haven't even started yet.  Just not enough time, between work, other hobbies (including shitposting here), household tasks, etc...  Hard to crack 280/300, knock my handicap to single-digits, and get a bit of vidya in.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm addicted to Warno right now.
Just happened to be listening to Red Storm Rising on audio book when I purchased it. Feels like I'm living the book playing it, lol.
Been playing alot of 10 vs 10 lately, i love the chaos.
Might pickup the expansions when they go on sale.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Was about to buy manor lords today but may wait for the sale tomorrow to see if I can save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL WTF is this?!  I watched the vid on Steam and was cracking up.  Added to my wishlist.

Streets of Rage 4 is awesome.  Great visuals and audio.  My daughter and I play it on PS5.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, the promo video made me laugh and I figured it would be a good in for some non-gamers I know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I still have games I haven’t played yet from the last sale…
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I might pick up Killer Klowns but I don't know if my video card can do it or not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know of an aircraft game with a shallow learning curve where I can dogfight and ground attack?
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone know of an aircraft game with a shallow learning curve where I can dogfight and ground attack?
View Quote
warthunder is free and has 3 different control schemes from arcadey to unplayable because theres only 103 buttons on my keyboard

its super grindy though
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got Little Kitty Big City on launch day and 100%ed it, its a hoot of a game. It is what I wanted Stray to be, just a cat fucking with people and doing cat things.
View Quote

I've got Stray in my library but haven't played it yet.  Finding games outside my norm like LKBC is pretty much why I started this thread.

Quoted:

That guy's fellow residents in the Villages are some of the biggest games-players per capita.

Anyway, your list looks good---Ghost of Tsushima in particular looks great---but, and I don't know about you, my Steam and Epic folders have a gazillion games I haven't even started yet.  Just not enough time, between work, other hobbies (including shitposting here), household tasks, etc...  Hard to crack 280/300, knock my handicap to single-digits, and get a bit of vidya in.
View Quote

Man, I can relate.  I still have a ton of firewood I need to process, my daughter and I need to finish the ATV trail we were putting in (>87% done), grass is still growing, etc.  I don't really have time for gaming from late spring through early fall, but I like to grab stuff on sale so I'm ready when the weather takes a turn.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Red dead isn't a game at all. It's art. You're missing out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Sale is live. I don't know if it is just my end, but there appears to be some glitch with the prices on a lot of things. A lot of games show full price but if you click on them it shows the sale price.

Also the sale prices on the two or three items I was possibly considering are weak. 30% off or less.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Well...   everything on my wishlist is on sale.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Leisure Suit Larry for oculus?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Ghost of Tsushima isn't on sale.  Guess I'll be waiting for the fall or winter sale for that one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ghost of Tsushima isn't on sale.  Guess I'll be waiting for the fall or winter sale for that one.
View Quote

Don't things rotate a bit?

and damn store is getting hammered, its laggy and unresponsive for me
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s on my wishlist.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Don't things rotate a bit?

and damn store is getting hammered, its laggy and unresponsive for me
View Quote

Everything on my wishlist has the same end date of 7/11, which matches the end date of the summer sale.  I do vaguely recall something like the games rotating some in the past, but I could be wrong about that.

And yeah, definitely a lot of latency.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#38]

RDR2... Very well worth it for $20.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm back deep into No Man's Sky,  I'll be there for a while, I imagine.
View Quote
I've got to get back into that. It's been 2 years or so since I've played. I know there have been a lot of updates.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Victory at sea Atlantic!
View Quote

Please tell me this is single player and not some bullshit MMO
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I picked up Cold Waters, a submarine game a few months ago.

Really like it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#42]
lil gator game is a great game for young kids. My three year old likes it. There's nothing scary; the "monsters" are non-threatening cardboard cutouts. The character can't get hurt from falls/no drowning. The missions are trivially easy, even if they can't read it takes literally a few seconds to progress the game for them. Missions are like, "Go pick that up off the ground over there". There is a stamina bar for climbing.

Just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
My kids just bought me a hard copy (PS4) of that for $35. Worth it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I picked up Cold Waters, a submarine game a few months ago.

Really like it.
View Quote

Dot Mod allows some surface combat.  Have spent hours in this game!
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hell it's well worth the full $60 it was when I bought it years ago. The only game in years I paid full price for.

Game is a masterpiece.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was on the wish list for years waiting for this.  Somewhat disappointed that it just doesn't suck me in like Banished does.  Not sure what that secret formula is but it’s still in development so maybe it’ll be all what Banished is and then some.  The game play seems so linear.

Sucky thing for me is both base stations for my HTC Vive are dead…no DCS for me.  Not sure I want to gamble $300 to revive old tech (if thats all thats wrong) or go $1k all in on a new Valve Index system.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Steam is on the struggle bus for me. The server connection is really limping along for the store.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
Super Woden GP 2

Yup.
OMG he's here!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dang this is the only one i was thinking about.

I'm otherwise still obsessing over the best game of the last 5-10 years- BG3.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I was on the wish list for years waiting for this.  Somewhat disappointed that it just doesn't suck me in like Banished does.  Not sure what that secret formula is but it's still in development so maybe it'll be all what Banished is and then some.  The game play seems so linear.

Sucky thing for me is both base stations for my HTC Vive are dead no DCS for me.  Not sure I want to gamble $300 to revive old tech (if thats all thats wrong) or go $1k all in on a new Valve Index system.
View Quote

It kinda looks like a new version of the game Stronghold. Is that an accurate comparison? Or is it strictly a city builder with no invading armies to fight off periodically?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top