Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
He banged on endlessly about what could happen under Trump and barely mentioned anything about what leftist are doing to the country RIGHT NOW.

Less Common Sense
More Hardcore History

It was a very disappointing episode.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dan is intelligent and thoughtful which makes me wonder what he is talking about.  

I see much more danger in Biden being elected and being too weak to stand up to the leftists in his party or foreign powers.  

To me that’s much more dangerous than the known quantity or Trumps Twitter stupidity.
View Quote

Meanwhile, Victor Davis Hanson (actual historian that has written books Carlin quotes) thinks the Left is driving us to a civil war. We will see.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I brought that up. He just completely skips past the proven track record of trump keeping us out of more wars and then says he doesn’t want an authoritarian state but knows that “we the people” doesn’t work. How someone so smart can be that dumb is infuriating.
View Quote

Really smart people tend to think they know things they do not.  Let's take a moment to look  at how many times someone smart has said  ,  it didn't work last time because of x ....   We can make it work this time though because we won't do that...

When it doesn't work ,  it was  because of these people or that other  reason and we can get it to work this time...

millions of people have died globally because of the above ..
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
My money would be on Victor Davis Hanson.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, Victor Davis Hanson (actual historian that has written books Carlin quotes) thinks the Left is driving us to a civil war. We will see.....
View Quote

Victor Davis Hanson is right  ,  I truly believe we will see a hot Civil War in my lifetime
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My money would be on Victor Davis Hanson.
View Quote

VDH is a genius.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Actual picture of Dan Carlin providing content for his audience:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope to listen to it by today.  So far I got 15 minutes into it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
folks paying for this leftists content are fully to blame, it allows him to have his platform to spew his opinion.  When will people realize this is a culture war and subscribing to netfucks, spewlu, going to the movies and using amazon prime only provide the enemy within with more power.  

"bUT I NeEdS mY EntTERtaiNMenT!"

Your fueling your own destruction.

WAKE UP.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I stopped listening to his podcasts.  Some of them were like long drawn-out dramatic reading of Wikipedia page.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dan was whining for years about having somewhat outside the paradigm of the 2 party system, that could offer a real alternative to the old party politics and break the mold and rot from Washington.

He got what he wanted, good and fucking hard. Just can't recognize it. In the midst of chaos Trump has brought peace to the table in 2 areas of significant war- Balkans and the Middle East. Third attempt made in N Korea but I would say it cannot be done so quickly.

Absolutely tore a new asshole in the Swamp that is DC in 3.5 years just by surviving the Russian collusion Hoax and all the spineless politicians running while the journos foamed at the fucking mouth.

And the guy who studies history cannot see the fucking significance in any of it. He might be able to opine on the mongols or the ostfront but he does not have any fucking clue about the game that is played in the present age
View Quote

It really forces you to listen to his Hardcore History work with care. Anyone who is that blind to what is currently happening can’t be trusted to objectively vet and filter historical documents.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
dan is a great story teller but he is a pretty hard core leftists and has been for years.

enjoy his stories and ignore his politics.
View Quote
Saved me typing that out.  

someone send Dan a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really enjoy Dan’s history podcasts.  

In the latest under his Common Sense series, he says Trump is steering us into the iceberg of civil war.

Dan said he’s voting for Biden, whose presidency would simply be Obama part 2

He said Trump is a dangerous, narcissistic, authoritarian and can’t be trusted with our nuclear power

He failed to provide any example quotes. examples, or actions of Trump to support his claims.

What does Dan see in Trump that I’m missing?
View Quote

He's upset that Trump changed the status quo. The slow & steady transition into a liberal paradise. Imagine drifting off the sleep. Slowly. Calmly. Serenely. Then MF'ing Trump comes in and rocks the MF'ing house. You'd be mad as hell at first if someone woke you up.

Dan didn't want to wake up.

Dan doesn't want to wake up. And he doesn't want you to either.

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
So I listened to the rest.

He says "the Right paints the Left with a broad brush that isn't necessarily so; you cannot say 'that one guy on the left did XYZ' and say 'all liberals are like that."  

The irony is that HE'S using a broad brush to paint everyone who is not down with the liberals as "The Right," blaming them all for painting BLM/Antifa with a broad brush, and he doesn't even see his own hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Biden is dangerous because he's
morally compromised, senile and
we have yet to see the cabal that
has their arm up Biden's ass working
the mouth.

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
folks paying for this leftists content are fully to blame, it allows him to have his platform to spew his opinion.  When will people realize this is a culture war and subscribing to netfucks, spewlu, going to the movies and using amazon prime only provide the enemy within with more power.  

"bUT I NeEdS mY EntTERtaiNMenT!"

Your fueling your own destruction.

WAKE UP.
View Quote
Its free.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
OK so I listened to the entire podcast... and I agree with him for the most part.  The thing is that he weighs things completely different than I do.  He is upset because Trump is saying that the only way he doesn't win is because of fraud.  I see that as just Trump talking trash as usual but Dan takes it extremely literally... which I think is a mistake.  Like him or not Trump is a very unique creature in politics.  You can't compare the apples of history to the (no pun intended) orange of today.

I also feel that Dan is getting a lot of info from leftist-biased sources... which makes sense because of where he lives.  He mentions the Trump supporters in Portland shooting people with paintballs but is completely silent on the Trump supporter that was murdered in cold blood the same day... he may not even know about it.  

He also really doesn't seem to be taking the protests/riots seriously at all.  He thinks it is a few bad apples spoiling the bushel while I (and most of GD) look at them as a mostly marxist spoiled bushel of apples.

In conclusion, I feel if Dan took trump a little less literally and the riots/protests a lot more seriously he would be on our side.  He clearly doesn't like Trump because he lacks tact (he does), and because that is a major factor to him he is biased towards his opposition.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top