Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 62
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

He can declare it after the fact, and it’s in force.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

Did President Biden?

He can declare it after the fact, and it’s in force.

This in incorrect and you know it.

He declared it had been declassified when he was president.  He just didn't tell you about it until after the fact.
Worst system, but for all! the rest.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Um, yeah?

This whole thread is an exercise in hypotheticals at this point.

But to be clear - you’re fine with Trump and his unquestioning authority to say what he did, despite no evidence or documentation at the time. So you’ll defend Biden’s authority to do the same. Right?  I mean, there are no rules on telling presidents how to be president, and no higher authority to question them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

So what we have is one POTUS saying it was saying it was declassified and one who has not said anything.  

Basically fact versus a hypothetical

Um, yeah?

This whole thread is an exercise in hypotheticals at this point.

But to be clear - you’re fine with Trump and his unquestioning authority to say what he did, despite no evidence or documentation at the time. So you’ll defend Biden’s authority to do the same. Right?  I mean, there are no rules on telling presidents how to be president, and no higher authority to question them.

Worst system but for all the rest.

But along with that are assumptions that the President would always act in good faith or in the best national security interests of the United States.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Trump could have kept the nuclear codes and deployment schedule/location of our ballistic missile subs. And then when asked to return it, claim he “declassified it”.
View Quote

Nuclear codes are changed daily and the location of subs changes constantly.  That information would be completely worthless in less than a day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]

This is the problem with the defense of Trump, you see?

It’s not ex post facto, if the president can declare he did it 2 years prior. Even if he didn’t tell anybody or take any associated actions. He can go back in time and retroactively change reality. That’s the absurdity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

The problem with your hypothetical is that we have a Constitutional provision against expost facto laws. I don't see the courts enforcing any crime against anyone for possessing a White House lunch menu after a president says years later it is classified.

This is the problem with the defense of Trump, you see?

It’s not ex post facto, if the president can declare he did it 2 years prior. Even if he didn’t tell anybody or take any associated actions. He can go back in time and retroactively change reality. That’s the absurdity.

Worst system but for all the rest.

But along with that are assumptions that the President would always act in good faith or in the best national security interests of the United States.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SGT_Tentpeg:

Nuclear codes are changed daily and the location of subs changes constantly.  That information would be completely worthless in less than a day.
View Quote

Would the communications between Hillary, Obama and Russia regarding Uranium One be worthless
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SGT_Tentpeg] [#6]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Would the communications between Hillary, Obama and Russia regarding Uranium One be worthless
View Quote

A different thing but still pretty much worthless since nothing would ever likely come of their discovery.  In any case assuming that these so far undiscovered documents exist and were at some point classified Top Secret and Obama were found to be in possession of them he could certainly claim that he declassified them before he left office.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:08:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#7]
Finally an update on this--the government just filed their motion opposing Trump's claims about how the search was conducted, the issue of the order of the documents, etc.:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/644/united-states-v-trump/

I haven't read the whole thing yet, if I'm bored later I might go extract anything that looks interesting in the context of this conversation.

You can see a bunch of the document attachments here in the recent filing from June 24th (you might have to sort the entries by descending date to find it):

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/united-states-v-trump/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

They also included more pictures from the search--it's hard to link to them because they are individual attachments to the motion, but here are some screenshots I grabbed:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@Cincinnatus
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#8]
A few more:

Attachment Attached File

These were taken by a Mar-a-Lago employee before the raid:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a little more detail about the camera recording being turned off-- evidently Trump's attorney had them turn recording back on before the search started:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CMiller:
Here's a little more detail about the camera recording being turned off-- evidently Trump's attorney had them turn recording back on before the search started:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009638_jpg-3250290.JPG
View Quote

How does a recording impact agent safety, but live viewing doesn't?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#11]
What classified national security material is embedded into clothing?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Advance:
What classified national security material is embedded into clothing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-06-25_114440_png-3250295.JPG

View Quote

Lmaoooo. They were sniffing Trumps draws in addition to Melania’s.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I guess if you think there are people in Trump World connected to the violent J6ers (I think Roger Stone was communicating with the Oath Keepers and/or Proud Boys?), you're afraid that a screenshot of somebody's face will lead to agents being identified and in danger...?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#15]
It's not conclusive, but I found a little more info that might be relevant to the question that has swirled for months about that photo that hit the media when the indictment was released (the supposed classified documents spread out on the floor next to the box).

Attachment Attached File

These are the referenced photos:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Based on that, my best guess is that what we see in the photo is cover sheets that were brought by the FBI, but underneath them are still the actual classified documents.

It doesn't really matter but it certainly was more confusing than it needed to be.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

So what?
View All Quotes
Finally an update on this--the government just filed their motion opposing Trump's claims about how the search was conducted, the issue of the order of the documents, etc.:

I haven't read the whole thing yet, if I'm bored later I might go extract anything that looks interesting in the context of this conversation.

You can see a bunch of the document attachments here in the recent filing from June 24th (you might have to sort the entries by descending date to find it):

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/united-states-v-trump/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

They also included more pictures from the search--it's hard to link to them because they are individual attachments to the motion, but here are some screenshots I grabbed:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009620_jpg-3250270.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009622_jpg-3250271.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009624_jpg-3250272.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009626_jpg-3250275.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000009628_jpg-3250276.JPG

@Cincinnatus

So what?

Lol

This thread has who knows how many pages of people claiming (with minimal to no evidence) that the government did not follow proper procedures when they executed the search warrant. The government has now released more details about the procedures they followed and why. Was it foolish of me to assume that anybody actually cares?

I suppose I should not be surprised, the typical pattern in these stories is for people looking for anything to jump on to assume that everything that is known is all there is to know and then proceed to make hard conclusions that support the preferred narrative.  They never seem to go back and make any corrections when new information is released or care when it's revealed that the conclusions were wrong because they didn't have complete information.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Maybe underneath the coversheets are menus from a local Chinese restaurant.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the FBI has to pinky swear that it's real.  Good enough for me, top men.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]

I guess if you think there are people in Trump World connected to the violent J6ers (I think Roger Stone was communicating with the Oath Keepers and/or Proud Boys?), you're afraid that a screenshot of somebody's face will lead to agents being identified and in danger...?
View All Quotes

That’s plausible. It’s also plausible that they wanted to sniff Trumps underwear in that box WITHOUT being on camera.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#21]

You would think Trump would hire a better house keeper. What a slob.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I like this thread for reminding me that no matter how much proof comes out that Trump is the victim of malicious prosecution, all the terrible things the media told America that Trump said or did were lies, that permanent Washington worked tirelessly to undermine his administration, all of it - there are still going to be dipshits clinging to their now religious belief that Trump justifiably is a "convicted felon"
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Lol, more pictures of stacks of papers with "Top Secret" cover sheets the Feds brought with them. Could be, and probably is, anything. Maybe it's Trump's secret spaghetti sauce recipe.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#24]
What's the mens rea here?  Knowingly?  

How would someone know they had some classified docs intermingled with newspaper articles,  golf shirts, copies of official declarations etc?

I get that Trump is an all-knowing evil overlord, but man, it seems like the criminal state of mind will be tough if not impossible to prove.

This prosecution seems more than a tad capricious and based upon malice, not a fair and equal application of the law.

Those photos, to me,  engender more questions than they answer.

And no, for reasons previously stated in detail, I would not blindly accept the DOJs explanation for any of this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

View Quote

How often does your housekeeper clean a locked storage room?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MacManus:
I like this thread for reminding me that no matter how much proof comes out that Trump is the victim of malicious prosecution, all the terrible things the media told America that Trump said or did were lies, that permanent Washington worked tirelessly to undermine his administration, all of it - there are still going to be dipshits clinging to their now religious belief that Trump justifiably is a "convicted felon"
View Quote

the panic is hitting deep now.  not much longer.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

I can't imagine how many boxes of documents needed to be stored.  

I've wrapped up a couple of paper intensive matters/partnerships/cases.  Easy to critique until you're faced with a couple hundred bankers boxes filled with shit no one will ever see, but must be maintained for a decade, or in perpetuity.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

How would someone know they had some classified docs intermingled with newspaper articles,  golf shirts, copies of official declarations etc?

I get that Trump is an all-knowing evil overlord, but man, it seems like the criminal state of mind will be tough if not impossible to prove.

This prosecution seems more than a tad capricious and based upon malice, not a fair and equal application of the law.

And no, for reasons previously stated in detail, I would not blindly accept the DOJs explanation for any of this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#29]

The photos in no way whatsoever demonstrate that the government followed proper procedures when they executed the search warrant.  Quite the opposite.

Therefore...so what?
View All Quotes

@Cincinnatus

So what?

Lol

This thread has who knows how many pages of people claiming (with minimal to no evidence) that the government did not follow proper procedures when they executed the search warrant. The government has now released more details about the procedures they followed and why. Was it foolish of me to assume that anybody actually cares?

I suppose I should not be surprised, the typical pattern in these stories is for people looking for anything to jump on to assume that everything that is known is all there is to know and then proceed to make hard conclusions that support the preferred narrative.  They never seem to go back and make any corrections when new information is released or care when it's revealed that the conclusions were wrong because they didn't have complete information.

The photos in no way whatsoever demonstrate that the government followed proper procedures when they executed the search warrant.  Quite the opposite.

Therefore...so what?

I'm sure you read the 33 page filing plus 17 attached exhibits that I linked to before responding, right?  And you're not just responding to a few random photos?

Because that's what serious people do.  You do want me to take you seriously, right?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Obviously we won't know until a trial actually happens, if it ever happens. But if you read what I linked to, you would see them discussing the question.  They know that it's a critical element they have to prove, and they have cooperating witnesses who can testify to the question.

But from our perspective as random observers, all the public statements Trump has made on the matter in the last 3 years certainly do not help his argument that he had no idea what was in the boxes. Expect the prosecution to use all of it as evidence to support their claim that he was very familiar with the contents of the boxes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#33]

I'm sure you read the 33 page filing plus 17 attached exhibits that I linked to before responding, right?  And you're not just responding to a few random photos?

Because that's what serious people do.  You do want me to take you seriously, right?
View Quote

You posted the photos most supportive of your position, right?

Not just a few random photos?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prezboi44] [#34]

You must prove that he didn’t do what he claims he did.

You can’t, can you?

Therefore, you’re done.
View All Quotes

Is there a law or regulation that forces a President to do these things the way you want him to?   No.

So that’s that.

You may call it “absurd,” but it comes from the US Constitution.

Presidential powers granted by the constitution don’t apply to ex-presidents, and actions they take as ex-presidents. Including non-sensical claims of what the did, or didn’t do, when president.

You must prove that he didn’t do what he claims he did.

You can’t, can you?

Therefore, you’re done.

Seems like a weekly argument.  I thank you for taking on the idiocy.    I can't anymore.

Oh look!  A classified PF Chang's Lettuce Wrap!!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcculver5] [#35]

Obviously we won't know until a trial actually happens, if it ever happens. But if you read what I linked to, you would see them discussing the question.  They know that it's a critical element they have to prove, and they have cooperating witnesses who can testify to the question.

But from our perspective as random observers, all the public statements Trump has made on the matter in the last 3 years certainly do not help his argument that he had no idea what was in the boxes. Expect the prosecution to use all of it as evidence to support their claim that he was very familiar with the contents of the boxes.
View All Quotes

There is no reliable reporter in any of this.  

The feds don't have a great record with cooperating witnesses/co-defendants in high profile cases.

Trump bloviates about all sorts of stuff.  So do most politicians.  We will see how it plays out, but I think this one goes nowhere.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Lol

View All Quotes

@Cincinnatus

So what?

Lol

None of that matters if only you believe the FFBI/FDOJ are not lying thru their teeth. You/they/them have to do better than that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Therefore...so what?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]

If only there was a way for Smith to have established forensic proof that Trump had handled the documents.   lol
View All Quotes

If only there was a way for Smith to have established forensic proof that Trump had handled the documents.   lol

Snort.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#39]

How often does your housekeeper clean a locked storage room?
View Quote

I don’t have a housekeeper. But I keep my shit organized. Especially my declassified documents section of the house. You know. Just in case I need to give some stuff to mu secret government people out killing in the name of freedom and such.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I bet there were pics of Trump pissing on Russian hookers while Putin held trumps dick.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

View All Quotes

I posted all the new photos provided in the filing.

I don't really have a position here, other than I don't just automatically assume everything the feds say is a lie as many here seem to do.  My only position is that I choose to live in a world where facts still matter and you can't just assume anything that doesn't support your preferred narrative is a lie.  I choose to live in a world where it's more likely that government prosecutors don't lie in indictments than that they do, which appears to put me in a very small minority here.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#42]

I don't really have a position here,
View All Quotes

I don't really have a position here,

lol

other than I don't just automatically assume everything the feds say is a lie as many here seem to do.  My only position is that I choose to live in a world where facts still matter and you can't just assume anything that doesn't support your preferred narrative is a lie.  I choose to live in a world where it's more likely that government prosecutors don't lie in indictments than that they do, which appears to put me in a very small minority here.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#43]

I don't really have a position here, other than I don't just automatically assume everything the feds say is a lie as many here seem to do.  My only position is that I choose to live in a world where facts still matter and you can't just assume anything that doesn't support your preferred narrative is a lie.  I choose to live in a world where it's more likely that government prosecutors don't lie in indictments than that they do, which appears to put me in a very small minority here.
View All Quotes

The DOJ has shown that they are not objective with Trump.  The DOJ has a questionable track record in high-profile political cases.  Some of us have worked with the DOJ and that (by at least my own admission) does create a bias to not trust a single fucking thing they say in political cases.  

You get to believe as you like. But that's a belief which, AFAIK, is based on faith.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#44]

I don't really have a position here, other than I don't just automatically assume everything the feds say is a lie as many here seem to do.
View All Quotes

I don't really have a position here, other than I don't just automatically assume everything the feds say is a lie as many here seem to do.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SGT_Tentpeg:

View Quote

And look who they got walking around with the nuclear codes now.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Here is why your fellow travelers in this thread have abandoned you.  They realize that their arguments have lost.  You would do well to understand this and leave as well.  Good luck.

Jack Smith continues to admit in court filings how far the government went to manipulate the evidence in the Classified Documents case.

FBI ADMITS to RIGGING Trump Raid Photos
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Has 51 former Top level security advisors signed off on this yet ??
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#48]
For some perspective on equitable treatment and whether the gov deserves our unwaivering trust- Joel B Pollock:

Our law enforcement and intelligence services have also taken sides. Hillary Clinton illegally hosted government emails on her private server, likely to conceal her family’s corruption. Some of the emails had classified information and could have been hacked by America’s enemies. She later had the emails deleted, never to be recovered.

The Department of Justice declined to prosecute her, despite the letter of the law. It was an election year, you see.

In the same campaign, Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee hired an opposition research firm to fabricate evidence of Russian “collusion” with Trump. They fed it to the media and the FBI, which lied to a federal judge to obtain surveillance warrants.

The Clinton campaign falsely reported the money as “legal expenses.”
Years later, they had to pay a fine or two. Hillary Clinton was never prosecuted.

The military, once the most respected of all American institutions, simply needed to maintain its devotion to the Constitution and its neutral posture on politics.

Instead, the Biden Administration ordered the military to purge Trump supporters from its ranks and turned the U.S. armed forces into vehicles for LGBTQ activism.
Small wonder that recruitment has plummeted, and the image and effectiveness of the military has suffered.
There is no worse symbol of failure than the military’s floating pier in Gaza, built for purely political reasons, breaking this week.

Duty is straightforward. Boring, perhaps, but simple and necessary.
The reason democracy works is that the political opposition still behaves — or did, until recently — as though it still has a duty to support the country, even as it opposes the government.
But Democrats set that aside with the so-called “Resistance” to Trump, which rejected the results of the 2016 election and tried to undermine the Trump presidency.

Now that it is in power, the “Resistance” has used its “lawfare” to pursue Trump, as well as his advisers and supporters.
That “lawfare” reached its nadir this week in Judge Merchan’s courtroom — and outside the courthouse, where the Biden campaign staged a press conference Tuesday with actor Robert De Niro that destroyed any pretense that the case against Trump was not political at its core.

The Biden campaign reportedly cheered the verdict. They should have cursed it. Even if Biden somehow wins, his election will never be regarded as legitimate, and half the country will have lost all faith in the judicial system.

So much for “restoring” the rule of law, as Biden promised.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
For some perspective on equitable treatment and whether the gov deserves our unwaivering trust- Joel B Pollock:

Our law enforcement and intelligence services have also taken sides. Hillary Clinton illegally hosted government emails on her private server, likely to conceal her family’s corruption. Some of the emails had classified information and could have been hacked by America’s enemies. She later had the emails deleted, never to be recovered.

The Department of Justice declined to prosecute her, despite the letter of the law. It was an election year, you see.

In the same campaign, Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee hired an opposition research firm to fabricate evidence of Russian “collusion” with Trump. They fed it to the media and the FBI, which lied to a federal judge to obtain surveillance warrants.

The Clinton campaign falsely reported the money as “legal expenses.”
Years later, they had to pay a fine or two. Hillary Clinton was never prosecuted.

The military, once the most respected of all American institutions, simply needed to maintain its devotion to the Constitution and its neutral posture on politics.

Instead, the Biden Administration ordered the military to purge Trump supporters from its ranks and turned the U.S. armed forces into vehicles for LGBTQ activism.
Small wonder that recruitment has plummeted, and the image and effectiveness of the military has suffered.
There is no worse symbol of failure than the military’s floating pier in Gaza, built for purely political reasons, breaking this week.

Duty is straightforward. Boring, perhaps, but simple and necessary.
The reason democracy works is that the political opposition still behaves — or did, until recently — as though it still has a duty to support the country, even as it opposes the government.
But Democrats set that aside with the so-called “Resistance” to Trump, which rejected the results of the 2016 election and tried to undermine the Trump presidency.

Now that it is in power, the “Resistance” has used its “lawfare” to pursue Trump, as well as his advisers and supporters.
That “lawfare” reached its nadir this week in Judge Merchan’s courtroom — and outside the courthouse, where the Biden campaign staged a press conference Tuesday with actor Robert De Niro that destroyed any pretense that the case against Trump was not political at its core.

The Biden campaign reportedly cheered the verdict. They should have cursed it. Even if Biden somehow wins, his election will never be regarded as legitimate, and half the country will have lost all faith in the judicial system.

So much for “restoring” the rule of law, as Biden promised.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

Here is why your fellow travelers in this thread have abandoned you.  They realize that their arguments have lost.  You would do well to understand this and leave as well.  Good luck.

Jack Smith continues to admit in court filings how far the government went to manipulate the evidence in the Classified Documents case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0JqJuDm9zs
View Quote

Understanding the futility of a rational discussion or an accurate rendition of facts in GD is miles away from abandoning them....
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top