Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2024 11:49:54 PM EDT
I’ve never had a USP. There’s some new OD green USP tacticals available. What do I need to know about owning a USP?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That they are awesome!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Epic guns that are better than anything else. Owning one will make you better than anyone else you know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are they available at?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/heckler-koch-hk-usp-9-tactical-v3-4-86-pistol-od-green-frame-1-of-500/

ETA: I'd buy one if they have optic cut and light rail. It's 2024 and we still cant get what we want
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Epic guns that are better than anything else. Owning one will make you better than anyone else you know.
View Quote

Especially if it’s in 40
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’ve never had a USP. There’s some new OD green USP tacticals available. What do I need to know about owning a USP?
View Quote

We will no longer consider you to be poor.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#7]
God tier guns

I EDC a USP-9 Full Size in RAL7008, I’ve had it for the last 2.5-3 months and have already put 2k rounds through it. It’s more accurate than I am and reliable.

15 rd group at 10 yards

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Easily one of the best handguns ever made. I just wish they updated it with a rail and optic cut.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
No optics ready option and only a couple of places offer aftermarket cuts. Doesn't may not come with a thread protector. Proprietary accessory rail so you need an adapter to mount anything modern. The grip is pretty big where your second finger and thumb wrap around, so it may not be the best grip depending on your hand size. The 18-round mags that work with the Jet Funnel are expensive (the Jet Funnel comes standard on the Tactical, but can be removed if you want to use standard 15-rounders maybe they used to do this when I bought mine or I've just forgotten buying it separately). The regular double action pull is on the heavy side. There are a ton of fire control options, including the 'light LEM' which a lot of people like (it's double-action only but, although the trigger travel is long like conventional double-action, the break weight is closer to single action). You get to join the paddle mag release master race if you haven't already. It's cool as hell, will never fail, and the pyramid grip texture is the best there is. It's a gateway drug to the Mark 23 and The Quest For The KAC Suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The USP was a good gun in the context of its time, but it hasn't aged well like the 1911 has. Only buy one if you think they are cool. There are many better options to shoot 9mm suppressed out of a pistol.

I still kind of want to get another USP 45 Tactical (I used to have one and sold it before I got a .45 suppressor), but the grip sucks, the Tactical trigger is only OK, and it's expensive. After shooting my M&P with an Apex trigger for so long and trying a USP 45 again, I was extremely underwhelmed. I'm sorry but the USP these days is an overrated gun on the Internet, so only buy one of you are looking to add some variety to your safe.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I gained 3” of dick length and now I look down on everyone else.

They are good guns. Check out my thread going over some of the pros and cons HERE.

It’s my favorite service sized pistol now.
Attachment Attached File

(And the jet funnel and the mags for it are much cheaper now. I paid $45 for my jet funnel and $50 per mag, versus $45 for the standard 15 round mags.)
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#12]
They’re fucking awesome
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What do I need to know about owning a USP?
View Quote

They are the Three Wolf Shirt of handguns.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do I need to know about owning a USP?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No optics ready option and only a couple of places offer aftermarket cuts. Doesn't come with a thread protector. Proprietary accessory rail so you need an adapter to mount anything modern. The grip is pretty big where your second finger and thumb wrap around, so it may not be the best grip depending on your hand size. The 18-round mags that work with the Jet Funnel are expensive (the Jet Funnel comes standard on the Tactical, but can be removed if you want to use standard 15-rounders). The regular double action pull is on the heavy side. There are a ton of fire control options, including the 'light LEM' which a lot of people like (it's double-action only but, although the trigger travel is long like conventional double-action, the break weight is closer to single action). You get to join the paddle mag release master race if you haven't already. It's cool as hell, will never fail, and the pyramid grip texture is the best there is. It's a gateway drug to the Mark 23 and The Quest For The KAC Suppressor.
View Quote

My recent purchase from Rooftop of a new USP 9 Tactical had a thread protector included. The jet funnel is an entirely different option, and is not part of the standard package.  You'd have to buy the separate jet funnel unit and compatible 18-round mags if you want to run it with that setup.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#17]
They are super reliable and accurate, they are also kinda sort big lol.

Put an optic and gimmie the SAO plate and I would buy one in 9mm.

Quoted:
Worst trigger in a da/sa gun I’ve ever owned.
View Quote

My HK45C easily rivaled any pistol for the worst da/sa trigger ever. I couldn’t get rid of the thing fast enough.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#18]
USPs are awesome. I love my .45

They cut a lot of corners in their modernization (P30 and HK45)
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:57:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Dated design
Non-standard rail
Mag capacity acceptable
Non-RMR/RDS capability

Utterly reliable
Accurate
Great combat secondary sidearm

18Z50
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

They aren’t as cool once you own them and you wonder why you had to have it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/heckler-koch-hk-usp-9-tactical-v3-4-86-pistol-od-green-frame-1-of-500/

ETA: I'd buy one if they have optic cut and light rail. It's 2024 and we still cant get what we want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a LTT P30 or VP9 OR, or get your slide milled and a light adapter.

The USP/Mk23 is for old school people. If you are buying one, it’s more for collection/nostalgia than getting the latest and greatest. Especially considering this is a limited edition run.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

They fuck
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great gun but ill buy a cz tactical before I spend $1500
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That they are awesome!
View Quote

I have the Expert. It is my favorite pistol to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because you suck and they hate you.
They hate me too, I have 5.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I need to pick one of those up, eventually, because I bet it would be nice.

The only HK I have is in .45 ACP and I really like it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I put 100k through one.  It’s a good gun

I have since moved on but that pistol is still in my safe
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#28]
They are good guns, but I got plenty of pistols. As a late adopter to the red dot pistol world, I wouldnt buy any new 9mm without an optic cut.
For the price of a usp tactical I can pretty much have my choice of any other polymer 9mm, a red dot, holster, and case of ammo for the same price.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Great choice, get one!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That they are awesome!
View Quote

FPNI. I think the trigger in mine is excellent. Agreed that a USP+ would be nice with an optic ready slide and perhaps picatinny rail but they’re fantastic suppressor hosts as-is and the P8 translucent magazines are epic if you can source them still. I’m not a fan of the OD two tone but that’s just personal preference.

My advice is FO!
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That they are awesome!
View Quote

This, op. This is what you want to know.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#32]
If you plan to have the slide cut for an RDS, check with your preferred machining outfit BEFORE buying the pistol.

Certain USP models that come from the factory with adjustable target sights have a dovetail that is NOT compatible with RDS cuts.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

HK wants you to buy the VP9 Tactical OR to meet this need.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I sold mine shortly after I bought it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Extremely meh guns to shoot.

Also, they're simultaneously cool AF.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I just have a 9 SD, so technically still a poor. Hands down I shoot it better than any other auto. Because it's not a tactical I'm sending it off for an optics cut, probably the Wright armory I-dot.

KT Mech for holsters, Lanbos for mags under $39.

Do it!!

I thought it would spread a holier than thou sickness in me but I also just picked up a 45C that I've been pretty meh about since.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine hates me

when she's talking, she sounds like Heidi Klum in a snit

I am so totally not worthy of her

But she makes me shoot with the speed and accuracy of an android...and she never, EVAR misses or jams

I'm a sexual tyrannosaurus when she's in my hands
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking specifically about the Tactical model? Because it has a different trigger than the other USPs…
@edcarPT @Keekleberrys
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are you talking specifically about the Tactical model? Because it has a different trigger than the other USPs
@edcarPT @Keekleberrys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst trigger in a da/sa gun I've ever owned.

Are you talking specifically about the Tactical model? Because it has a different trigger than the other USPs
@edcarPT @Keekleberrys
Agreed,  no way they are talking about the T models.  Standard does have a 'military' trigger though that could be offensive to a 1911 guy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nah that's the desert eagle in any caliber (but definitely the .50).

The USP is a bit big for what it is, the tactical isn't a giant improvement over the 'base' USP for the cost.

Get the USP45c if you want a good .45 from HK that you can easily carry that retains the accuracy and reliability.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Especially if it's in 40
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially if it's in 40

My USP T in .40 is fantastic. 180 gr .40 is naturally subsonic too.  My only complaint is that the suppressor sights should be higher. An AAC Tirant .45 will be at sight level. Workable,  but barely.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a regular full size USP 9 a while back, non tactical model.

I ended up trading it for my first glock 17 in like 2009 I believe.

It shot good and was accurate. I just got tired of paying $40-50 for all plastic mags.
i'm left handed and I couldnt find an ambi safety for it
couldnt ever find a holster that would fit it with a TLR1 either

If mags were cheaper and I could get an ambi safety and left handed holster for it I would buy another.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Owned one since 2015. It was great when nothing else was threaded from the factory, but now when everything available comes threaded, railed, and optics cut, it's obsolete. It's also not as nice to shoot as most modern striker fired pistols. Accurate as fuck, though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Easily one of the best handguns ever made. I just wish they updated it with a rail and optic cut.
View Quote

Yea, they're seriously overdue for a rail upgrade.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#45]
They need to update the USP to be optic cut and pic rail. Beretta did it with the 92 and it's selling pretty well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#46]
If I had to start all over again, I would have gone USP.  Would not have bought the Glocks, Sigs and Colts.  The issue now is have so much invested in my collection, I cannot go back and start over

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I had to start all over again, I would have gone USP.  Would not have bought the Glocks, Sigs and Colts.  The issue now is have so much invested in my collection, I cannot go back and start over

View Quote

BOOM
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accurate, but they are a quality pistol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Poor man's Tactical, standard 9 with the suppressor sights, factory threaded barrel, and the tactical recoil assembly (supposedly different)

The modern HK Tactical. Not quite as good but optic ready.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Honestly, I have a USP Expert, and I don't think it's all that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top