Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1714
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
GNUS said "oh hey remember me and my hijinks from a few months back?  I was up 20% on the day today"
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Yep, ISZ, I think you nailed it. I've since read several posts on different forums from experienced people who believe the timing and content was no accident...MVIS telegraphing to the buyers the state of play. The two "advisory firms" they named didn't mean anything to me, but apparently consult in several areas (to include, interestingly M/A) and are heavy in the corporate financial analysis world. Nothing conclusive, but one (well known private) shareholder said MVIS was telegraphing the probable proxy approval.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

There was an SEC press release involved so was this a development they had to disclose?

I took it as a message.  The day after the facebook event, we announce this.  Maybe a timing coincidence but maybe not.  

I took it as a message to the would be buyers who are hoping for a no vote.  Retail shareholders rule and I would say it is a resounding yes from them but once you add in the tutes following this recommendation, our hand changes dramatically.  Sharma with a guaranteed yes would be a bad thing to negotiate with.

If a buyer was waitng to place a bid hoping for a no vote, I think their position just changed materially.

Since there was an SEC release, I'm leaning towards them having the votes but this was required to be disclosed by the SEC.  Otherwise we might not know about it at all.

But I could also be seeing what I want to see.

Yep, ISZ, I think you nailed it. I've since read several posts on different forums from experienced people who believe the timing and content was no accident...MVIS telegraphing to the buyers the state of play. The two "advisory firms" they named didn't mean anything to me, but apparently consult in several areas (to include, interestingly M/A) and are heavy in the corporate financial analysis world. Nothing conclusive, but one (well known private) shareholder said MVIS was telegraphing the probable proxy approval.

Yes PIFFED one of the stocktwits users had a call with IR Dave.  Dave said they know the results of the voting as it is happening.  I do not THINK they needed the institution voting but the fact they got this recommendation from these major proxy review companies was just a 'last call'.

I think of we make it to 10/8, we will issue the shares and bring in the minority investor.

My hope is that we never make it.  Either this tech is disruptive and none of the bigs can afford to lose it (and we get bought out before10/8) or what we've been told is complete bs and no one wants us except for the minority investor.

I don't know but I am holding until this is done.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]

If that was a short cover, it was a brutally painful. They raised the share price $0.12 in two purchases, costing them $240,000 over the going share price.

Why didn't they have covered earlier in the day at $1.61? If you look at it from that perspective, that little faux pas cost them $320,000. They knew this was options expiration Friday.

Couple of people with smaller orders in got locked out of trading during the last five or so minutes. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on...'cause that might just as well have been front-running as covering. Hmmmm.
View Quote

I am hoping that it is something, finally.

Watch 8:01 pm.  Mvis likes to release stuff as soon as AH closes.  

I have no idea but I want out of this stock so badly I can taste it.  I'm tired and done....had enough.  Still going up but really need this buyout personally.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

What did you get as premium?

You could always roll to next month.

Don't feel bad. I super messed up some options today. Somehow I tried to roll a spread to next month. and I ended up selling more for this month and buying some for next month.

That will probably be a $500 mistake when it's all said and done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Layer60:
My puts expire today. I'll probably wind up letting them ride and paying $2/share for 20,000 shares. Meh.

What did you get as premium?

You could always roll to next month.

Don't feel bad. I super messed up some options today. Somehow I tried to roll a spread to next month. and I ended up selling more for this month and buying some for next month.

That will probably be a $500 mistake when it's all said and done.

$0.60 premium.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]

If that was a short cover, it was a brutally painful. They raised the share price $0.12 in two purchases, costing them $240,000 over the going share price.

Why didn't they have covered earlier in the day at $1.61? If you look at it from that perspective, that little faux pas cost them $320,000. They knew this was options expiration Friday.

Couple of people with smaller orders in got locked out of trading during the last five or so minutes. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on...'cause that might just as well have been front-running as covering. Hmmmm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

The guys on reddit are saying two separate 2 million share orders is what caused the jump.
Somebody getting in that knows something?

Yep. I find that really strange. People throwing around that kind of money would typically execute that differently (and far cheaper).
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]

$0.60 premium.
View Quote

You're golden.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Yep. I find that really strange. People throwing around that kind of money would typically execute that differently (and far cheaper).
View Quote

They made the puts I sold worth less money. I'm happy they did it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
NSHRF has been weird lately. Price is all over from $0.13 down to $0.05, very low volume. Bid/ask were both lower than the quoted price at open this morning, then higher...

My limit order for $0.055 hasn’t gone through. WTF?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EOTWAWKI] [#9]

The guys on reddit are saying two separate 2 million share orders is what caused the jump.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nmwis70:
MVIS getting big bump going into the close

Dump eet

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
GNUS said "oh hey remember me and my hijinks from a few months back?  I was up 20% on the day today"
View Quote

Let me know when it is back above my buy in of $4.60/share. GNUS is one of my biggest losers. I got bought on the downswing hoping for it to go back up.
Luckily I am small time and only have 20 shares.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Let me know when it is back above my buy in of $4.60/share. GNUS is one of my biggest losers. I got bought on the downswing hoping for it to go back up.
Luckily I am small time and only have 20 shares.
View Quote

I lost about $750 on that turd.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Go MVIS! I need to balance out all that red.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#13]

You're golden.
View All Quotes

$0.60 premium.

You're golden.

Yeah. All contracts exercised so I'm not only in the money, things are looking pretty good this morning.

Funny, since 10 of the 20k were an accidental trade on my part, where I was trying to close the position and bought more, instead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
View Quote

I don’t get it. Of course, I never understand what’s going on with this stock or most any stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Give her some line and let her run!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:53:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#16]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

I don’t get it. Of course, I never understand what’s going on with this stock or most any stock.
View All Quotes

The spike this morning is not based on any news release. It's because two entities put almost $4M into buying shares after close Friday. That kind of money doesn't get thrown into the pot because they read a post on ARFCom.

[ETA] Up 0.11 more to +0.22 while I typed this. Dayum. What is going on?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

#metoo

Waiting on someone to give me the sell signal again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#18]
Originally Posted By rhygin:

#metoo

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rhygin:

#metoo

I don't like to tell other people how to trade. With that said, I am definitely not selling right now.

I expect to see some resistance at $2, since a lot of people will have sell orders posted. If it blows through that some time today, that's an indication of persistent buying pressure.

[ETA] And right on cue, it bounces hard off of $2 and then starts to climb again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I woke up at 5am this morning to see MVIS sitting at 1.84 and absolutely no walls up to $10. Then mysteriously by 0630 many walls were being built. Lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]
MVIS surpassed daily average volume in the first hour of trading.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

I woke up at 5am this morning to see MVIS sitting at 1.84 and absolutely no walls up to $10. Then mysteriously by 0630 many walls were being built. Lol
View Quote

Where can you see these sell orders?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:10:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

TD Ameritrade gives charts.

The buy / sell volume chart for the first hour looks like two groups swinging giant hammers at each other.

With 13.6% short interest, the shorts can't let this get out of control and lose $40M+ to cover. It's going to settle back down today, in all likelihood.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Mostly have two choices here for what's happening.

1) irrational exuberance...it has to be happening...everyone else is buying, they must know something!

2) BIL frontrunning.

If it's #2, someone took a huge risk with that buy just prior to close Friday. Trading on MVIS gets suspended today for an announcement, and even the stoners at the SEC are gonna be mighty curious about who exactly owns the pants with those deep pockets.

Just a guess, some hedge fund waited late to cover and ate a shit sandwich, which sparked a wave of speculator buying. If that's the case I'd expect much of the same money to wash right back out over the course of this week. OTOH, BIL frontrunning is a real thing...damn difficult to keep the lid the lid slammed down tight when money is involved, just too many people on the periphery making coffee and running contract proposal copies for the board.

Sure is fun to watch on a 900 point DOW down day, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Sure is fun to watch on a 900 point DOW down day, though.
View Quote

It helps ease the pain of the rest of my holdings.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#25]

It helps ease the pain of the rest of my holdings.
View Quote

Yep, but a buyout would give me a metric ton of breathing room on an IRA withdrawal. Hit eligibility a couple of weeks ago, but I'd like to hold off until well after the election, if possible. Tough call, Trump win will spark another great run IMO, but a Biden presidency...? Kind of a scary proposition.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Out at 1.96

Y'all have fun

I'ma play with something else
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Microsoft just spent $7.5B for Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks today.

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

how about throwing some of that money at MVIS?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jack_Of_Some_Trades:

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

View Quote

They had BETTER NOT screw up Fallout and The Elder Scrolls!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#29]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
Out at 1.96

Y'all have fun

I'ma play with something else
View Quote

Part of me wants to sell, part of me wants to sell half, and part of me wants to hold.  Dammit, I need a crystal ball!

Let us know what you decide to play with.  Assuming it's a stock.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Part of me wants to sell, part of me wants to sell half, and part of me wants to hold.  Dammit, I need a crystal ball!

Let us know what you decide to play with.  
View Quote

Hell Im waiting until $3.00 or a buyout. They are pushing hard for $2.00 high.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Well theres $2.02
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Well theres $2.02
View Quote

I should sell, take the money and run. But no, I’ve got to be a glutton for punishment. 👍
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Go baby, go!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw the announcement about Bethesda. They better not fuck up fallout. 76 is trash and I want another fallout as good as NV
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I love it, two amazing days in a row.

I think it is a leak run personally.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Yeah, thinking that as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn, kind of sobering look at that two day paper gain.

Must...resist...the...sell...button...

Joking, still just a lottery ticket. A really farkin' valuable lottery ticket, but still...
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Should have bought in with all my spare change when it was down at $1.28.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Yeah. All contracts exercised so I'm not only in the money, things are looking pretty good this morning.

Funny, since 10 of the 20k were an accidental trade on my part, where I was trying to close the position and bought more, instead.
View Quote

I closed out my options today.  Good day.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Of_Some_Trades:

In my opinion Bethesda screwed up Fallout 76. @Admiral_Crunch
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
Saw the announcement about Bethesda. They better not fuck up fallout. 76 is trash and I want another fallout as good as NV
View Quote
I would have been happy with Fallout 4 on another map. @cccpNyC
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Did MViS have a pending anouncement today?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
View Quote

Attn: shareholders

Stonks only go up.

Signed,
MVIS
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
View Quote

There was a bunch of positive articles posted friday-sunday
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By EOTWAWKI:

View All Quotes

I wish I had bought all mine at .215 but still have a respectable pps avg of .80 or so.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Passed 2.20....
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#47]
I was planning to buy more @ about 1.50 when payday hit. Hopefully this is just some hype that settles and not "it" yet
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MugLove:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MugLove:

Haven't played it, but I've heard that a lot.  Hopefully just an abberation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#49]
I was considering selling the last of mine at $3.00 last time it was in that territory. I might bail sometime today.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#50]

I wish I had bought all mine at .215 but still have a respectable pps avg of .80 or so.
View All Quotes

I didn’t have money to spare or an investment account until June & didn’t see this thread until it was @ $2.10

Lucky I averaged down.

Seriously thinking about selling 1/4-1/2 my shares @ $2.23 now.
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top