Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1714
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Picked up a few more at .86. Should have held over the weekend and bought twice as much Friday afternoon, but that's just part of the game ain't it? Good luck everyone!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sparky:
I don't think my .32 Limit buy is going to happen
View Quote

You may catch it on the way down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ll be damned.  It just shot up 100%.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sold at 325 percent profit
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:43:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#5]
It's probably going to end up a near zero or over $2.50. One of the two.

Right now, the shorts are either covering or shitting themselves. There were hundreds of thousands of shares shorted. Oops.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, OP!!  I didn’t buy a lot but it’s fun to double your money even if it’s beer money.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad it worked out for y'all.  I feel sick for selling when I did.  The one time I make a conscious effort to not get greedy is the one time I should have been greedy.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
Glad it worked out for y'all.  I feel sick for selling when I did.  The one time I make a conscious effort to not get greedy is the one time I should have been greedy.  

View Quote

By tomorrow, you may be glad you sold.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Made a good bit when I sold just over $1. Made even more selling the options.

Good luck to all that have bigger balls than I, may your tendies be endless.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Layer60:
It's probably going to end up a near zero or over $2.50. One of the two.

Right now, the shorts are either covering or shitting themselves. There were hundreds of thousands of shares shorted. Oops.
View Quote

Come on $2.50!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
looks like it is headed down but will still have to drop a lot to get where the shorts are
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:07:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#12]
Damn, I'm up 900 bucks for the first time in forever. Internal me is fighting to keep from hitting the button.

If Microvision has any dry powder, anything, they could send it over $3 without trying. They should announce they're remodeling their bathrooms for God's sake. Odds are they won't, or it would have gone out pre-market. Dammit.

Somebody go wake up IceStationZebra. He's got two kids he needs to send to college!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
looks like it is headed down but will still have to drop a lot to get where the shorts are
View Quote

I was too much of a little bitch to buy $2k at .21.

I hope OP get that corvette though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

I was too much of a little bitch to buy $2k at .21.

I hope OP get that corvette though.
View Quote

I have 30K shares, but my ASP is .84. Every penny move is 300 bucks one way or another.

Anybody have a chunk of coal? I'm making diamonds this morning...
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#15]
op, i'm only in for 500 @ $0.21 each.....i pulled my original $100 out at $1.02.......i'm with you with my last 400 shares to the top or the bottom
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#16]
OP is the real MVP.

Should have pulled the trigger on $0.30 when I read this thread last Thursday
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#17]
Jeebus.  Fukkn hit $1.  I bought 87 shares, so I am putting in a sell order at 0.87.  It only seems right.

roller coaster!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#18]
bought 1000 shares early last month for .22 sold today for 1.01 not to shabby

Thanks OP

I hope you all hit $2.50
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I have 30K shares, but my ASP is .84. Every penny move is 300 bucks one way or another.

Anybody have a chunk of coal? I'm making diamonds this morning...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

I was too much of a little bitch to buy $2k at .21.

I hope OP get that corvette though.

I have 30K shares, but my ASP is .84. Every penny move is 300 bucks one way or another.

Anybody have a chunk of coal? I'm making diamonds this morning...

It was at $512.50 in Feb 2000 according to Yahoo. I bet 512 would turn your diamonds into stars

I bought $50 at 24¢. It's been exciting to have one green in a sea of red.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jdude:

It was at $512.50 in Feb 2000 according to Yahoo. I bet 512 would turn your diamonds into stars

I bought $50 at 24¢. It's been exciting to have one green in a sea of red.
View Quote

Yea, that $512 is the reverse split-adjusted number. Hit a high of roughly $68 during the tech boom.

There are longs on Reddit who bought in close to that top...
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm new to this whole stock market thing. Can someone explain why it went up to $1.08 and is now dropping?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm new to this whole stock market thing. Can someone explain why it went up to $1.08 and is now dropping?
View Quote

Reddit Hype. I mentioned it above.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Still in here. Bought 400 at $.26.

I'm going to let it ride.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By xxspudxx:

Reddit Hype. I mentioned it above.
View Quote

Reddit is moving a stock premarket?

Earnings coming up this week.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit thank you OP. I got 432 shares at .23, then debated buyin more Friday. I put in a buy order. I may just grab like $200 worth now and see where it all goes

For comparative purposes ... I lit a $100 bill on fire once. I felt like a baller but cried a bit later
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 03Vet:

Reddit is moving a stock premarket? 

Earnings coming up this week.
View Quote

Reddit increases volatility due to the sheer volume of timid investors. Its a pump and dump haven.

Every time a stock finds its way to every major subreddit, this same thing happens.

Lots of money to be made on those hype trains though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I jumped back in .86, not going to hold long just going to hopefully take a quick 10-15% and run again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm new to this whole stock market thing. Can someone explain why it went up to $1.08 and is now dropping?
View Quote

Microvision hired a specialty contractor (Craig Hallum) to "shop" the company to potential buyers, including most of the Tier 1 tech companies in the world who are sitting on a mountain of cash.

MVIS has very deep patent moat on laser projection, retinal display, miniaturized LIDAR and couple of other technologies. Several are critical to VR/AR and self driving vehicles. They also have critical components in Microsoft's Hololens II, which MSFT would dearly like to protect.

MVIS has a small float (outstanding shares) and no debt. A billion dollar bid equates to $7.62 a share. Billion sounds like a lot, but MSFT is sitting on $136B in cash right now, and they've been on an acquisition bender for two years.

There are real headwinds, and danger. The quarterly is Thursday. A vote on a reverse split to keep MVIS from being delisted off the NASDAQ is on the 19th (they have to get over $1, and stay there for ten days to avoid that).

Many, many speculators are buying in for a pump and dump prior to the quarterly. They're driving the price this morning.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Whippet06] [#29]
Sold the 20 shares I bought @ .21 for .88. Made enough for a cheap lunch and to have a little fun with the group.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#30]

View All Quotes

Reddit Hype. I mentioned it above.

Probably not to any meaningful degree.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#31]
331% jump on options.  Hopefully that trend continues.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Microvision hired a specialty contractor (Craig Hallum) to "shop" the company to potential buyers, including most of the Tier 1 tech companies in the world who are sitting on a mountain of cash. 

MVIS has very deep patent moat on laser projection, retinal display, miniaturized LIDAR and couple of other technologies. Several are critical to VR/AR and self driving vehicles. They also have critical components in Microsoft's Hololens II, which MSFT would dearly like to protect.

MVIS has a small float (outstanding shares) and no debt. A billion dollar bid equates to $7.62 a share. Billion sounds like a lot, but MSFT is sitting on $136B in cash right now, and they've been on an acquisition bender for two years.

There are real headwinds, and danger. The quarterly is Thursday. A vote on a reverse split to keep MVIS from being delisted off the NASDAQ is on the 19th (they have to get over $1, and stay there for ten days to avoid that).

Many, many speculators are buying in for a pump and dump prior to the quarterly. They're driving the price this morning.
View All Quotes

Microvision hired a specialty contractor (Craig Hallum) to "shop" the company to potential buyers, including most of the Tier 1 tech companies in the world who are sitting on a mountain of cash. 

MVIS has very deep patent moat on laser projection, retinal display, miniaturized LIDAR and couple of other technologies. Several are critical to VR/AR and self driving vehicles. They also have critical components in Microsoft's Hololens II, which MSFT would dearly like to protect.

MVIS has a small float (outstanding shares) and no debt. A billion dollar bid equates to $7.62 a share. Billion sounds like a lot, but MSFT is sitting on $136B in cash right now, and they've been on an acquisition bender for two years.

There are real headwinds, and danger. The quarterly is Thursday. A vote on a reverse split to keep MVIS from being delisted off the NASDAQ is on the 19th (they have to get over $1, and stay there for ten days to avoid that).

Many, many speculators are buying in for a pump and dump prior to the quarterly. They're driving the price this morning.

I would say there's an extremely high chance of a big drop when the quarterly hits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

I would say there's an extremely high chance of a big drop when the quarterly hits.
View Quote

Going to be a bloodbath.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Going to be a bloodbath.
View Quote

I was thinking this. I want to jump back in, but my uneducated guess is it's going to tank Thursday
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#35]
@IceStationZebra, rise and shine brother!

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Debating whether to sell if it breaks 1.00. Only 150 shares so not a big gamble either way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#37]
It's edging back up. So much hype.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Guess I should have held through the weekend and doubled my profit!  I'll dip back in on a drop, but not at .94 where it's trading right now.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#39]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
It's edging back up. So much hype. 
View Quote

It's only hype if there's absolutely nothing behind the rumor.

Craig-Hallum is real. They are shopping a sale.

Hololens II is real. Microsoft told the army they're moving to protect their supply chain.

There are revenues, and a share price over $1 kills the R/S.

Not advocating irrational exuberance. A big nothing out of the quarterly and the speculators will bail in mass, I've seen it happen on way too many occasions. But...on April 6 when I started this thread MVIS was at .22, and I suggested a triple was easily possible. Here we are.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Perhaps I bailed a bit early. I'll eye getting back in after the earnings.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked up a nice return on my options on this this.  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I owe op a high five. Bought 2500 shares at .22 and sold for all for a dollar. Kept me entertained for a couple weeks too. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#43]
BTW...for people interested in the dynamic going on today - that $1.00 share price mark is a titanic battle going on behind the scenes. To be clear, the share price has to close at over $1.00 for ten consecutive days to take de-listing off the table.

Whoever has been accumulating millions of shares over the last two weeks will fight tooth-and-nail to prevent that. It's going on right now. They have very, very deep pockets and will offer tiny blocks at tenths of a penny under the ask to keep the lid on.

Disclosure: I have a limit order in to sell 20K at 1.25 right now. Covers my cost and holds back a 10K block. If that executes, I'll buy back in on the first dip and take a little profit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#44]
BTW...for people interested in the dynamic going on today - that $1.00 share price mark is a titanic battle going on behind the scenes. To be clear, the share price has to close at over $1.00 for ten consecutive days to take de-listing off the table.

Whoever has been accumulating millions of shares over the last two weeks will fight tooth-and-nail to prevent that. It's going on right now. They have very, very deep pockets and will offer tiny blocks at tenths of a penny under the bid to keep the lid on.

Disclosure: I have a limit order in to sell 20K at 1.25 right now. Covers my cost and holds back a 10K block. If that executes, I'll buy back in on the first dip and take a little profit.
View Quote

What would be considered a dip at this point? What price point should one consider buying back in at?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#45]
back over a buck
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By xxspudxx:

Reddit increases volatility due to the sheer volume of timid investors. Its a pump and dump haven.

Every time a stock finds its way to every major subreddit, this same thing happens.

Lots of money to be made on those hype trains though.
View Quote
@xxspudxx
Do you have some subreddits that you like to follow in particular?  You can PM if you prefer
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smullen] [#47]
Sold mine last week, wouldn't you know.

I did more than double my money though so, I'm not real mad..

I'm betting it drops again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#48]

What would be considered a dip at this point? What price point should one consider buying back in at?
View Quote

My dip on a $1.25 sale will be anything close to $1.00, but that's probably wishful thinking based on the behind-the-scenes fight over the de-listing I outlined above. I'd like to wash it back and forth once or twice over the next two days. A quarter at 20K shares is $5K a pop. Won't buy that Porsche, but it'll will buy a really good bottle of single malt

Honestly, I try to never give people investment advice. This is for fun, and I hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
@xxspudxx 
Do you have some subreddits that you like to follow in particular?  You can PM if you prefer
View Quote

@GonvilleBromhead

pennystocks
robinhoodpennystocks
stocks
investing
wallstreetbets

I dont take reddit as the gospel when doing DD, but if they all get a sniff of something and start a dogpile.... Easy money to be made.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]
This is pure nuts...

Hadn't looked at volume. 126,000,000 shares have traded today so far, and we're hours from close.

To put that in perspective, Microvision's entire outstanding share count is 130,000,000.

Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top