Site Notices
Page / 1714
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

It's only hype if there's absolutely nothing behind the rumor.

Craig-Hallum is real. They are shopping a sale.

Hololens II is real. Microsoft told the army they're moving to protect their supply chain. 

There are revenues, and a share price over $1 kills the R/S.

Not advocating irrational exuberance. A big nothing out of the quarterly and the speculators will bail in mass, I've seen it happen on way too many occasions. But...on April 6 when I started this thread MVIS was at .22, and I suggested a triple was easily possible. Here we are.
View Quote

I wish I would have seen it then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#3]
This is pure nuts...

Hadn't looked at volume. 126,000,000 shares have traded today so far, and we're hours from close.

To put that in perspective, Microvision's entire outstanding share count is 130,000,000. 

View Quote

I was going to post exactly this. That's insane.

[ETA] Now 131.5M
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

I would say there's an extremely high chance of a big drop when the quarterly hits.
View Quote

That's what I'm waiting on . . . the upside here is being driven purely on speculation of acquisition like OP noted, I'm guessing a positive trend as word gets out and people want to ride the wave (it's all over the internet right now) until quarterly comes out thursday after close.

Then it's either tank back down to the $0.30/share range or explosion if the news is any good.

Big question is what's a good buy between now and then
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched somebodys 87,000 shares on levelII earlier.

Screen name?

I did 2 trades today while surfing ARF, cleared 25%.  

Thanks OP.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
got in at .85 today and out .94 for a quick profit
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought 5K shares at .21.  Just sold 1K to lock in earnings on my original investment.  So now I have 4K shares that effectively cost me nothing.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By xxspudxx:

@GonvilleBromhead

pennystocks
robinhoodpennystocks
stocks
investing
wallstreetbets

I dont take reddit as the gospel when doing DD, but if they all get a sniff of something and start a dogpile.... Easy money to be made.

YMMV 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xxspudxx:
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
@xxspudxx 
Do you have some subreddits that you like to follow in particular?  You can PM if you prefer

@GonvilleBromhead

pennystocks
robinhoodpennystocks
stocks
investing
wallstreetbets

I dont take reddit as the gospel when doing DD, but if they all get a sniff of something and start a dogpile.... Easy money to be made.

YMMV 

The robinhoodpennystocks are going crazy for NAT
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sparky:

The robinhoodpennystocks are going crazy for NAT
View Quote

Last week was a moneymaker for me an NAT.

Still holding out for earnings to see whats what.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Couple of the TA guys believe some profit-taking this afternoon will walk it back down to about .85, which is the new support (again, all this is TA, which mixes equal parts math, chicken bones and tea leaves).

I'd expect another hard pop tomorrow morning if that happens. Trying to cover my base cost right now, doesn't look like it'll happen....just not willing to sell my entire stake at the current price to do it. I know my luck...after 14 years they'd do an after-hours announcement and I'd be another Ronald Wayne.

If you don't know who that is, Google the name. It'll give you investor nightmares
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW...for people interested in the dynamic going on today - that $1.00 share price mark is a titanic battle going on behind the scenes. To be clear, the share price has to close at over $1.00 for ten consecutive days to take de-listing off the table.

Whoever has been accumulating millions of shares over the last two weeks will fight tooth-and-nail to prevent that. It's going on right now. They have very, very deep pockets and will offer tiny blocks at tenths of a penny under the ask to keep the lid on.

Disclosure: I have a limit order in to sell 20K at 1.25 right now. Covers my cost and holds back a 10K block. If that executes, I'll buy back in on the first dip and take a little profit.
View Quote

The RS can also be taken off the table by the market cap.  We are on what day 2 or 3 of 10 with market cap above $50m?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
This is pure nuts...

Hadn't looked at volume. 126,000,000 shares have traded today so far, and we're hours from close.

To put that in perspective, Microvision's entire outstanding share count is 130,000,000. 

View Quote

So am I the only guy who didn't sell today?  That is exceeding odd that most all of the shares traded today.  That is really what gives me pause that this could be one heck of an elaborate pump and dump.  So the composite operator gathered shares all these months--presuming you believe that is what going on--only to sell ahead of what could be the biggest news in years for this stock?

Basically longs are saying don't sell, deal coming.  But why would the CO be selling if they were buying on the news of a company sale?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

So am I the only guy who didn't sell today?  That is exceeding odd that most all of the shares traded today.  That is really what gives me pause that this could be one heck of an elaborate pump and dump.  So the composite operator gathered shares all these months--presuming you believe that is what going on--only to sell ahead of what could be the biggest news in years for this stock?

Basically longs are saying don't sell, deal coming.  But why would the CO be selling if they were buying on the news of a company sale?
View Quote

It's same shares moving back and forth many times.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

It's same shares moving back and forth many times.
View Quote

Which seems to support the pump and dump.  If this was investor sentiment or deal driven, why would anyone in their right mind sell besides those that play the float and don't believe the sale rumor.  Why take a chance of getting priced out of the market?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Which seems to support the pump and dump.  If this was investor sentiment or deal driven, why would anyone in their right mind sell besides those that play the float and don't believe the sale rumor.  Why take a chance of getting priced out of the market?
View Quote

They are always pump and dumps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]

The RS can also be taken off the table by the market cap.  We are on what day 2 or 3 of 10 with market cap above $50m?
View Quote

Not one or the other, it's both. Market cap minimum plus share price minimum.

Kaik is right, volume is over 142 million shares right now. Level 2 shows some big blocks trading back and forth...day traders taking a couple of pennies on 20K+, wash and repeat.

My trade looks like it won't happen today, which is fine. I'm bumping my limit order after hours - if there's no announcement - to try and hook an early morning spike. I'll be damn cautious late Wed and Thurs, if the herd spooks catching the fall isn't likely.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Usually on these long pump and dumps you will see a huge dip in the afternoon and then it will start to rise back up in after hours.   Usually happens between 3:30-350 eastern.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Not one or the other, it's both. Market cap minimum plus share price minimum.

Kaik is right, volume is over 142 million shares right now. Level 2 shows some big blocks trading back and forth...day traders taking a couple of pennies on 20K+, wash and repeat. 

My trade looks like it won't happen today, which is fine. I'm bumping my limit order after hours - if there's no announcement - to try and hook an early morning spike. I'll be damn cautious late Wed and Thurs, if the herd spooks catching the fall isn't likely.
View All Quotes

The RS can also be taken off the table by the market cap.  We are on what day 2 or 3 of 10 with market cap above $50m?

Not one or the other, it's both. Market cap minimum plus share price minimum.

Kaik is right, volume is over 142 million shares right now. Level 2 shows some big blocks trading back and forth...day traders taking a couple of pennies on 20K+, wash and repeat. 

My trade looks like it won't happen today, which is fine. I'm bumping my limit order after hours - if there's no announcement - to try and hook an early morning spike. I'll be damn cautious late Wed and Thurs, if the herd spooks catching the fall isn't likely.

I'm an investor for the deal somewhere between $5 and $10.

But I've toyed with selling 1/2 before the call depending on price.  Just simply because of the "buy the rumor sell the news" and "take the profits first" people.  If there isn't a beat, a sale announcement or some news of licensing, I could see Friday being very bad.

I figure the worst that could happen is that I go back to the start and lose all my profits.  They're not going to announce bankruptcy.

If Craig-hallum and the begging for the RS wasn't involved, I would probably sell before the earnings call.  I'm sticking I think.  This is a sale.  But I have been on stocktwits warning people that earnings calls aren't where sales are announced.  The acquirer typically issues a press release and the acquired shortly follows suit.  These bozos are going to cut the sale price by diving out due to unreasonable expectations.

We will see what happens between now and Thursday as to what I do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#19]
sold off some at .9438 to recapture my initial buyin positions of .24 and .29. Now playing with house moniez.

crazy day. I think it will shit out mid Thursday though.

eta: set another buy at .19 if it slides after the Thursday call.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
sold off some at .9438 to recapture my initial buyin positions of .24 and .29. Now playing with house moniez. 

crazy day. I think it will shit out mid Thursday though. 

eta: set another buy at .19 if it slides after the Thursday call.
View Quote

Cents?  19 cents?

That would be one heck of a slide.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

Cents?  19 cents?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
sold off some at .9438 to recapture my initial buyin positions of .24 and .29. Now playing with house moniez.

crazy day. I think it will shit out mid Thursday though.

eta: set another buy at .19 if it slides after the Thursday call.

Cents?  19 cents?

Yep. It's ambitious, I admit.

I don't think any news will come out of Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Back up to a dollar again....let’s see if it can hold..
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#23]
1 dolla!

Crazy thinking I bought in a few weeks ago at $0.21.  This stock is single handedly keeping my account in the positive for gains for the last week.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#24]
@osprey61

Disregard, good luck.  Don't answer that question.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this thing really going to close out above $1
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry for the stupid question here but I'm brand new to buy/selling stocks.  After making other major purchases I had $100 left over that I sank into Microvision @ $.22/share.  What will happen to my stocks if the company gets purchased by one of the big boys?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought $100 worth @ $.27, should I sell?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:09:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#28]
Originally Posted By AL-BOB:
Sorry for the stupid question here but I'm brand new to buy/selling stocks.  After making other major purchases I had $100 left over that I sank into Microvision @ $.22/share.  What will happen to my stocks if the company gets purchased by one of the big boys?
View Quote

It depends.

Could go stock for stock.
Could go stock for stock + cash
Could go all cash

Stock for stock you just trade your shares for a portion of the acquirers shares.  This is best if it is msft or Google or apple because you can hold their stock for a year and make even more $ while waiting on the lower long term cap gains rates that would start from when you bought microvision.

Given the recent drop in price, I would expect one of the big guys to have bought enough of their own shares through share repurchase to pay for this deal in full just due to the Corona float.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#29]
$1.05

getting seasick with this volume.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Sold my final 1/3 today at .96, basis was .29.

With this and the sell on Friday at .45, I doubled my money in a week.
That was good enough for me.

Pigs get fat.  Hogs get slaughtered.

Good luck everyone.  I hope it makes everyone millions tomorrow.  I won't be too bitter.  
And thanks OP.  I really can't believe I followed a stock tip off an internet gun forum and doubled my money.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Or it could be nothing.... It will go to 0 if something does not happen on that call.

Dont loose your entire ass. Take come gains and gamble what you can piss away after wednesday EOD.

Good luck everyone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Huge thanks to @Osprey61.  I didn’t but a lot but this was a lot of fun.  I’m hanging in there, gonna ride this to $5....or to zero.  Giddy up!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AL-BOB:
Sorry for the stupid question here but I'm brand new to buy/selling stocks.  After making other major purchases I had $100 left over that I sank into Microvision @ $.22/share.  What will happen to my stocks if the company gets purchased by one of the big boys?
View Quote

Sell before Thursday.  SELL BEFORE THURSDAY.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bssrf4:
I bought $100 worth @ $.27, should I sell? 
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, before someone has the SEC knocking on my door...I am not, and have never been a Microvision employee.

I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, aside from writing IR snarky emails from time to time.

Cannot, and will not give advice here, but I have no idea where this is going.

Sure is fun, 'tho...

Don't be the guy without a chair when the music stops.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
$1.05

getting seasick with this volume.
View Quote

177 million shares traded, and the last half hour will get serious. Buckle up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#37]
hit $1.10 for a minute there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I took my 250% profit this morning and am just watching now.

OP, pretty cool thread, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Just put my shares up for sell for $2.50/share. Good til cancelled, extended hours. Just in case something even weirder happens overnight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Kicking myself for only buying $100 worth at $.21 and setting my limit order $.01 for 2000 shares too low... or I would have them right now
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Just put my shares up for sell for $2.50/share. Good til cancelled, extended hours. Just in case something even weirder happens overnight.
View Quote
My remainder is set at $3.00 . If that goes...house gutters and new smoker time.

We'll have to take up a PMAG collection for OP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Just punched out my last little bit at 1.07...  nice little win over the last 4 weeks.  Thanks op!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sirveaux] [#43]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
Kicking myself for only buying $100 worth at $.21 and setting my limit order $.01 for 2000 shares too low... or I would have them right now
View Quote

I bought close to the same but sold at about 24c when it looked more like it was going back to zero from about 25c.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Sigh.

Set up an etrade account about 2 weeks ago but didnt have some information available while at work.  Forgot about it when I went home.

Now I see the thread and palm meets forehead.   Was willing to toss 500-1000bucks to see what it did.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Just put my shares up for sell for $2.50/share. Good til cancelled, extended hours. Just in case something even weirder happens overnight.
View Quote

Tempted to do this as well...

Just saw 1.12.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#46]
eh, im in for $100 at $1/ per.......lets see what happens
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I covered my investment last week by selling some at $.45. I took a little profit today at $.95. Now, I'll just see what happens with the rest.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:05:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryM] [#48]
Closed at 1.09 today.
Correction, closed at 1.08, down to 1.05 in the first few minutes of after hours.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#49]
Closed at 1.10 . Cmon $3.00

eta: marketwatch is dumb. 108
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texas_Infidel] [#50]
OP is a good man.  

Didn’t see this thread till this morning so not near the returns those that got at ~$.21-.29 a share.  

Holding to see what after hours does.  

ETA: https://mobile.twitter.com/Kodon85079577/status/1256393785686151168
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top