Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2024 10:13:46 AM EDT
A little more than a week ago I purchased a watch I have wanted for 20 years thinking it would be the keystone of my modest collection that consists of mostly Tissot & Victorionox watches.

Attachment Attached File

As it turns out, it’s likely to be the cornerstone I instantly became obsessed with “luxury” watches.

In the past week I have learned more about movements, refinements and histories than I ever thought I would. I thought I was buying a cool watch to treat myself.

To that end I’m looking to add two more watches, at least one by December.

1. Omega Aqua Terra
2. Tudor Black Bay 58

I’m going to spend some time in Switzerland this year. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to buying “locally”?

What are some of the good YouTubers to follow so I can get smart and now throw good money after bad watches?
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely brilliant piece, sir. Bold, clean, elegant. Well done!
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Prepare to have a lot less money....
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it - the BB58 is practically perfect. Perfect size, amazing performance. Toss up the 58 or the Pelagos 39, but the 58 has the classic charms. My summer daily Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck! About a year ago I decided I wanted to wear a watch again after retiring and not wearing a watch for about 4 years. I bought a couple of Vostoks and an SWC and had my Dad’s 1966 Seiko restored. Then I decided I wanted a nice watch so I bought an Omega SMP300m. Then I decided to treat myself to the No-Date Sub I always wanted but wouldn’t buy while I was working.

Now I have 4 Rolexes, the Omega, a couple of Sinns and a Tudor, plus a few other miscellaneous pieces.  It’s a damn sickness
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I may be selling my BB58. Watch the EE.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No kidding Robert. This year has seen the addition of:

Omega Speedmaster Professional
Tudor FXD
Panerai 297
Sinn U1
Sinn EZM3
Edox Neptunian in orange
Edox Neptunian in blue
Zeno Watch Basel limited
1972 Tissot Seastar
Hamilton Khaki Field Auto Chrono
Glycine "Bruce Wayne" GMT

That doesn't include a few reps I purchased to decide whether I liked them enough to buy the genuine, or a rep to wear in situations where I wouldn't want to risk the genuine. Those would include:

Tudor FXD in both black and blue - bought the genuine in black the day after the reps arrived
Rolex James Cameron DSSD - love it, want the real deal... someday
Paneral 297 - bought the original first on steel but wanted a rep to wear on leather or rubber straps and to wear out and about in case I get robbed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 2:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esa17] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll be on the look out.

Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:
Absolutely brilliant piece, sir. Bold, clean, elegant. Well done!

Thank you.  It's taken a while to get used to it on my wrist but each time I look at it I am instantly satisfied in a way I did not expect.

Originally Posted By Basher:
Prepare to have a lot less money....

Can't take it with me!

Originally Posted By 5thLegion:
Do it - the BB58 is practically perfect. Perfect size, amazing performance. Toss up the 58 or the Pelagos 39, but the 58 has the classic charms. My summer daily https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_3588_jpeg-3280441.JPG

I have plenty of saved searches all over the place.  Any benefit to buying in Switzerland if I can find one?

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

That doesn't include a few reps I purchased to decide whether I liked them enough to buy the genuine, or a rep to wear in situations where I wouldn't want to risk the genuine. Those would include:

Tudor FXD in both black and blue - bought the genuine in black the day after the reps arrived
Rolex James Cameron DSSD - love it, want the real deal... someday
Paneral 297 - bought the original first on steel but wanted a rep to wear on leather or rubber straps and to wear out and about in case I get robbed.

@HiramRanger
Where would you get a rep that isn't just a CC fraud front?
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to think my gun expenses were bad. Then I got some cool grail 1911s and the hunt is over. ~2 years back I started getting into watches and went from one daily omega that I wore for 15 years to now a Pelagos 42, that omega, and a bunch of random other ones.

Been wanting an all-gold sport watch and bracelet. Got an Invicta to see if that scratched the itch. It only made it worse....

now I'm thinking about selling off a pile of those guns, saving some fun money for a bit, and getting a damn watch that costs more than my truck. Despite my typical dress code of slightly stained and ripped t-shirts at home and Sam's Club polo shirts at work
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Still looking...
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I used to think my gun expenses were bad. Then I got some cool grail 1911s and the hunt is over. ~2 years back I started getting into watches and went from one daily omega that I wore for 15 years to now a Pelagos 42, that omega, and a bunch of random other ones.

Been wanting an all-gold sport watch and bracelet. Got an Invicta to see if that scratched the itch. It only made it worse....

now I'm thinking about selling off a pile of those guns, saving some fun money for a bit, and getting a damn watch that costs more than my truck. Despite my typical dress code of slightly stained and ripped t-shirts at home and Sam's Club polo shirts at work
View Quote

I’ve got my eye on this…

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top