BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Waldo:

IDK, looks like they have their dick in a wringer over some dam collapse.

View Quote
I owned the stock when that happened. It was a bad trade for me. I held it for 2 or 3 years just to break even. They will cut the dividend in a heartbeat from what I remember. I used to own RIO also. Bad trade on that one as well. I like both companies but I'm waiting to buy after my bad timing the last time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#2]
Originally Posted By wvar15:
I've mostly been buying 13 week treasuries and cds, but added INTC and SWX yesterday. I only bought small amounts and will buy more if they drop. SWX has been one of my good trades this year. Bought at $69, sold at $89, and just bought at $59. INTC is so low I couldn't pass it up. I'll buy more if it hits $21. I'm watching GLDD, if it drops below $4 I'll buy. It's a dredging company that not followed by many, but I think it could see the $10 to $15 range again. Might be a couple years though
View Quote

I have been watching INTC for a while now.

I may pick up just a few shares in the next few weeks so it will be on my "radar" for future purchases. In the next month one of my CD's and a t-bill will roll off into cash.

At some point next year a larger purchase may be in order!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#4]
Today I bought 14 shares of INTC as my final investment for the year. This was mostly just to put this stock in one of my portfolios to keep it on my mind for consideration of possible future purchases. Like almost all of my stocks, I put INTC on DRIP.

I have generally two CD's that will mature each month during 2023, so I will be spending some of today making a list of stocks I don't own, to follow in 2023 for possible purchase. Currently that list includes UNP, ADP, NOC, CTVA, LLY, LOW, LMT and JNJ. I am not sure if I will buy stock with the cash from matured CD's, buy CD's again, or just hold cash for a while.

It's been a long year for me, and I am glad it is almost over. Looking forward to starting 2023 with a positive attitude!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Just an observation or data point, nothing more.  Good friend of mine who is a stock broker told me that he has bought more CDs (now at 4.5% for 6 months) for his clients in the last couple of months than in his prior ten years.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:35:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#6]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Just an observation or data point, nothing more.  Good friend of mine who is a stock broker told me that he has bought more CDs (now at 4.5% for 6 months) for his clients in the last couple of months than in his prior ten years.  
View Quote

Money has been moving to the sidelines (CD's/cash). At some point the flow of money will return to stocks driving a long-term bull market. Profits will be made by those who time the reverse correctly.

Watching for a general increase in corporate profits should be an early sign of a better market to come.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#7]
I have been on hold buying stocks for a while, except for dividend reinvestment's, however I stepped into the fire last Wednesday with a purchase of MSFT shares
to go with the Microsoft already owned.

Microsoft is a long-term investment for me and I would expect that I will hold it to be inherited by relatives at some time years from now.

I am still watching a number of other stocks, but I don't anticipate any purchases for at least a month or two. I am still watching corporate profits and PE ratios.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold my INTC today so it should probably go up another 20%.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#9]
I sold my INTC today so it should probably go up another 20%.
View Quote

I know how you feel, but I am going to hold. I figure I will hold until I have a nice loss, then sell.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:57:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#10]
Bought some TRGP late yesterday as I wanted to increase my holdings somewhat in the oil and gas industry. I have held this before and done well, but sold my shares and wished I hadn't, so now I am back in. I plan on holding these shares long-term.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#12]

That PE ratio though.
View Quote

Yes, outside my usual comfort level, but growth should help that. We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]

That PE ratio though.
View Quote

It gets worse.

1.97% dividend with a 109% payout ratio
2.58% profit margin
192 M cash
11.26 B debt
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrote] [#14]
Added some AMZN, TSLA, TLRY and INTC today.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Idolan:
UWM is already the biggest mortgage lender in the country ( bigger than Rocket and every other bank ) Earnings are high because they can control the margins and the tighter the market gets with increasing rates the better it is for UWM as more and more small banks will close or have to cut staff which then hurts processing and underwriting speed. I can take a loan application tonight and by 1PM tomorrow have conditional underwriting approval and a call from the underwriter to review the items with me..Loan closings from application to the borrower getting the keys to their new home is regularly in 10-14 days.

They are eating up market share and the only way to get a loan from them is with a mortgage broker.

I am buying for the 10% now and reinvesting the dividends so during the next housing boom my investment is 2-4x

View Quote
Started looking at UWM from this post. Been buying some here and there.  Fairly stable price, good dividend, won't be a hold forever, but right now I'm dumping some cash into it.

Another good find from ARFCOM
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#17]
Over the last couple of months I have been continuing to purchase some stocks; UNH, AMAT, LMT, ORI, INTC, and UNP (before Norfolk train derailment ).

Currently looking at purchasing some more 6-month treasury's next week depending on the rate.

Still letting the DRIP's buy more stocks, but not anticipating any overall stock price increases until later this year, and may get a chance to buy some more stocks at reduced prices in the next few months.

I hope history favors the brave.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Speedwinder:
Over the last couple of months I have been continuing to purchase some stocks; UNH, AMAT, LMT, ORI, INTC, and UNP (before Norfolk train derailment ).

Currently looking at purchasing some more 6-month treasury's next week depending on the rate.

Still letting the DRIP's buy more stocks, but not anticipating any overall stock price increases until later this year, and may get a chance to buy some more stocks at reduced prices in the next few months.

I hope history favors the brave.
View Quote

History always favors the brave, just not all of the brave, and not all at the same time.

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Just INTC lately. I've been buying when it hits the high 25 to low 26 range and selling when it crosses 30. Each buy I add 25 shares. Started at 100 and will be at 150 if this next GTC order goes through. I was trading Southwest gas also but I'm thinking that might have more downside risk now.

I'm considering trying a cash covered put on the next buy and a covered call on the next sell. I've never used options but seems like a way I might be able to squeeze some more money out and since I was going to buy and sell at those prices anyway no added risk.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:03:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#20]
Just INTC lately. I've been buying when it hits the high 25 to low 26 range and selling when it crosses 30. Each buy I add 25 shares. Started at 100 and will be at 150 if this next GTC order goes through. I was trading Southwest gas also but I'm thinking that might have more downside risk now.

I'm considering trying a cash covered put on the next buy and a covered call on the next sell. I've never used options but seems like a way I might be able to squeeze some more money out and since I was going to buy and sell at those prices anyway no added risk.
View Quote

Bought Intel because of the Ohio plant under construction, CHINA/Taiwan, and chips look to me to be a growing industry. I didn't buy a large amount. I will hold long-term or until I find something I think is better that I don't own.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Currently thinking of throwing some money in money market funds earning (4.2%), 3 month cds and 3 month treasuries.

I used to think MMF's are basically like savings accounts, but I've been reading lately they are not risk free.

What is everyone parking "cash in"?

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

View Quote

T-bills
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Buying more ABML
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Currently thinking of throwing some money in money market funds earning (4.2%), 3 month cds and 3 month treasuries.

I used to think MMF's are basically like savings accounts, but I've been reading lately they are not risk free.

View Quote

Been parking it in T bills. But on Fidelity 90 day CD's are now paying 5.1% VS 4.84% for T bills.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I ended up going with 6 mo. CD's at 5.1%.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked up some SMCI this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

SNSXX &  SWVXX
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I just picked up a 6mos CD at 5.25%.Tupelo Bank? Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Buying more ABML
View Quote

So you're the guy that's been making it go up.
Dropped this morning though on this.
American Battery Technology Company Announces $10 Million Registered Direct Offering
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CatskillDraht:

American Battery Technology Company Announces $10 Million Registered Direct Offering
View Quote

mFER of course.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
View Quote

Based upon what?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Buying more ABML

Bought more this am.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Based upon what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grendelbane:

Based upon what?

Decent PE, in a decent uptrend.  Not a direct AI play, but should benefit from the increased emphasis on AI development.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#34]
ABML is a 10 year bet. Bought 500 shares a while back. If it goes back down to 50 cent range will load up some more. Or maybe not, who knows. 10 years is a long time for new technology to emerge to replace lithium. So it could go to 0 or $100 a share in 10 years who knows.

Bought 30 shares of FRC. That's just pure gambling.

You could say I'm a pretty big player

My HY shares are kicking ass right now, thanks for tipping me off on that one ARFCOM. Currently around $50 and if market doesn't shit itself, it should continue to grow earnings since pandemic is over and supply chain issues are phasing out. I expect it to slowly climb up to 80 and beyond in the next year.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By EastRiverSD:
ABML is a 10 year bet. Bought 500 shares a while back. If it goes back down to 50 cent range will load up some more. Or maybe not, who knows. 10 years is a long time for new technology to emerge to replace lithium. So it could go to 0 or $100 a share in 10 years who knows.

My HY shares are kicking ass right now, thanks for tipping me off on that one ARFCOM. Currently around $50 and if market doesn't shit itself, it should continue to grow earnings since pandemic is over and supply chain issues are phasing out. I expect it to slowly climb up to 80 and beyond in the next year.

View Quote

ABML will be generating revenue by 3rd quarter this year.

I believe it's more of a 2-5 year bet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By EastRiverSD:

View Quote
YEP my HY has been killing it. One of my best performers I just bought some more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Thoughts on MO, BTI, PM and or the oil majors right now?

Currently targeting overall dividend of matching CPI in this portfolio.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#39]

I have some MO for the dividend.

I have a lot of energy stocks. It's a volatile sector so you better have the nerves for that.  Midstreams are a little less volatile and generally pay better.
View Quote

Oh yeah me too. I have tons of all of the above. Just trying to think if I should get out while the getting is good of some of the them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#40]
I don't knowingly own any tobacco stocks and won't, but I may own some mixed in with other stocks in ETF's I own.

The only energy stock I currently own is TRGP that I bought a small amount of early this year, and I am up 5.19% so far this year. Not setting the world on fire, but I look forward to the future on this stock.

I have trouble investing in oil and gas stocks with the current administration in power and they being so anti-energy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Speedwinder:

I have trouble investing in oil and gas stocks with the current administration in power and they being so anti-energy.
View Quote

Administrations change, it might be early but I am looking at energy stocks to accumulate.  Of course, this could backfire on me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#43]

IDK man. This year, every time I sell energy it goes up and every time I buy it goes down.
View Quote

You mean that's not the way it is supposed to work? I have been doing this all wrong.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been buying TNA. When the markets run again lookout.

R
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#45]
Originally Posted By Bengals21:
I have been buying TNA. When the markets run again lookout.

R
View Quote

I am not familiar with this stock, but it has a very interesting pattern.

Looks like they take losses in down markets, then come back very strong on gains the next year or so.

Not sure my heart can take the volatility, but looks like potential for those who can time the market.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#46]
They are extremely volatile. Basically you're buying the Russell 3x leveraged.  I bought FAS about a year and a half ago at 25 and sold at 125. There are several of these out there. TQQQ is another one I like really well. I buy and hold. I buy on the dips and sell as it goes up.

R
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Nvidia.
The H100 chip, which is 4.5x faster than the A100, blasting through performance records related to machine learning. Nvidia's technological lead isn't going anywhere. And this gives the company a solid moat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Thoughts on MO, BTI, PM and or the oil majors right now?

Currently targeting overall dividend of matching CPI in this portfolio.
View Quote

i have owned MO in the past a couple of times. i watch it. may buy back in if it gets back to 40. currently in BTI, they have had some tobacco industry related issues lately. that have kept them in the lower end of their price range.

sold my CVX shares recently. didn't really want to but they spiked up. i have been trying to move to a more etf based portfolio. so it was an opportunity to focus on that. looks like it was the right move. would love to buy back in a small position. if they drop a lot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#49]
My current watch list is NOC, LOW, V, GD, MA, OKE.

I may end up buying all of these, some of these, or none of these. I will probably wait until later this year to make any significant buys, but I have CD's and treasuries that will be maturing over the year and I would generally prefer to own stocks as opposed to CD's and treasuries.

My watch list changes often.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top