Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:23:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#1]
This is what I mean by broken instead of cut, you will see the rough jagged stone where it breaks as opposed to cutting it so it would be smooth.

This one is 3 pieces, the two on the sides were almost like the middle with it cut down the center and some cut off the bottom. If I took the inverse of this cut it would appear to be precision fitted to what you see, same on the end pieces, those would look like they fit tight and I could also leave it uncut to stand further or shorter than the middle. If I move it over and make a small cut it would fit tight and look like it turns a corner.  If I chip off all the edges it would have what people are referring to as the pillowed look.

Edit: plus page 19!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:39:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#2]
Well what we need is pictures and video of walls that are partially deconstructed. Then there is the fact that there seems to be different styles. Some are face fitted and backfilled and some are completely fitted. my hughesnet internet service gig allotment is used up for the month so I will have to wait until later tonight to start looking for videos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By waterglass:

Ohh yeah, there is some major mysteries about this stuff

Im sure if you had the people to direct and the tools you need you could make a better wall. you have the math and knowledge to do so. If I had the money to spend I'd get me a nice pillowed polygonal granite house made for me. It would be fucking awesome to have a house that could stand 10,000 years.

IMO you stone cutters should be put to work building houses using these old methods instead of cutting monuments and counter tops. You fellows could make houses that would outlast human civilization.

Besides maybe radioactive isotopes made by men, nothing has a better chance of outlasting us all.
View Quote
Speaking of building stuff to last a long time...  Clock under construction in a mountain in Texas, design life: 10,000 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_of_the_Long_Now

http://longnow.org/essays/millennium-clock/
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Loremsk:

Speaking of building stuff to last a long time...  Clock under construction in a mountain in Texas, design life: 10,000 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_of_the_Long_Now

http://longnow.org/essays/millennium-clock/
View Quote
That's pretty neat if it will really last.  Does time change over time, meaning in exactly 1000 years from now will it be 11:55 p.m. or might it be 3:41 a.m?  How does a clock keep time relevant to the universe's?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By headstoner:
I'm sure tourism plays a huge roll, like someone else said. Im sure if they knew every detail of it they might not say due to the $$. Same as Roswell I suppose.
View Quote
Yep. I bet many people go there for the "mystery".

Maybe. For all I know the regular guy was sick or subcontracted the job so he could go work on the other side of the mountain

It might be some sort of damage that occured on the far right outside of what we are seeing in the pic. Without pics from all angles or being there to walk around and see everything I'm just guessing.

Could be any number of things I suppose.
View Quote
Yes.  We are speculating what ifs here.  The guy who knew how to do it might have been fired to save money for the shareholders, for all I know.  Then we see what happened when they decided to save costs hiring cheap labor.

And History keeps repeating itself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]

I watched that one a few years ago, thats pretty cool. Large pilished granite "marbles" or spheres are fun to make, I wonder what the future will say about our junk.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464920/Belmar_granite_6_ft_1_2-815323.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464920/07a15762b0f263e96efea4cfefa09d8b_2-815324.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464920/Screenshot_2019-01-20-20-07-22_2-815326.png

Edit: I have never attempted to make any this size due to cost vs profit and cemetery regulations and rules.
View Quote
Originally Posted By Jacko100:

The stone spheres of Costa Rica are a collection of some three hundred polished stone orbs, the first of which were discovered in the Diquis Delta of Costa Rica during the 1930s. The spheres range in size from a few centimeters to over two meters in diameter, and weigh up to 16 tons.

http://www.ticotimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/160401Finca6Featured.jpg
View Quote
LOL!  I can imagine several thousand years from now people scratching their heads and asking the same questions as we are.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Just send a bid to Trump. Kill two birds with one stone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Explanations are not demonstrations. Make me a nice pillowed polygonal wall about 10 feet high with rock and string and sand out of 400-1000 pound stones.

You left out diamonds, Peru has lots of diamonds.

I will make you one, but it'll cost ya.
Just send a bid to Trump. Kill two birds with one stone.
Another Hadrian's wall, eh?   It worked for them.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Yes.  We are speculating what ifs here.  The guy who knew how to do it might have been fired to save money for the shareholders, for all I know.  Then we see what happened when they decided to save costs hiring cheap labor.

View Quote
Hahaha you know it. We think we're so advanced compared to years past, maybe we just have more stuff. People probably haven't changed since the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:14:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rossi] [#9]
Well what we need is pictures and video of walls that are partially deconstructed. Then there is the fact that there seems to be different styles. Some are face fitted and backfilled and some are completely fitted. my hughesnet internet service gig allotment is used up for the month so I will have to wait until later tonight to start looking for videos.
View Quote
This guy (claims to have been there 61 times) walks around several of them and clearly shows the different construction methods and technologies used to build them.   As he walks by we can see some walls in different phases of construction, and disrepair.

He walls by the damaged ones and says he was with a geologist who claimed that only a 9 to 9.5 Richter earthquake or up would cause that kind of damage to that wall.    I wonder whether someone who shook at that scale wouldn't have moved somewhere else, hence the structures were abandoned when the Incas arrived.

Note some walls that have many different cutting techniques, like there were people who knew what they were doing while others apparently did not.

Peru Lost Ancient High Technology: Machu Pic'chu And Ollantaytambo

Other notes.
Around 8:50 he takes some stairways that do not seem so well cut as the walls, even if we consider the damage caused by wear and tear + some earthquakes.

Starting at 10:10 note the wall on the right and all the different cuts and fittings that varied from the very precise to just pile-ups.   Some stones had their faces polished while others were laid there as rough as they got.  Quite intriguing.

Around 13:30 he talks about one of the theories for the differences being that earthquakes caused some big boulders to fracture and roll downhill.  The Incas picked up the pieces, brought them uphill again and just piled them up back there.

17:24 shows some cuts on the mountain side that could have been a quarry headstone talks about.  Even though the height and size makes me wonder if that's really the case there.   However, he walks by some other locations that could have been used as quarries.

Good video worth watching.

ETA the author's channel.  Several good videos there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brienfoerster/videos?disable_polymer=1
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:29:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:39:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#11]
Okay lets look at Tambomachay. It seems to be completely fitted as we see in the video posted above by Rossi. You clearly see an encroachment of sediment and past damage that has been repaired as well as two very distinct types of stone work. Also parts of the superior work has been melted. Here is a good short video on the site. I do not vouch for any theory in the video besides the fact that the superior work is most likely significantly older than the renovations. I figure the water works and older work were found and attempts were made to renovate the site.
Tambomachay & The Fountain Of The Gods

More pictures of the melted stone. Do not vouch for the commentary. Search Tambomachay melted stone on youtube, this is the only video. Seems odd the only channels focusing on this are coming from an odd disposition. youtube is actually cracking down on the channels that make this stuff available. IMO that is bullshit, at least they are creating content that exposes people to this stuff. it also doesn't help to dispel the idea that the mainstream is covering up what they can not explain.
Melted Stonework In Peru ~ Proof Of Ancient War?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:40:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#12]
next  the Ruins of Chinchero Peru. Here you can see both fully fitted work in basalt and limestone and front fitted backfilled work of the later. Again I do not vouch for their theories beyond superior work being older, and that the Inca renovated and resettled the site. I would note the long haired fellow in sun glasses is a pseudo theoretical physicist, seems like a new ager DMT head to me. lol hard to find someone more spaced out than that lol. but the video showcasing the walls is  the best on youtube. Note the backfilled walls have clay between their faces that can be seen from the top/
Chinchero Peru Megalithic Exploration With Nassim Haramein

here you can see some rock cutting work into the living stone at the same site. Also note the standing face fitted stones and the stone wedge in the back.

More Lost Ancient High Technology Of Peru: Chinchero
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:36:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#13]
Here is a video of the ruins of Puma Punku and Tiwanaku. Last video of the night. The stones still in place at Puma Punu were fully fitted. Let me know if anyone wants to see more of this stuff and I'll see what I can do. headstoner You should be able to see a lot of the nitty gritty of what they could do in this vid beyond wall making long before (800 years at the least possibly thousands) the Inca. In The Tiwanaku portion that focuses on the haphazard attempted modern reconstruction you can see the stones were once fully fitted. Both sites were heavily plundered to make underfill for a nearby railroad.

Puma Punku And Tiwanaku In Bolivia: Strangest Ancient Site On Earth?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
why else would we have named the whole planet "dirt"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kar98k:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By FrozenWinter:
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:
I don't know what they could have used to "cut" these rocks into various shapes given they had only stone tools.
ETA you used this primitive tool  https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server4200/rx1qnc/products/10232/images/30041/K970_2__40594.1432842672.451.416.jpg?c=2
ETA2 show me one like that you made by beating on it with another rock.
Some of the stones are in an unfinished state, showing some of the techniques used to shape them. They were initially pounded by stone hammers, which can still be found in numbers on local andesite quarries, creating depressions, and then slowly ground and polished with flat stones and sand.[9]
Link
Holy shit!  
The aliens taught the Egyptians about sand?  
Amazing.
why else would we have named the whole planet "dirt"?
Its all falling into place!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#15]

We are talking about many tons of rock.  A small imperfection on the ground can already be a headache when pushing a shopping cart.  Imagine a multi-ton boulder.

I don't think things changed much over there.  The whole thing is set on top of granite mountains.  Unless a massive earthquake collapsed the mountain but the wall's condition does not indicate that.

One of the movies I posted shows part of a structure that appears to be damaged by an earthquake.  However, the guy is suspicious because no other structure around shows any signs of damage.  Nonetheless, the boulders are a bit separated from each other like if that structure was shaken and part of it damaged.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls07_JPG-814931.JPG

So, it's not much like in Egypt or other locations where sand or a sedimentary terrain can shift a lot and change considerably over a few thousand years. Macho Pichu was covered in foliage but when cleaned up was "like new".

Nevertheless, it's really intriguing that they suddenly became careless about the stone fitting, mostly with the smaller ones, easier to move around and shape to fit?
Would you say that it was the same people who built this wall?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls05_JPG-814935.JPG

This one, besides the different fitting even has different color and texture.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls06_JPG-814937.JPG

So, it's not much about the "could have been done?".  It's more about "were really the same people who did it?"
View Quote
Perhaps one king died and the guy who took his place was not nearly as anal retentive and said "fuck it guys, lets just get this thing finished"
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By brass:

That's not it, it's how that level was achieved, then apparently lost for a thousand or two years before it was figured out again.  Information and practices generally don't vanish that quickly and completely, well, unless Islam comes in and destroys all monuments and knowledge, but this is pre-Islam.
View Quote
Why do you love to pick on Islam?  I guess you never heard of the Bonfire of the Vanities or the Iconoclasm (both Christians destroying things that they found offensive to their religion).  I am Christian, but I don't selectively filter history to suit my world view.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#17]
Here is a video of the ruins of Puma Punku and Tiwanaku. Last video of the night. The stones still in place at Puma Punu were fully fitted. Let me know if anyone wants to see more of this stuff and I'll see what I can do. headstoner You should be able to see a lot of the nitty gritty of what they could do in this vid beyond wall making long before (800 years at the least possibly thousands) the Inca. In The Tiwanaku portion that focuses on the haphazard attempted modern reconstruction you can see the stones were once fully fitted. Both sites were heavily plundered to make underfill for a nearby railroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TGTcbL7OEM
View Quote
That guy in the video is a kook. No one can explain why a compass moves erratically...ahhh almost everyone can explain how a compass works

The gauss meter is all over the place....this just in...rocks have magnetic ores contained within them. Try a gieger meter, maybe rocks contain radioactive isotopes as well....or they may be parts of ancient stone nuclear reactors.

The stones themselves are cool for sure, but I dont see anything that stands out as OMG, how can that be!!! It all looks like pretty straight forward how things are done. The H blocks having "two different distinct carving methods" is bologna, they are in two distinct stages of production and nothing more.

Reminds me of early shows of the crocodile hunter. I bettah be careful, not only am i endangering my own life but the lives of my crew as well!! Crikey!!!

The actual stone work is still pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#18]
That guy in the video is a kook. No one can explain why a compass moves erratically...ahhh almost everyone can explain how a compass works

The gauss meter is all over the place....this just in...rocks have magnetic ores contained within them. Try a gieger meter, maybe rocks contain radioactive isotopes as well....or they may be parts of ancient stone nuclear reactors.

The stones themselves are cool for sure, but I dont see anything that stands out as OMG, how can that be!!! It all looks like pretty straight forward how things are done. The H blocks having "two different distinct carving methods" is bologna, they are in two distinct stages of production and nothing more.

Reminds me of early shows of the crocodile hunter. I bettah be careful, not only am i endangering my own life but the lives of my crew as well!! Crikey!!!

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TGTcbL7OEM

If you find that entertaining check out Dr. DMT.

I'd say different tools were used, probably what he meant.

Yeah, it pretty much all sticks out to me. it screams high level mathematics and tools and tech that they should not have.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, it pretty much all sticks out to me. it screams high level mathematics and tools and tech that they should not have.
View Quote
Math has been around since ever, I dont see why they wouldn't have made some jigs to follow to do most any of their work. A Right angle here, a half circle there etc.

I think they had a good understanding of math and physics and were smart enough to work smart not hard, or at least work smart and make the slaves or grunts work hard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Math has been around since ever, I dont see why they wouldn't have made some jigs to follow to do most any of their work. A Right angle here, a half circle there etc.

I think they had a good understanding of math and physics and were smart enough to work smart not hard, or at least work smart and make the slaves or grunts work hard.
View All Quotes

yup I agree, I was thinking jigs too. Had to be. lots and lots of jigs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]

yup I agree, I was thinking jigs too. Had to be. lots and lots of jigs.
View Quote
It makes sense to me
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay lets look at Tambomachay. It seems to be completely fitted as we see in the video posted above by Rossi. You clearly see an encroachment of sediment and past damage that has been repaired as well as two very distinct types of stone work. Also parts of the superior work has been melted. Here is a good short video on the site. I do not vouch for any theory in the video besides the fact that the superior work is most likely significantly older than the renovations. I figure the water works and older work were found and attempts were made to renovate the site.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wc_geacOpE

More pictures of the melted stone. Do not vouch for the commentary. Search Tambomachay melted stone on youtube, this is the only video. Seems odd the only channels focusing on this are coming from an odd disposition. youtube is actually cracking down on the channels that make this stuff available. IMO that is bullshit, at least they are creating content that exposes people to this stuff. it also doesn't help to dispel the idea that the mainstream is covering up what they can not explain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHICpe2gaPU
View Quote
That molten stone is intriguing.  I was trying to figure out whether those "puddles" were already there and the walls built around them or they are made by part of the walls molten by some technology.

That reminded me of a Physics professor who was almost obsessed by this stuff and aliens.  Any time we wanted a break from the heavy stuff, one of is would bring some of these topics and his class would turn into a mix of geology, archaeology, extraterrestrial stuff and whatnot.

Anyway... I recall him mentioning some crazy theories about interplanetary wars and how one of the warring people established a base in a planet that now is the asteroid belt.  The ones that escaped that attack took refuge on earth but were found and chased almost to extinction.  I remember him mentioning some places where there's evidence of "high energy weapons" use that melted stone.   One is that in the Middle East that the movie shows.

Another that comes to mind is a place in Brazil called Seven Cities ( link ).  The stonework there also resembles the ones in Peru.  This professor said he was there and there are many sites where the stone was clearly melted, not sculpted.   That apart, in Seven Cities those sculpted stones were used even to build the buildings' roofs and not only the walls.

Anyway... just found this interesting.  It's also interesting that it does not appear to attract any attention and attempt of figure out what happened there, since that site does not indicate a volcano eruption, even though there are many along the Andean mountain range.

Another thing that comes to mind is, if the asteroid belt was indeed a planet and destroyed, would its destruction cause orbit shifts, hence major geological and environmental changes in the other Solar System's planets?  Could that have caused some of the big environmental changes on Earth and some of those civilizations being wiped out (collateral damage in that war)?   Those cataclysms would not have eliminated the whole human race, but would explain some holes in our History.  I know this gets weird, but if we start adding weird to weird...
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
The asteroid belt ain't a planet because Jupiter's gravity is a bad mofo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Hahaha you know it. We think we're so advanced compared to years past, maybe we just have more stuff. People probably haven't changed since the beginning.
View All Quotes

Indeed not.  If we look back into History, technology may have changed but we see that the primal human instinct, desires and needs haven't changed much, if at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Perhaps one king died and the guy who took his place was not nearly as anal retentive and said "fuck it guys, lets just get this thing finished"
View All Quotes

We are talking about many tons of rock.  A small imperfection on the ground can already be a headache when pushing a shopping cart.  Imagine a multi-ton boulder.

I don't think things changed much over there.  The whole thing is set on top of granite mountains.  Unless a massive earthquake collapsed the mountain but the wall's condition does not indicate that.

One of the movies I posted shows part of a structure that appears to be damaged by an earthquake.  However, the guy is suspicious because no other structure around shows any signs of damage.  Nonetheless, the boulders are a bit separated from each other like if that structure was shaken and part of it damaged.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls07_JPG-814931.JPG

So, it's not much like in Egypt or other locations where sand or a sedimentary terrain can shift a lot and change considerably over a few thousand years. Macho Pichu was covered in foliage but when cleaned up was "like new".

Nevertheless, it's really intriguing that they suddenly became careless about the stone fitting, mostly with the smaller ones, easier to move around and shape to fit?
Would you say that it was the same people who built this wall?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls05_JPG-814935.JPG

This one, besides the different fitting even has different color and texture.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36058/IncaWalls06_JPG-814937.JPG

So, it's not much about the "could have been done?".  It's more about "were really the same people who did it?"
That region had different tribes and nations, which most likely had different cultural tastes, beliefs and values.  They might have learned some fundamental stonework with each other and them adapted to what each of them thought was nest for them.  Some might be anal about the finishing and appearance while others only wanted the functional and "get it done".

The Incas came and dominated most of them and likely imposed their own values on them.  That might be expressed by how they built stuff and the huge quality variation in the same walls.

Nonetheless, it's quite obvious that whoever built one part wasn't who built the others.  Differences are too blatant.   How much time separates those builds remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]

That molten stone is intriguing.  I was trying to figure out whether those "puddles" were already there and the walls built around them or they are made by part of the walls molten by some technology.

That reminded me of a Physics professor who was almost obsessed by this stuff and aliens.  Any time we wanted a break from the heavy stuff, one of is would bring some of these topics and his class would turn into a mix of geology, archaeology, extraterrestrial stuff and whatnot.

Anyway... I recall him mentioning some crazy theories about interplanetary wars and how one of the warring people established a base in a planet that now is the asteroid belt.  The ones that escaped that attack took refuge on earth but were found and chased almost to extinction.  I remember him mentioning some places where there's evidence of "high energy weapons" use that melted stone.   One is that in the Middle East that the movie shows.

Another that comes to mind is a place in Brazil called Seven Cities ( link ).  The stonework there also resembles the ones in Peru.  This professor said he was there and there are many sites where the stone was clearly melted, not sculpted.   That apart, in Seven Cities those sculpted stones were used even to build the buildings' roofs and not only the walls.

Anyway... just found this interesting.  It's also interesting that it does not appear to attract any attention and attempt of figure out what happened there, since that site does not indicate a volcano eruption, even though there are many along the Andean mountain range.

Another thing that comes to mind is, if the asteroid belt was indeed a planet and destroyed, would its destruction cause orbit shifts, hence major geological and environmental changes in the other Solar System's planets?  Could that have caused some of the big environmental changes on Earth and some of those civilizations being wiped out (collateral damage in that war)?   Those cataclysms would not have eliminated the whole human race, but would explain some holes in our History.  I know this gets weird, but if we start adding weird to weird...
View Quote
In the video he talks about the melted stone not occuring as one would believe..."not being heated from above, but from below". Ahhh, isnt that where lava and magma come from, below?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#28]

You want your mind blown, check out Kuelap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1rte2FnK04
View Quote
That is incredible
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:23:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#29]
Archaeo-troofing is a pretty safe pass-time do to a lack of knowledge on the part of most people.  But really, it's no different than 9/11 or moon troofing, anti-vacciners, etc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#30]
It was a way to illustrate vey recent events we have all seen of things being torn down to get an explanation, also, it was half in jest.  Conquerors would destroy things they didn't like of whoever was conquered, forbid learning, knowledge, etc.  England banned Scot traditions as illustrated in the Documentary "Braveheart".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

That's not it, it's how that level was achieved, then apparently lost for a thousand or two years before it was figured out again.  Information and practices generally don't vanish that quickly and completely, well, unless Islam comes in and destroys all monuments and knowledge, but this is pre-Islam.
Why do you love to pick on Islam?  I guess you never heard of the Bonfire of the Vanities or the Iconoclasm (both Christians destroying things that they found offensive to their religion).  I am Christian, but I don't selectively filter history to suit my world view.
It was a way to illustrate vey recent events we have all seen of things being torn down to get an explanation, also, it was half in jest.  Conquerors would destroy things they didn't like of whoever was conquered, forbid learning, knowledge, etc.  England banned Scot traditions as illustrated in the Documentary "Braveheart".
Don't need to go very far.  In that same region (Latin America) the Catholic Church banned, destroyed and persecuted anything that would go against the natives' conversion to Catholicism.   We actually can see what level of destruction happened those people by looking at how the natives look and behave now and how they would be completely incapable of rebuilding any of those magnificent structures their ancestors did.

Conquerors showing dominance is also evidenced by the churches built on top of older structures built by the natives' ancestors.  The same the Incas did when conquering the other nations.  History repeating itself.

https://www.ancient.eu/Inca_Civilization/
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
In the video he talks about the melted stone not occuring as one would believe..."not being heated from above, but from below". Ahhh, isnt that where lava and magma come from, below?
View All Quotes

Yes.  But if that was some volcanic eruption, wouldn't the puddles be a lot larger, or at least show are many other places?  Those seem localized.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 2minkey:

No. This revisionist crap is ridiculous. The structures are dated. There is some stuff there which is pre-Inca in the deeper layers (as discovered in the 80s). The main part of the structure was clearly built during the Inca empire.
View Quote
Dated? Lol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:47:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By xeeoneyx:
Dated? Lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xeeoneyx:

No. This revisionist crap is ridiculous. The structures are dated. There is some stuff there which is pre-Inca in the deeper layers (as discovered in the 80s). The main part of the structure was clearly built during the Inca empire.
Dated? Lol.
Tell me about your background in Archaeology.

Nah, just kidding.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#35]
How is it "troofing" if nobody knows how, exactly, this stuff was done in the first place?

We only see what is there, and have several theories and stories on why, there isn't a definitive answer.  It's fun to play with ideas.

I do think that jumping on aliens or energy weapons as the reason, and only showing things that can match that theory to be the Only Possibility a bit stupid, though no more stupid than to accept what we were told in grade school about it and that nobody shall answer the questions related to things not explained by that elementary explanation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Archaeo-troofing is a pretty safe pass-time do to a lack of knowledge on the part of most people.  But really, it's no different than 9/11 or moon troofing, anti-vacciners, etc.
How is it "troofing" if nobody knows how, exactly, this stuff was done in the first place?

We only see what is there, and have several theories and stories on why, there isn't a definitive answer.  It's fun to play with ideas.

I do think that jumping on aliens or energy weapons as the reason, and only showing things that can match that theory to be the Only Possibility a bit stupid, though no more stupid than to accept what we were told in grade school about it and that nobody shall answer the questions related to things not explained by that elementary explanation.
Even nowadays the archaeologists are not completely sure about Machu Pichu's purposes and who lived there.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/archaeology-and-history/archaeology/machu-picchu-mystery/

This specific part made me LOL.  

Modern research has continued to modify, correct, and mold the legend of Machu Picchu. Research conducted by John Rowe, Richard Burger, and Lucy Salazar-Burger indicates that rather than being a defensive stronghold, Machu Picchu was a retreat built by and for the Inca ruler Pachacuti. Burger has suggested it was built for elites wanting to escape the noise and congestion of the city.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#36]
This one is dated back to 5000 years old or so.  However, the stonework does not look like as precise as the others one found in Cuzco and Machu Picho, for example.

The Caral Ruins: Explore a pre-Inca civilization

Caral (also referred to as Caral-Supe) is a stunning ancient city located in the Supe Valley of Peru. Today travelers can visit the Caral Ruins, which are believed to be the remains of one of the oldest cities in the Americas. Rewind time and the city of Caral was once a thriving metropolis for its local residents around the same time that the Egyptian pyramids were being built! Interestingly, Caral remains relatively unknown on an international level.

The Caral Ruins are located about 200 km (125 miles) north of Lima in Peru.

Paul Kosok, an American history and government professor, was one of the first to study Caral in 1948. At the time, his findings were largely ignored due to the fact that he didn’t find any typical and sought after Andean artifacts on site. Peruvian anthropologist and archaeologist, Ruth Shady, later took over the exploration of this desert city of pyramids.

The evidence collected suggests that Caral was inhabited some 5,000 years ago, between 2600 and 2000 BCE (Before the Common Era, or Before Christ). For comparative purposes, the Great Pyramid of Khufu in Egypt was built around 2600 BCE.

(more details in the link)
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Found this paper, whose authors did some thorough analysis, including microscopic, spectral, etc.  This paper's main purpose is to study the stones' glazing and what could have caused it.

The found evidence of heat applied to the stones.  Just could not exactly identify how.   They also compared the stones found in Peru against others found in several parts of the world in order to compare the glazing effects.

A few excerpts below.  I highly recommend reading the whole thing.  Great info.

The stones pictured above provoke much debate. Explanations on how they were produced vary from the use of advanced machines, simple metal or stone tools, molded stonework, concentrated sunlight and fire methods. Whilst the analysis above says little about the way the shapes were made, it does eliminate some ideas on the means of producing these exquisite finishes.

The finish on the stone sample was not the thickest, shiniest or the glassiest of the examples. However, its composition and morphology are the same as a ceramic glaze. This means that heat was somehow applied to the stone. How the heat was applied is not clear. What is clear is that an unknown technology has been used. To create ceramics on this scale, the heat production must have been greater than the normal ceramic methods.

Attachment Attached File

The most referenced work on the stonework of Peru was produced by Protzen. His work deals primarily with the carving of the stones with primitive tools. However, Protzen has looked at these effects and has suggested it could be achieved with polishing. To date, only Andesite has been attempted with very limited success. After the analysis of the surface layer above, it is clear that polishing alone will not produce the requisite heat needed to produce a ceramic glaze. This eliminates polishing as a means of creation.

The scale and form of the phenomena also precludes carving and polishing. It would take truly incredible amounts of time to produce a single vestige, let alone the thousands that dot the landscape.

Peruvian Alfredo Gamarra has identified vitrification on many stones and has argued that the ancients had a technology to treat stone with heat and that the stone was soft at the moment of construction. The comparison at the spectrum level with clay and ceramic pastes is interesting. Ceramic pastes and clay are soft prior to being treated with heat.

Conventional geological understanding is not compatible with this idea. However, the impression from the vitrified stonework is that the stone was once soft. In many of the stones, there are places where it looks as if objects or molds were pressed into the stone. The perfect fitting stones in the walls of Cusco and the other Inca vestiges could have been obtained more easily this way.

View Quote
https://grahamhancock.com/jongjp1/
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#39]

Yes.  But if that was some volcanic eruption, wouldn't the puddles be a lot larger, or at least show are many other places?  Those seem localized.
View Quote
Violent large eruptions vs. Localized oozing, we've all seen the pics and videos of very small amounts of lava trickling.

For all I know they may have built some of those structures for the purpose of containing the lava bubbling up....it kept burning their village down below?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder if they may have had access to a "pool" of lava or magma that they could dip into and create the rocks we see and think of as having been melted.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Maybe there was an easily accessible type of mineral that burned hotter than we find today, such as we use oil and gas.  All of it has been depleted, leaving sulphur remnants in some areas, and no signs in others, maybe because it wasn't looked for?    That would have allowed them to make fires hot enough to make some metal tools from ore, even melt some types of rock, or do ceramics.    When it was exhausted, they had to go back to the old and slow way of smashing, cutting, and fitting rocks.  All they were left with is the very inferior types of coal with which we use to make power, metals, and plant food.

Is that an angle anybody considered before jumping to aliens with energy weapons?
View Quote
Natural gas pockets, some vines rocks and bamboo to make a super torch? Who knows?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Oh, yeah, the Spanish did not see them do it. It must have been someone else.
View Quote
You got some Peruvian blood in you that you must defend?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Violent large eruptions vs. Localized oozing, we've all seen the pics and videos of very small amounts of lava trickling.

For all I know they may have built some of those structures for the purpose of containing the lava bubbling up....it kept burning their village down below?
View All Quotes

From that paper I posted.

On balance, it has to be admitted that a method is difficult to define. Further analysis of samples from the various locations needs to be undertaken to confirm the use of heat in all of the sites. However, the sample tested shows explicitly that the similarity to ceramic pastes is near certain. It is obvious to conclude that heat was used. The treatment method may have been similar to the technology used for ceramic pastes, only on a much larger scale. It is suggested that further investigations are carried out at the geochemical level to shed more light on what happened to these stones and what technology was used.
Just for the sake of brainstorming.  
1) if that paper is right and whoever carved those stones indeed used lots of heat - the paper's testing and reasoning seem quite correct

2) then it means that whoever carved those stones could generate lots of heat - the paper talks about a cave or big kiln.

3) the lava oozing in a few spots is possible, but there would be more than that, of course, the excess could have been removed

4) or, whatever heat generation process they used might be subject to accidents, and that might be a big oopsie?

Anyway... the paper's author seems quite certain about his tests and conclusions, and his methodology looks sound.  However, he also admits that he would need to make collect more samples from other locations and conduct more tests.  So, his conclusions are for a specific area.  Not the whole region.   So, despite a good source, it's one more.

One day we will find out.  Just need to keep our minds open.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Natural gas pockets, some vines rocks and bamboo to make a super torch? Who knows?
View Quote
I shall flesh out this theory, call it "The Super Coal Phenomenon", cherry pick sites and photos to match, and sell tens of millions of books (very easy once I get the school system to adopt it).  Thanks!
View Quote
There always be tons of opportunists trying to make a buck on anything.  Just keep your minds open.   Do not assume or let bias on the way.

Remember:  When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Maybe there was an easily accessible type of mineral that burned hotter than we find today, such as we use oil and gas.  All of it has been depleted, leaving sulphur remnants in some areas, and no signs in others, maybe because it wasn't looked for?    That would have allowed them to make fires hot enough to make some metal tools from ore, even melt some types of rock, or do ceramics.    When it was exhausted, they had to go back to the old and slow way of smashing, cutting, and fitting rocks.  All they were left with is the very inferior types of coal with which we use to make power, metals, and plant food.

Is that an angle anybody considered before jumping to aliens with energy weapons?
View Quote
Dragonfire burns hot enough... I say it’s gotta be dragons.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#47]

I shall flesh out this theory, call it "The Super Coal Phenomenon", cherry pick sites and photos to match, and sell tens of millions of books (very easy once I get the school system to adopt it).  Thanks!
View Quote
You got it!  Give me a mention in the acknowledgments.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#48]

1) if that paper is right and whoever carved those stones indeed used lots of heat - the paper's testing and reasoning seem quite correct

2) then it means that whoever carved those stones could generate lots of heat - the paper talks about a cave or big kiln.

3) the lava oozing in a few spots is possible, but there would be more than that, of course, the excess could have been removed

4) or, whatever heat generation process they used might be subject to accidents, and that might be a big oopsie?

Anyway... the paper's author seems quite certain about his tests and conclusions, and his methodology looks sound.  However, he also admits that he would need to make collect more samples from other locations and conduct more tests.  So, his conclusions are for a specific area.  Not the whole region.   So, despite a good source, it's one more.

View Quote
3)? I question that one. It has to start and stop somewhere, maybe it starts and stops at a lot of lava maybe it stops at a little. If there was only one place it was coming from it doesn't have to produce a lot of material. There are places that erupt and don't stop, some that barely trickle lava. Maybe they did have a "cave" of sorts with a standing pool of non erupting lava they used until it solidified and they got out of dodge for pissing off the Gods.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Dragonfire burns hot enough... I say it’s gotta be dragons.
View Quote
! Dragons, we all know they used to exist until those knights slayed them all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#50]
3)? I question that one. It has to start and stop somewhere, maybe it starts and stops at a lot of lava maybe it stops at a little. If there was only one place it was coming from it doesn't have to produce a lot of material. There are places that erupt and don't stop, some that barely trickle lava. Maybe they did have a "cave" of sorts with a standing pool of non erupting lava they used until it solidified and they got out of dodge for pissing off the Gods.
View All Quotes

Yeah.  I agree that one is odd.  Probabilities very low.  Yet, those two molten spots in that fountain are intriguing.  It's a pity there are no serious studies about it and possible causes for that occurrence.   It does not seem to occur anywhere else in that region.

Did you see the Seven Cities park photos?  Those structures also look odd.  I wonder if those are sculpted stone blocks assembled together or massive stone blocks that fragmented into polygonal shapes when cooling down (or whatever method or phenomenon created them).
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top