Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:17:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rossi] [#1]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Yes, there are plenty of ''rock houses" with naturally occurring flat roofs and floors.  Layer of sediment that turns into Harder stone, layer of softer stone sediment followed by another layer of harder sedimentation followed by Lithification.  After uplift, erosion removes the softer stone while leaving the harder floor and roof.  It is basically the same process that creates Hoodoos/Needles and balancing rocks.
View Quote
Originally Posted By brass:

Are there close up images of the rock underside/floor in that tunnel, along with walls?

Should be able to see texture of rock, if it is an igneous rock above it, that could have been a sand strata it sat on, which was washed away, leaving the original sand surface imprinted on the igneous rock like a mould.   If it is porous, shows tool marks, etc gives a lot of clues.

Geology does a lot of odd stuff, and straight lines do occur in granite pillars, we have them in the Black Hills all over, along with a couple man made granite megaliths that most people know about.   Going deep in on horseback/snowmobile/ATV shows a lot of pretty much undisturbed stuff since it was a sacred place for indians here.  Ocassional mine shaft opening that's collapsed 10 feet in, and odd walls of rock from the upheaval and the way it fractures, like a giant crystal.

The ones to question are the flat areas that make a right angle turn, and continue flat, something like a staircase, or chair, or rectangular box with inside hollowed out, etc.   Those cannot be natural.

Nature has straight lines.  calculating the "fractal dimension" of a photograph can pull out man made items from natural, but it's not something you'd look at and see without knowing it's there sometimes.  If you want to go all geeky about it, There's this.   It's nowhere as simple as one would think.
View Quote
Interesting paper. Thanks for it.  I wonder if they combined some other sensing imaging (e.g. IR) to that analysis the precision would increase.  After all, the man-made structures should reflect heat differently than the natural stuff around it (e.g. vegetation).

I dug around for more photos of that park, in particular that odd structure and found some more weird stuff there.  Note that I found this stuff in online family photo albums, travel agencies, etc.  Therefore, not the ideal angles and distances for very conclusive analysis.

Different angle.
Attachment Attached File

Closer
Attachment Attached File

Close shot of the "stuff" on top of those formations.  Looks naturally formed, or someone who knew how to apply a sheath of that stuff over the structures and harden it.  Color suggests basalt, but likely hardened clay.  Nevertheless this material is quite different than the one below it.   It also only appears on top of those formations, not on the ground.
Attachment Attached File

Wall with pre-historic hand print. I found this one interesting because of the wall cracks, which are very straight.  Looks natural, but still interesting how the cracks occurred and the six-finger hand.
Attachment Attached File

This one wins the prize of super-duper odd stuff.  No idea how this could have formed, yet, there it is.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The lack of carbon staining on the ceiling suggests it was not lived in IMO.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
This is interesting.  A video from another thread.  There is a theory out there that our sun goes micro-nova every 12000 years with catastrophic effects on the Earth like stripping away part of the atmosphere, boiling a lot of seawater so that it rains back down as snow, etc.  Not sure I buy into it, but the fact that it's a 12,000year cycle and 12,000 years ago we have the Younger Dryas period is interesting -- especially if it means we are now due for another micro-nova.

Earth Catastrophe Cycle | SOLAR MICRONOVA
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rossi] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
This is interesting.  A video from another thread.  There is a theory out there that our sun goes micro-nova every 12000 years with catastrophic effects on the Earth like stripping away part of the atmosphere, boiling a lot of seawater so that it rains back down as snow, etc.  Not sure I buy into it, but the fact that it's a 12,000year cycle and 12,000 years ago we have the Younger Dryas period is interesting -- especially if it means we are now due for another micro-nova.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTUJ7GtEx0Y
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Very interesting (and scary).

To make it even more interesting (and scary), the Aztecs' Five Suns legend/prophecy seems to agree with it (cyclic creation/destruction).

http://www.ancientpages.com/2018/07/18/aztecs-five-suns-creation-myth-and-prophecy/

Although the Aztecs had several creation myths, perhaps the most widely known is story of the five suns, including the Earth Sun, the Wind Sun, the Rain Sun, the Water Sun and the Earthquake Sun.

There are some similarities between Aztecs’ creation myth of the five suns and ancient Greeks myths that describe how each human race created by the gods was less advanced than the previous one. In our article about gods’ creation of five different human races we talked about how previous ancient races were doomed to be destroyed. Like many other ancient civilizations, the Aztecs saw time as a cyclical process and they were convinced that the world we live in, will eventually be destroyed, just like the previous worlds were.

(more at link)
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#7]
I dunno about the whole sunburst thing. I say that in light of this video which shows melting and heat used to fit and finish stonework in Cusco. I do not vouch for any thing this guy says other than 1)heat was used to finish and fit the stones 2)They are much older (not suggesting 12,000 years older, but much older than 600 years) than the Incan empire because you can see where the inca rebuilt them and reused the stone in inferior mortared walls.

This guy does the best videos in Peru. If anyone has better video please share them, I love seeing the ancient stonework, not just Peruvian but everywhere.

@Alacrity

Do you think they might have used some type of mixture of volcanic sulfur and other chemicals?

More Evidence That Cusco Was An Ancient Megalithic City Before The Arrival Of The Inca People
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 4:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
o
View Quote
Pyramid homie on joe rogan agrees

it also explains the people seeing the bird like gods in the sky.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#9]
More video on Kuelap from a few pages back. This place contains more cut stone than the great pyramids according to some sites I have read. Archaeologists say it was built 1400 years ago and housed 3500 people. Yup, you see they removed the top of a mountain and built a retaining wall containing more stone than the pyramids above 9000 feet, also they figured out how to treat wood to last for hundreds of years while being exposed to regular rainfall. but food rationing was not their forte, the Inca conquered them in 3 months by starving them.
Quest For The Ancient "Cloud Warrior" Fortress In The Peruvian Jungle

Kuelap, Peru & The People Of The Clouds

Video of the wooden grave makers.
Karajia Ruins, Chachapoyas Peru Drone video - Carajía Archaeology Site from Above

That beautiful Drone footage
Drone Fight over Kuélap Ruins Walled City in Chachapoyas, Peru
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:53:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By waterglass:
I dunno about the whole sunburst thing. I say that in light of this video which shows melting and heat used to fit and finish stonework in Cusco. I do not vouch for any thing this guy says other than 1)heat was used to finish and fit the stones 2)They are much older (not suggesting 12,000 years older, but much older than 600 years) than the Incan empire because you can see where the inca rebuilt them and reused the stone in inferior mortared walls.

This guy does the best videos in Peru. If anyone has better video please share them, I love seeing the ancient stonework, not just Peruvian but everywhere.

@Alacrity

Do you think they might have used some type of mixture of volcanic sulfur and other chemicals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOx-6qOKxkg
View Quote
No idea - my two misspent years on the BioChem track doesn't give me any insight either.

I've always been fascinted with the vitrified forts in Europe - and some of the vitirfied stuff we've seen here. They obviously discovered something that's been lost. Pretty simple probably, just outside our modern context.? It does happen.

There's a guy who claims the pyramid stones were cast - and also claims that unlike tests from site, he had chemical evidence.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#12]
Interesting video shows "saw marks" in stone as well as bore holes (starting at 10:55 in the video) seemingly made by a modern type of concrete bore hole bit similar to this one .

At the 6:10 minute mark in the video, they show in the Cairo Museum, some interesting "gear" looking devices suggesting that maybe they had some type of machine for what ever purpose.

Ancient Workings, Cutting, Tools, Egypt
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 5:37:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#13]
Yeah the things that look like gears are neat. They have interesting wear patterns if you look at the close ups, as if they were indeed used as gears.  what I find interesting about the box is that the folks who cut it hollowed it out before cutting the lid from the block I wonder why that did it in that order? It also looks like the blade that was cutting suddenly veered inward as if torqued, wallowing the cut and I assume breaking off the lid.

I figure that sawed basalt in the Plaza was probably strewn all over the place given the fact most of the lone pieces was shattered at some point. I wonder if archeologists tried to refit them into the platform we see back in the day. For all we know it could be the left overs of some structure scavenged from the site like the casing stones and other structures built of stones small or fancy enough to catch the later peoples eye.

Here is some more videos. I agree with the following things in this video.

1)The people who made the black box on the right were far superior stone workers. Superior in technology and skill. Note the lack of hieroglyphs on the older box. Many of the older boxes have none. I agree with him when he says similar superior stone work was scavenged and scratched on.

2)Do not agree that it had to be powertools, or that the saw had to be circular on the broken box. Though it would not surprise me if it were. The bowls were made with powertools in the sense that they were turned on a lathe before lathes or pottery were supposed to exist according to the context they were found in. The bowls are the key IMO. They could not be melted and do not rust or decay. They were bowls, They have an obvious function and they do not go out of style and are always needed. Anyone who found a bowl like that would want it long after the technology that made it was forgotten or melted down for nose rings. The bowls are like the black obelisk in 2001ASO. A monkey could find one and know it's use and value. What made it is irrelevant to the monkey.

3)The perfect circles speak for themselves. That was not a copper pipe.

More Lost Ancient High Technology Artifacts In The Cairo Museum Of Egypt

There is some amazing stone work shown in this video starting about half way through.
Exploring Ancient Rome And Enigmatic Artifacts In The Vatican Museum

Everything made of granite and quartzite that you see in this video would once have had a glasslike finish to match the pieces in the Vatican. Thousands of years of scavenging, breaking stone with fire for smaller pieces,  and lightning strikes might explain the damage, IDK.
Lost Ancient Technology Of Egypt: Tanis: Evidence Of Cataclysm
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The items shown are amazing.  Though his descriptions are FAR too expansive.  "perfectly flat - no straightedge comparison, perfect circle, same.  perfect arc, again, ditto.  There are simple tools that could be brought in to get dimensions since they could have been touched.  Sighting down the side is good.  The flat and polshed is what says the most, along with inside corners on flat sides.  He could even afford a 3D Scanner to answer "How good was it" once and for all, why isn't he?

www.amazon.com/dp/B078XPYBBPHe could get a LOT more exposure by re-phrasing - "These were certainly made on a lathe, suggestng electricity..".  Those are unknowns.  Equally astounding is "These appear to have been created with a device such as lathes, though we're unsure of the power source, the results speak for themselves".   That would make a lot of people keep listening beore he tries to dump a bunch of assumptions t you and expects you to believe them.

The linear saw marks on the large flat area - could have been done by man with pullies and an abrasive cord of some sort..    it speaks for itself that it wasn't created ith the methods they're espousing, but that leaves open dozens of other more plausible methods.

The biggest unanswered question is - What happened to those tools, techniques, ideas, information to be lost in the dynastic period?

I like the pictures of the items, nice and clear, high resolution.  We aren't told how much "restoring" was done.

I'm not in disagreement with you, I feel a change in his presentation would garner thousands more people interested in these items which we've only heard about and seen only very recently (past 300, or even 10, years).

It's very fine craftsmanship stuff to look at if you like building things.    People grinding on it for months on end could produce that result as well.

Is there an inventory of what we aren't seeing, or do the museums sort of limit knowledge of what they have available?

All but the last question could be answered by a few 3D scans of the relics, which would then show pretty clearly how they were made, instead of assuming "lots of stuff we could not match today".
View All Quotes
Yeah the things that look like gears are neat. They have interesting wear patterns if you look at the close ups, as if they were indeed used as gears.  what I find interesting about the box is that the folks who cut it hollowed it out before cutting the lid from the block I wonder why that did it in that order? It also looks like the blade that was cutting suddenly veered inward as if torqued, wallowing the cut and I assume breaking off the lid.

I figure that sawed basalt in the Plaza was probably strewn all over the place given the fact most of the lone pieces was shattered at some point. I wonder if archeologists tried to refit them into the platform we see back in the day. For all we know it could be the left overs of some structure scavenged from the site like the casing stones and other structures built of stones small or fancy enough to catch the later peoples eye.

Here is some more videos. I agree with the following things in this video.

1)The people who made the black box on the right were far superior stone workers. Superior in technology and skill. Note the lack of hieroglyphs on the older box. Many of the older boxes have none. I agree with him when he says similar superior stone work was scavenged and scratched on.

2)Do not agree that it had to be power tools, or that the saw had to be circular on the broken box. Though it would not surprise me if it were. The bowls were made with powertools in the sense that they were turned on a lathe before lathes or pottery were supposed to exist according to the context they were found in. The bowls are the key IMO. They could not be melted and do not rust or decay. They were bowls, They have an obvious function and they do not go out of style and are always needed. Anyone who found a bowl like that would want it long after the technology that made it was forgotten or melted down for nose rings. The bowls are like the black obelisk in 2001ASO. A monkey could find one and know it's use and value. What made it is irrelevant to the monkey.

3)The perfect circles speak for themselves. That was not a copper pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5MuIjK9Dc
The items shown are amazing.  Though his descriptions are FAR too expansive.  "perfectly flat - no straightedge comparison, perfect circle, same.  perfect arc, again, ditto.  There are simple tools that could be brought in to get dimensions since they could have been touched.  Sighting down the side is good.  The flat and polshed is what says the most, along with inside corners on flat sides.  He could even afford a 3D Scanner to answer "How good was it" once and for all, why isn't he?

www.amazon.com/dp/B078XPYBBPHe could get a LOT more exposure by re-phrasing - "These were certainly made on a lathe, suggestng electricity..".  Those are unknowns.  Equally astounding is "These appear to have been created with a device such as lathes, though we're unsure of the power source, the results speak for themselves".   That would make a lot of people keep listening beore he tries to dump a bunch of assumptions t you and expects you to believe them.

The linear saw marks on the large flat area - could have been done by man with pullies and an abrasive cord of some sort..    it speaks for itself that it wasn't created ith the methods they're espousing, but that leaves open dozens of other more plausible methods.

The biggest unanswered question is - What happened to those tools, techniques, ideas, information to be lost in the dynastic period?

I like the pictures of the items, nice and clear, high resolution.  We aren't told how much "restoring" was done.

I'm not in disagreement with you, I feel a change in his presentation would garner thousands more people interested in these items which we've only heard about and seen only very recently (past 300, or even 10, years).

It's very fine craftsmanship stuff to look at if you like building things.    People grinding on it for months on end could produce that result as well.

Is there an inventory of what we aren't seeing, or do the museums sort of limit knowledge of what they have available?

All but the last question could be answered by a few 3D scans of the relics, which would then show pretty clearly how they were made, instead of assuming "lots of stuff we could not match today".
Yes, Plain correct language, and precise measurements would go far to improve his videos. It would also help if he would give the correct dates and attributions of the sites and then explain why he disagrees with the date or attribution. What the modern archeological theory is and the evidence that supports it, and then offer the specific evidence that seems to  contradict current archeological theory..

that way no matter which side you are on the basics are covered. Anyone watching gets the correct archeological information and theory as well as why he questions it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEATSEAKER] [#16]
According to this man the Romans built on much older and massive megalithic structures in Lebanon just like the Incas did in SA. Giant columns made from one piece with lathe tool marks. Doorways sized for giants.

Baalbek In Lebanon: Megaliths Of The Gods Full Lecture
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
This engineer ties in lost civilizations, Ice Ages, pole shifts and the uses and ages of megalithic structures into one nifty theory of multiple poles. He asked himself the simple question: Why is there an ice sheet on Greenland, yet no other land masses in the arctic circle at that latitude do? Answer: Greenland was the north pole long ago. In fact, there were 5 north poles during man's megolithic building eras.
Interesting theory based upon mathematics.

Lost Civilizations: Greenland, the Geo Pole, and Ice Ages (Part I)
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 10:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#18]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#19]
Did some searching on the the guy who made the videos on poll/plate shift, that is the first video of a series. Interesting stuff but I have not got the time to check his work. Though if the 350 site orientations do match up, and the ice core data matches up with the orientation data, It would be  quite something coincidental or not.

My biggest issue is there are thousands if not tens of thousands of ancient structures and it would be a simple matter to cherry pick the places that confirm your theory and ignore those that don't.

Still Very interesting, I like this video.
The Secrets of Stonehenge - An Ancient Message

here is his channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9dk54Tb8DmWbh0B-h6FpA

Here is a paper written by the guy. His public name is fake, most likely to protect himself from being doxed by critics.
https://www.academia.edu/34636681/Orientation_of_Latin-American_Pyramids_and_Temples
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Brown & Root Construction Company.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]
In regard to melting rock, I've always wondered if there is a plant which could somehow burn hot enough. My grandmother says you can't burn a bunch of hedge wood because it gets hot enough to melt your stove. Apparently, this is a commonly held belief, if not fact. If you can melt iron with it, why not some rocks? I don't know.

https://www.firewood-for-life.com/osage-orange-firewood.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#23]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Could the localized deformation be from non-thermal means?  Someone spill the rock softener(tm)?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Loremsk:
Could the localized deformation be from non-thermal means?  Someone spill the rock softener(tm)?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
The Nephilim might have gotten a little too drunk at times and puked on those rocks. Hydrochloric stomach acid x 10.

I'm still thinking is was done with intense heat:

Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

The Nephilim might have gotten a little too drunk at times and puked on those rocks. Hydrochloric stomach acid x 10.

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/priestleylavoisier112-111015170215-phpapp02/95/priestley-lavoisier-112-43-728.jpg?cb=1318698349
View Quote
Solar furnace hypothesis.  Novel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/priestleylavoisier112-111015170215-phpapp02/95/priestley-lavoisier-112-43-728.jpg?cb=1318698349
It would be the acme of foolishness to ask if a lens like that could be made of ice, but could a lens like that be made of ice?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#31]

It would be the acme of foolishness to ask if a lens like that could be made of ice, but could a lens like that be made of ice?
View Quote
Easier to make an array of silver or gold mirrors reflecting to single point.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:18:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#32]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#33]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt3c8hjDnKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt3c8hjDnKk

Refrigeration, on the other hand...  They had electricity!!  
View All Quotes

Glacier ice, snow packed coolers, winter time.

I wonder if you could magnify and focus a beam with an array of ice lenses and shiny shields? I kinda doubt they melted stone that way, but they appeared to be some determined people. As the fellow above suggested with the stone softening plants, I think chemistry is the answer.

But lets not sell Archimedes short either.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Cave Mexicans
View Quote
I laughed so hard I woke up my Wife.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:52:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#36]
How do we know of Archimedes?  The Greek Gods?  Everything prior to the printing press?

On hieroglyphs and tablets.   What would have been important enough to painstakingly inscribe for millennia?  Who decided what would be preserved?

How about a civilization who taught science by demonstration and common sense, they'd not bother to write down "the obvious", so they didn't inscribe the construction methods used for everything from the pyramids around the globe to the Pantheon, we only have decent guesses as to exactly why.   It was only recently discovered why the Roman concrete was so durable, for example.

We've lost a lot of wisdom and "doing things", and losing more each generation already.  Then, boom, asteroid hits, we're all under a mile of new continent 400,000 years from now, and our souls will be arguing about the pyramids or some other tectonically stable region that wasn't destroyed by the impact.

Cycles.  Dragons.  Time Machines.  Ingenuity forgotten makes more sense to me, ,there's just little evidence of it beyond the results.   The quarries seen show that many of the large stones were still cut by hand with no magic, they wouldn't have employed the magic only for fitting.   Well, except a couple where the lines are awfully straight and square while still in ground without much room for pulleys, but we don't know when those were created beyond assumptions, guesses, and sketchy oral history.   The oral history we don't hear a lot of because "it doesn't match what we see", so it's not fully translated.

The "Real Archeologists" only pop their heads out to say how wrong somebody is, without ever making all new findings and full analysis public.   Some big sites end up in the news, but try to get more detail on recent things and it's a paywall/school/restricted info site.   They also don't answer many of the VALID questions about their published history.

This is why I gave up on 'official archaeology' after a short glimpse into it a while back, it's like the climate science groups, questions aren't allowed.  The ones on YouTube are scoffed away from "Real Archaeologists" cutting them out of the loop on some things (some obvious, some went further to get an audience).   It's not an open info group like metalworking, electronics, chemistry, physics, etc.  Sites need an "authorized" person to view and study, without requirements other than 'who vouched for you' kind of club.

I wish Indiana Jones would pop in here and tell us how it all really went down.

Yes, my tongue was partially planted against cheek for some of the above, but not all of it.
View All Quotes

Glacier ice, snow packed coolers, winter time.

I wonder if you could magnify and focus a beam with an array of ice lenses and shiny shields? I kinda doubt they melted stone that way, but they appeared to be some determined people. As the fellow above suggested with the stone softening plants, I think chemistry is the answer.

But lets not sell Archimedes short either.
How do we know of Archimedes?  The Greek Gods?  Everything prior to the printing press?

On hieroglyphs and tablets.   What would have been important enough to painstakingly inscribe for millennia?  Who decided what would be preserved?

How about a civilization who taught science by demonstration and common sense, they'd not bother to write down "the obvious", so they didn't inscribe the construction methods used for everything from the pyramids around the globe to the Pantheon, we only have decent guesses as to exactly why.   It was only recently discovered why the Roman concrete was so durable, for example.

We've lost a lot of wisdom and "doing things", and losing more each generation already.  Then, boom, asteroid hits, we're all under a mile of new continent 400,000 years from now, and our souls will be arguing about the pyramids or some other tectonically stable region that wasn't destroyed by the impact.

Cycles.  Dragons.  Time Machines.  Ingenuity forgotten makes more sense to me, ,there's just little evidence of it beyond the results.   The quarries seen show that many of the large stones were still cut by hand with no magic, they wouldn't have employed the magic only for fitting.   Well, except a couple where the lines are awfully straight and square while still in ground without much room for pulleys, but we don't know when those were created beyond assumptions, guesses, and sketchy oral history.   The oral history we don't hear a lot of because "it doesn't match what we see", so it's not fully translated.

The "Real Archeologists" only pop their heads out to say how wrong somebody is, without ever making all new findings and full analysis public.   Some big sites end up in the news, but try to get more detail on recent things and it's a paywall/school/restricted info site.   They also don't answer many of the VALID questions about their published history.

This is why I gave up on 'official archaeology' after a short glimpse into it a while back, it's like the climate science groups, questions aren't allowed.  The ones on YouTube are scoffed away from "Real Archaeologists" cutting them out of the loop on some things (some obvious, some went further to get an audience).   It's not an open info group like metalworking, electronics, chemistry, physics, etc.  Sites need an "authorized" person to view and study, without requirements other than 'who vouched for you' kind of club.

I wish Indiana Jones would pop in here and tell us how it all really went down.

Yes, my tongue was partially planted against cheek for some of the above, but not all of it.
Yeah I really pissed a guy off when I pointed out Greek culture and technology predates the greeks, and that they conquered the people who created it so well that no one can read their written language, or even know much about the Hellenic era or Roman times. Seems odd the biggest extant stone built roman structures aren't in Rome and many other things.

Chances are if the legacy of people like the creators of the culture of the people we style ourselves after can be written out of history, anything can be lost between the cracks.

I mean the plaster of renaissance was made by burning the marble statues and building facades carted from Roman era ruins. At least well intentioned archeologists have an honest reverence for what is left.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:02:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#37]
I'll hit his argument against a lathe with "many tangents" using a rope of a constant length and a bounding box.  I'm sure that technology was within their reach (rope, 2 points = straight line).

Math proof

3D Visual version, imagine blue lines as rope, intersection is a circle.  2 D land is just a bunch of ropes on ground - touches rock, rock needs cutting.  Doesn't touch rock, don't cut it.  Pause at t=1.5-2.0, See axis at z=0 (vertical center) raise hyperboloid along length of rock to create cylinder instead of circle, or tighten with height to create sphere.

https://i.imgur.com/NB36NYN.gif

Lathes just make it easier by rotating the work instead of the tool.

Though the pictures and facts they exist as they do is still amazing.

Thing about what we are actually taught and gain by osmosis ->  Human History:   Cavemen -> Pyramids -> Rome -> Europe -> Middle/Dark Ages -> Present

There are several gaps of who knows how long prior to the last 2500 or so.  Oral histories are sketchy, and even today, if all media were wiped out, there'd be a million different 'versions' of oral histories to compile into "What happened" and few would agree.    We don't even know how large those gaps in knowledge are.   There is little to argue against the world at 1800s tech level when an asteroid hit and rearranged things.  The only archeological digs are found where things are noticed above the surface, and who knows how many have been built atop others.   We know more about space than the content of 70%+ of Earth.

I'm not saying humans populated the earth at 1800s tech level until an Asteroid hit, but there's not much to prove against that idea, either.   The theories of "aliens did it" is a bit far.   Maybe it IS cyclic, and each time we "reboot", we get a little further, as Buddhists believe.
View All Quotes
According to this man the Romans built on much older and massive megalithic structures in Lebanon just like the Incas did in SA. Giant columns made from one piece with lathe tool marks. Doorways sized for giants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NC6vb87nsc
I'll hit his argument against a lathe with "many tangents" using a rope of a constant length and a bounding box.  I'm sure that technology was within their reach (rope, 2 points = straight line).

Math proof

3D Visual version, imagine blue lines as rope, intersection is a circle.  2 D land is just a bunch of ropes on ground - touches rock, rock needs cutting.  Doesn't touch rock, don't cut it.  Pause at t=1.5-2.0, See axis at z=0 (vertical center) raise hyperboloid along length of rock to create cylinder instead of circle, or tighten with height to create sphere.

Thing about what we are actually taught and gain by osmosis ->  Human History:   Cavemen -> Pyramids -> Rome -> Europe -> Middle/Dark Ages -> Present

There are several gaps of who knows how long prior to the last 2500 or so.  Oral histories are sketchy, and even today, if all media were wiped out, there'd be a million different 'versions' of oral histories to compile into "What happened" and few would agree.    We don't even know how large those gaps in knowledge are.   There is little to argue against the world at 1800s tech level when an asteroid hit and rearranged things.  The only archeological digs are found where things are noticed above the surface, and who knows how many have been built atop others.   We know more about space than the content of 70%+ of Earth.

I'm not saying humans populated the earth at 1800s tech level until an Asteroid hit, but there's not much to prove against that idea, either.   The theories of "aliens did it" is a bit far.   Maybe it IS cyclic, and each time we "reboot", we get a little further, as Buddhists believe.
I agree with all of that, including the possibility of technology once being that advanced. As to lathed super hard stone though, it keeps turning up, check this out.

https://phys.org/news/2011-12-oldest-obsidian-bracelet-reveals-amazing.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Interesting video on the mathematics the stone masons of Egypt used.
Advanced Engineering in Ancient Egypt with Chris Dunn
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#39]
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#40]

I agree with all of that, including the possibility of technology once being that advance. As to lathed super hard stone though, it keeps turning up, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_um2tJ2vdLI

View Quote
I am curious as to how that they determined its age at 9500.

I would guess that it predates the cataclysm 12,000 years ago that wiped out the people with the know how to make these objects.

I believe that the succeeding people were less knowledgeable and they were the so called "hunter gathers".

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:

I am curious as to how that they determined its age at 9500.

I would guess that it predates the cataclysm 12,000 years ago that wiped out the people with the know how to make these objects.

I believe that the succeeding people were less knowledgeable and they were the so called "hunter gathers".

View Quote
Probably found with carbon datable artifacts from that time period. Could have been made much, much earlier and later found by the hunter/gatherers who traded it around for thousands of years without a clue on its origins or how to replicate its manufacture. Just like the Coke bottle in "The Gods Must Be Crazy" would have future Archaeologists scratching their heads wondering how a primitive tribe could create such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#43]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 7:57:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#45]
Here are a few more interesting little known prehistoric engineering marvels That I find incredible.

First up  The well of Santa Cristina, located in Sardinia. Archeology credits this, along with more than 10,000 other ancient structures in Sardinia to the Nuragic civilization. they give the well a date of 3000 years. The Nuragic civilization is said to have existed from 3900 to 2300 years ago. The well is designed to capture the lunar standstill, a once every 18 odd year lunar cycle, and the people who made it were not supposed to have a written language or mathematics according to the archeologists. Considering the well is below the water table, that complicates its construction.

Good video is hard to find, don't vouch for this guys theories. Skip to 10 minutes to see the well, or watch from the start to get an idea of what archeology is claiming to be the work of the same people.
High Technology in Ancient Sardinia | Santa Cristina Holy Well & Nuragic Village | Megalithomania

Information is sparse on that well, and on that civilization in general. here is a wiki on this type of structure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_holy_well

Polygonal walls in Italy. Said to be 2700 years old. Again, it looks like these were built to withstand earth quakes.
Polygonal Walls of the Giants in Ancient Italy | Alatri Megalithic Acropolis | Megalithomania

This fellow pushes back the date of this type of construction in the area to 4000+ years ago.
Gary Biltcliffe: The Etruscan Legacy and Megalithic Achievements of Italy FULL LECTURE
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Here are a few more interesting little known prehistoric engineering marvels That I find incredible.

First up  The well of Santa Cristina, located in Sardinia. Archeology credits this, along with more than 10,000 other ancient structures in Sardinia to the Nuragic civilization. they give the well a date of 3000 years. The Nuragic civilization is said to have existed from 3900 to 2300 years ago. The well is designed to capture the lunar standstill, a once every 18 odd year lunar cycle, and the people who made it were not supposed to have a written language or mathematics according to the archeologists. Considering the well is below the water table, that complicates its construction.

Good video is hard to find, don't vouch for this guys theories. Skip to 10 minutes to see the well, or watch from the start to get an idea of what archeology is claiming to be the work of the same people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpeO1l7mXk

Information is sparse on that well, and on that civilization in general. here is a wiki on this type of structure.

Polygonal walls in Italy. Said to be 2700 years old. Again, it looks like these were built to withstand earth quakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-QbC_vZr88

This fellow pushes back the date of this type of construction in the area to 4000+ years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPCAbIk_y60
View Quote
The construction of that well in that first video is amazing. Complicated angles and a staircase on the ceiling that mirrors the one below. I'm thinking it was made more for ceremonial reasons than as a source of water although I'm sure it served both purposes. Might of had to toss in a few coins or gems once in a while as an offering to the water gods so they keep it full of water. Like an ancient wishing well. Wonder how deep the water is and if anyone has ever skimmed the bottom in search of artifacts?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#47]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:04:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#48]
The construction of that well in that first video is amazing. Complicated angles and a staircase on the ceiling that mirrors the one below. I'm thinking it was made more for ceremonial reasons than as a source of water although I'm sure it served both purposes. Might of had to toss in a few coins or gems once in a while as an offering to the water gods so they keep it full of water. Like an ancient wishing well. Wonder how deep the water is and if anyone has ever skimmed the bottom in search of artifacts?
View All Quotes

when the full moon is centered in the aperture the inside gets super bright for a few minutes. during the lunar stand still it stays lit up for quite some time. I saw a video taken during an alignment inside the well and it is crazy bright. I saw it last night but I can't find it now. The steps also act as a means to observe the solstices. They could also observe the moons effects on the water table. But yes, I am sure they used it to play on the superstitious.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:49:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#49]
This is the issue I see, blurted out.

The only written information there comes from classical literature of the Greeks and Romans, and may be considered more mythological than historical.[10]

ALL of it may be "considered" as allegorical, myth, oral history, embellished history, etc.

However, they throw out anything not fitting what they 'know', even though it conflicts directly with what they're looking at, because they don't understand the links between that and the parts of the site that were A) Found B) survived this long, so it's a mythology.

Very cool links, Thanks!   I like looking at the stuff and thinking how I'd do it without modern tools, then I look at their explanations, and it would seem many who wrote the papers have never actually built anything, just had other people do it while they didn't even watch.  Huge assumptions about math/geometric rules/tools are missing because they didn't survive this long, or weren't found.  Carbon dating is the final word in their mind. They can't be happy with including all the info and mentioning the one that makes the most sense to them, they only include the info they like and tell their version of 'history'.

That happens everywhere from news to history to fake news to 'victors write the history books' to philsophy.   Keep an open mind, look at all sides and possibilities.   The structures and artifacts are there, in that place.  How was it done?   Jumping to Aliens did is a fancier way saying "I never thought about it, but they couldn't have done it".

Knowledge, methods, etc.  Like the guy that built the huge "Coral Castle" in FL using giant stones that pivot freely, needing no assistance, and never told anybody how he did it, even after he died it's not known entirely.
View All Quotes

This is the issue I see, blurted out.

The only written information there comes from classical literature of the Greeks and Romans, and may be considered more mythological than historical.[10]

ALL of it may be "considered" as allegorical, myth, oral history, embellished history, etc.

However, they throw out anything not fitting what they 'know', even though it conflicts directly with what they're looking at, because they don't understand the links between that and the parts of the site that were A) Found B) survived this long, so it's a mythology.

Very cool links, Thanks!   I like looking at the stuff and thinking how I'd do it without modern tools, then I look at their explanations, and it would seem many who wrote the papers have never actually built anything, just had other people do it while they didn't even watch.  Huge assumptions about math/geometric rules/tools are missing because they didn't survive this long, or weren't found.  Carbon dating is the final word in their mind. They can't be happy with including all the info and mentioning the one that makes the most sense to them, they only include the info they like and tell their version of 'history'.

That happens everywhere from news to history to fake news to 'victors write the history books' to philsophy.   Keep an open mind, look at all sides and possibilities.   The structures and artifacts are there, in that place.  How was it done?   Jumping to Aliens did is a fancier way saying "I never thought about it, but they couldn't have done it".

Knowledge, methods, etc.  Like the guy that built the huge "Coral Castle" in FL using giant stones that pivot freely, needing no assistance, and never told anybody how he did it, even after he died it's not known entirely.
It is human nature to exclude information that doesn't fit the pattern they have already decided on.

When the Romans said giants built the stuff, it follows that the stuff was built in prehistory. it is also quite something that the romans couldn't replicate it and considered it to be the result of the supernatural.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:24:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#50]
That looks like two spinning items from striations.

Like a tailstock grinder for a lathe, but a little less power.    Put the obsidian on a shaft that can rotate, get your rounded coarse rock on another shaft that can rotate and swivel a bit.   I'm sure they had those things, they'd have gotten tired of hand grinding everything into round circles and invent one if they didn't.   Could even be foot pedal powered made from timber and rock alone, which I've seen re-creations of that are pretty cool.

So anyway, you hold the bracelet on a shaft while spinning the grindstone, and slowly rotate the obsidian onto the grinder while both are spinning.   Obsidian can't be cut, like most rock.  It can only be abraded away, which is a way of cutting.    I mean not cut like metal can by shaving, it needs to be abraded to powder like a grinder rather than a cutting tool like a lathe single point.

Had one of these from my Grandpa growing up, it was a 30"+ diameter rock on a shaft, and two foot levers to push alternately to spin the thing, used it to sharpen lawnmower blades and grind nails into nothing for fun.

https://i.imgur.com/XAB7sYG.jpg

Idea is put the obsidian on a "arm" and have it also spinning on a shaft, maybe one foot for the grindstone, one for the obsidian shaft, which could pivot in and out only a couple inches.   Then grind away.

Picture another little arm sticking up that swings toward the grindstone in that photo on the 'user side', with another lever or spin-string to keep it rotating.

That, and "form cut" grindstones for different tasks, would explain the High Polish seen on granite carved "pottery" from the period that wasn't cast clay/baked.  It's actual granite in bowls and spheres.  All of that could be done with what I describe above.

One grindstone for flats, one for Vee cuts, and one for a 4" radius, when those are combined, a pretty huge number of variations can be made.   A mobile form of this could be used to make some of the smooth stone we see, but the largest don't show signs of grinding, unless they had developed surface grinders comparable to 1950s tech (0.0005" accuracy, vs 0.002" for off a mill assembly line)   Today tolerances are often ±0.003 to ±0.0005 or even smaller, and equipment is capable of that in a mass scale, rather than limted to dedicated careful craftsman doing it.  Self correcting CNC machines that account for tool wear, machine vision and measurement, all of parts of The Stuff that maeks engines today last forever compared to 30 years ago.

They're still very basic, a lathe spins the work into a precisely positioned cutting/grinding tool, while a mill spins the cutting/grinding tool into a precision fixed workpiece.   No different than a dremel at heart, just with far higher precision movement.

I found a picture, but this surface grinder is used to make Very Flat items, but NOT as flat as what we are seeing (well, what they are claiming, and the sheer size/scale).  When you see "precision ground tool faces" and such, it's because it was run through one of these to get a nice finish as well as exact final dimensions.  It's just a Good grind stone on tight precision bearings with an X-Y-Z table   with a magentic clamp under it, it makes stuff flat.   Wish I had one.

https://i.imgur.com/iSHqjBG.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NC6vb87nsc

Math proof

I agree with all of that, including the possibility of technology once being that advance. As to lathed super hard stone though, it keeps turning up, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_um2tJ2vdLI

That looks like two spinning items from striations.

Like a tailstock grinder for a lathe, but a little less power.    Put the obsidian on a shaft that can rotate, get your rounded coarse rock on another shaft that can rotate and swivel a bit.   I'm sure they had those things, they'd have gotten tired of hand grinding everything into round circles and invent one if they didn't.   Could even be foot pedal powered made from timber and rock alone, which I've seen re-creations of that are pretty cool.

So anyway, you hold the bracelet on a shaft while spinning the grindstone, and slowly rotate the obsidian onto the grinder while both are spinning.   Obsidian can't be cut, like most rock.  It can only be abraded away, which is a way of cutting.    I mean not cut like metal can by shaving, it needs to be abraded to powder like a grinder rather than a cutting tool like a lathe single point.

Had one of these from my Grandpa growing up, it was a 30"+ diameter rock on a shaft, and two foot levers to push alternately to spin the thing, used it to sharpen lawnmower blades and grind nails into nothing for fun.

https://i.imgur.com/XAB7sYG.jpg

Idea is put the obsidian on a "arm" and have it also spinning on a shaft, maybe one foot for the grindstone, one for the obsidian shaft, which could pivot in and out only a couple inches.   Then grind away.

Picture another little arm sticking up that swings toward the grindstone in that photo on the 'user side', with another lever or spin-string to keep it rotating.

That, and "form cut" grindstones for different tasks, would explain the High Polish seen on granite carved "pottery" from the period that wasn't cast clay/baked.  It's actual granite in bowls and spheres.  All of that could be done with what I describe above.

One grindstone for flats, one for Vee cuts, and one for a 4" radius, when those are combined, a pretty huge number of variations can be made.   A mobile form of this could be used to make some of the smooth stone we see, but the largest don't show signs of grinding, unless they had developed surface grinders comparable to 1950s tech (0.0005" accuracy, vs 0.002" for off a mill assembly line)   Today tolerances are often ±0.003 to ±0.0005 or even smaller, and equipment is capable of that in a mass scale, rather than limted to dedicated careful craftsman doing it.  Self correcting CNC machines that account for tool wear, machine vision and measurement, all of parts of The Stuff that maeks engines today last forever compared to 30 years ago.

They're still very basic, a lathe spins the work into a precisely positioned cutting/grinding tool, while a mill spins the cutting/grinding tool into a precision fixed workpiece.   No different than a dremel at heart, just with far higher precision movement.

I found a picture, but this surface grinder is used to make Very Flat items, but NOT as flat as what we are seeing (well, what they are claiming, and the sheer size/scale).  When you see "precision ground tool faces" and such, it's because it was run through one of these to get a nice finish as well as exact final dimensions.  It's just a Good grind stone on tight precision bearings with an X-Y-Z table   with a magentic clamp under it, it makes stuff flat.   Wish I had one.

https://i.imgur.com/iSHqjBG.jpg
Not saying this is how it was done but:

Imagine what you could do with something like this.

Home built Aeolipile Hero steam engine running.

and this, protip, mute this, the music is bad and the demonstration is visual.

Make Non Stop Heron’s Fountain With Plastic Bottle

plus gears and timed chains.

If you had copper, you could make some stuff that explains everything except the material of the cutting devices.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top