BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m expecting a similar price for an FX4 Ranger. I intend to buy one, and the A plan just makes it more appealing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A fully loaded Colorado is like $35k. .
Lol, you're not even close

$53,375 Colorado
I’m seeing $36,590 without a bunch of BS accessories added to it.
Same
I’m expecting a similar price for an FX4 Ranger. I intend to buy one, and the A plan just makes it more appealing.
I'd take an FX4 as well.

It would fit my needs perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IMO, fully loaded means top trim with all possible packages.

Not a bunch of accessories you can buy from the dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado
Did you miss the "fully loaded" part?

Or do you need what "fully loaded" means explained to you?

This.

Nobody buys all that junk and trying to add it in is misleading.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado

This.

I've never heard anyone say "Sweet, I got the one with a cupholder ashtray and license plate frame."
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado

And a Crew Cab 4wd with the highest trim level and diesel engine without any other options starts at $46,495.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Putting fresh tensioners in it at 100k takes all of 2 hours. I’m on my third 4.0L manual trans ranger. The last two did well over 200k and were still running fine when I sold them. The current just hit 149k and also runs great. Timing chain failures are so rare that it’s not even worth worrying about. I’m not seeing how that design flaw makes it the “biggest mistake Ford ever put out.”  When the motor craps out on this one I’m putting a 5.0 in it and leaving it as a beater truck.
View Quote
So you changed two out of the three tensioners then, the right bank chain has one on the rear of the engine.  The 4.0's became so problematic at work, we just started scrapping the trucks out for used 2.3l and 3.0l Rangers, new F150's, and new Colorado's.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My predictions on the "new" Ranger....

50/50 if they make a regular cab at all. If they do, I'm betting you will only be able to get it in the XL configuration with the smallest motor....think fleet vehicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they only offer full four doors in addition to the regular cab. Why make a super cab when the full four door is available? The only change to this would be if they decide to not make a regular cab at all. If they go that route, they would almost have to make an extended cab to provide for the fleet/government bids.

Base motor will probably be the 3.3 non-turbo v-6. More than enough for this size truck.

If they make the mini raptor here it will probably have the 2.7 from the F-150(325 horse power).

I doubt they will make a diesel. No need with the eco-boost motors.

No manual transmission. No one buys them. Those of you saying you want one are literally less than 1% of the market. No one can drive them any more and even those people that puff their chest out about it don't want it once they drive one of the new automatics. We had customers here that swore they were done buying fords if they took the stick shift option away from the F-150. Guess what they are driving now. Automatic F-150s.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a 2007 Ranger, plain Jane with manual windows and locks. I traded it in 2012, my wife wanted me to get another truck because we are working on our house etc. I’ve bought Ford since 2001 and wound up getting a 17 Frontier SV. It wasn’t cheap, I don’t like to pay of $25k for a car (I pretty much hate driving at this point).

Anyway if Ford hadn’t killed off the ranger i would have bought my 7th Ford. I picked Nissan because of the size and that it wasn’t a Chevy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had a 2007 Ranger, plain Jane with manual windows and locks. I traded it in 2012, my wife wanted me to get another truck because we are working on our house etc. I’ve bought Ford since 2001 and wound up getting a 17 Frontier SV. It wasn’t cheap, I don’t like to pay of $25k for a car (I pretty much hate driving at this point).

Anyway if Ford hadn’t killed off the ranger i would have bought my 7th Ford. I picked Nissan because of the size and that it wasn’t a Chevy.
View Quote
I have an 07 Ranger XLT right now...still in great shape and runs perfect. I've been looking at replacing it. I have looked at all there is available in that class of truck, I don't like the Tacoma, the Chevy is damned near full size, the Dakota is a Dodge., Ford is screwing up the Ranger......so it looks like the Nissan Frontier is it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
They just need to make ANA Ranger.

Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Ford has gone full retard with their truck prices, and so has Jeep with the Wrangler.
If they by some miracle charge for a Ranger competitively with the Tacoma, it's got a chance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And a Crew Cab 4wd with the highest trim level and diesel engine without any other options starts at $46,495.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Untitled-414770.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Untitled-414770.JPG
Yup the one I linked earlier had no accessories. You can’t get anywhere near 35k
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ford has gone full retard with their truck prices, and so has Jeep with the Wrangler.
If they by some miracle charge for a Ranger competitively with the Tacoma, it's got a chance.
View Quote
Ford sells a million trucks a year so obviously they aren’t overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado
Diesel 4x4 with some luxury options, aka loaded, makes it $53k
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$53,375 Colorado

Yep, over 53k for s loaded-diesel 4x4
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait for my pile of money to come in first.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Diesel 4x4 with some luxury options, aka loaded, makes it $53k
View Quote
No care about diesel. Wouldn't buy a Chevy anyway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish Ford would allow a photo of the Bronco to be leaked.

I passed a new Dodge Ram (2019?) 2500 or 3500 last week in full camo doing cold weather testing.  I wasn't able to get a pic because it was night time and we were on a dark hwy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a strange autocorrect spelling for Frontier...

Around here I'm seeing entry level prices on a basic I4 Frontier around $18k or so...and Tacos are at least $6k more. If the Ranger has decent appearance and specs, and can at least split the difference between the two, I might go buy one.

If it's entry level pricing is pushing up towards 30k like the 150, then I guess it's time to go to Toyota.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That looks very unoriginal

Looks like a clone of the new colorado
View Quote
It's basically just the global Ranger which has been sold for decades outside of the U.S. market.

The Colorado is actually a rip off of the Ranger.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No not at all...... in other news ford now offers 84 month and a whopping 96 month finance options.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I don’t understand this place’s obsession with manual transmissions. I drive one everyday and I like my little truck (‘94 Nissan D21) but if I had a choice it would be an automatic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Some of use actually LIKE a small pick up and not a  bloated "mid" size which is just a little less that what a full size just a few decades ago.

I will keep my 02 Ranger basic pick up (no power windows or mirrors...or cruise.) Untill the fucking wheels fall off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yup the one I linked earlier had no accessories. You can't get anywhere near 35k
View Quote
I just priced a Z71 with everything except navigation (people still buy the factory navigation?!) for $37,395.  I didn't include all the junk the site had that the finance guy would try to up-sell you on.

Using the ZR2 as representative of Colorado pricing is like using the Raptor as representative of F150 pricing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#24]
So for about the same price as a full size truck one can buy a smaller less capable mid size with little real world fuel savings.  But hey it's cute and has back up parking assist for emasculated hipsters picking up growlers of beer at whole foods.

Where do I sign up for that

Then again look at what women have done for Jeep.
They are cranking out 50k NA V6 4 door supermarket battle wagons.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just priced a Z71 with everything except navigation (people still buy the factory navigation?!) for $37,395.  I didn't include all the junk the site had that the finance guy would try to up-sell you on.

Using the ZR2 as representative of Colorado pricing is like using the Raptor as representative of F150 pricing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup the one I linked earlier had no accessories. You can't get anywhere near 35k

A loaded Colorado would be a ZR2 Diesel 4x4 with navigation, bose sound system, leather interior, ect...

And it will run you over $53K
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got an email. Job #1 is scheduled for Nov. 26th with first units arriving sometime in early January. So now only a year of listening to people bitch about it left.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just got an email. Job #1 is scheduled for Nov. 26th with first units arriving sometime in early January. So now only a year of listening to people bitch about it left.
View Quote
Any pictures in the email?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Any pictures in the email?
View Quote
Just the stock photo. Black one that has been out for a while.

Word is the they are going to reveal it at the Detroit auto show this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So you changed two out of the three tensioners then, the right bank chain has one on the rear of the engine.  The 4.0's became so problematic at work, we just started scrapping the trucks out for used 2.3l and 3.0l Rangers, new F150's, and new Colorado's.
View Quote
Meh....no care. I’m on my third and over 400k in Rangers with the 4.0L. Take care of it and it’s a great truck. Especially for what you can pick them up for. My buddy just got one for $3400 with a 4.0, Auto Trans, and extended cab in great shape with 107k on the clock. Tell me where else you can do similar in a known reliable truck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just the stock photo. Black one that has been out for a while.

Word is the they are going to reveal it at the Detroit auto show this weekend.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
3.2 liter turbo diesel would be pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Since I haul a lot of medium to light weight stuff, this would be the one I would actually need to do what I need a truck to do.

Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Since I haul a lot of medium to light weight stuff, this would be the one I would actually need to do what I need a truck to do.

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/FORD-Ranger-Regular-Cab-5702_4.jpg
View Quote
I’d drive it. Better yet the supercab version with a real bed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/FORD-Ranger-Regular-Cab-5702_4.jpg
I agree, I have yet to see a picture of the supercab version with a real bed, this is the closest I have found, and it is with the shorter bed.  If it came down to bed size, based on my needs, I would chose the longer bed over the bigger cab, but obviously except for fleet work, I'm the very small minority of truck owners anymore.  My current ride is a 2009 F-150 XLT 4X4 with standard cab and 8' box, which is as rare as chicken teeth in XLT trim and 4X4 configuration.

Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Damn that thing looks huge.
View Quote
Wait until you see the front. It has the same grill as the F150.
They have one out at DANA corp. for testing axles. Aside from the 9" high RANGER letters on the tailgate you can't tell them apart
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I agree, I have yet to see a picture of the supercab version with a real bed, this is the closest I have found, and it is with the shorter bed.  If it came down to bed size, based on my needs, I would chose the longer bed over the bigger cab, but obviously except for fleet work, I'm the very small minority of truck owners anymore.  My current ride is a 2009 F-150 XLT 4X4 with standard cab and 8' box, which is as rare as chicken teeth in XLT trim and 4X4 configuration.

http://www.tfltruck.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ford-ranger-long-bed-extended-cab-1024x706.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.tfltruck.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ford-ranger-long-bed-extended-cab-1024x706.jpeg
At least it's not the 4' bed I see everywhere else. You might be able to fit a decent motorcycle in there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They have one out at DANA corp. for testing axles. Aside from the 9" high RANGER letters on the tailgate you can't tell them apart
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figures. Ford isn't about to introduce a true mini pickup just so it can cannibalize on their highly profitable F-150 market.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The 'new and improved' Explorer Sport Trac.

It would be nice to be able to buy an actual compact pickup.
View Quote
I would probably be in a Sport Trac if they weren't discountinued. I'm not necessarily looking for a small truck, but a new Explorer Sport Trac is of interest to me. Just not at used Porsche pricing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I saw one today down the street in the driveway of a neighbor of mine. It was the 4 door version (super cab?). I thought it looked great, had some kind of air deflector thingy or scoop extended out the back of the cab on top.  License plates were from Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#40]
The way the Ranger is shaping up to be, I have a feeling the Bronco is going to be gayer than gay.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
had a 2000 ranger auto 3.0 factory lifted 4x2 standard cab. what a flaming pile of shit.

Will not buy again. ford cant make a transmission to save their fucking life. and most of their engines are laughably underpowered compared to the rest of the industry. my 3.0 V6 had 150 HP how is that even possible?
View Quote
lol

I must be missing something here, is it still the year 2000?  You're seriously trying to tell us how current Ford vehicles compare to the rest of the market, by using your 18 year old pickup as an example?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Too big.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because the engine was introduced in 1986 and hardly changed?

Comparing your truck to this is just plain ignorance.
View Quote
It's slappomatt, best to just ignore him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Will probably trade my Canyon in on one if I can get an ecoboost and and decent interior.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A little truck to do truck stuff, but just enough truck stuff that you can't do with a car/suv but don't need a full size truck for?
View Quote
I'll always have a soft spot for the old Ranchero / El Camino models. A decent daily commuter that you can haul a couch or refrigerator with once every few years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll always have a soft spot for the old Ranchero / El Camino models. A decent daily commuter that you can haul a couch or refrigerator with once every few years.
View Quote
We would have gotten this in 2010 if Pontiac hadn't folded. Based on Aussie GM's Holden Ute. Holden is shut down now also.

Pontiac G8 Sport Truck - Preview
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#47]
It's happening, the Detroit Auto Show is a foot...

T-Minus however few days until they reveal it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Considered it but decided that I wanted the coyote.

Rolled this off the lot 3 weeks ago. (Some changes since then).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I cannot stand the design trend of GIGANTIC brand/model lettering on pickup trucks.

Toyota, Ram and Ford all do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Considered it but decided that I wanted the coyote.

Rolled this off the lot 3 weeks ago. (Some changes since then).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/28A3C192-F1AB-4772-8ACC-19F6027466D6-419610.JPG
View Quote
That's almost the exact way I'd spec out an F-150.

The only differences would be a non-leveling lift and white letters out on the tires.

Very nice.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top