Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2024 9:20:05 PM EDT
Well ?

Seriously interested in these, are these considered sbr / NFA weapons ?

Interested in a 9mm set up, and SUPER INTERESTED in a 10mm set up / 10mm flux hunting weapon.  I know they don’t have one yet, but read about “ flux heavy “ chassis prototypes in 10mm / 45acp etc, so guess it’s possible.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish they would hurry up with the Glock version
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I’m not buying a gun to accessorize an accessory.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The new alloy one for the 365 looks promising, just expensive. You can carry it in a holster with a stock or brace attached, hit the button on draw and bring it up.

Most of the others have, as Brock/BrassFacts calls it, the “seven degrees to Kevin Bacon problem” of having an optic mounted to a thing that’s mounted to a thing that’s mounted to another thing that’s mounted to the gun, and many others use a clamshell design, so they usually have a wandering zero. BF is probably the best source on YT for info on things that fit into the PDW role.

The best options are either fucking retarded-looking, ridiculously expensive with a bunch of annoying issues, or outrageously, insultingly, fuck-tardedly expensive. (These options are the $1200 UZI Pro, $2000 B&T TP9, and $3000 USW, respectively. Yes, by the time you slap a brace on it, the USW is right around three grand. Over that if you get the stock and SBR it. B&T says fuck the poors)
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I do, love mine.  Simple 320 with comp, sling, old PA red dot and a flashlight.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the USW chassis on a P10C I SBR’d.  They make one for Glock large frame guns.

https://bt-usa.com/products/usw-g-45-10mm/

It is awesome and makes me heavily consider SBRing a G20 or G40.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. I’m not buying a gun to accessorize an accessory.
View Quote

Can’t argue with this logic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Love mine. I need to stop being lazy and suppress it though. Its a blast to shoot and with two 21 rd mags, packs a lot of capacity for its size.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have owned the Glock version for a long time. It’s amazing to have a pdw that fits in a glove box. Fast hits to 100+ yards and I can carry it as it’s a pistol.

I ordered the 365 version this week.

People think they are niche and they aren’t wrong, but you end up with the ballistics of an MP5 in something you can holster or stash.

It’s nice unless you’re willing to spend the size/weight tax and up to a Sig rattler. Which I also have
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag, could use a pdw. Are braces legal again?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]
They sell braced versions (non nfa) and stocked versions.

I already had a sbr’d 320 fcu from a USW320 so I bought the nfa version.  

What questions do you have?

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there room in the back for a Glock switch?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure about the raider, the the micro roni does. We have a metal chassis too that has room as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Coworker has one for his Sig 320. It is surprisingly comfortable to fire. Thought about getting one. But my M17 style 320 has the manual safety, so that's a no go in the Flux chassis.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Coworker has one for his Sig 320. It is surprisingly comfortable to fire. Thought about getting one. But my M17 style 320 has the manual safety, so that's a no go in the Flux chassis.
View Quote

Can you not cut the flux to accept manual safety?

I like the safety that comes on the flux.  I plan to sbr another 320 to pit in my usw320 because I think it would benefit from a safety.  

You can get used 320s cheap and that gives you a slide, barrel and fcu that you need for a flux anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Purchased the X model a few months back. Its a constant companion in a viktos XL sling pack. Sat next to me at the kids little league tourney all weekend.

Didnt want a 320, but really the "only" option worth owning at this time. Got a NIB 320 for 399, plus the brace keeps it under 1k.  Hoping popularity ensues and we have more pdw options around the corner.

Just as the 380 in your pocket is better then the 45 on your night stan, the 9mm pdw on your back is better then the 5" 300 blk in your car
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#16]
A few guys in this thread have them;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-mostly-peaceful-election-year-Let-s-talk-PDWs-v2-0/5-2730988/

I'd probably get one to play with if they were ever in stock...

Eta: I have a recover brace for a G19, works OK. They do one for a G20;

https://recovertactical.com/product/recover-tactical-20-21-stabilizer-kit-for-10mm-45acp-large-frame-glocks/
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple of Glock SBRs (one in 9mm and another in 45/10) in the B&T chassis systems.

The B&T units are well made and do transform a handgun into a very small PDW.

They were fun little projects and make for nice plinkers at the range.  

As for actual real world defensive practicality and the cost (between the host guns, chassis, suppressors, etc) that is debatable.   They are honestly really too big to carry in a holster and if you are going with an off body bag carry you might as well take something a little bigger/better like an MP5K or a small AR15 variant.  I guess they would fit some sort of under a suit jacket shoulder holster use case but again in semi-auto you would probably be served just as well with a duty handgun in a traditional holster that is quicker to deploy.

Just my two cents anyway.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have the USW chassis on a P10C I SBR’d.  They make one for Glock large frame guns.

https://bt-usa.com/products/usw-g-45-10mm/

It is awesome and makes me heavily consider SBRing a G20 or G40.
View Quote

That’s definitely a possibility !   Thanks !

Iv got a G-40, a G-20, and a G-29 and another G-20 on layaway currently, that second g20 would be a candidate for one, or actually the G-40 would be preferred for building my compact hunting weapon.

These are NFA weapons when assembled right ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Love mine. I need to stop being lazy and suppress it though. Its a blast to shoot and with two 21 rd mags, packs a lot of capacity for its size.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450791/flux_jpg-3243555.JPG
View Quote

Yup, that’s what I want, ideally 2 in 9mm for pdw roles, and 1 in 10mm for a compact hunting weapon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a couple of Glock SBRs (one in 9mm and another in 45/10) in the B&T chassis systems.

As for actual real world defensive practicality and the cost (between the host guns, chassis, suppressors, etc) that is debatable.   They are honestly really too big to carry in a holster and if you are going with an off body bag carry you might as well take something a little bigger/better like an MP5K or a small AR15 variant.  I guess they would fit some sort of under a suit jacket shoulder holster use case but again in semi-auto you would probably be served just as well with a duty handgun in a traditional holster that is quicker to deploy.

http://i.imgur.com/HwevXwQ.jpg
View Quote

having both - I'm curious why you would say the MP5k has any advantage over one of these?

the flux is lighter, has last round bolt hold open, and faster reloads - what would make the MP5k superior?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are braces legal again?
View Quote

Yes they are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Manual safety options are awesome on polymer guns, Iv got a M&P with thumb safety, wish my glocks , hellcats, and other m&ps had them too, nuts they don’t put them / offer them on all models.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#24]
a problem in solution of a problem in solution of a shill

buy an actual pdw
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about the raider, the the micro roni does. We have a metal chassis too that has room as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Flux Glock version, Roni and Recover Tactical as well. Just put a G-Flex in and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A few guys in this thread have them;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-mostly-peaceful-election-year-Let-s-talk-PDWs-v2-0/5-2730988/

I'd probably get one to play with if they were ever in stock...

Eta: I have a recover brace for a G19, works OK. They do one for a G20;

https://recovertactical.com/product/recover-tactical-20-21-stabilizer-kit-for-10mm-45acp-large-frame-glocks/
View Quote

I got the R.T. for the G19 with a rifle stock and 16" barrel for a bargain on the exchange. I rather like this set up even is it's ugly as sin lol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
The new Gen 5 17L with a flux brace would pretty cash money
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

having both - I'm curious why you would say the MP5k has any advantage over one of these?

the flux is lighter, has last round bolt hold open, and faster reloads - what would make the MP5k superior?
View Quote

For me my MP5K is select fire where the Glocks are semi only.  In in a .gov setting a G18 won't fit in a B&T chassis either.  (not sure about the flux compatibility with a G18)

While subjective, I also think the MP5K is also more controllable given the roller delay action so even in semi-auto has faster follow up shots (vs. the browning tilt action of the Glocks)  Plus even the most diminutive MP5K stocks (like the KES pictured below) provide a much better shoulder and cheek weld to the gun than the little B&T polymer stocks nubs.  That said I have never shot a Flux unit so can't say how it compares to the B&T chassis.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

A chest holster would be perfect for these, hands free movement, ability to carry a much more effective , very compact, very lightweight weapon that’s quickly deployed. Only a tiny bit larger than standard gun, but the stock allows much higher % of hits / much higher chance of first rd hits at 50, 100, 150, 200 yard shots vs much, much, much lower / less effective % hits with a stock pistol.

A slung 300 blk, or mp5 is still in the way, much heavier, slower to deploy, and these are perfect for a variety of roles where a mp-5 / cz scorpion/ 300 blk ar-15 would be overkill, or even weird. Handgun hunting is one example, backpacking is another. You’re getting full size rifle / carbine accuracy at extended distances out to 200 yards with a pistol sized, pistol weight weapon.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weight alone makes the flux a winner vs the mp5k for a lot of uses, backpacking for example.

High chance of firefights the mp5 wins, however… when your needing  super light weight, hands free, compact carry for general use where chance of gunfights is very low, the flux offers a lot of advantages.  Backpacking, handgun hunting, etc.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Weight alone makes the flux a winner vs the mp5k for a lot of uses, backpacking for example.

High chance of firefights the mp5 wins, however… when your needing  super light weight, hands free, compact carry for general use where chance of gunfights is very low, the flux offers a lot of advantages.  Backpacking, handgun hunting, etc.
View Quote

I don't really see it as a winners or losers proposition.  Each system has its own pluses or minuses in terms of size/weight/controllability/penetration/stopping power/etc.  That said I would say chest or shoulder carry (or any on body carry) of a stocked semi-auto Glock is a pretty niche role/need for most folks. But hey if it fits a role/need for you I have no issues with that.

Personally, hiking I carry a G29, daily carry in an urban environment a 43x, in my vehicle around town or at a campsite I have a SBR AR15. I have never personally felt the need to carry one of the stocked Glocks anywhere but the range.  Maybe if I camped/fished/hiked in Brown Bear territory a chest carry of a G20 in a chassis would fit the bill.

If I somehow got teleported to Port Au Prince where I really needed a "PDW" and only a PDW sized firearm could go with me, I would take an MP5K (if pistol caliber) or small M16 (if rifle caliber)
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
a problem in solution of a problem in solution of a shill

buy an actual pdw
View Quote

Thanks for that useful contribution to this thread.

Here's some more info OP:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Who-SBR-ed-a-pistol-How-does-your-USW-TP-9-Glock-etc-work-now-that-it-has-a-rifle-stock-/51-545550/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/P320-BandT-PDW-chassis-deals-/51-551632/

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also have both.  MP5K is better as a suppressor host for sure, and just generally more pleasant to shoot.  Flux does win on size/weight and is also good.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]
One of the nice things about the flux or similar pdw is that it lets a Less experienced shooter get much better much faster. I taught a lot of college age kids to shoot. Can I run a plate rack in 2 seconds with a basic pistol? Yup. Can most people or my non-gun wife? Absolutely not.

Add a brace and dot and suddenly they can.
Top Top