Holy shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Japan's #1 Serial Killer. Truck-kun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IvzZMSaIc
View Quote

Doesn't seem very realistic... No shoes went flying.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Isekai recruitment device.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Name that anime:

It's about some humanoid monster (or maybe it's a guy wearing a monster-type mask) who hires a woman (or maybe he buys her) to be his maid/assistant.  I want to say it takes place in England, but that could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Name that anime:

It's about some humanoid monster (or maybe it's a guy wearing a monster-type mask) who hires a woman (or maybe he buys her) to be his maid/assistant.  I want to say it takes place in England, but that could be wrong.
View Quote
@Hunter-Killer
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Name that anime:

View Quote

Originally Posted By 45BArmorer:
@Hunter-Killer
The Ancient Magus' Bride
View Quote
Yup. Sounds like The Ancient Magus' Bride
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
That's it.  Thanks guys.

Is it any good?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:43:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#9]
That's it.  Thanks guys.

Is it any good?
View Quote
I enjoyed it a lot. It's on my list to re-watch eventually.

Pretty calm for the most part. Not Mushishi calm, but close.

Maybe I'll rewatch it tonight. I'm off till new years, but don't have to go visit family yet
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked it.

Kind of an interesting take on the world.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:22:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Japan's #1 Serial Killer. Truck-kun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IvzZMSaIc
View Quote
Truck-kun is occasionally a parallel killer as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen a lot of anime and I can recall no budding adult romantic relationship between the male MC and the female MC more healthy than that displayed in the first 12 episodes of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside.

The white haired loli assassin is pretty damn adorable too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
Have we talked about Anciet Magus Bride yet?

The anime absolutely slaps it’s really pretty to look at and just has a solid story and dark emotional moments

Basically an anciet wizard demon guy buys himself a girl to take on as his apprentice and fiancé it’s got fantasy and romance elements…… there is also some OVAs (Those awaiting a star) about the main female Chise’s fucked up childhood that gives you a good understanding of why she acts the way she acts

I watched it when it came out a few years ago and and thinking of rewatching for the dub that’s on Crunchyroll

https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/sites/sbs.com.au.popasia/files/ancientmagusbridegif.gif

https://c.tenor.com/cQnLPovDDIgAAAAC/the-ancient-magus-bride-chise-hatori.gif

https://64.media.tumblr.com/272cb34e37a161096168b92052c20701/03e04b8b5d8c3e72-3e/s540x810/e9d9c78d207ac13b0d5826d0ce90bbf4916fae15.gifv
View Quote

Hey Hunter

I sure like it
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen a lot of anime and I can recall no budding adult romantic relationship between the male MC and the female MC more healthy than that displayed in the first 12 episodes of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside.

View Quote

Have you been introduced to Tonikawa??
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Magus bride was a one and done for me. I just couldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/The_Ancient_Magus_27_Bride_jpg-2213569.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Name that anime:

Originally Posted By 45BArmorer:
@Hunter-Killer
The Ancient Magus' Bride
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/The_Ancient_Magus_27_Bride_jpg-2213569.JPG

I have the manga

It's great
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
The really crammed a bunch of stuff into episode 11 & 12.  I thought they were leaving a hell of a cliffhanger but there is supposed to be an episode 13 next week.  I am guessing the production house is not expecting a second season since they are cramming all of the currently published books into season 1.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mort:
The really crammed a bunch of stuff into episode 11 & 12.  I thought they were leaving a hell of a cliffhanger but there is supposed to be an episode 13 next week.  I am guessing the production house is not expecting a second season since they are cramming all of the currently published books into season 1.
View All Quotes

Yeah, the last couple of episodes did seem rushed, but speaking just towards the relationship: it's totally unprecedented in the anime I've seen.

A romantic relationship in an anime between the male MC and the female MC with no dense bullshit, no tsundere bullshit, no misunderstanding bullshit, no "girl makes a mistake and then physically abuses the guy because of it" bullshit, no jealousy bullshit, and no miscommunication bullshit.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, the last couple of episodes did seem rushed, but speaking just towards the relationship: it's totally unprecedented in the anime I've seen.

A romantic relationship in an anime between the male MC and the female MC with no dense bullshit, no tsundere bullshit, no misunderstanding bullshit, no "girl makes a mistake and then physically abuses the guy because of it" bullshit, no jealousy bullshit, and no miscommunication bullshit.

https://c.tenor.com/XpUK4JGoNtUAAAAC/outlander-cantbelieve.gif
View Quote

It definitely was refreshing but as was mentioned earlier by a previous poster Tonikawa's main characters romantic relationship was pretty much just like this.  Actually I think the relationship in Tonikawa moved a little smoother but it's been a while since I watched it.  I don't know if it Tonikawa would be something you would like but it was a really good show.  

I know that Tonikawa season two is coming out in 2022 so I hope that this show gets a second season as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

It definitely was refreshing but as was mentioned earlier by a previous poster Tonikawa's main characters romantic relationship was pretty much just like this.  Actually I think the relationship in Tonikawa moved a little smoother but it's been a while since I watched it.  I don't know if it Tonikawa would be something you would like but it was a really good show.  

I know that Tonikawa season two is coming out in 2022 so I hope that this show gets a second season as well.
View All Quotes

A 15 year old boy has a crush on a girl he just met and she uses his raging hormones to immediately trap him into marrying her.  Doesn’t sound very “healthy” to me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#21]

A 15 year old boy has a crush on a girl he just met and she uses his raging hormones to immediately trap him into marrying her.  Doesn’t sound very “healthy” to me.
View Quote

Not even close to what happens in Tonikawa but whatever. You do you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I’m just teasing you.  I read the summary and worded it to make it sound bad.

Fly Me to the Moon has been on my watch list for over a year, but after reading “since marrying her, he becomes incredibly awkward around her, somewhat clingy to an extent because he is worried she would disappear on him again, but does his best to make her happy” it immediately plummeted to the bottom of my list.  That description was so off putting I was tempted to remove it entirely.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Fly Me to the Moon has been on my watch list for over a year, but after reading “since marrying her, he becomes incredibly awkward around her, somewhat clingy to an extent because he is worried she would disappear on him again, but does his best to make her happy” it immediately plummeted to the bottom of my list.  That description was so off putting I was tempted to remove it entirely.
View Quote

I can't say for sure that you would like but it honestly is like Rit and Red living together.  They just happened to get married first. I can't really explain why or how this happens because that would be major spoilers.  The only spoiler I'll give (in the tag below) is the main characters ages at specific points in the story and isn't a big deal but I don't think it is made clear in the show description.  I could be wrong because I only skim them before I add shows to my queue.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:36:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#24]

I can't say for sure that you would like but it honestly is like Rit and Red living together.  They just happened to get married first. I can't really explain why or how this happens because that would be major spoilers.  The only spoiler I'll give (in the tag below) is the main characters ages at specific points in the story and isn't a big deal but I don't think it is made clear in the show description.  I could be wrong because I only skim them before I add shows to my queue.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

I dunno, man.  At no point did I watch Rit and Red living together and think a description of “he becomes incredibly awkward around her, somewhat clingy to an extent because he is worried she would disappear on him again, but does his best to make her happy” would be anywhere close to being an accurate account of what I was seeing.

My biggest pet peeve in anime is bitch boy MCs and that description is causing me some serious concerns.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#25]

View Quote

Tonikawa is amazing. I hope they adapt the whole series. I'm really curious to see how they will treat Volume 16. It is a major shift in tone from the rest of the series. It gets fucking dark.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Tonikawa starts off with a failed isekai summoning. XD XD

Truck-kun isn't batting 1000 anymore.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#27]

I dunno, man.  At no point did I watch Rit and Red living together and think a description of “he becomes incredibly awkward around her, somewhat clingy to an extent because he is worried she would disappear on him again, but does his best to make her happy” would be anywhere close to being an accurate account of what I was seeing.

My biggest pet peeve in anime is bitch boy MCs and that description is causing me some serious concerns.
View Quote

All I can say is I don't personally believe that the MC in Tonikawa would fall into your bitch boy category.  He's just young and new to love in general  The description of him is kind of accurate but exaggerated.  The answer to the reason he is at times afraid of her leaving is answered in the first episode or two and I'm sure you already figured out why if you read my spoiler.

How it compares to Rit and Red is that it is two people new to being in love with each other figuring out how to live together.  It's watching the small moments like holding hands for the first time, sleeping in the same bed for the first time, dealing with their first obstacle as a couple for the first time, and growing as a couple in that way that are comparable to Banished.

It's like any show I guess. It's not going to be everyone's favorite show and the overall themes between Banished From the Heroes Party and Tonikawa couldn't be any farther apart.  It's just the new love part that there are similarities.  I happen to really like both shows so I guess I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Tonikawa is amazing. I hope they adapt the whole series. I'm really curious to see how they will treat Volume 16. It is a major shift in tone from the rest of the series. It gets fucking dark.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That all sounds amazing and not at all where I thought this series would go. Now I want to buy all the books even more.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Is Crunchyroll worth subscribing to?

I was into anime back in the 90s and early 00s, but I'm not sure about getting back into it.

I used to like Initial D, Macross/Robotech, Gundam and DragonBall.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]
banger OP

TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You - Opening | Koi no Uta (feat. Tsukasa Tsukuyomi)
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I was into anime back in the 90s and early 00s, but I'm not sure about getting back into it.

View Quote

I'm just subbed for the watch history feature and high stream quality.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#32]
It’s OK, if you like subs Crunchy is the way, subs get posted way before dubs.
For dubbed go Funimation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]

That all sounds amazing and not at all where I thought this series would go. Now I want to buy all the books even more.
View Quote

It only goes there for that volume, then the vibe goes back to being within the usual bounds of romcom, for now at least.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I was subscribed for a short time.  Enjoyed it, but I'm pinching pennies right now.

I kept Funimation, as I'm grandfathered into a lower price and they warned me I wouldn't be able to get that price again

Funimation has Initial D, Robotech, and a good chunk of Gundam. Both Funimation and Crunchyroll do have free with adds options.

I would say sign up for the free versions of both, see if you like them, then subscribe to the one you prefer.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#35]
If every season finale for good anime had an ending like the one Komi had the world would be a much better place.

Also: elegant neko maid Komi is the best Komi.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Absolutely it is. No trash dubs, no ads, watchlist, HD, etc.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:02:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SC4eyes] [#37]
I've been watching on HULU, they have a surprisingly good catalog.

Finished Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon, definitely in my top 5 maybe top 3.

Hestia is best girl, and if I were Bell, I would take care of that whole "Virgin Goddess" situation mos rikki tik.

I am a half dozen episodes in to GATE now, and enjoying it a lot too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
I've been watching on HULU, they have a surprisingly good catalog.

Finished Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon, definitely in my top 5 maybe top 3.

Hestia is best girl, and if I were Bell, I would take care of that whole "Virgin Goddess" situation mos rikki tik.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-t3ijYXtIcXQ%2FW3JAM3FdHRI%2FAAAAAAAAN64%2FbJalv3DbIrYdZ7jXZHqWulxsdm2pQ-M7QCLcBGAs%2Fs1600%2FHestia%252B007.png&f=1&nofb=1

I am a half dozen episodes in to GATE now, and enjoying it a lot too.
View Quote

Best girl.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:08:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#40]
[     ]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Tsukasa'a actual history, as explained in the manga, is pretty good at explaining what happened.
...and she's not 18...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I thought the anime did a really good job of dropping hints that she is a lot older and wiser than she looked.  If I remember correctly they never mention her age at all in the anime or if they did it was vague references to her being older.  That's why I only gave Nasa's age in the post I made earlier.  I don't usually buy manga but these are on my wish list at RSA.  Some of them are out of stock right now so I may order them when I order my next batch of light novel pre orders for series I am currently reading.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#43]

I thought the anime did a really good job of dropping hints that she is a lot older and wiser than she looked.  If I remember correctly they never mention her age at all in the anime or if they did it was vague references to her being older.  That's why I only gave Nasa's age in the post I made earlier.  I don't usually buy manga but these are on my wish list at RSA.  Some of them are out of stock right now so I may order them when I order my next batch of light novel pre orders for series I am currently reading.
View Quote

The anime isn't there yet. I'm not sure they would get there by the end of season 2. It would depend on the pacing. They should probably avoid starting or finishing a season with the volume 16 material. That would traumatize the animeonlies
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#44]
when the world you fought for was a shame.

you leave and join the demon army instead.

I'm Quitting Heroing - Official Trailer | MultiSub
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Red Alert Gals shots: Tesla Coil (??Christmas Special??)
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deX1ysM3UNk
View Quote

That looks like it'll be a good one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1rHs5iI7s
View Quote

lulz
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I saw that a couple of days ago and added it the list.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I've gotten behind on watching that one, so I don't know what was left out in the anime (which has felt a little rushed, compared to the manga, since the first few episodes), but the manga shows that they got at least some of that BS out of the way in their past, then went their own ways for a while.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Where?
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 478 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top