Who watches Anime? (Page 480 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Something I don't really get about Demon Slayer (best active anime, BTW) is why they fight/hunt demons at night instead of during the day where humans have a YUGE advantage.

Obviously sometimes it can't be helped (time sensitive, you have no idea where the demon is, they catch you off guard, etc) but other times it can be helped and yet, for some reason, they still sometimes insist on fighting/hunting at night even though it makes no strategic sense.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure I missed the hype when it came out.

But I just finished super crooks on Netflix.

It was.... entertaining

Super Crooks OP | ALPHA - TOWA TEI with Taprikk Sweezee | Netflix Anime
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a trial of Hulu so I’m making my way through Gundam 08th MS team. Fun.

I’ve found a few other Anime shows on there I’ll jump on those too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
You guys were right about The Ancient Magus' Bride.  I'm about 1/3 through it and so far it's pretty good.
View Quote

Definitely a mood
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
I finished GATE and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could stand to see moar of that too.

While I definitely understand the position of Rory Mercury for best girl, I have to respectfully disagree. While she is awesome in combat and generally perverted, given that she is old and experienced and could teach me some new tricks. She still has that casual disregard for life (or hunger to end it) that I think would not lead to a long and fruitful relationship.

IMHO Shino Kuribayashi is best girl and would be the one I brought home to introduce to Mom and put a ring on it.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there/images/c/cb/Gate_Jieitai_Kano_Chi_nite%2C_Kaku_Tatakaeri_Shino_Kuribayashi_rifle_bayonet_charge.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171021095415

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there/images/d/de/Shino_Kuribayashi_drunk_at_the_hotsprings_Anime_episode_9.png/revision/latest?cb=20170808003213
View Quote

Kuribayashi is badass especially in the light novels, she ends up taking on a werewolf with a kbar at one point. The scene where she goes on a rampage protecting the city gates is her characters dream come true.  Kuribayashi is pretty much obsessed with the wish to live in combat and being attached to the gate recon force where she has a chance to fight was the best thing to happen to her.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
They're mostly dormant during the day, as demons burst into flames when exposed to direct sunlight.  I mean I'm sure demons are running around doing some nefarious shit in the shadows, but I don't think they're actively out picking fights and eating humans during daylight hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Something I don't really get about Demon Slayer (best active anime, BTW) is why they fight/hunt demons at night instead of during the day where humans have a YUGE advantage.

Obviously sometimes it can't be helped (time sensitive, you have no idea where the demon is, they catch you off guard, etc) but other times it can be helped and yet, for some reason, they still sometimes insist on fighting/hunting at night even though it makes no strategic sense.
They're mostly dormant during the day, as demons burst into flames when exposed to direct sunlight.  I mean I'm sure demons are running around doing some nefarious shit in the shadows, but I don't think they're actively out picking fights and eating humans during daylight hours.

Mostly dormant during the day, yes, but they don’t cease to exist during the day and yet demon slayers seem to act as if they do.

Like when they suspect a demon is residing within a brothel why don’t they go during the day when they could retreat through a wall into daylight if things go tits up?  Why do they have to wait until night to search for it?  Obviously it’d be easier to find it at night, but it’d also be a LOT more dangerous.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

Along that line I assumed that due to their powers their ability to hide during the day makes them almost impossible to kill unless cornered/trapped.

While fighting at night they are out in the open to feed or fight making them more vulnerable to hunting even though they would be at their strongest offensively as well.

like waiting for bears to be active to hunt them instead of searching every cave to find them hibernating in order to shoot one in it's sleep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
The season finale of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside:

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
The season finale of Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AjarFluffyCow-size_restricted.gif
View Quote

But only Ritxxxxx I mean Rutixxxxxx um I mean Red gets to see the goods…

Some fan service, huh…

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Some fan service, huh…

View All Quotes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AjarFluffyCow-size_restricted.gif

Some fan service, huh…

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I started Yamato 2199 (2012) and HanaKana got bumped hard and fast from her spot as my all time favorite voice actress.

Being able to guess my new one without google might mean you are based and red pilled.Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
I started Yamato 2199 (2012) and HanaKana got bumped hard and fast from her spot as my all time favorite voice actress.

Being able to guess my new one without google might mean you are based and red pilled.Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I'm just having enough trouble keeping up with your avatar changes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View Quote

I've been using the same avatar for a couple of weeks, about to make one more change.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#17]

I've been using the same avatar for a couple of weeks, about to make one more change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Is that Kuroneko from Oreimo?

She's in the running to become my waifu...

When she grows up, that is - not a lolicon (at least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it)...
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#18]
Yes, Ruri from Oreimo was my previous avatar. Or, as she is also known:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#19]
Yes, Ruri from Oreimo.
View Quote

I see your avatar ...

... do you like guys?

@brasscrossedrifles
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

I see your avatar ...

... do you like guys?

@brasscrossedrifles
View Quote

We could always use someone else posting in the other thread
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Comiket 2021 VS 2019

Main Hall

Departure bus station

Cosplay area

Iorichan and friends have teh sads

But she prevails

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
So just to pass this along HiDive is offering a 50% off yearly subscription campaign that lasts till the end of year, it will only be $24. I've been monthly for 2 years, so I did it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BB868:
So just to pass this along HiDive is offering a 50% off yearly subscription campaign that lasts till the end of year, it will only be $24. I've been monthly for 2 years, so I did it.
View Quote

I tried them for 1 year. Too many down times outside of their specified maintenance times. They just kept giving me excuses why the service was down during my prime time watching ours. Funimation isn't even that bad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

I tried them for 1 year. Too many down times outside of their specified maintenance times. They just kept giving me excuses why the service was down during my prime time watching ours. Funimation isn't even that bad.
View All Quotes

Wow, “worse than Funimation” might be enough to scare me away.

I’ll have to take a look and see what they offer that I don’t have access to.

They do seem to be pushing their dubs, but if I’m reading it properly they do also stream subs (which is my only interest).

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#25]

They do seem to be pushing their dubs, but if I’m reading it properly they do also stream subs (which is my only interest).

View Quote

They have subs and dubs. Don't get me wrong, they have great anime to watch. I just couldn't stand the constant down times, every night, for a week, multiple times a month.

Here is their maintenance schedule.

https://help.hidive.com/support/solutions/articles/27000051456-maintenance-windows

Downtime windows:

Daily updates:

3:00 am
4:00 am
5:00 am

Patch updates (Monday – Friday)

Between 7:00 am and 9:00 am

I was getting maintenance messages at 8-9pm EST all the time.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I have HiDive as well and the only reason I keep them is because they have some shows I can't get anywhere else. As said above they seem to have a lot of outages but what is worse is their app sucks for the Fire stick, they don't have one for my smart TV, and even on my laptop their website is weird.  I put stuff in my queue and watch an episode or two but the next time I come back the show is magically removed from my queue.  Then I have to search for it again and start the process all over.  Hopefully now that they ended their deal with Crunchyroll/ VRV they will get their stuff together.

In my opinion it is worth the $5 a month it costs but I wouldn't recommend it as a first choice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#27]

They have subs and dubs. Don't get me wrong, they have great anime to watch. I just couldn't stand the constant down times, every night, for a week, multiple times a month.

https://help.hidive.com/support/solutions/articles/27000051456-maintenance-windows

Downtime windows:

Daily updates:

View All Quotes

Downtime windows:

Daily updates:

I'll believe you, but I've never had those 'issues'. My only issues with them are you have to log in each and every time you go there, and the site is a bit slow to load,(both are first world problems) but overall I've been fine with them, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:
I have HiDive as well and the only reason I keep them is because they have some shows I can't get anywhere else. As said above they seem to have a lot of outages but what is worse is their app sucks for the Fire stick, they don't have one for my smart TV, and even on my laptop their website is weird.  I put stuff in my queue and watch an episode or two but the next time I come back the show is magically removed from my queue.  Then I have to search for it again and start the process all over.  Hopefully now that they ended their deal with Crunchyroll/ VRV they will get their stuff together.

In my opinion it is worth the $5 a month it costs but I wouldn't recommend it as a first choice.
View Quote

I just used their normal andriod TV app. Another thing I forgot to mention, a lot of forced log outs. Spending a bunch of time trying to re enter my info only to be forced logged out 5 min later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#29]

I'll believe you, but I've never had those 'issues'. My only issues with them are you have to log in each and every time you go there, and the site is a bit slow to load,(both are first world problems) but overall I've been fine with them, YMMV.
View Quote

I had them all the time. Issue started 1 month into my 1 year sub. Lasted until my sub was over with. Went back to Funimation and no more crazy down times.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#30]
Browsing HiDive on my Roku Ultra 4K it looks like the app is broken, with the series title superimposed atop each series thumbnail image instead of appearing beneath it, which makes it extremely difficult to read the titles.

I will take a look on the TCL TV’s built-in Roku to see if it’s better there. Maybe my Roku box model is not officially supported.

(I also have a couple earlier Roku box models and a Roku Express that I haven’t taken out of the box yet, but if I can’t watch on my 65” Vizio with the 4K box that kind of defeats the whole point.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#31]

I just used their normal andriod TV app. Another thing I forgot to mention, a lot of forced log outs. Spending a bunch of time trying to re enter my info only to be forced logged out 5 min later.
View All Quotes

Hhhmmm....

Here I am with an 'Old Fashion' home computer with a cable plugged into it, and watch/stream all 3 services with none of these "issues"

All three services have a list of pros and cons a mile long, and I actually 'hate' the new player on Funimation, but they're the only service that you can change the font size on, so everything has trade offs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#32]

Hhhmmm....

Here I am with an 'Old Fashion' home computer with a cable plugged into it, and watch/stream all 3 services with none of these "issues"

All three services have a list of pros and cons a mile long, and I actually 'hate' the new player on Funimation, but they're the only service that you can change the font size on, so everything has trade offs.
View Quote

I've been back with Funimation for 6 months or so now. They've only had 1 un announced down time that i saw. It was the only issue I know off. What's your issue with the player?

Mind you I only watch Funimation on my andriod TV.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#33]

I've been back with Funimation for 6 months or so now. They've only had 1 un announced down time that i saw. It was the only issue I know off. What's your issue with the player?

View Quote

The Funimation player functions like ass in Brave browser, or at least it did the last time I tried it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#34]

The Funimation player functions like ass in Brave browser, or at least it did the last time I tried it.
View Quote

I don't use brave or a browser. Why I'm not seeing those issues.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Hhhmmm....

Might be hard to describe, depending on your point of reference. Before, the player page loaded kinda like a youtube vid, being that default size, and having the show info under it, and your ability to tweek any setting you wanted/needed to do before hand--click play and resize to full screen if you wanted and watch, when over, resize back, click on the funimation button, and go back home.

Now when you click on it, its nearly full size, and you have to click the play icon before you can do any adjustments ( I always have to downgrade from super HQ to stream correctly ) and pick uncut if need be, so it does take longer to get going and you can no longer pause and do a clean screen grab if you want (for "reasons")--
" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png

and when the show is done, you have to click the 'back' option which loads that show's page, then click the funimation button to go home to watch the next show, I know all first world problems, but I liked the old one better.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Might be hard to describe, depending on your point of reference. Before, the player page loaded kinda like a youtube vid, being that default size, and having the show info under it, and your ability to tweek any setting you wanted/needed to do before hand--click play and resize to full screen if you wanted and watch, when over, resize back, click on the funimation button, and go back home.

Now when you click on it, its nearly full size, and you have to click the play icon before you can do any adjustments ( I always have to downgrade from super HQ to stream correctly ) and pick uncut if need be, so it does take longer to get going and you can no longer pause and do a clean screen grab if you want (for "reasons")--
https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png

and when the show is done, you have to click the 'back' option which loads that show's page, then click the funimation button to go home to watch the next show, I know all first world problems, but I liked the old one better.
View Quote

I see what you mean. Why I also the prefer watching it on tv. Sometimes if the app has been running for too long, I'll get some of those issues, but a quick  force stop the tv app and restart clears those issues up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#37]
When I browse the available HiDive shows on my TCL TV (with built-in Roku) I see the same thing that I see on the Roku 4K Ultra set-top box, namely that the show titles are overlaying the show thumbnails.

Perhaps that is the way that it is intended to work (and does work) on all platforms?

If so, that's a really worthless, brain-dead design.

I will have to see what it looks like on a PC / browser.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#38]
When I browse the available HiDive shows on my TCL TV (with built-in Roku) I see the same thing that I see on the Roku 4K Ultra set-top box, namely that the show titles are overlaying the show thumbnails.
View Quote

Maybe a roku thing? I never had that issue before.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Hhhmmm....

View All Quotes

Hhhmmm....

Try hooking a VR headset to that computer, then run Big Screen Beta with your desktop on the screen of the virtual movie theater you are sitting in.

Don't bother with the virtual popcorn.  It's essentially tasteless.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#40]

Perhaps that is the way that it is intended to work (and does work) on all platforms?

View Quote

This how it looks on my end while logged in

" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/OBiqvZb.png

ETA-the HiDive bar is NOT there in the center like that, that's my piss poor screen grab attempt
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#41]
nagatoro should have six seasons tbh
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:
View Quote

why tho?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#43]

why tho?
View All Quotes

why tho?

because i'm on a wholesome kick
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

It’s popular enough … hopefully they fully adapt any manga that comes out

I love reading it can’t wait to see hey big sis animated
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#45]

https://i.imgur.com/OBiqvZb.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/OBiqvZb.png

ETA-the HiDive bar is NOT there in the center like that, that's my piss poor screen grab attempt
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/OBiqvZb.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/OBiqvZb.png

OK, thanks, that's helpful.

That view is different from what I see on the Roku, at least when not logged in and viewing in "Browse" mode, in that your screen shot does not have titles superimposed on top of the show thumbnails. So maybe it's a Roku thing, or maybe it's a "Browse" mode thing.

Here is a photo that I took of the 55" TCL/Roku screen. If you look closely you can see that there is an overlay in white lettering on top of each thumbnail, giving the series title (at least partially), season number, episode count, and sometimes the rating (such as TV-14). But you can't see the whole thing, and it clashes with whatever is in the thumbnail.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Thanks for posting that heads-up - I subscribed at the sale price - either I will watch on my Mac (or on one of my PCs and/or tablets), or maybe try it on the Roku even with the attendant problems, or maybe hook up the HDMI out from my Mac onto the big screen TV instead of the Roku...

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, Ruri from Oreimo was my previous avatar. Or, as she is also known:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/kamineko_jpg-2221982.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#48]

https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png

View All Quotes

Hhhmmm....

2 3
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#49]

That view is different from what I see on the Roku, at least when not logged in and viewing in "Browse" mode, in that your screen shot does not have titles superimposed on top of the show thumbnails. So maybe it's a Roku thing, or maybe it's a "Browse" mode thing.

Here is a photo that I took of the 55" TCL/Roku screen. If you look closely you can see that there is an overlay in white lettering on top of each thumbnail, giving the series title (at least partially), season number, episode count, and sometimes the rating (such as TV-14). But you can't see the whole thing, and it clashes with whatever is in the thumbnail.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246796/HiDive2_png-2223491.JPG

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246796/HiDive2_png-2223491.JPG

Man, that is right in between and

How can the developer look at that and go "Look's great, let's go with that".
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Thanks for posting that heads-up - I subscribed at the sale price - either I will watch on my Mac (or on one of my PCs and/or tablets), or maybe try it on the Roku even with the attendant problems, or maybe hook up the HDMI out from my Mac onto the big screen TV instead of the Roku...

View All Quotes

Now you can 'enjoy' the wholesomeness of Redo of Healer

I do have a cable from my computer to the TV too, but it takes 'effort' to hook it up, so I stopped bothering
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 480 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top