View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By BB868:
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Hhhmmm....

Here I am with an 'Old Fashion' home computer with a cable plugged into it, and watch/stream all 3 services with none of these "issues"

All three services have a list of pros and cons a mile long, and I actually 'hate' the new player on Funimation, but they're the only service that you can change the font size on, so everything has trade offs.

I've been back with Funimation for 6 months or so now. They've only had 1 un announced down time that i saw. It was the only issue I know off. What's your issue with the player?

Mind you I only watch Funimation on my andriod TV.

Might be hard to describe, depending on your point of reference. Before, the player page loaded kinda like a youtube vid, being that default size, and having the show info under it, and your ability to tweek any setting you wanted/needed to do before hand--click play and resize to full screen if you wanted and watch, when over, resize back, click on the funimation button, and go back home.

Now when you click on it, its nearly full size, and you have to click the play icon before you can do any adjustments ( I always have to downgrade from super HQ to stream correctly ) and pick uncut if need be, so it does take longer to get going and you can no longer pause and do a clean screen grab if you want (for "reasons")--
https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png

and when the show is done, you have to click the 'back' option which loads that show's page, then click the funimation button to go home to watch the next show, I know all first world problems, but I liked the old one better.

2 3

LOL, pretty close, I would switch 7 and 8 (big titties help) and put Tohka higher though, but best girl Kurumi is missing Yeah, I don't care if she's crazy, she's just misunderstood

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]

LOL, pretty close, I would switch 7 and 8 (big titties help) and put Tohka higher though, but best girl Kurumi is missing Yeah, I don't care if she's crazy, she's just misunderstood

View All Quotes

Hhhmmm....

Here I am with an 'Old Fashion' home computer with a cable plugged into it, and watch/stream all 3 services with none of these "issues"

All three services have a list of pros and cons a mile long, and I actually 'hate' the new player on Funimation, but they're the only service that you can change the font size on, so everything has trade offs.

I've been back with Funimation for 6 months or so now. They've only had 1 un announced down time that i saw. It was the only issue I know off. What's your issue with the player?

Mind you I only watch Funimation on my andriod TV.

Might be hard to describe, depending on your point of reference. Before, the player page loaded kinda like a youtube vid, being that default size, and having the show info under it, and your ability to tweek any setting you wanted/needed to do before hand--click play and resize to full screen if you wanted and watch, when over, resize back, click on the funimation button, and go back home.

Now when you click on it, its nearly full size, and you have to click the play icon before you can do any adjustments ( I always have to downgrade from super HQ to stream correctly ) and pick uncut if need be, so it does take longer to get going and you can no longer pause and do a clean screen grab if you want (for "reasons")--
https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uA0oX4v.png

and when the show is done, you have to click the 'back' option which loads that show's page, then click the funimation button to go home to watch the next show, I know all first world problems, but I liked the old one better.

2 3

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=300

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Now you can 'enjoy' the wholesomeness of Redo of Healer

I do have a cable from my computer to the TV too, but it takes 'effort' to hook it up, so I stopped bothering
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:
So just to pass this along HiDive is offering a 50% off yearly subscription campaign that lasts till the end of year, it will only be $24. I've been monthly for 2 years, so I did it.

Thanks for posting that heads-up - I subscribed at the sale price - either I will watch on my Mac (or on one of my PCs and/or tablets), or maybe try it on the Roku even with the attendant problems, or maybe hook up the HDMI out from my Mac onto the big screen TV instead of the Roku...

I do have a cable from my computer to the TV too, but it takes 'effort' to hook it up, so I stopped bothering

OK, now that’s just plain freaky - how did you know that Redo of Healer was the first series that I added to my queue and started watching?

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Based.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:
nagatoro should have six seasons tbh

why tho?

https://c.tenor.com/mAUuMNwjsvAAAAAC/some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

As the manga progresses, it does seem to be losing something.  There's less expectation that Nagatoro will jump on any and every opportunity to torment her senpai.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]

OK, now that’s just plain freaky - how did you know that Redo of Healer was the first series that I added to my queue and started watching?

View All Quotes
So just to pass this along HiDive is offering a 50% off yearly subscription campaign that lasts till the end of year, it will only be $24. I've been monthly for 2 years, so I did it.

Thanks for posting that heads-up - I subscribed at the sale price - either I will watch on my Mac (or on one of my PCs and/or tablets), or maybe try it on the Roku even with the attendant problems, or maybe hook up the HDMI out from my Mac onto the big screen TV instead of the Roku...

Just a heads up.  The version on HiDive is not the fully uncensored version. There is a more "wholesome" version but you will have to buy it or find it elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:49:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#8]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
One of the greatest moments in anime.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61270/vlcsnap-35197-2224173.jpg
There is more substance and feeling in this one single moment than any other that I can recall (and I've seen quite a bit).

Misato's voice, in the way it quakes, has stuck with me since the first time I heard it.
That was in 1999.
22 years later it has the same effect.

I can not recall any recent anime that has had the same effect.
View Quote

The ending of E19 of Demon Slayer is the only episode of anime (or ANY show for that matter) in which no matter how much times I’ve seen it I still get goosebumps/chills when I rewatch it.

The creator of the manga said when they watched it the first time they couldn’t stop crying at how beautiful and powerful it was and then proceeded to rewatch it 20 more times.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I can recognize a fellow man of culture

" />
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#11]

https://i.imgur.com/AlqkqlK.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/AlqkqlK.png
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/AlqkqlK.png" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/AlqkqlK.png

Best girl.

Also the best example of “cute and adorable with a deadly talent for vicious bloody violence” I’ve seen since Rory Mercury.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Just a heads up.  The version on HiDive is not the fully uncensored version. There is a more "wholesome" version but you will have to buy it or find it elsewhere.
View All Quotes

I see what you mean - it is pretty annoying, especially because their promos allude to uncensored versions.

The artistry of the humiliation of Flare is marred by the heavy-handed ‘airbrushing’ and outright excising of significant parts of the original…
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:10:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#13]
I kept trying to find Redo of Healer on the site I use, but was disappointed they didn’t have it.
But yeah, of course I was looking for the wrong title, found it under “Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi”.
I keep forgetting some of them leave the Japanese title.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#14]

I see what you mean - it is pretty annoying, especially because their promos allude to uncensored versions.

The artistry of the humiliation of Flare is marred by the heavy-handed ‘airbrushing’ and outright excising of significant parts of the original…
View All Quotes

If it wouldn't have been such a cool story the version that we got originally in the US would have been almost unwatchable.  The animation they cut out and blacked out screens broke the shows momentum up.  I'd assume the HiDive version would be a little better but I only checked the first episode to see which version it was so I don't know. And to be fair the uncensored version is still censored.  it just doesn't go to still life photos of backgrounds during the naughty parts.  Rightatufanime sells the best version in their adult only section and you can find compilations of the least censored scenes on adult "educational" websites.  

But if you haven't already watched it and want anime boobs with a somewhat interesting story HiDive has Qwaser of Stigmata on their site. It is definitely um ..... interesting.  Yeah.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#15]

If it wouldn't have been such a cool story the version that we got originally in the US would have been almost unwatchable.  The animation they cut out and blacked out screens broke the shows momentum up.  I'd assume the HiDive version would be a little better but I only checked the first episode to see which version it was so I don't know. And to be fair the uncensored version is still censored.  it just doesn't go to still life photos of backgrounds during the naughty parts.  Rightatufanime sells the best version in their adult only section and you can find compilations of the least censored scenes on adult "educational" websites.  

But if you haven't already watched it and want anime boobs with a somewhat interesting story HiDive has Qwaser of Stigmata on their site. It is definitely um ..... interesting.  Yeah.  Interesting.
View Quote

animeplyx dot eu had the good version of Redo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#18]
In the middle of watching The Irregular at Magic High School - OVA 1 - Reminiscence Arc

I’ve enjoyed watching the series prior to this, and even though much of the pacing is fairly slow, and there are still plenty of nagging-but-so-far-unanswered questions, they are filling in some sorely needed backstory.

BTW, While I’m watching it on Funimation, I believe that it’s available on Crunchyroll as well, continuing the trend since the merger of duplicating a lot of the content on both services. Wondering if they are going to merge them into a single offering soon… No good reason for me to pay twice each month if there are going to be fewer exclusives.

(Also wondering when they each start rolling out the new season’s shows, but too lazy to look up that info)

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone watched Great Pretender on Netflix? Was hunting around for something to watch and found this.

Four episodes in, fairly entertaining so far. Like the color palette for the scene backgrounds.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#20]

(Also wondering when they each start rolling out the new season’s shows, but too lazy to look up that info)

View Quote

January 5th is the earliest air date I am seeing for any of the new shows.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#21]

I don't use brave or a browser. Why I'm not seeing those issues.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

The Funimation player functions like ass in Brave browser, or at least it did the last time I tried it.

I don't use brave or a browser. Why I'm not seeing those issues.

I've had zero issues with FireTV.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:17:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#22]
In the middle of watching The Irregular at Magic High School - OVA 1 - Reminiscence Arc

I’ve enjoyed watching the series prior to this, and even though much of the pacing is fairly slow, and there are still plenty of nagging-but-so-far-unanswered questions, they are filling in some sorely needed backstory.

BTW, While I’m watching it on Funimation, I believe that it’s available on Crunchyroll as well, continuing the trend since the merger of duplicating a lot of the content on both services. Wondering if they are going to merge them into a single offering soon… No good reason for me to pay twice each month if there are going to be fewer exclusives.

View Quote

Thanks for posting this because I didn't know it was on there. I just finished it and I enjoyed it. I really like The Irregular at Magic High School and actually have all the light novels but I haven't started reading them yet.  I didn't want to wait for the anime to find out what happens so I bought them.  Unfortunately between reading all the Spice and Wolf, Re:Zero, and Our Last Crusade light novels I just haven't had time to start them yet.  

I really need to start reading more because I also have all the light novels series of Re: Zero Ex, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Rising of the Shield Hero, Classroom of the Elite, Wolf and Parchment, and 86 (minus books 4 and 7 which I backordered but still are not here)  I haven't started either.  I also need to get to the Black Clover manga that I have but only read the first book of.  I just put an order in with RSA for some of the next preorder volumes of these series but they won't arrive until the end of February or the beginning of March so hopefully I get to some of them before that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I am seven episodes in to BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, and if I don't die from the 'betus from it being so sweet I may end up enjoying it.

I'm going to need something seriously "wholesome" after this, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:09:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
I am seven episodes in to BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, and if I don't die from the 'betus from it being so sweet I may end up enjoying it.

View Quote

If you mean “underage girl forced into prostitution and gets sexually assaulted” kind of “wholesome:” Redo of Healer, Elfen Lied, or Future Diary.  All of which, coincidently, feature a hot/cute pink haired psychopath/sociopath.

If you mean actual wholesome: Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.  It is basically 80% BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense and 20% That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Make sure you watch the sub for this one though.  For some reason they thought the best choice for the 15 year old MC in the dub was a VA that sounds like she's 40.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#25]
One of the greatest moments in anime.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61270/vlcsnap-35197-2224173.jpg
There is more substance and feeling in those moments than any others that I can recall (and I've seen quite a bit).

Misato's voice, in the way it quakes, has stuck with me since the first time I heard it.
That was in 1999.
22 years later it has the same effect.

I can not recall any recent anime that has had the same effect.
View Quote
I found this scene randomly somewhere last month and it sticks with me.

Yatori Snaps! | Alderamin on the Sky

It is a really well done fight scene.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I've seen Elfen Lied, so Redo of Healer it is.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Looked like JAN 7 is really the start of the winter season, the last i saw at least.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:

Looked like JAN 7 is really the start of the winter season, the last i saw at least.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By treemydawg:

There are 4 show's I'm interested in checking out that *start* on 1/5
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I've seen Elfen Lied, so Redo of Healer it is.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like a copy of The Misfit of Demon King Academy (whose S2 will be out later this year), but it could be watchable.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
S1 Part 2 of How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom starts on the 8th.

I enjoyed S1, but the trailer for Part 2 looks like a harem overload.  Date A Live is a great example of how to build a harem properly.  By the end of S3 Shido has about 9 girls in his stable, but they are introduced gradually and each girl is really fleshed out.  When a bunch of girls join a harem in a relatively short time they tend to just blend together.    
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a copy of The Misfit of Demon King Academy (whose S2 will be out later this year), but it could be watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjBrj5U7cVc
View Quote

That does seem incredibly similar I liked the misfit at demon king academy because the protagonist was obviously still being as OP as in the past and speedrunning the story. Which made some of the one sided fights more silly and fun than in other shows of the like.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Dog & Scissors was kind of funny and mildly entertaining.

It's about a high school kid who loves books, is killed, gets reincarnated as a dog, and ends up living with his favorite author (who is a hot tsundere) who he can communicate with telepathically.

Those of you who have fantasies about cute anime girls abusing you should especially like it.  The one of you that also has a sister fetish should REALLY like it.

Brittney "Auditory Butter" Karbowski also voices a character that is very Brittney.

)
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Got caught up on Demon Slayer. Finally some action!

The Sound Hashira is less annoying than I thought he'd be.

Inosuke is finding his place.

Makio is Tengen's best wife.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View Quote

Upper 6 demon is hot. I hope she wins
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Yes. Yes, she is.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sexy-Cosplay-and-Nerd-Girls/142-2359844/&page=7#i96494363
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#37]

The ending of E19 of Demon Slayer is the only episode of anime (or ANY show for that matter) in which no matter how much times I’ve seen it I still get goosebumps/chills when I rewatch it.

The creator of the manga said when they watched it the first time they couldn’t stop crying at how beautiful and powerful it was and then proceeded to rewatch it 20 more times.
View Quote

It really was a great ending.  Impossible even.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Finished up a show called Gleipnir, strange but interesting.
Well, not really all that much stranger than some other anime I’ve watched.

Back to Black Clover, I like it but take a break every once in a while, great show so far.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Finished up a show called Gleipnir, strange but interesting.
Well, not really all that much stranger than some other anime I’ve watched.
View Quote

I enjoyed that one.  Clair was certainly a very interestingly role for Brittney "Auditory Butter" Karbowski.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:15:28 AM EDT
[#40]
It needs a second season, still a lot of story line to cover.
I’d enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Yuru camp
View All Quotes

Yuru camp

That’s not the kind of “wholesome” he’s looking for.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:53:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#44]

I know l’m trying to be a force for good here
View All Quotes

Yuru camp

I know l’m trying to be a force for good here

It is a good show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#45]

View All Quotes

Yuru camp

I'm rather late to the party, starting off in the middle rather than in the beginning, but maybe To Love Ru Darkness has that type of 'wholesomeness'.

For (a relatively tame) example:

Click To View Spoiler

Or this one:

Click To View Spoiler

(but, so far, anyway, I have not seen any scenes of underage females, whether human or not, being sold into sexual slavery but later redeemed by an older man with a kind heart, so maybe it's not 'wholesome' enough)

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Before you ask the next question....

86 TV Anime's Final 2 Episodes Postponed Until March 2022

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/12/23-1/86-eighty-six-tv-animes-final-2-episodes-postponed-until-march-2022
View Quote

I just watched the available ones. Hell of a cliffhanger. Can't wait until March!

Until then I guess I'll catch up on some of the... wholesome shows in the thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#47]
First episode of In the Land of Leadale is up on crunchyroll.  If you like Bofuri this might interest you.  I would not classify this as anime thread holesome, no sex slavery or torture involved.  

#opgamer #fantasyRPG #sliceofLife #unholesome
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mort:
First episode of In the Land of Leadale is up on crunchyroll.  If you like Bofuri this might interest you.  I would not classify this as anime thread holesome, no sex slavery or torture involved.  

#opgamer #fantasyRPG #sliceofLife #unholesome
View Quote

Thanks I have added that to my queue.  The premise reminds me of Sword Art Online after the Alfheim Online arc with the kids in the Sleeping Knights guild.  It would have been cool if something similar would have happened to those kids.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#49]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:53:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#50]
The light novels for Leadale are very good.
The manga is pretty good as well.

I really hope they keep the quality up with the anime's depiction of the story line.

The first episode does very well.
View Quote

It was interesting enough, especially with the way that they more or less backed into the world building rather than presenting it more overtly.

Strangely, Crunchyroll is calling it ‘Land of Leadale’ in English, but didn’t the anime itself flash an English title of ‘World of Leadale’ right at the beginning? Or is ‘World of Leadale’ the name of the game within the anime, while ‘Land of Leadale’ is the English title of the anime? (I am a bit confused, especially because at first glance I didn’t completely understand the Japanese title - I should have spent more time figuring things out before posting).

Speaking of world building, Tokyo 24th Ward got off to a slow start, spending what felt like way too much time in introducing the characters and the backstory, with the foreshadowing dialed up to ‘overload’ levels, but I’m hoping that it is being done intentionally rather than just as a space filler so that the ultimate payoff will be a complex and multifaceted plot that will unfold over time as it all plays out. It certainly picked up the pace towards the end of episode 1. We shall see…

(BTW someone on the creative team must have had some pretty vivid parkour fantasies…)

Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 481 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top