Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 483 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I went into Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town not expecting much and ended up binge watching the first season.  It's basically about an OP kid from a village where everyone is OP, but because he is the least OP person there he thinks he's weak.  He then heads out into the "real world" thinking he's a weakling when actually he has god level power.  

Imagine if a young Saitama was in a fantasy settling, thought he was weak, and was given a harem.

It's nothing epic, but I found it funny and entertaining.  There's also a pretty good dub for it.  Alexis Tipton voices a very thirsty princess that kinda reminded me of Anna from Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I went into Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town not expecting much and ended up binge watching the first season.  It's basically about an OP kid from a village where everyone is OP, but because he is the least OP person there he thinks he's weak.  He then heads out into the "real world" thinking he's a weakling when actually he has god level power.  

Imagine if a young Saitama was in a fantasy settling, thought he was weak, and was given a harem.

It's nothing epic, but I found it funny and entertaining.  There's also a pretty good dub for it.  Alexis Tipton voices a very thirsty princess that kinda reminded me of Anna from Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzkxM2U4ZDYtNjk0MC00ZGE0LTk4ZTQtMTk0OGE5Mjc2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg
View Quote

These titles have gotten out of hand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
3rd form Nezuko.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#4]

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzkxM2U4ZDYtNjk0MC00ZGE0LTk4ZTQtMTk0OGE5Mjc2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg
View Quote

A lot of witch-on-witch action in that one.

Click To View Spoiler

And the kid is a clueless dork.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#5]
Nezuko grew some huge tits.

Animation in this episode was insanely good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Just checked.

It's broken for me too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB868:
Crunchyroll shit the bed

Just checked.

It's broken for me too.

Glad is wasn't just me

If you fight with it enough--and I mean a lot, you got in, but then it would say "something went wrong", and you start all over again

seams to be working now though, reading the comments on the new ep of AoT-which went up on time with only one tiny quick glitch on Funimation, that just now-3 hours later went up there, I think every subscriber was trying to log in at the same time for several hours, I still sent a 'nasty' email to their CS
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Just checked.

It's broken for me too.
View Quote

AoT kill it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I enjoyed the hell out of that show
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
3rd form Nezuko.
View Quote

LOL, coming here to say that too

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I like Demon Slayer's writing style. Have five relatively slow episodes to set a good stage, and then blow everyones tits off with the next one, and even end it on a suspenseful cliffhanger. This season is gonna be the shit.

A show that delivers every episode, doesn't deliver as hard as a show that blue balls you for a bit, at least in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

My brain somehow read that as 'these titties have gotten out of hand', and I started trying to remember which character in that show had big boobs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:
I like Demon Slayer's writing style. Have five relatively slow episodes to set a good stage, and then blow everyones tits off with the next one, and even end it on a suspenseful cliffhanger. This season is gonna be the shit.

A show that delivers every episode, doesn't deliver as hard as a show that blue balls you for a bit, at least in my opinion.
View Quote

I just wish the 3 MCs weren't so fucking annoying. Pig head guy got better at least. Ninjas dude's wives are stacked

The demon chick's expressions are pure artistry
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Things are certainly getting flashy, even without the God of Festivals doing anything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JPN:

My brain somehow read that as 'these titties have gotten out of hand', and I started trying to remember which character in that show had big boobs.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#15]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I said it before and I'll say it again: Demon Slayer is THE best active anime.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]

I just wish the 3 MCs weren't so fucking annoying. Pig head guy got better at least. Ninjas dude's wives are stacked

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:

I'm glad someone said it, they are.

Yes, some are kinda 'meme worthy'

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#20]

I just wish the 3 MCs weren't so fucking annoying.
View Quote

I won't even watch it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Remind me not to watch AoT after I've watched Demon Slayer - the difference in animation quality is too great not to be distracting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#23]
Is it possible that the creators of Sabikui Bisco were not under the heavy influence of high-potency magic mushrooms when they came up with the premise and then the detailed plot?

No, I honestly didn’t think so…

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I guess tastes vary greaty. I like all three MCs a lot. I think Inosuke has the most growth potential, and I think his character is very well written.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:
Remind me not to watch AoT after I've watched Demon Slayer - the difference in animation quality is too great not to be distracting.
View Quote

I always tend to watch the more depressing show first.

That way the last thing I see has me in a more hopeful mood
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Is it possible that the creators of Sabikui Bisco were not under the heavy influence of high-potency magic mushrooms when they came up with the premise and then the detailed plot?

View Quote

I thought it was pretty awesome, and 'out there'.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

View All Quotes

LOL, I do the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

I agree, totally.

I watched it not knowing what to expect. Glad that I did.

It looks like a potential gem in the midst of what has so far been a winter series rollout with just a few other glimmers of hope but with plenty of stinkers.

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I haven't watched it (already feel like I'm way behind on this season), but just reading the description on MAL has me wondering if they were under the influence of something, when they wrote it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:16:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: treemydawg] [#30]
so far for winter i'm liking second half of realist hero, tokyo 24th, girls frontline, Aot, In the land of leadale, Orientthe strongest sage with the weakest crest, Worlds end harem, princess connect re:dive and Demon slayer.

Police in a pod, slow loop, akebis sailor uniform, Mydress-up darling and Iroduku seem like good fillers so far there are still more to come though since common place to worlds strongest starts this week.

I havent watched  Sabikui Bisco yet will have to check that out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#31]

I haven't watched it (already feel like I'm way behind on this season), but just reading the description on MAL has me wondering if they were under the influence of something, when they wrote it.
View All Quotes

It's my second favorite new show of the season. (so far, as there about 5-6 more coming out I want to check out)
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
so far for winter i'm liking second half of realist hero, tokyo 24th, girls frontline, Aot, In the land of leadale, Orientthe strongest sage with the weakest crest, Worlds end harem, princess connect re:dive and Demon slayer.

Police in a pod, slow loop, akebis sailor uniform, Mydress-up darling and Iroduku seem like good fillers so far there are still more to come though since common place to worlds strongest starts this week.

View Quote

How the fuck did you get a copy of my watch list ??!?

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:07:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#33]
sever error double tap
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

So is Demon Slayer being hopeful at all similar to the way in which Higehiro is wholesome?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]

So is Demon Slayer being hopeful at all similar to the way in which Higehiro is wholesome?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Tanjiro in his flow state completely wrecking shit.

Best demon slayer episode yet
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

My Dress-Up Darling/Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru is a romantic comedy done in the anime instructional video format (teaching how to do cosplay by following a novice as they learn how it is done).  From the first episode, it seems like they are following the manga fairly closely.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:14:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#38]

My Dress-Up Darling/Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru is a romantic comedy done in the anime instructional video format (teaching how to do cosplay by following a novice as they learn how it is done).  From the first episode, it seems like they are following the manga fairly closely.
View All Quotes

Maybe I can learn more about sewing by watching that - my first attempt at sewing a man's yukata from a pattern book was a miserable failure (I learned a few things from that experience along the way, for example, that fabrics to be sewn have a 'right side' and a 'wrong side', but too many other things that experienced people know, but I don't know, got in the way).

The message that it's OK to do what you like, even if nobody else understands it or appreciates it, is a good one, but (so far, at least) the message that accompanies it is that you need to do such things in secret rather than permitting others to know about it, and it's that message that comes through much more strongly...

There's another new anime on Funimation about a BL manga enthusiast, "Sasaki and Miyano", that seems to be based on the same premise(s), but I found it almost unwatchable as they larded it with so much "I'm gay and I like boys, the forbidden love that dare not say its name, please let me love you even though you haven't yet discovered that you're gay too, not that there's anything wrong with that" messaging that hits you in the head with a hammer every ten seconds because they figured that their audience would be so dense that they couldn't figure it out on their own, which was so over-the-top in its ham-handed presentation that it really interfered with the viewing experience, so I dropped it from my queue after one episode.

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:47:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#39]
Maybe I can learn more about sewing by watching that - my first attempt at sewing a man's yukata from a pattern book was a miserable failure (I learned a few things from that experience along the way, for example, that fabrics to be sewn have a 'right side' and a 'wrong side', but too many other things that experienced people know, but I don't know, got in the way).
View All Quotes

My impression from the manga is that it has some helpful information on things like how to select fabrics for what you are doing, details to pay attention to in getting the right look, where to use a lining and other methods of shaping the costume, and so forth, but doesn't go into detail on actually sewing everything together.  The anime may dive into the sewing a bit more, since it can show things in motion, instead of a series of still frames.

The message that it's OK to do what you like, even if nobody else understands it or appreciates it, is a good one, but (so far, at least) the message that accompanies it is that you need to do such things in secret rather than permitting others to know about it, and it's that message that comes through much more strongly...

If someone has a behavior pattern that was established by a childhood incident, and they have followed it for many years, that behavior isn't going to change overnight.  But that fits a story told as a series of episodes better than a story told as an OVA.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm gonna go back and watch Dropkick again I think. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I enjoyed the first part of S1, but I found the first episode of part two to be pretty boring.  Hopefully it picks up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bzugger:
Tanjiro in his flow state completely wrecking shit.

Best demon slayer episode yet
View Quote

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - EP 19 Song?Kamado Tanjiro no Uta?

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

It's certainly near the top of my "very pog" anime series list, whatever the hell that means...

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]

It's certainly near the top of my "very pog" anime series list, whatever the hell that means...

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]

I enjoyed the first part of S1, but I found the first episode of part two to be pretty boring.  Hopefully it picks up.
View Quote

I enjoyed it
Click To View Spoiler  
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#46]

I enjoyed it
Click To View Spoiler  
View All Quotes

I enjoyed it
Click To View Spoiler  

That was the only part that didn’t have me wishing it was a dub so I could play with my phone while the anime was playing in the background.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I'm thinking it will but that will likely be in the form of more public works, political intrigue, and possibly our hero showing the empress saint chick how to govern.

I enjoyed it
Click To View Spoiler  

I did as well. Compared to the faraway paladin this isekai is tickling that just different enough spot much better.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm thinking it will but that will likely be in the form of more public works, political intrigue, and possibly our hero showing the empress saint chick how to govern.

I did as well. Compared to the faraway paladin this isekai is tickling that just different enough spot much better.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

At first I thought he was unintentionally telling her to bang him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#49]

At first I thought he was unintentionally telling her to bang him.
View Quote

Me too

I thought wow didn't know the show was going in this direction.

Probably would have helped as I image the prince is quite the cherry boy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#50]

https://external-preview.redd.it/Kc2WHWSibD6cVMgOsA8Q3Bo8svOsEjWZ6QdKXkBhles.jpg?auto=webp&s=94cddc480ab77e82099a1955b77838f87dcb40ab

Glad that you chose a pix without the paper bag over her head.

Medusa is my waifu... (well, for today, anyway - I'm pretty fickle when it comes to choosing my waifu)

Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 483 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top