Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 623 of 764)
Page / 764
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, there is no way they can wrap up this story line with just two episodes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
View Quote

Fuckkk.

I'm going to need something to tide me over
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Fuckkk.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Fuckkk.

Put Cowboy Bebop and Gate on constant replay?  Maybe the best episodes of Vinland Saga every once in a while?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mort:
Put Cowboy Bebop and Gate on constant replay?  Maybe the best episodes of Vinland Saga every once in a while?
View Quote

I've watched Cowboy Bebop. I keep falling asleep during Vinland Saga.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Fuckkk.

View All Quotes

Fuckkk.

Goblin Slayer may help
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
Denji and Power. Two "people", one brain cell.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 460 eps into One Piece.

It's interesting. The story telling is really good, the animation is improving but some parts are straight up slogs.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I'm 460 eps into One Piece.

It's interesting. The story telling is really good, the animation is improving but some parts are straight up slogs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/85754CF3-24DC-40CC-A45F-0FA6E1BCB226_png-2635623.JPG

I can't remember.  Is there a Naruto fans version of that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess today Fran and the sword daddy learn that borrowing skills isn't enough some times.  They really need to do a training montage fso Fran can learn to level up her standalone skills.
View Quote
They do, though Fran held up well given the situation
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Have they said when the 2nd season of chainsaw man will come out?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Agilt:
View Quote
Hopefully they rush deliver it for the spring season. Fans were already mad that they didn't do a 24 episode run, and I'll be honest, at this point I'm in that group. Although I'm not even sure 24 episodes would get it to the first story arc goalpost without an OVA or something too, but regardless it really should have been an all at once dump, even if it meant postponing it another year (presuming their budget allowed for it, I mean if it was ship it or go bankrupt, then I understand). It's hard as shit to duck spoilers now, and inevitably a lot of people that haven't already read ahead will, further making it harder to avoid them. I can't even avoid fan subs of the new chapters coming out weekly in japan and it's pissing me off because I'm trying to do the right thing and legally buy it when it's volumized and translated formally.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Hopefully they rush deliver it for the spring season. Fans were already mad that they didn't do a 24 episode run, and I'll be honest, at this point I'm in that group. Although I'm not even sure 24 episodes would get it to the first story arc goalpost without an OVA or something too, but regardless it really should have been an all at once dump, even if it meant postponing it another year (presuming their budget allowed for it, I mean if it was ship it or go bankrupt, then I understand). It's hard as shit to duck spoilers now, and inevitably a lot of people that haven't already read ahead will, further making it harder to avoid them. I can't even avoid fan subs of the new chapters coming out weekly in japan and it's pissing me off because I'm trying to do the right thing and legally buy it when it's volumized and translated formally.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:

Similar. With story progression I was thinking “is this a 24 ep run and I missed that somehow?” But no just 12 and they’re probably gonna leave it on a cliffhanger
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Also, finally sat down and watched Cuberpunk Edgerunners on Sunday.

Definitely lives up to the hype

Picked up a few more songs to add to the playlist from it. This being one of them.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | "I Really Want To Stay At Your House" by Rosa Walton | Music Video
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Picked up a few more songs to add to the playlist from it. This being one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3b3439WZnc
View Quote

Phenomenal show!

If you haven't played the video game yet, and don't mind spoilers, there's a 30 hour compilation of all the cutscenes on YouTube. It actually feels very similar to the anime (or more accurately, the anime feels very similar to the video game), just not as refined. I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#17]

3D looks like it might involve some jail time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Rather ironic, considering Nazuna was the one preying on a teenager...

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:57:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#19]
Continuing to watch older series now released on Crunchyroll.

Project Blue Earth SOS is like a twisted cross between Buck Rogers, The Jetsons, and half a dozen other futuristic-action-adventure-fantasy Saturday morning cartoons that I never even liked as a kid - featuring insufferable teen-aged geniuses with insufferable names like ‘Billy’ and ‘Penny’, smart-ass dogs, smart-ass professors, hare-brained UN military commanders, G-Ray-powered rocket ships, flying cars, flying saucers, death rays from death rayguns, secret laboratories, underwater science cities, and more.

It’s so bad that it’s almost good (maybe intentionally so, maybe not).

My interest was initially piqued when I saw that one of the characters was named Lotta Brest, thinking that it might be the blonde with the big bazoompas who was shown during the opening scene, only to have my hopes dashed when I found out that no, the blonde is actually Emely, who tutors Lotta, the annoying, pig-tailed, middle-school-aged daughter of head honcho scientist Professor Brest (as a cover for Emely’s secret role as a member of the secret cabal of scientists who have secretly been preparing for Earth’s coming battles with the secret UFO aliens, in complete secrecy).

Not sure yet whether I will make it past episode 1.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#20]
I guess today Fran and the sword daddy learn that borrowing skills isn't enough some times.  They really need to do a training montage fso Fran can learn to level up her standalone skills.
View Quote

(first level spoiler tags protect the last few episodes of Season One, spoiler tags within spoiler tags protect info not seen in the Anime)

Too bad they spent the last 3-4 weeks doing whatever quests the local nobles wanted to hire a Rank D for, instead of practicing Fran's skills and magic in the goblin dungeon of Alessa. But who would have seen the need, before Fran fell into a Click To View Spoiler

And now, instead of getting Fran some skills of her own before leaving town, they're going to head off for Ulmutt's dungeons where Fran can practice her trap detection and disarming skills (which she can't do in Alessa without permission to explore the spider dungeon) and hopefully work on Fran's magic along the way. But of course they just have to Click To View Spoiler on the way to Ulmutt...

At least they let us see where Fran came from before ending the season, even if Amanda refused to give Rufus and Fran a clue about it.
There is no Fairy Godmother, but Click To View Spoiler

Amanda still feels guilty for Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I have a feeling the start of the next season will be relatively quick.

Like if it doesn't start this winter it will likely be spring.

I could be wrong but this show is going to lose all it's momentum if the second season/cour/part doesn't start within close memory of this one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Not even sure season two can wrap up this story line without cutting a lot out.
This episode that just aired covered chapters 30 and 31, to get to the end of this story line including the outcome of the Gun Devil and who Makima is doesn’t end until chapter 97.

Chapter 98 starts a new story.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#23]
Is the first season of Chainsaw Man only 12-13 episodes or is it 24ish episodes with the 2nd half coming in a few months like Jobless Reincarnation and Spy x Family did?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#24]
Everything I’ve read says it’s a 12 episode season.
Some of the episodes like the last one only cover two or so chapters, others up to four, hard to tell where it’ll end.

However, one question about the Chainsaw Man anime series, which fans can’t find an answer to, is exactly how many arcs the first season will cover. In an even narrower sense, fans are specifically curious about how much of the story the season’s first cour will adapt, given the confirmed 12-episode count for the installment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Definitely lives up to the hype [/url]
View Quote

No it doesn't.

It was boring, predictable and pointless. Didn't care about anyone or anything in it so the ending was like "whatever".
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
And damn, just watched episode 11 of Akiba Maid Wars.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Gelandewagen:

No it doesn't.

It was boring, predictable and pointless. Didn't care about anyone or anything in it so the ending was like "whatever".
View All Quotes

Definitely lives up to the hype [/url]

No it doesn't.

It's okay for you to be wrong, we'll try not to judge you too harshly for it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Agreed.
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Agreed.

Yeah…

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#30]

No it doesn't.

View All Quotes

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

I got about halfway through the season and thought it was just "ehh." I was already considering dropping it, but then I found out most people think the 2nd half of the season is even worse than the 1st half and that it has a very depressing ending.  I immediately dropped it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
They do, though Fran held up well given the situation
View Quote

I just realized that if you wanted to fight her alone now, you'd not only need to unequip Teacher/Master, you'd need to get her away from Jet/Urushi. So, her solo fighting ability is mostly not as big of an issue by the time she leaves Alessa.
But she always wanted to become strong on her own, not just rely on Teacher's power, and upon realizing that, Teacher still doesn't do much to make her train her raw fighting skills without equipping him. They really don't like to not be linked to each other, even for training purposes.
Their idea of Fran fighting on her own is Fran wielding Teacher as a sword and him not blowing away the enemy with his magic (like when she spars with Amanda, although she's plenty willing to zap Amanda with her magic, which is actually borrowed magic from Teacher).

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#32]

I didn't like it either.

I got about halfway through the season and thought it was just "ehh." I was already considering dropping it, but then I found out most people think the 2nd half of the season is even worse than the 1st half and that it has a very depressing ending.  I immediately dropped it.
View All Quotes

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

Cyberpunk is all about a dystopian future. It's supposed to be depressing.

That's a big part of its charm.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

A dystopian setting has nothing to do with it.  It has to do with a story I don’t give a shit about and characters I’m not invested in.  I actually generally enjoy dystopian media.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#34]

A dystopian setting has nothing to do with it.  It has to do with a story I don’t give a shit about and characters I’m not invested in.  I actually generally enjoy dystopian media.
View All Quotes

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#35]

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/iSxPmDWr97248/giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b0tmaqkiz4hyoa8qvoithraeaoygdm3g2abaopeye&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#36]

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/iSxPmDWr97248/giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b0tmaqkiz4hyoa8qvoithraeaoygdm3g2abaopeye&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

I got more enjoyment out of the 9 minute Love x Death x Robots episode “Blindspot” that’s about a gang of cyborgs pulling a heist than I did in the first 4-5 episodes of Edgerunners.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

No it doesn't.

I didn't like it either.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/D121F2B4-1A2E-4515-90B1-0307F5449B02-2636864.jpg

I wish GoT would have gone that route.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Literally all Gundam endings.
View Quote

View Quote

GoT could have had a one episode final season. Everyone’s slaughtered. Fade to black. Hugely better than the shitshow they put out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:20:36 AM EDT
[#40]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/55EB18FF-2404-4045-AB7E-88634BB7AB5D-2589560.gif

GoT could have had a one episode final season. Everyone’s slaughtered. Fade to black. Hugely better than the shitshow they put out.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/55EB18FF-2404-4045-AB7E-88634BB7AB5D-2589560.gif

Someone who never watched GoT might read that post and think you’re exaggerating.

You’re not.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#41]
So I did start watching Eminence in Shadow.

I certainly wouldn't put it on the same level as overlord.

It's more like Arifuerta or how not to summon a demon lord.  But the MC ends up with an Overlord level group of followers basically by accident.

But at the same time it's also the embodiment of the "sigma male" meme in all it's cringe level splendor.

So he has a literal Army instead of a Harem.  But at the same time he isn't interested in them.  Not because he's oblivious.  

But because he seemingly doesn't really care.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

It's more like Arifuerta or how not to summon a demon lord.  But the MC ends up with an Overlord level group of followers basically by accident.

But at the same time it's also the embodiment of the "sigma male" meme in all it's cringe level splendor.

So he has a literal Army instead of a Harem.  But at the same time he isn't interested in them.  Not because he's oblivious.  

View Quote

If you think about it, it's still in character. No emotional ties, as those become weak points.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
We learn in this week's episode of Eminance that the producer believes in gender equality when it come to creepy crotch shot camera angles.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 2:07:19 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

It's like he's trying to become a super hero, for fun.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:11:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#47]

View Quote

Since Im Watching Gundam for the first time this season now I'm kinda scared. This shit is intense.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I understand even though I don't know who the other 2 characters are.😳
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Yeah…

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Click To View Spoiler

Agreed.

Yeah…

Click To View Spoiler

I knew after Narura died that this was going to be a tragedy but I'm really sad anyway.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I've been watching anime since OG Gundam and I don't love any of them, I mean War in the Pocket wasn't bad, and I watched F91 and Unicorn but most of the shows I can't even finish and that includes the OG series. Wing? Was pure crap, Witch from Mercury is so focused on being body positive and LDBTQ. Look at all the fat people in space! It's like WALLE

I'm much more of a Macross fan but Delta was kinda meh. Frontier is still one of my favorite shows thou.

Page / 764
Who watches Anime? (Page 623 of 764)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top