Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
All he does is bitch and whine. He must be a miserable person to be around
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cope and seethe?
Naw, you seem to be the one having an issue with the reality that no one owes you anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cope and seethe?
Naw, you seem to be the one having an issue with the reality that no one owes you anything.

I can't speak for him. I can speak for me. I don't think anyone owes me anything. I did the things I did in my 20's because I thought they were amusing and sporty. I did some other things because they seemed like a good idea at the time. They didn't work out. Oh well. I got into my current field because I thought it was cool. I actually don't have any real complaints about my current situation at all. I have a borderline delusional sense of optimism about my future.

And you must want to live like us boomers, after all your whole premise is anger by not being handed down everything from us.
Pretty pathetic that you rage because we’re not dying fast enough and leaving you our life’s work.

I actually don't want to live like the average boomer. I've seen the erosion of character that comes from that sort of materialistic opulence.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@ApacheScout

I wonder how people ITT who are melting down didn't bother watching the video?

Just got offended at the thread title.

Demonstrates the power of headlines.
View Quote
I'm a Boomer. I knew the headline would ruffle feathers, no different than if someone started a thread, "Generation LGBQBBQOMG!!!111!!! are the worst"
Its the internet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No footwear, not even socks. But to each their own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRReLDS-5Y
View Quote

Yeah, that is weird as shit.

Couldn't find any prop boots to go with his lumberjack outfit I guess.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can't speak for him. I can speak for me. I don't think anyone owes me anything. I did the things I did in my 20's because I thought they were amusing and sporty. I did some other things because they seemed like a good idea at the time. They didn't work out. Oh well. I got into my current field because I thought it was cool. I actually don't have any real complaints about my current situation at all. I have a borderline delusional sense of optimism about my future.

I actually don't want to live like the average boomer. I've seen the erosion of character that comes from that sort of materialistic opulence.
View Quote

Materialistic opulence?
Sorry I no have opulence, no mini giraffes for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a boomer that worked for every penny I have.  That guy needs to buy a mirror.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tired of hearing the "you just need to work harder" bullshit too but this "hoarding" thing is just another way of saying you have something I don't and I'm jealous.  Yes it was easier for boomers to buy a house but they don't owe you their house, Karl Marx.  If they want to reverse mortgage their house at the end of their lives then that's their business because it's theirs.  You're not entitled to someone else's property you dumb ass.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you remember when boomers managed to get the phrase “boomers” banned nearly everywhere because it hurts their fee fees so bad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inb4 some thinskinned beta soyboy Millennial gets this thread locked.

Do you remember when boomers managed to get the phrase “boomers” banned nearly everywhere because it hurts their fee fees so bad?

And then talk about how the younger generations are “snowflakes”.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm tired of hearing the "you just need to work harder" bullshit too but this "hoarding" thing is just another way of saying you have something I don't and I'm jealous.  Yes it was easier for boomers to buy a house but they don't owe you their house, Karl Marx.  If they want to reverse mortgage their house at the end of their lives then that's their business because it's theirs.  You're not entitled to someone else's property you dumb ass.
View Quote

The main thing people tend to need to work harder at is working smarter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]
He's not wrong(ish...), but it isn't just the boomers.

The people are completely losing any power they had because people squander everything away and have entirely stopped caring about family wealth.

In order for the "You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" plan to work, people first need to be put into positions where they cannot afford to own anything.  That isn't easy to do when a good portion of the population is inheriting paid of houses and acres of land.

People should horde wealth and property, and they should try to keep it in the family and put them in a position where they can be as financially independent as possible.

Everyone fucks it up though.  Boomers enter reverse mortgages and leave their kids with nothing, those that don't, fortunately, die before they see their shithead kids squander everything they left them away and get forced to "sell the farm" because they're too lazy keep the ship afloat.

There are exceptions to that rule, sure, but it only takes one shitty person to throw away centuries of family wealth.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.reddit.com/r/AntiWranglerstar/

"Over the last few months I feel that Cody has descended into the pit of conspiraloon, misogyny and insanity.
Does he actually do anything other than sit in hundreds of dollars worth of denim and rant at the camera? Has he stopped making stuff or repairing stuff entirely? Does he still have a family?"

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The people are completely losing any power because people squander everything away and have entirely stopped caring about family wealth.

In order for the "You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" plan to work, people first need to be put into positions where they cannot afford to own anything.  That isn't easy to do when a good portion of the population is inheriting paid of houses and acres of land.

People should horde wealth and property, and they should try to keep it in the family and put them in a position where they can be as financially independent as possible.

Everyone fucks it up though.  Boomers enter reverse mortgages and leave their kids with nothing, those that don't, fortunately, die before they see their shithead kids squander everything they left them away and get forced to "sell the farm" because they're too lazy keep the ship afloat.

There are exceptions to that rule, sure, but it only takes one shitty person to throw away centuries of family wealth.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Doh. Boomers have 60% of the wealth?
Live long enough, invest wisely and you'll have a shitpot full of money too loser.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AntiWranglerstar/

"Over the last few months I feel that Cody has descended into the pit of conspiraloon, misogyny and insanity.
Does he actually do anything other than sit in hundreds of dollars worth of denim and rant at the camera? Has he stopped making stuff or repairing stuff entirely? Does he still have a family?"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to only live rent free but since I have turned 62, the youngs now pay me.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Enjoy it while you can.  It's not likely to last very long.

When SS began, it was roughly 17 workers to 1 recipient.  That ratio is almost at 1 to 1 now.  SS won't exist in a few more years...only to be replaced by something far worse I imagine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't looked at one of his videos in quite some time. But he's not alone in his 'nobody gave me a house' bullshit.

I forget the idiot's name, but there is a black female 'activist' of some sort who said white people when they get old should donate their homes to a minority.

Imagine the nerve of that nitwit to even think something like that, and post it thinking she has the right idea.

BTW, I'm a boomer by birth, and nobody gave me anything either. I got a job after high school, then entered a trade which I spent the next 40 plus years doing until I retired.

I asked my father, when I was about 16, about them buying me my first used car. He laughed out loud at the very idea. LOL "What are you smoking?"

I got the idea from better off friends whose family did it for them. I still remember my dad's genuine laughter at the idea.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck him. Never like his holier than thou attitude anyway. Stopped looking at YT many moons ago. (As everyone else should)
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I can’t wait for all those complaining  about us boomers not giving up our wealth to lead by example.
I’m sure they’ll drop everything to buy their kids whatever they want, and once they hit 65 they’ll all turn over their wealth to their kids and go live in nursing homes.
Right?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Our biggest problem is that for every bad example you listed above, the "boomers" will never admit any of it was bad. They are incapable of being wrong. About anything. Ever. The fact they did something means it must have been right. I've used the example of my parents' attitude on smoking before. They smoked around us kids growing up, which wasn't that unusual in the 70s/80s. My parents NEVER accepted that smoking was even slightly unhealthy - even after losing multiple family members to smoking-related cancers. Because if it was really unhealthy, that would have meant they exposed their kids to something unhealthy, and since they would never do that, smoking is therfore not unhealthy.

That's why to a boomer, embracing globalism was never bad, building an economy based on dual incomes, debt and living beyond means wasn't bad, social security is not a ponzi scheme (its "my" money, dammit!) etc.

We will never solve this problem, because we can't even agree on what the problem is.
View Quote

Wow
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can’t wait for all those complaining  about us boomers not giving up our wealth to lead by example.
I’m sure they’ll drop everything to buy their kids whatever they want, and once they hit 65 they’ll all turn over their wealth to their kids and go live in nursing homes.
Right?
View Quote

Guess who put a bunch of nails into the coffin of "family values"?

Attachment Attached File

Enjoy your 3rd world caregivers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Boomers are guilty of raising a bunch of pussies.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He’s failed to make it and blames failure on others?  Hard to believe this is coming from this guy since he’s probably well into the millions $$ due to his YouTube channel.

As far as sharing the land with family, fuck that noise. I couldn’t wait to get the hell away from my family.
View Quote

I love my family and would wish for nothing more than a generational family plot that we all lived and died on.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m a Boomer.  I encourage anyone harboring contempt or hate to blame me.  It’s my fault.  There.  All better.

Meanwhile the greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever known…..continues.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I can't stand him.
Not quite as bad as scotty Kilmer but a close second.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#27]
In this thread, we see who actually watches the 3 min video before commenting. I'm guessing most haven't.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't care. Unsubscribed because of his stupid clickbait titles.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's fun watching him go from hobby farm enthusiasts to complete weirdo over the last 5? years.
View Quote
I think he's been a complete weirdo the whole time. It's just seeped into his videos in the last few years.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’m a Boomer.  I encourage anyone harboring contempt or hate to blame me.  It’s my fault.  There.  All better.

Meanwhile the greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever known…..continues.

View Quote

You left out some stupid meme.
At least the hippies thought music would change the world. Goomers think memes will change the world.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#31]

This is honestly the real take on the whole generational  blame game.

No matter how angry sny younger generation is at the Booners, the Boomers are enjoying their retirement.

It’s like screaming into the wind.  The wind doesn’t care.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The people are completely losing any power they had because people squander everything away and have entirely stopped caring about family wealth.

View Quote

Honestly, I’ve seen far more examples of wealth getting passed down a few generations right up until the generation where the wealth becomes significant but not inexhaustible, and then a generation of lazy, entitled shits squanders it.  

I’m not planning to pass anything down. We will use our built wealth to live the lifestyle we want with no consideration of leaving an estate of any significance.

We insured our kid graduated from a good college debt free.  We’ve provided him with a reliable first vehicle.  We gave him a modest chunk of cash to set aside so he wasn’t living paycheck to paycheck from day 1 in his career.

I believe we gave him a significant head start in life as a true adult.  It’s not my job to insure he has a financial windfall in 20ish years.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Boomers embraced globalization, offshoring, hyper-consumerism, dual income households, abortions, ridiculous hiring qualifications, mass immigration to lower the cost of labor, the mentality that everyone should go to college, etc. Now, at the end of their lives, they've embraced welfare and ponzi schemes. As a whole, they made decisions that benefited them at the expense of all future generations. This should go without saying, but this doesn't apply to every single boomer. I'm not saying that you personally ruined America. However, when viewed on a generational level, the above assessment is accurate.
View Quote

As a boomer, I can honestly say there is not one characterization that you made that is true.   Your statement reeks of personal biases.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#34]
This thread:

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Its sad to see his decline in mental stability.

I don't disagree with boomers being a selfish generation that has lost touch with reality, but his cheese has slowly been sliding off his cracker for a while now.

The whole bed grounding thing was when I started to notice.

And this is from someone who just sees a video of his now and then on Youtube shorts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I, as an early millennial, should be able to opt out of paying Social Security.

If you disagree, well, you're FSA.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf_zps44023202_JPG-109.jpg
View Quote

We have been wanting this since the 1960's. Grow up, you are not the first with someone else's hand in your pocket. Play the hand you were dealt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Honestly, I’ve seen far more examples of wealth getting passed down a few generations right up until the generation where the wealth becomes significant but not inexhaustible, and then a generation of lazy, entitled shits squanders it.  

I’m not planning to pass anything down. We will use our built wealth to live the lifestyle we want with no consideration of leaving an estate of any significance.

We insured our kid graduated from a good college debt free.  We’ve provided him with a reliable first vehicle.  We gave him a modest chunk of cash to set aside so he wasn’t living paycheck to paycheck from day 1 in his career.

I believe we gave him a significant head start in life as a true adult.  It’s not my job to insure he has a financial windfall in 20ish years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure there's any one generation that's worse than others.

As it becomes easier to finance your way through life, it's easier to piss away any accumulation of actual wealth.  You can live rich without being rich, and when the house of cards collapses you'll have nothing to show for it and be entirely dependent on government handouts.  It's almost as if this was planned all along, and those pushing for it were willing to play the long game to achieve their goal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We have been wanting this since the 1960's. Grow up, you are not the first with someone else's hand in your pocket. Play the hand you were dealt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're entitled to my earnings... FSA.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cope and seethe?
And you must want to live like us boomers, after all your whole premise is anger by not being handed down everything from us.
Pretty pathetic that you rage because we’re not dying fast enough and leaving you our life’s work.

View Quote

I’m glad to see you support abolishing social security.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey, works for me, don’t need it and wish they’d never taken it out, just another pyramid scheme that rates up there with Obamacare and welfare.
Had I been able to invest that money I’d be a lot better off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

ETA: user name fits.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Its sad to see his decline in mental stability.

I don't disagree with boomers being a selfish generation that has lost touch with reality, but his cheese has slowly been sliding off his cracker for a while now.

The whole bed grounding thing was when I started to notice.

And this is from someone who just sees a video of his now and then on Youtube shorts.
View Quote

He went off the deep end. Back when he was doing fairly entertaining tool reviews and trying tractor attachments and stuff I could play his videos occasionally. The last one I recall watching he was whining about how someone reacted to him when he was wearing a gun. He pulled up to a single woman stuck in the snow with a video recorder, his goofy fucking pit viper sunglasses and packing iron. I’d imagine the lady thought she was gonna get assraped by a miniature Randy Savage looking mf’er. He’s certified.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Wranglerstar is good people...he also knows how to be a husband. Unlike you all, his wife isn't telling him what to do or how to do it, or with holding pussy unless you bend the knee.

He is right about boomers...their parents the greatest generation, that generation of the GREAT DEPRESSION, gave the boomers their flesh and blood to make sure their kids didn't suffer like they did.,

Did boomers pay it forward?

LMAOOOOO fuck no...at every turn they tried to fuck the generations behind them

No more free college
moved MFG overseas
war on drugs
civil forfeture
the list can go on and on.

I am lucky that my parents were a pay it forward type of parents, and I will do also for my children.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: user name fits.

I missed have hit a nerve...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#46]
No more free college/Was it ever?

moved MFG overseas/Remember “made in Japan”?
That started way before boomers.

war on drugs/Ronald and Nancy Reagan, and even way before that, Reefer Madness ring a bell?

civil forfeture/Goes all the way back to prohibition
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No more free college/Was it ever?

moved MFG overseas/Remember “made in Japan”?
That started way before boomers.

war on drugs/Ronald and Nancy Reagan, and even way before that, Reefer Madness ring a bell?

civil forfeture/Goes all the way back to prohibition
View Quote

college was free

Made in japan was due to boomer economic misteps that caused the dollar to gain too much value.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All he does is bitch and whine. He must be a miserable person to be around
View Quote

Wonder what his screen name is??
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

college was free

Made in japan was due to boomer economic misteps that caused the dollar to gain too much value.
View Quote

College was free until a certain governor of California proposed that colleges should charge tuition.
That policy proved to be the beginning of the end to “free” college.
And who was that terrible governor?

Why none other than Ronald Reagan, certainly not a boomer.

Made in Japan was a result of WWII, and our attempts to rebuild their country afterward, the profit margins began with “the greatest generation ever”.
Many manufacturing industries just switched from war time production to consumer goods.
Look at companies like Mitsubishi, Yamaha, and others.
Plus let’s not forget who was the consumers, yup, Americans right after the war wanted cheaper goods, from textiles to electronics and they turned to Japan for them.
Same with Germany, it wasn’t boomers buying those products, it was those who fought in the war and their families.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And then talk about how the younger generations are “snowflakes”.

View Quote

This forum was like the proto-example of it too. The first 6 years here it was snow flake this, soy boy that. A month of “OK boomer” had them crying so hard people started getting time outs.
Page / 4
Top Top