Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in the army and am no stranger to cursing, myself included, but man there are a lot of F-bombs on that show.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t been through all three pages but Teeter is Michael Landon’s daughter (Jennifer Landon)
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
We enjoy the show and looking forward to season 5. There are some good shootout scenes and it is a gritty version of Dallas. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy the show for the most part. Only thing that pisses me off is the traffic when they're here filming. It is amusing seeing some of the actors at the gas station or grocery store, and nobody gives a shit who they are.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cannot stand Beth. I don’t see why people idolize the character or think she is hot.
View Quote

She is smokin' hot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They only work if you ride horses and poke cows. They are a fantastic piece of Americana but LARPing one is not cool.
View Quote

I can tell you this,  I one a horse ranch,  I recently herniated my l4 and 5 vertebrae.  I still wear my hat but cannot wear my boots kills my lower back.

I went yesterday to help a buddy out and picked up three horses.

I got there as requested at 7:30 am on a Saturday.

Picked up the horses and the owner told me not to come back on his ranch with a hat and running shoes.
Moral of the story, people take hard  seriously,  but do what you want man.   That guy is a jerk and based on the horses being skinny.  He has no right to say anything to me.

Before I hurt my back I rode almost every day sometimes switching out three horses.  And I honestly don’t care what anybody wears big deal.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m always amused the Rip is wearing a $400+/- pair of sunglasses. Yeah, I looked them up, they are nice glasses.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The problem with that show is the story line is so random.

View Quote

Sheridan throws all kind of random "Montana" things into the plot.... Grizzly bear attacks, neo-Nazi militias, dudes fly fishing, cowboys.. if it ever happened here, he's writing it in.

Some other posters commented on all the fancy horse sliding and shit... it's in the show because Sheridan learned how to do some riding and roping.

The only consistent thing about the story line is the fight to preserve the ranch in the family. That's a very real thing in these parts...

And I guess he's consistent with the "We Indians were so wronged. White man stole our land!" thing too. Which is pretty damn dumb since no tribes ever permanently settled in the area, mainly due to the fact that winters are pretty fucking brutal.  It was just various nomadic tribes ambushing other nomadic tribes, for the most part.    Go tell a story about the Cherokees if you're gonna roll with that whole "White man stole our land!" shit...

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can tell you this,  I one a horse ranch,  I recently herniated my l4 and 5 vertebrae.  I still wear my hat but cannot wear my boots kills my lower back.

I went yesterday to help a buddy out and picked up three horses.

I got there as requested at 7:30 am on a Saturday.

Picked up the horses and the owner told me not to come back on his ranch with a hat and running shoes.
Moral of the story, people take hard  seriously,  but do what you want man.   That guy is a jerk and based on the horses being skinny.  He has no right to say anything to me.

Before I hurt my back I rode almost every day sometimes switching out three horses.  And I honestly don’t care what anybody wears big deal.
View Quote

I grew up with horses, I did the boots and hat thing for most of my youth.  I know full well you don't mix running shoes with a CB hat.  LOL, you have a good reason.

I would love to be able to wear a good Stetson.  True America in that company.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Its back on, about that Carhartt, it is on everything.  I can't unsee it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its back on, about that Carhartt, it is on everything.  I can't unsee it.
View Quote

And Filson too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And I guess he's consistent with the "We Indians were so wronged. White man stole our land!" thing too. Which is pretty damn dumb since no tribes ever permanently settled in the area, mainly due to the fact that winters are pretty fucking brutal.  It was just various nomadic tribes ambushing other nomadic tribes, for the most part.    Go tell a story about the Cherokees if you're gonna roll with that whole "White man stole our land!" shit...
View Quote

That's so fucking obnoxious.

- Poster on stolen land that one Indian tribe stole from another Indian tribe before European settlers stole it from them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Soap opera for wannabe rednecks who drink ranch water and boot scoot boogie to gay country music
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I cannot stand Beth. I don’t see why people idolize the character or think she is hot.
View Quote

Look at the post right below yours.  That's why people think she's hot.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
shit, mr. dutton's house is right down the road from me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The scenery is beautiful.
shit, mr. dutton's house is right down the road from me.

I was out there last August. I have family about an hour north of Hamilton. It is beautiful country, though the smoke from the fires, especially in the mornings, made the views a little difficult.

And Laramie is hotter than Teeter.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn

Season 4 Eps 1 is more of war movie than most war movies.  Lots of death and destruction in this one.  

Total insanity.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]
The show is entertaining. Kind of a "Sons of Anarchy" on horseback kinda thing.

Trip is the guy you want with you when the bar fight breaks out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was out there last August. I have family about an hour north of Hamilton. It is beautiful country, though the smoke from the fires, especially in the mornings, made the views a little difficult.

View Quote
i did a bunch of fiber work in hamilton back in the day.

big fan of that area.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
truly a get both type situation.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
So cowboys.

Why are there some cowboys who post like an english saddle rider?  I rode and showed quarter horses as a teen and we didn't do that in western saddle (at a trot/jog)  We trained the horse to trot softly, that was the goal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I could break Beth.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I could break Beth.
View Quote

No, no you couldn't.  No one can.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don’t see why people think she’s hot? Get your eyes checked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t see why people think she’s hot? Get your eyes checked.

She’s naked a time or two if I remember right and at 44 she’s taken very good care of herself. Definitely Hot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So cowboys.

Why are there some cowboys who post like an english saddle rider?  I rode and showed quarter horses as a teen and we didn't do that in western saddle (at a trot/jog)  We trained the horse to trot softly, that was the goal.
View Quote

Posting benefits the horse on long rides. It takes weight off of the hind quarters when the back legs are moving forward creating less fatigue.

ETA: I rode both English hunt seat and western as a kid.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Posting benefits the horse on long rides. It takes weight off of the hind quarters when the back legs are moving forward creating less fatigue.

View Quote

So it is a real thing?  Real cowboys will post, not just actors with shitty training?  Interesting that they got that right and went to that length to be correct.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
too much fucking swearing
View Quote

So what , cocksucker (In Al S. Voice) ?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So it is a real thing?  Real cowboys will post, not just actors with shitty training?  Interesting that they got that right and went to that length to be correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's rare enough in movie/shows that I notice it when I see it. I believe you can see it in Bite the Bullet and Hidalgo, both movies involving long distance racing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#31]
What bugged me the most about the show is it isn’t about Montana Ranching.

It isn’t even about Californians ranching.

It’s exactly how every out of state Californian would run a ranch in Montana given the chance.  

Calfirnians are horrible neighbors and basically tell everyone “screw off this is my land” and act like giant ducks because they got their own place and they are their own castle……

Even the biggest asshole Montanan is a better neighbor in general.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I like it for a gritty escape but the dropped plot points that get overlooked haunt me. They built up the dinosaur bones as a catalyst and after season 1, forgot about it. Then season 2, there’s an armed bomb in a Cessna’s fuel tank. Did we just forget about that like it isn’t there?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top