User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is 'sacreligious', but a series 70 full size 1911 with an external extractor and a Wilson / Nowlin style feed ramp is what I would pick.
Don't think that exists in a factory gun though.   A Sig 1911 will get you that in series 80.
View Quote

Not sacrilegious at all.

The 5” Colt S70 Government 1911A1 (and in .45acp, not 9-minimeter) was thoroughly endorsed by the late, great Fred Rexer, a ‘Nam Vet and published expert on the proper use of the 1911 for street survival. None better,  ….. certainly not the latest rash of budget knock-offs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S6TJ30?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Scenario, you can have any 9mm, 1911 on the planet, it must be a standard order item that anyone can buy. Your life depends on it being able to shoot 1,000 rounds with 100% function. Your choice of magazines. You can clean and oil it out of the box and after every 100 rounds. No mods, no 'tuning', no alterations of any sort.

Which one do you pick? Let's say under $5,000, the less expensive, the better.

I was talking with the guy next to me on the plane. He wants to shoot more and to be proficient. Afterwards I was thinking to myself of what firearm I would recommend for him to get.
View Quote

Alchemy. Then decide capacity needs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
A tisas, gov model 45acp stock out of the box.   I have long past 1000 round
Mac
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alchemy
View Quote
+1 on this according to testimony and everything I've read.
If I had to pick what I own, I've a Springer RO elite 9mm that has never even stuttered.  Mim parts and all, the damn thing just runs.

Currently vetting a 2015 Guardian 9mm, it's had some stoppages....trying to work out the bugs, but seems a solid platform.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you limiting it to a single stack 9mm 1911?
Otherwise, Staccato.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1 on this according to testimony and everything I've read.
If I had to pick what I own, I've a Springer RO elite 9mm that has never even stuttered.  Mim parts and all, the damn thing just runs.

Currently vetting a 2015 Guardian 9mm, it's had some stoppages....trying to work out the bugs, but seems a solid platform.
View Quote

The only stoppages my ACW has had were with LE trade in ammo with bullet setback that I didn't catch when loading mags. It's a .45 though.

DWs can have tight extractors.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only stoppages my ACW has had were with LE trade in ammo with bullet setback that I didn't catch when loading mags. It's a .45 though.

DWs can have tight extractors.
View Quote
Wanting an Alchemy.

Some day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wanting an Alchemy.

Some day.
View Quote

Tis worth the delayed gratification

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you limiting it to a single stack 9mm 1911?
Otherwise, Staccato.
View Quote

Yes, single stack
Yes, 9mm

The DW Pointman has caught my eye.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top