Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2024 4:21:51 PM EDT
Picked up the Smith/Lipsey’s 432 for $699. Excited!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  The 432/632 is on my 2024 short list.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a Pro. Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, paid $729 for mine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! I think I paid $650 for mine. It wears Hogue "full" size rubber grips now. Much more comfortable and I need a three-finger grip.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#5]
Congrats.

I got mine a few weeks ago.  Everything was GTG except the trigger was horrible.  Grips are nice but weigh a ton.  Other than the caliber, I really don't think these are worth the $700+ price tag.  And I wouldn't recommend the .38 version, as I don't think it does much more than a 442/642 with paint on the front sight.  Just my opinion.

I wanted two handguns I saw from SHOT 2024 & have since got both of them.  The Canik TTI Combat & this one.  Both have underwhelmed me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
When I bought my UC432 I already had the .32 Mag Federal 85 gr JHP and .32 S&W Long 100 gr LRN that the sights on this revolver are supposed to be regulate for.  At 15 yards I'm hitting 6"-8" low.  At 7 yards, 2"-3" low.  Windage is right on.  This is frustrating as Lipsey's made a BIG DEAL of how these sights were regulated to these specific loads.  Has anyone else had a similar experience, and besides changing front sights, is there anything else I can do?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By roadstar:
When I bought my UC432 I already had the .32 Mag Federal 85 gr JHP and .32 S&W Long 100 gr LRN that the sights on this revolver are supposed to be regulate for.  At 15 yards I'm hitting 6"-8" low.  At 7 yards, 2"-3" low.  Windage is right on.  This is frustrating as Lipsey's made a BIG DEAL of how these sights were regulated to these specific loads.  Has anyone else had a similar experience, and besides changing front sights, is there anything else I can do?
View Quote

I thought the were regulated for Buffalo Bore 100Gn?

Are you aiming using the tip of the front sight or the center of the front dot? The sights might be intended to shoot to the dot, which I hate personally.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Are you aiming using the tip of the front sight or the center of the front dot? The sights might be intended to shoot to the dot, which I hate personally.
View Quote

Tip of front sight, center of target.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sounds like they might be shoot to the dot sights. Lost River Ammunition claims their load is designed for your gun
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Sounds like they might be shoot to the dot sights. Lost River Ammunition claims their load is designed for your gun
View All Quotes

Thanks StevenH.  I'm happy to report that Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's is helping me out.  He had me take some measurements and I'm waiting for his response.  I'll post my progress.  I appreciate the Lost River tip.  I'll look them up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice catch. As much as the 442/642,etc., models are going for, I wish S&W would just add real/inexpensive sights to them. What a difference a real pair of sights make.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 2:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KuduKing] [#12]
Those ultra-hyped and under-performing "Ultimate Crappy" models have been a disaster QC-wise (as are most new production S&W J frames), especially in 32 H&R.  Head over to the smith-wesson forum and read the tales of woe.  From dead front sights, to bad cylinder ratchets, to poor frame fit, hammer pivots separating, etc.   FYI I am S&W factory trained revolver armorer, and have owned scores of S&W revolvers over the years, and still own a couple two three dozen.

A friend of mine - a fellow .32 calibre nut - paid for and ordered one, waited months, and NIB you could slip a dime into the yoke/frame gap, and the trigger pull was rough on several chambers.  Went right back to S&W, who replaced the entire gun.  Yoke gap still wasn't what it's supposed to be, but good enough not to be send back to risk something else going wrong.

For the money charged, it's not worth it in my opinion.  A plain-jane version as S&W used to make would have been fine, but the Ultimate Crappy has more profit built in with useless "features".  Here's a "pocket" snubnose with gigundo grips that are as hard as woodpecker lips, and a "tritium sight" that looks like a sail for snagging on a pocket and shooting at 10 feet, and  which doesn't give a correct sight picture in any light.  Add incompetent assembly, non-existent quality inspection and $200 overpriced.... and you have the modern Smith & Wesson Company in action.

Re the standard J-frame fixed sights:  not a damn thing wrong with them.  These are close-range weapons, designed to be snag-free.  That big stupid dot on the Ultimate Crappy isn't snag-free, but it sure is a marketing gimmick.  I have an original 431PD .32 H&R made 2005-2010.  Plain milled-in J frame sights.  Revolver puts all 6 rounds on a Q Target @ 50 yards if I do my part. Put some 10 cent bright paint on the front sight and there's your "hi-viz" sight.  The XS is too large and improperly shaped to do any sort of accurate work.  It's a revolver, not a shotgun. Once again, we have the modern gunsumer thinking that some new gimmick is a substitute for learning how to shoot.

The rest of their J-frame line is similarly deprived.  The Model 36 Classic finely blued revolver at nearly $1000 - I purchased one last August and returned it THREE TIMES in a row, without them fixing the problem.  The forcing cone/barrel shank looked like it was filed with a wood rasp and the ragged edges tore up the cylinder face.  S&W "repair" was to make them less raspy.  After three consecutive returns I had to call in a favor with an executive there, and the revolver was replaced.

A client purchased Performance Center Model 340s for himself and his wife.  One of them binds up after 50 rounds of ammo.  At my LGS I examined 3 NIB J-frames including a PC gun, and only one of them was in spec and fully functional:  a plain jane Model 442.  One had a dead XS tritium sight (seeing a pattern here), and the other had a rough DA pull.

S&W has never been perfect, but today they are an abomination when it comes to revolvers.  Not paying the wages necessary to hire the right workers, not training them properly, and no quality inspection.  The bean counters have decided that 1) modern gunsumers are pistol shooters that have no idea what to expect in a quality revolver, 2) modern gunsumers rarely shoot the guns they buy, therefore 3) it is less expensive to pay for overnight Fedex both ways and repair and/or replacement for the handful of buyers that complain, than to make the guns correctly the first time.

Sad.

S&W is smart though.  Every third gun they let a good one slip out, so you can think you're going to get a good one too.

PS.  You could buy a NIB Charter Arms .32 H&R for less than half the money, and have the same or better chance of it working correctly out of the box.  And they have a lifetime warranty as well, and they get the gun repaired back to you faster.  Won't look as nice, but functionally not much different.  I have about a dozen Charters and their track record of reliability vs new S&W is actually better.  I received 3 new production S&W revolvers in the past three years:  S&W replaced two as defective, and the third I worked on myself since it was gift and got it functional.  In that same time frame, I bought 9 Charter revolvers, sent three back for repair:  Charter replaced one and repaired the other two.  No problems with any of them since. I have four .32 H&R guns and they shoot just fine.

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn!

Maybe I should buy a Taurus
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000019337-3259531.jpg

This is my 442 Performance Center I bought new probably 10 years ago. It is at S&W now for an evaluation. I put up with it for too long and had Crimson Trace grips on it.

I had made up my mind to buy one of these new 432s because I love 32 caliber stuff, but am glad I held off I guess.
View Quote

Is that front sight canted right?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000019337-3259531.jpg

This is my 442 Performance Center I bought new probably 10 years ago. It is at S&W now for an evaluation. I put up with it for too long and had Crimson Trace grips on it.

I had made up my mind to buy one of these new 432s because I love 32 caliber stuff, but am glad I held off I guess.

Probably this .

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Owners- so now that these have been out a while, do you still like them?  Good trigger and build quality?  Worth $830 once tax, shipping, and transfer fees are all included?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By YGBSM:
Owners- so now that these have been out a while, do you still like them?  Good trigger and build quality?  Worth $830 once tax, shipping, and transfer fees are all included?
View Quote
Absolutely love mine. Barely carried anything else. Great trigger and build quality on mine. No way I would pay $830 though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top