Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2024 11:38:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567]
For those looking for ammo choices for their new S&W 432UC in .32 H&R, here's some ballistic gel info.  .38 Special is also covered.

S&W ULTIMATE CARRY: BALLISTIC TESTING - American Handgunner

Some highlights:

The Hornady Critical Defense load in .32 H&R had good penetration (15") but with less expansion.  Verus the Double Tap .32 H&R which had 13" of penetration with excellent expansion.  I live in a hot climate where multiple layers of clothing are rarely worn.  So, either of these HP's would work for me.  If in a colder climate, a WC may be preferred for deeper penetration.  

Double Tap is also offering a Snake load that is backed-up by a solid projectile.  This allows the load to serve as a snake round or SD round.

And every time I've ordered direct from DT, I wasn't charged tax or shipping.

Penetration Results
.32 H&R Magnum
• Doubletap Ammunition, Snake Load: Pellets penetrated 2-3? and hardcast 40-grain slug penetrated 8-9?
• Doubletap Ammunition, 60-grain Solid Copper HP: Penetrated 13” with perfect expansion.
• Doubletap Ammunition, Hardcast 120-grain: 32”+, exiting two blocks of ballistic gel.
• Lost River Ammunition Company, 100-grain Powder Coated Wadcutter: 24”
• Hornady, Critical Defense 80-grain FTX: 15” with expansion
• Federal Ammunition, Personal Defense: 85-grain JHP: 16”

.38 Special Loads
• Doubletap Ammunition, Snake Load: Pellets penetrated 2-3?, gas check 2” and 50-grain Wadcutter 8”
• Double Tap Ammunition, +P 110-grain Solid Copper HP: 16-18?
• Georgia Arms, 148-grain Wadcutter: 20”
• FederalAmmunition, Hydra-Shok Deep +P JHP: 14”
• Speer, Gold Dot +P JHP: 15”

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:17:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#1]
Thanks for the info. I've been eyeballing the 432 but hoping the price will come down a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top