Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Springfeild's New Gun (Page 5 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: right_rudder] [#1]
Finally got a holster for mine yesterday and started carrying it.

may order one of those larger frames along with the threaded barrel.
I've got about 350 rounds through mine and not one issue. Not even a minor one.

ETA: spelling
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Got 700 thru mine now.  Mix of range ammo.  Also Hornady 135+p Criticial Duty, 124+p Gold Dot, 147 HST.  No malfunctions, no issues with magazines coming apart.  It's accurate and easy to shoot with both irons and with a dot.   I'd like to see a midsized, 4 inch with a 15 round grip.  And I'd really like to see this in .45 with a 15 round capacity.  Perhaps a .22 companion for training and plinking.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
Got 700 thru mine now.  Mix of range ammo.  Also Hornady 135+p Criticial Duty, 124+p Gold Dot, 147 HST.  No malfunctions, no issues with magazines coming apart.  It's accurate and easy to shoot with both irons and with a dot.   I'd like to see a midsized, 4 inch with a 15 round grip.  And I'd really like to see this in .45 with a 15 round capacity.  Perhaps a .22 companion for training and plinking.
View Quote
I've said it before, the test is going to be when they come out with the mid size/compact, how they handle the conversion kits (or IF they do conversion kits).

if they do like sig and it's almost the same money to just buy a complete gun then I think it'll be a harder sell getting people to adopt the platform
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog93] [#4]
Originally Posted By glock24:
Rented one and ran a box of 115g Magtech ball through it this morning

Pros

- 100% reliable range gun  (who knew? )
- Initial ergonomic feel was great, and grip angle seemed about perfect for me   (CZ/1911 = perfect.  Glock/Sig P320 = not quite)
- Love, love the slide cuts.  Very easy manipulation anywhere I touched it
- Great slide-to-frame fit, with a ball bearing type feel.  HS Produkt really did a nice job there.

Cons

- An almost non-existent trigger reset sensation.  I just couldn't find it, and found myself slapping at the trigger more than usual
- I get a bad frame bite in the web of my thumb.  It's right where the upper tang area radius transitions round to the side of the frame.  The web of my hand was dark purple and painful after 50 rounds.  I've had this happen with the HK P30 and pretty much any Ruger as well.

I really, really, really want to like it.  I'm ready to divorce my Glocks.  But I think I'm gonna wait.  I did preorder the small- frame module in hopes of improving the frame bite. Hell, I might preorder the large-frame module too. I'm really not sure how to reposition my hand yet.

And I'm hopeful the light reset will be addressed by some 3rd party.  Maybe Apex Tactical.

Anyway, your mileage may vary obviously, but I'm hitting pause to see where this goes.  Besides, I really want a five inch slide anyway.

Cheers

View Quote

Sounds like the same trigger the xdm elite series has. You get used to it, but I wish it had a solid reset like a walther or canik trigger.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I held one in the Local range today. I like it so far.
Only 3 mins worth of time, but the trigger is smooth, though a little heavy for my taste. Reset is just fine.
Grip texture is good, seems to point ok with the med back strap for me. Small would be better.
Sights are good outside of SA stupid ass white underline on the rear.
Might pick one up, but not sure I want to be an early adopter, plus having to buy new mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
I held one in the Local range today. I like it so far.
Only 3 mins worth of time, but the trigger is smooth, though a little heavy for my taste. Reset is just fine.
Grip texture is good, seems to point ok with the med back strap for me. Small would be better.
Sights are good outside of SA stupid ass white underline on the rear.
Might pick one up, but not sure I want to be an early adopter, plus having to buy new mags.
View Quote

Yeah I shot a few mags then immediately sharpied the white line on the U notch. U notches are my preference but the white underline was dumb
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjfoeLfICg
View Quote

this is playing on my TV right now..haha
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

For those that can't assemble the extended baseplate correctly...
Taran got ya covered
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#11]

Are those dedicated Echelon base plates or a generic fit?
View Quote

Taran

Fit xdm and echelon
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Heading back out
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: country_boy87] [#14]
Another 200 rounds through mine, zero issues.  Haven’t accidentally hit the mag release like some reviews point to.
I don’t slam or throw it.  But, I do drop the mags on rocky/sandy soil.
There’s a YouTube review recently of it getting drugged behind a truck and thrown in a pond.  I think that’s a little extreme and should be done for other brand to be fair  but, hey that’s me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
700 rds of FMJ

Multiple mags of different JHPs

boring reliable so far.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got to handle one today. $649 for the night eight version. I really liked it and would like to pick one up in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#17]
With the Taran baseplate I was getting +3

Functioned great
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Wanted to share a couple holster options for the Echelon.   1st is a Blackhawk T series duty holster.  Yes I know it's Blackhawk but this is really a step up from the Serpas.

This one is for a Glock with a TLR-1 mounted.   The retention is on the light and not the gun so I tried the Echelon.  Had to relieve a little material inside due to different slide shape but it was a quick and easy job and the Echelon fits great.

Attachment Attached File

2nd is a Safariland 578 Pro, Standard size.  Solid fit with an optic but cant run a light.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a 6354DO for a G17 x300,  I modded to work with an SRO it works with it
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]

I like the T Series. It seems to be a good durable holster. Fairly quick too.

Can you post a pic or two of the inside and where you removed the material?  And how does it work now with a Glock?

BH does make the T for a Glock with a Surefire X300. I assume your mod would also work with that holster.
View Quote

I had to file down a ridge that runs thru this part.  

Attachment Attached File

Didn't take much and still secures the Glock just fine.  

I also discovered it will fit in my Safariland 73 series for Glock 17.   With a caveat.  It won't fit with the TLR-1.  But it will fit with a Fenix GL19.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:

I had to file down a ridge that runs thru this part.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20230829_151216_jpg-2936668.JPG

Didn't take much and still secures the Glock just fine.  

I also discovered it will fit in my Safariland 73 series for Glock 17.   With a caveat.  It won't fit with the TLR-1.  But it will fit with a Fenix GL19.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20230829_175003_jpg-2936671.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20230829_180949_jpg-2936673.JPG
View Quote

How's the Fenix WML? I'm a big fan of their hand-helds.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

How's the Fenix WML? I'm a big fan of their hand-helds.
View Quote

I'm really happy with the GL19R.  With just one battery it's nice and slim, not any wider than the slide really.  Plenty bright with good throw.  I've got a GL06 and a GL22 as well.  The 06 is nice for a compact light.  Fits well on G45 or FN509.  The GL22 is bright as hell but with the laser, I don't have any holsters that it will fit in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Threaded barrel has arrived!
now to decide on an optic.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Had a chance to put some rounds through one today while out on the range.  Gun shot pretty well and accuracy was good too.  The only issue I have with it is my trigger finger is either getting pinched by the trigger safety or the shape of the trigger shoe is catching my finger on the right side of the shoe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DamnYankee01] [#27]
I picked up an Echelon over the weekend and shot just about 300 rounds of mixed range ammo and 50 of HST 124gr with no issues. Smooth and accurate. I wear a medium glove and actually prefer the large backstrap on it. Gonna pick up some extra mags and probably get the large aggressive texture grip module soon. I like aggressive texture on my grips. I’m really liking this pistol.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DamnYankee01:
I picked up an Echelon over the weekend and shot just about 300 rounds of mixed range ammo and 50 of HST 124gr with no issues. Smooth and accurate. I wear a medium glove and actually prefer the large backstrap on it. Gonna pick up some extra mags and probably get the large aggressive texture grip module soon. I like aggressive texture on my grips. I’m really liking this pistol.
View Quote

The large/aggressive texture is right up your alley. I was happy with the aggressiveness of the texture
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked up my Echelon yesterday from my LGS. My T-Rex Ragnorok for my P320 TRL-1 fit the Echelon like a glove.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys that haven't installed an optic yet need to go check the torque on the plate screws.

when I purchased mine I had seen some early reports of them coming off.
I thought mine wouldn't have the problem because I had 500+ rounds through with no problems but sure enough.. today the plate came flying off and I found it and the screws but never found one of the installed pins.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lsufan1971:
Picked up my Echelon yesterday from my LGS. My T-Rex Ragnorok for my P320 TRL-1 fit the Echelon like a glove.
View Quote

my safariland showed up today.  Time to put a qls on it
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Which did you get? 6390 or 6360?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:

my safariland showed up today.  Time to put a qls on it

Which did you get? 6390 or 6360?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:12:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Castrolr1] [#35]
I believe it's the same one they were sending out in the echelon kits to Youtubers.

I did the pre-order about a month ago.

Called Tier 1 and they said they had no plans for the echelon at the moment.
so i got this BIG ridiculous thing for an Achilles class coming up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Aha!  The "concealment" holster.
View Quote

I usually get the 6378 because the bolt holes are higher on the holster so it rides lower

I still don’t know why they list it as “concealment” just because it normally comes with a paddle they have for years
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:

I usually get the 6378 because the bolt holes are higher on the holster so it rides lower

I still don’t know why they list it as “concealment” just because it normally comes with a paddle they have for years
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:

Aha!  The "concealment" holster.

I'd have to wear a 3X coat to conceal this thing  
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#39]
https://www.bordertownholsters.com/ offers holsters for the echelon as well as tons of light options.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 11:38:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Big_Brakes] [#40]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
You guys that haven't installed an optic yet need to go check the torque on the plate screws.

when I purchased mine I had seen some early reports of them coming off.
I thought mine wouldn't have the problem because I had 500+ rounds through with no problems but sure enough.. today the plate came flying off and I found it and the screws but never found one of the installed pins.

View Quote

Took my Echelon out for first range trip today.  Can confirm this as issue.  I had read your comment before going and tightened screws as a precaution.  300 rounds in and one screw gone and plate loose.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Removed plate and finished up another 200 rounds.  Zero issues with any of the ammo from cheap 115 white box, 124 blazer, 124+P HST, 147 HST, 135+ Crit Duty, Sig 124 JHP.  

Pistol seemed to prefer the 124gr stuff but that’s just my opinion.  All grouped well.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This is rapid firing the cheap ammo…
Attachment Attached File

Was irritated by the plate coming loose.  I called Springfield while on the range.  Got someone on the line immediately and they have new hardware on the way.  

We’ll see how it goes next trip out.  Need to decide on OWB holster now.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:45:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HomeAtLast] [#41]
The Echelon magazines do not work with Wolf steel cased ammo.
The follower get stuck in the magazine body...

That's with the 20 round mag and multiple 17 round magazines
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#44]

I thought that the idea was to eliminate the need for plates
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 10:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#45]
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:

I thought that the idea was to eliminate the need for plates
View Quote

Well besides the acro obviously needing a plate. The others are basically just space fillers with lugs and still mounting direct to the slide. Like Shadow systems etc.  M&P CORE etc
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I may or may not have found something odd.  I’ve not found it on other pistols I own.

When the pistol is loaded, if you do a press check the pistol will not return to full battery.

You have to thumb check it to put it back onto a firing state. It only does this with a round in the chamber, it will not do it without. You could theoretically put the gun back in the holster without it being in a firing state.

I have removed the optic, thus thinking the screws were a little long and still have the same result.  We have two examples doing the same thing so I’m wondering is anyone else is getting the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I may or may not have found something odd.  I've not found it on other pistols I own.

When the pistol is loaded, if you do a press check the pistol will not return to full battery.

You have to thumb check it to put it back onto a firing state. It only does this with a round in the chamber, it will not do it without. You could theoretically put the gun back in the holster without it being in a firing state.

I have removed the optic, thus thinking the screws were a little long and still have the same result.  We have two examples doing the same thing so I'm wondering is anyone else is getting the same thing.
View Quote
I wouldn't say that's uncommon even in some other pistols. When the barrel unlocks and starts tilting down, the case rim slides down a bit and angles against the breach face and extractor, and could bind it up from snapping back into battery. It might smooth out with use but I've had that happen with new Glock clone builds using mixmaster parts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#48]
Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I may or may not have found something odd.  I’ve not found it on other pistols I own.

I have removed the optic, thus thinking the screws were a little long and still have the same result.  We have two examples doing the same thing so I’m wondering is anyone else is getting the same thing.
View Quote

Yeah every browning action pistol can do that. Not abnormal. You can also push them out of battery when holstering.  You’re describing a user induced malfunction lol

Also, can just look at the side and see if it’s got a round chambered with like most modern pistols
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I’ve seen a few examples when the guns get really dirty. I’ve personally never had it on any platform.

While is and isn’t a user error, this example demonstrates this issue much more than anything I’ve witnessed. Thus my posting my findings.
Page / 9
Springfeild's New Gun (Page 5 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top