Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  This seems to be gaining momentum.

I'm working at The Basin for the morning half of Saturday and will free up around lunch time for the afternoon.

NoVaGator: Fight the Good Fight and heal well.

My little cabin is a bit rustic for guests - that and the tiny quarters is a bit crowded with me, my lady and our cats. So, sorry, not enough room for me put people up.

I'll sort out the details with those that have contacted me as the scene develops.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting close! Looks like A-Basin should get some snow out of this storm and there may be another right before next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there anybody that could possibly take in a Utahn? I'm still trying to nail things down regarding work, so it's tentative. But I hear CO is having an awesome year and I want to get in on that.

Really, the garage is fine so long as it's above 40...
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
That would be sweet if you can make it, retgarr.

On another note. What are people planning for lunch for Saturday? Slopes can secure 1 spot on the beach for us. Do we want to hang out there, grill some hot dogs and have a cooler of beer? Or, would people prefer to buy food?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice !!

My day is shaping up for me to be get out of work at 12-1:00. That should allow for some good time in the afternoon.

The conditions right now are outstanding.

I only have a small charcoal Weber grill. But I will gladly bring it. In fact, my girl is a vegetarian, so someone could probably just take the grill home with them !
I should be able to park my vehicle up close near the pay spots. My vehicle can be moved and someone with more gear can take the spot.

This is gonna be fun !

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
If nobody has spare space available, anyone know a cheap place to stay?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there anybody that could possibly take in a Utahn? I'm still trying to nail things down regarding work, so it's tentative. But I hear CO is having an awesome year and I want to get in on that.

View Quote

Well I already extended the offer to spyderboy03 sooooo what the hell one more couldn't hurt.
I live in Golden so that kinda shortens up the drive a bit. I hope you guys don't mind a super friendly rottweiler two kids and a somewhat evil cat.

Oh yeah the wife and stepdaughter are gingers so there's that to consider as well
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
So what time are we meeting up there on Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well I already extended the offer to spyderboy03 sooooo what the hell one more couldn't hurt.
I live in Golden so that kinda shortens up the drive a bit. I hope you guys don't mind a super friendly rottweiler two kids and a somewhat evil cat.

Oh yeah the wife and stepdaughter are gingers so there's that to consider as well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, arfcom sleepover at denverdan's place
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't tell them about the secret room in the basement.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what are you saying? I'll need benadryl for the cat and a crucifix for the gingers?

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So what are you saying? I'll need benadryl for the cat and a crucifix for the gingers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it couldn't hurt.
I'll im you and spyder my phone number so when you get your travel plans finalized I can give you an address/directions.

Andrasik can vouch for me I'm not a kill crazy maniac......... For the most part.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#13]
ok there's zero chance that I'll be able to ski by the weekend

Stitches are coming out on the 10th

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I thought I was special

As far as time, I'd like to get there by 8ish, so I am going to go by the advise of you front rangers...
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As far as time, I'd like to get there by 8ish, so I am going to go by the advise of you front rangers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we gunning for first chair time frame?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't say no to that. My thinking is along the lines of trying to get there and maybe get another spot next to Slopes, on the beach. I'd also like to find him and buy my lift ticket early enough to be able to wait for/meet people as they show up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say no to that. My thinking is along the lines of trying to get there and maybe get another spot next to Slopes, on the beach. I'd also like to find him and buy my lift ticket early enough to be able to wait for/meet people as they show up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It generally takes about two hours to get there from my place. That being said we went with andrasik and his wife a few weeks ago and it took 3.5 hours.

So we should probably shoot for a fairly early departure time like 0530 to be safe.
You guys are traveling a helluva long ways I would hate to spend quality ride time on the I-70 comedy show.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It generally takes about two hours to get there from my place. That being said we went with andrasik and his wife a few weeks ago and it took 3.5 hours.

So we should probably shoot for a fairly early departure time like 0530 to be safe.
You guys are traveling a helluva long ways I would hate to spend quality ride time on the I-70 comedy show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that ride up fucking sucked.  I was like "If this is what snowboarding is, peace, I'm out."

Also yeah, denverdan isn't a psychotic killer, I promise
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Also, 0530?  Jesus.  That time shouldn't exist.

I'll meet you guys up there at like noon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, that ride up fucking sucked.  I was like "If this is what snowboarding is, peace, I'm out."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what the psycho killer's accomplice always says!

Even on a bad day it only takes like 1.5-2.5 hours to get to any of the resorts here. And by bad I am talking weather.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I was told by numerous people that 3.5 hours was extremely unusual.  We'll see on Saturday, eh?

(In all fairness, it had just snowed like 82.9 feet in the mountains that week, and everyone wanted to get in on the powder.)
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#22]
2-3 hours??? Sweet jeebuz, how do you people with season tickets do it? Couldn't you move Denver closer?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
2-3 hours??? Sweet jeebuz, how do you people with season tickets do it? Couldn't you move Denver closer?
View Quote

Yeah it's usually closer to two hours but it does get retarded occasionally. On big snow weekends, holidays, Christmas break those sorts of weekends. Or if a Texan happens to wad his rented SUV up and jack up. I -70

It's pretty much one way out of Denver to Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin , Loveland, Copper Mountain, and Winter Park.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah it's usually closer to two hours but it does get retarded occasionally. On big snow weekends, holidays, Christmas break those sorts of weekends. Or if a Texan happens to wad his rented SUV up and jack up. I -70

It's pretty much one way out of Denver to Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin , Loveland, Copper Mountain, and Winter Park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One time it took me 1.5 hours to get back because it was dumping at a few inches an hour. Of course that was pretty much the only time we got that much this year...
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice !!

denverdan - Thanks, I'm glad someone can accommodate the overnighters. My place really wouldn't work. It's tiny, crowded and we have no running water. That and it's the middle of my busy workweek. Thanks.

Saturday is expected to be busy- allow plenty of travel time. NOAA is calling for a chance of a trace - but it doesn't take much to bungle up a travel Saturday on I-70. The forecast is calling for partial clearing in the afternoon. Nice !

The skiing is great. We got in some skiing on the Upper east wall yesterday. March 5! Outstanding.

I'll be working in the ticket / pass office that day. So stop in and say "Hi". The Arfcommer code phrase for a ticket deal can be:
"The chair is against the wall."
I'm still shooting for a lunch or just after release from work. There'll be plenty of time left for some skiing around. I don't think I should be accounted for in any lunch plans you guys may make, but should I bring that little charcoal grill?

Looking forward to it - Saturdays are busy, but it will be fun.

Cheers!

-John C.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#27]
DenverDan's wife here. Conditions should be great this weekend. Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!  

"URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER/BOULDER CO

458 AM MST THU MAR 6 2014

...MORE SNOW FOR THE MOUNTAINS TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

.PACIFIC MOISTURE AND AN UPPER DISTURBANCE WILL COMBINE TO BRING

SNOW TO THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO. SNOW WILL
LIKELY BEGIN OVER THE PARK AND GORE RANGES THIS EVENING...THEN
SPREAD EAST TO THE MOUNTAINS NEAR ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
AROUND MIDNIGHT...THEN SOUTH ACROSS INTERSTATE 70 TO THE MOUNTAINS
OF SUMMIT COUNTY FRIDAY MORNING. UPSLOPE CONDITIONS AND POSSIBLE
CONVECTION WILL BRING 5 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS
WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS EXPECTED OVER THE FRONT RANGE MOUNTAINS."
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully it doesn't slow tomorrow's drive too much! Should be a great day of riding!
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
DenverDan's wife here.
View Quote

Coolest new title ever.

Hopefully that won't cock up the drive up there on Saturday.

ret and spyder - do you guys wanna go do dinner and grab a beer or something when you get into Denver?  Give me a shout if so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Coolest new title ever.

ret and spyder - do you guys wanna go do dinner and grab a beer or something when you get into Denver?  Give me a shout if so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DenverDan's wife here.

Coolest new title ever.

Yeah, I'm up for that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm up for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DenverDan's wife here.

Coolest new title ever.

Yeah, I'm up for that.

Cool, I'll shoot you my number.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm up for something. My plan is to leave by 1 pm at the latest. Hoping the roads won't get too bad...I don't want people slowing me down!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Coolest new title ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DenverDan's wife here.

Coolest new title ever.

I'm a fan of her title as well  

I was actually gonna text you today and see if you guys wanted to get together with these guys when they get in town.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Currently it's hammering out. Conditions will most definitely be good tomorrow.

The last several Saturdays travel has been FUBAR. And we have a busy day with reservations here. I would allow plenty of time for travel and still expect possible traffic problems. The area will be busy tomorrow.

I will be in the ticket pass office and it will be busy in there. I will leave appropriate info to hook up ticket deals with my coworkers too in case I'm bogged down. But they'll need to hear the code phrase of course.

We're expecting to see clearing skies in the afternoon. But right now it's dumping out

Cheers!

-JC

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Currently it's hammering out. Conditions will most definitely be good tomorrow.
The last several Saturdays travel has been FUBAR. And we have a busy day with reservations here. I would allow plenty of time for travel and still expect possible traffic problems. The area will be busy tomorrow.
I will be in the ticket pass office and it will be busy in there. I will leave appropriate info to hook up ticket deals with my coworkers too in case I'm bogged down. But they'll need to hear the code phrase of course.
We're expecting to see clearing skies in the afternoon. But right now it's dumping out
Cheers!

-JC
View Quote

Sweet! Gonna be an early morning!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#36]
it's snowing like a madman in Boulder right now
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#37]
We have had periods of snow and periods of rain over here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Dude that looks gnarly (the wrist that is).  

Also snowing like a madman here in Westminster, too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#40]
S2s just imed you.

See you guys tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#41]
That was a drive and a half. Good call on Biker Jim's andrasik!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That was a drive and a half. Good call on Biker Jim's andrasik!
View Quote
Haha just got off the phone with him. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#43]
So I'm hoping to be up around one. Ill man the grill.
I have a little camping stove to bring. I'll grab some food to grill also.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#44]
TRULY sorry I'm going to miss y'all tomorrow... Enjoy and JC is a great guy.   Hope he can find some time to meet all you knotheads, but I'm sure he'll be plenty busy given this dump.

My late 70's parents managed to fly in/get parked before the storm hit this morning.  

Call it guilt, REGARDLESS I suspect "we" and A-B will be around WAY longer than my folks and opportunity to gather w/ one of my sons, plus nephews, nieces, sister, brother won't be... Priorities for a 50+ "senior citizen"!

Hope all stay safe and enjoy a blower day!

B2

ETA:  Just sent another $50 to http://www.colorado2a.org/ to pay penance... It for the children and beers I didn't buy!  

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#45]
have a great time with your family,  babirl!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#46]
this ungodly hour shouldn't exist
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#47]
on the road...and moving!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#48]
OK. I'm in the Season Pass Office today (for now). Just stop in and say "Hi".

I parked my White 1989 Jeep Cherokee 2 door on the Beach directly across from the Molly Hogan beginner's chairlift. It's next to the trash / recycling barrels w/ a Sig Academy sticker on the back window. Feel free to make that home-base.

Safe travels everyone! It's beautiful up here right now.

Cheers!

-JC

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OK. I'm in the Season Pass Office today (for now). Just stop in and say "Hi".

I parked my White 1989 Jeep Cherokee 2 door on the Beach directly across from the Molly Hogan beginner's chairlift. It's next to the trash / recycling barrels w/ a Sig Academy sticker on the back window. Feel free to make that home-base.

Safe travels everyone! It's beautiful up here right now.

Cheers!

-JC

View Quote

Andrasik texted me earlier saying that 70 was closed at Silver Plume... so they might be a little delayed. I assume Loveland pass is closed too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#50]
What beautiful day! See you guys this afternoon!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top