Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2024 7:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123]
I don’t particularly want to file for the trigger hanger so I was wondering about available options.

I’ll be running a short action in 223Rem with AICS magazines.

So far I know of:
Xylo
MPA (all of them?)

ETA: I’m going to go with the XTSP Mod 22 trigger since it’s now made of stainless and uses AI trigger shoes according to Tom.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:41:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#1]
Any chassis that fits an R700 footprint will work; for short action, you want something that can support an AI AX magazine if you can get it. All AICS-compatible chassis should support them since they're the same size, but...you never know. You might need to mess with the mag catch to get the AX mags at the right height.

I went with a Magpul R700 chassis for my short action; the AX mags fit and feed pretty well (I was concerned I would need to modify the mag catch...doesn't seem like I need to). I have a Xylo on my long action which I've really grown to appreciate.

My short action is off at a local gunsmith having it's bolt handle bent down to more a normal R700 style for a couple reasons; a) I want it that way and b) so the Magpul chassis will actually fold over the bolt handle.

Though it's not quite a chassis, I was in contact with John-Kyle at Foundation Stocks and they may not list it for long action but they do support inlets for both long and short action CDGs...I'm seriously considering swapping out the Xylo for one of those, or building another with one of those...

Edit - also, why not a Xylo; just because of the trigger hanger? Working on the hanger itself isn't a big deal (you can buy spares) and more importantly I wouldn't let the trigger selection sway things (IMO)...plenty of triggers fit without persuasion. Being able to tune bolt closure/precock/etc is pretty great. Then again I'm a relative newbie to the bolt gun game so I also don't really have any idea if the super expensive triggers let you tune things in that regard anyway
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
KRG responded with pictures on what to remove in their chassis but I think I'll probably just sell my Bravo instead and get a Xylo or a Solus.

I really like KRG but there's a bunch of material to remove in their chassis as well as replacing screws and I just don't want to mess with that.

The Solus requires some removal but it's much simpler than the KRG.  The Xylo should work without any modifications.

I'm wondering how AICS magazines will work though without the Xylo and the little tab that is included with the action.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#3]
Should work just fine; the tab is to mount it up higher iirc than the AX mags. AICS and AIAX mags all fit in the same magwell opening. Technically, if the chassis accepts AICS mags it'll accept AIAX mags. It's just making sure it fits and locks in high enough (or low enough)...

FWIW for fitting my CDG short action in the Magpul chassis, my gunsmith had to mill a small notch in the...front? Just above the magwell iirc? To fit the front screw for the trigger hanger. Or was it the rear...either way - it wasn't something I could easily dremel out as it was tough going. Didn't have any problems getting AX mags to fit in it and feed. If anything I had more problems with the Xylo long action stock with my CDG LA...30-06 (which is what my long action is chambered in) is a bit short for the CIP-length magwell opening in the LA Xylo chassis. I had to do some mag feed lip tweaking for the Accurate-mag 5 round magazines...but it seems to be working out.
Top Top