Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2024 7:40:11 AM EDT
I have very little idea what I am doing but have the bug to shoot some .22 and just ordered myself a Bergara B14R (.22LR) with Arken EP-5 scope.  What rings and or mounting base is recommended to mount this scope?  I expect to shoot at 100 yards most of the time. Many thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a B-14R with a Leupold 20moa rail and a Bushnell 5x30x56 Match pro scope.  I used Leupold MK4 high rings but probably could have gone with med to lower the scope. The check riser on the stock eliminates the issue.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I would look for a Picatinny rail and then get whatever rings I really want.  Something like this.

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I like DNZ for budget direct mounts.

Game Reaper
Game Reaper 2pc
215 Tactical
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

My son's B14r has Arken rings.  No issues mounting, but the recoil is almost non existent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]
For my Ruger RPRimfire I kept the price commensurate with the gun and tried Weaver 4 hole (screw) rings.   They’re ok and thinner crossbarred for the weaver bases.

What I really did not like more than the thin bar was that the crossbar is not captive to the ring base.  It’s functional but an annoyance as I tend to mount rings with at least a slot fore or aft to make an adjustment early on.  Loosening the cross bolts and adjusting the scope a slot over and your crossbar and nut falls away......

The PRW rings from Leupold are a better set up that way.  Granted I think a lot of people don’t like Leupold rings especially the QRWs but I have had good luck with them on many rifles.  They’re not on my precision rifles though, I have Badger and Nightforce iirc.

I am not sure what ring (or scope)  that will eventually reside on my coming Vudoo.  It won’t be Weaver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top