Originally Posted By bad_company2:

ffffffffffffffff

Mine says SKU 22192
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
Apparently the version we got has the SKU 22192, which does not show up on the Savage website.  The version SKU I think you need according to Savage's site is 22442, look for that SKU on the Savage box.

ffffffffffffffff

Mine says SKU 22192

Yep, and the only way you would even know is if we had gone to Cabela's site looking for that.  Since I went to the store, tough luck.  And Savage does not even mention it at all.  Beware.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Yep, and the only way you would even know is if we had gone to Cabela's site looking for that.  Since I went to the store, tough luck.  And Savage does not even mention it at all.  Beware.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Apparently the version we got has the SKU 22192, which does not show up on the Savage website.  The version SKU I think you need according to Savage's site is 22442, look for that SKU on the Savage box.

ffffffffffffffff

Mine says SKU 22192

Regardless, I am calling Savage on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
I'm interested to know what Savage says and/or does
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is what they say, I got if from another site:

When I called Savage I was told that it is a special edition made for cabelas. I was also told that the AccuStock will not fit the action as the recoil lugs are different.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
That is fucking bullshit and false advertising! It'd be differen if they have it a visually different stock. What sucks is my buddy got a price from a local gun dealer on an FCP SR and the dealer was $30 more, but he didn't know how soon he could get one so he bought the cabelas model.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, after reading a 9 pg topic on this gun on another forum, my worst fear was realized. The mags are junk and constantly gum up. I can load 10 bullets in, but the problem comes from the follower or spring. When loading and ejecting, the spring often times fails to push the next round forward. Some of the tests that I ran caused the ammo to double load when the spring and follower finally give way.

Here is a typical occurrence:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I think im over reacting after reading the other forums on it. I need to hold me judgement until i actually field test this gun.

If any one has any suggestions for aftermarket stocks, please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:50:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twinsen] [#8]
Accurate Mag makes OEM Savage AICS DBM.  Their short action 308 AICS DBM is made to fit Savage stocks cut for Savage DBM.  It's a drop-in fit.  So switching out to the same bottom metal Savage used on the pre-2015 models requires very little work.  I had to cut down the front action screw around a quarter of an inch.  I think Accurate Mag's website says to use your factory Savage screws, but that isn't true.  Luckily, they ship with new screws.

I'd say buy a 4 round Savage mag or go to AICS mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]
All,

I found a chassis that I believe will work for this gun. Its a new production offering from KRG and is specifically designed for the Savage short action - Its the KRG 180 Alpha.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
All,

I found a chassis that I believe will work for this gun. Its a new production offering from KRG and is specifically designed for the Savage short action - Its the KRG 180 Alpha.
View Quote

Also the XLR Evolution/Element.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
It sucks for your guys losses, but atleast you guys are making it aware to those of us looking into the 2015 FCPSR.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top