Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2024 9:59:26 PM EDT
I now have 84 rounds through my new rifle. The action we went with is the Terminus Kratos. This is not my first short throw action, Weatherby MkV was, but it is one of the smoothest actions I have owned. The only actions that come close to this one are my Gladius and my old Sauer action. I was a little concerned after reading about the extra effort to lift the bolt. Definitely is not an issue as the bolt throw even on the heavier loads is a non issue. Feeding of the rounds, 300 Norma, is so smooth it’s hard to tell if you actually picked up a round. I haven’t had a single feeding issue with the single stack mdt magazines.

During load development I had two clickers. The action easily extracted those rounds. Ejection of spent rounds is up to the shooter. If you cycle the bolt normally the cases are ejected at about 4 o’clock. Most of the time I slow the bolt and extract the case by hand. I’m not shooting fast and I am paying close attention to my brass as I shoot through it. After 84 rounds the DLC coating is showing no wear that I can see.

Accuracy has been exceptional so I am certain the action isn’t having any issue with the 30” heavy varmint Krieger barrel. We chose to get the 40 moa rail to maximize the useable vertical in the Atacr.

I like this action enough that my next build will probably be on a Terminus Zeus QC action.

Attachment Attached File

Bolt throw:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
What's up with the blue windage cap on your NF?
View Quote

Good friend of mine fucked around with drugs and od’d on fentanyl. This scope was his. He had bought one of my LaRue’s which he immediately went out and had it cerakoted that color. Had it engraved Tiffany & Company. He loved to poke fun at my taste in guns.

The scope cap and sticker on top of the scope are there to remind me where they came from.

Miss that dude.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:
Terminus makes a solid action.

Sorry about your friend.
View Quote

Thanks. Yes the action is a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top