Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/26/2024 3:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82]
Best Precision Plink for the Clink? Ruger American Rimfire Review

Got one of these in a trade a year and a half ago. Pretty good little rifle, biggest drawback is the lack of stock options. Anyone else got one?

Edit: added a poll
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have one. Shot pretty well.

Now my son won’t let me shoot it. Says it’s his.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I keep an eye out for a used one at a good price.

Seems like new prices have crept up, like everything else.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7qzjyI_Zs

Got one of these in a trade a year and a half ago. Pretty good little rifle, biggest drawback is the lack of stock options. Anyone else got one?
View Quote

They’re nice rifles. I have a few 10/22s so having common magazines is nice. Check out Boyd’s for stocks. Midway carries the most common configurations.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MJ11B4P:

They’re nice rifles. I have a few 10/22s so having common magazines is nice. Check out Boyd’s for stocks. Midway carries the most common configurations.
View Quote

10/22 mags is nice. I don’t want a wood stock, is the problem.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these rifles and love it. But the cheap plastic stock has got to go! I also do not want a wood stock, but it looks like the only other options are expensive chasis systems.  I was hoping to find something like the old McMillan or hs precision styles.
The rifle is fairly accurate but I can tell the plastic stock is holding it back from its real potential. I noticed if I put downward pressure on the foregrip, pulling it away from the barrel my groups become tiny bugholes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#6]
I got to shoot a well loved one a few months ago. Finish was worn off the bolt knob and it still shot well.
I need another 22 like I need another hole in my head but I caught myself looking around for one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Teller_Ulam:
I have one of these rifles and love it. But the cheap plastic stock has got to go! I also do not want a wood stock, but it looks like the only other options are expensive chasis systems.  I was hoping to find something like the old McMillan or hs precision styles.
The rifle is fairly accurate but I can tell the plastic stock is holding it back from its real potential. I noticed if I put downward pressure on the foregrip, pulling it away from the barrel my groups become tiny bugholes.
View Quote

Agreed. If Magpul just made a mini version of their Ruger American stock, that would be perfect. It really is a fun little gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
What are the stock options for something like this? I see Boyd’s has a 250ish option
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
What are the stock options for something like this? I see Boyd’s has a 250ish option
View Quote

Very little. Besides the Boyd’s, I think there may be an MDT, but of course it costs more than the gun. I just wish Magpul would make one similar to their stock for the full size.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
I just wish Magpul would make one similar to their stock for the full size.
View Quote

@Magpul
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

@Magpul
View Quote

I’ve been @Magpul -ing for like a year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top