Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2024 9:22:24 AM EDT
Looking to get a Tikka T3X CTR 20" in 6.5 CM, and buy a KRG stock to replace the factory stock.  I also looked at the MDT XRS stock, but seems like the KRG is easier to add accessories etc...

I would like to use AICS mags, I will probably get the MDT ones based on what I've seen so far.

My question is, do I need anything else other than the base KRG stock (AICS compatible) to put this together?  If I buy that particular stock and the magazines, that's all I need for a functioning rifle?
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#1]
Which KRG chassis?

It will be good to go, depending on the chassis, you might want to consider an ARCA rail the runs the entire fore end.

Depending on how much you're going to shoot, the Magpul AICS mags are just fine. Took me 5-6 thousand rounds to kill 3 of my 6 that were in rotation. Now I have the MDT metal/polymer, will see how they hol
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Which KRG chassis?

It will be good to go, depending on the chassis, you might want to consider an ARCA rail the runs the entire fore end.

Depending on how much you're going to shoot, the Magpul AICS mags are just fine. Took me 5-6 thousand rounds to kill 3 of my 6 that were in rotation. Now I have the MDT metal/polymer, will see how they hold up.
View Quote
This is the one I'm looking at:
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

I was also looking at the spigot mount for the front for a bipod, but not really sure of the advantage of that.  I have 3 or 4 normal sling stud mount type harris bipods I would probably use initially.

Does KRG sell the ARCA rail you're referring to for that specific stock?  Also, where is the best place to buy the KRG stuff, directly from them or from Midway?

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Izzman:

I was also looking at the spigot mount for the front for a bipod, but not really sure of the advantage of that.  I have 3 or 4 normal sling stud mount type harris bipods I would probably use initially.

Does KRG sell the ARCA rail you're referring to for that specific stock?  Also, where is the best place to buy the KRG stuff, directly from them or from Midway?

Thanks for the help!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Izzman:
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Which KRG chassis?

Depending on how much you're going to shoot, the Magpul AICS mags are just fine. Took me 5-6 thousand rounds to kill 3 of my 6 that were in rotation. Now I have the MDT metal/polymer, will see how they hold up.

Thanks for the help!

Spigot mount gets the bipod further forward, creating a more stable shooting position. The greater the distance between the front and rear shooting supports (bipod and bag when shooting from a bench) the less movement. Spigots usually only accept ARCA and and PIc, but there may be some out there with sling stud holes.

Looks like there is a sling stud on the xray chassis as well as Mlok on the bottom so you should be good to go.

If you want to add an arca rail later, looks like KRG sells them for the Bravo. With an arca style bipod and rail it allows you to slide the bipod forward and back very easily  depending on your shooting position. If it’s going to be a bench gun, don’t worry about it.  

A couple things I like on the XRS over the Bravo is the ability to adjust length of pull with included spacers. If you’re of average height, won’t be much of an issue. I also like the rubberized and interchange grip on the XRS, has great texture for matches when it’s hot. The vertical is one of my favorite grips on any of my rifles.

Welcome to the wormhole dude…
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a MDT XRS, great chassis, put an Arca rail on it, nothing else needed.  I like the rubber grip texture on it, and the fact it's swappable if I needed to change it out.  It came with spacers to adjust the length of pull as well.

Someone I shoot with often has a KRG Bravo.  It's nice, but the grip isn't swappable (part of the molded plastic), and they had to buy spacers to get their length of pull right (they have the 10/22 version).  I think they had to buy something else for that chassis too, but not sure.

Point being, both are good.  You won't go wrong with either, but you might consider the XRS as well.
Top Top