Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2024 5:29:18 PM EDT
I’m looking for a high-end bolt action right for anything that walks in North America. Want to do a 30-06 since the ammo works in my M1, so I plan to go with that caliber.

I’m stuck between the Anschutz 1782 D and Sako 90 hunter. My length of pull is short (13 - 13.5). It seems like the Anchutz is over 14 but could easily be cut. The Sako has a weird European style stock that worries me as I’ve had cheek mounting issues with that stock style of similar lengths (13.75 lop) before.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My Sako model 75 in .375 H&H was my Alaska Moose, Bear rifle for my time there.  I can only speak to mine, I've never shouldered an Anschutz except for a .22 at the range.  
The Sako extraction system is quite good and highly spoke of since Win. model 70's are no longer made.  Go with the one that fits you best, as you said you can shorten the stock.

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Either would likely be great pick the one that fits you best.

Both are quality firearms.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If the question is _______ and anchutz, I'd buy anschutz every time.

I competed with an anschutz rifle for years.  They make astoundingly precise rifles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Sako 90.  I had the same urge as you, so I liquidated a bunch of my mid-level stuff that was collecting dust and bought the Sako.  Things that sold me:

1. Dual ejectors like their sniper rifles
2. Integral pic rail in the receiver
3. Push-lock magazine.  Zero chance of it getting knocked out in the brush.
4. Bolt release tab to allow unloading while still on safe

Needless to say the trigger is perfect, and it shoots extremely well.  I have several single-hole 5 round groups.

It's pricy, but it's full of very well thought-out features.  I can't think of anything I want to change or upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI, a lot of modern 30-06 ammo generates too much pressure to be safely used in the M1.
Top Top