BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2024 9:23:21 AM EDT
I have an Eotech Vudu 1-10x I want to mount to my new 14.5" Geissele Super Duty.  I ordered a Geissele 34mm mount in FDE (or whatever their brown is) that was supposed to ship last week.  I just got an update that they are on backorder until the end of July.  I really want to stick with the Geissele mount but I don't want to wait for it.

What are some other good mount choices?  I haven't mounted an LPVO in a while and the last time I used a Primary Arms mount that was decent.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm partial to the low profile Reptilia AUS.

New versions of the Scalarworks Leap are good as are the Primary Arms PLX mounts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Geissele, ADM, and Scalarworks are my go to mount companies.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a few ADM mounts and they have always been good.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Quoted:

New versions of the Scalarworks Leap are good as are the Primary Arms PLX mounts.

The Reptilia AUS looks interesting.  I like that they have some optional red dot ring caps, too.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Badger C1 is also worth consideration.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The Reptilia AUS is the right combination of sleek, light and durable with many offset optic mounting options.

Everything I have bought from them is beyond excellent.

IMO / YMMV

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Reptilia AUS is the right combination of sleek, light and durable with many offset optic mounting options.

Everything I have bought from them is beyond excellent.

IMO / YMMV

View Quote

My order was with Optics Planet and I just now noticed they have the extended version in stock.  I cancelled my original order of the standard mount and ordered the extended mount.  I think it will work for me.  If not, I'll return it (or sell it) and get the Reptilia or ADM mount.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Reptilia AUS. The Badger C1 is also a worthy contender.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Warne Mounts are also good
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Warne is good, and so is the Leupold mount that I have.  The Primary Arms PLX mount is really nice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

this is the way, I really like Reptilia and Scalarworks mounts for how low profile and high quality they are, no need for large levers or knobs hanging off the side
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
So many good choices now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like Badger c1 mounts.  I have all my lpvo at 1.7 so I have a 1.54 34mm
Attachment Attached File
that's basically new sitting around here if you are I interested.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Badger Ordnance, LaRue Tactical, or Spuhr if you really wan to spend some cash
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
NF Ultramount
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve owned a number of G mounts and have since moved on.  Reptilia AUS is about as good as it gets.  Honorable mention to the Badger C1 as they offer a bit more in the modular accessory department than Reptilia.

I just don’t see a reason for anything else.

If you’re considering a Reptilia, look an Lanbo’s Armory.  Their prices are considerably cheaper than anywhere else I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Badger C1 and Unity.

Badger does everything Reptilia does but doesn’t have the thin spine that makes arisaka leveling tools difficult to use.

Want a tall mount?  Go Unity. Want a lower one?  Go Badger.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Badger C1 and Unity.

Badger does everything Reptilia does but doesn’t have the thin spine that makes arisaka leveling tools difficult to use.

Want a tall mount?  Go Unity. Want a lower one?  Go Badger.
View Quote

Badger weighs more, has inferior ring mounting options, and has bolt knobs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weight is negligible. For a 1.7" mount you get .5 oz difference or actually 13.6 grams. It's so small a difference it doesn't matter.

It doesn't have bolt knobs it has a bolt that has exposed nuts while the reptilia gas flush nuts. The badger is easier to torque with a socket. The nuts stick out less than most charging handles and much less than the brass deflector or the forward assist.

A factory aimpoint and an acog has bolt knobs which stick out much further.

Ring mounting options are on par with each other. The c1 actually offers more options for the rings. Only thing reptilia offers on rings badger doesn't is a 45 directly to the top ring. For that badger offers an arm.

Their build quality is on par with each other and both are great mounts..
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Badger C1, Reptilia, and NF Ultramount. Scalarworks’ thumb wheel is a terrible design. And their mounts have had failures. Hard pass on Scalar for me when there are multiple other excellent options.

If you want Geissele, Primary Arms has the 1.54 DDE mount in stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I really like the Unity LPVO mount.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I like my Badger but lots of good options
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Badger C1, Reptilia, and NF Ultramount. Scalarworks’ thumb wheel is a terrible design. And their mounts have had failures. Hard pass on Scalar for me when there are multiple other excellent options.

If you want Geissele, Primary Arms has the 1.54 DDE mount in stock.
View Quote

Dang, that's a better price than what I paid at Optics Planet.  If it hadn't shipped already I would cancel and get it from PA.

I really appreciate all the suggestions in this thread!  I'll definitely try some of them out on my next one.  Heck, I might upgrade one of my other mounts.

ETA:  Well, after adding in taxes and shipping from Primary Arms it would have only been $7 cheaper so not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#24]
After spending way to much on different mounts, I started out using G mounts, tried Badger C1, Unity, Scalarworks, I went back to Badger and have never looked back.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Zero gravity
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Badger C1, Reptilia, and NF Ultramount. Scalarworks’ thumb wheel is a terrible design. And their mounts have had failures. Hard pass on Scalar for me when there are multiple other excellent options.]
View Quote
Are people breaking the updated models? My original one broke, and they replaced it with a beefed up model. Leveling is a pain, but otherwise I’m happy. Not as modular as some others. I like the thumbwheel.

For the OP, there are a lot of ADMs floating around in my circle. I like them, and they’re my go-to. The G$ models are overrated, IMO, but I can’t say there’s anything bad about them. I still have a couple that I haven’t gotten around to selling yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I went with the Aero Ultralight SPR mount. There are certainly better options but for the price/weight it’s really good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you need QR?
If not take a look at the Warne mount. I used it for a 1-5 on my Aug.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Reptilia AUS, they are solid, sexy and they are backed with an amazing company. I lost a scope ring, emailed them, next day they ask what color and address. No BS just we will send it out
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct.   Yet as someone who uses their gear, absolutely none of this matters less the accessory issue which is personal preference.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]
ADM for mine.  When I was shopping the ADM was the best value IMO.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I like Warne, Midwest Industries, and ADM. I don’t want to spend much more than $160 on a mount and all these do the job in that budget when found used here on the forum.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Whichever mount I can find in 1.7 height.  That means Badger C1.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Whichever mount I can find in 1.7 height.  That means Badger C1.
View Quote

I love the badger mounts as well, but to let you know reptilia started offering 1.7 as well. I tried them when the badger 1.7 in fde were next to impossible to be found. I switched back to the c1 when they came back in stock
reptilia 1.7 34mm

reptilia 1.7 30mm
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I like Badger and Reptilia as companies, but prefer the Reptilia product in this instance.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Reptilia is my current favorite
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Are 1.7" mounts mostly for nods or just for a more heads-up position?

I got my Geissele mount in and it's really nice.  I did a quick mount of my Eotech Vudu 1-10x and I like it.  Part of me kind of wishes I would have done an Eotech XPS and magnifier.  I guess I could always build another gun for the Eotech Vudu and switch this 14.5" Super Duty over to the XPS+magnifier.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are 1.7" mounts mostly for nods or just for a more heads-up position?

I got my Geissele mount in and it's really nice.  I did a quick mount of my Eotech Vudu 1-10x and I like it.  Part of me kind of wishes I would have done an Eotech XPS and magnifier.  I guess I could always build another gun for the Eotech Vudu and switch this 14.5" Super Duty over to the XPS+magnifier.
View Quote

It's analogous to a lower 1/3 CW with a RDS. Just quicker for standing, gives a bit more clearance over an MFAL, and isn't bad prone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Griffin GPM mounts.

The GPM mounts have a dowel pin locator 5 sided accessory interface system and are available in 30,34,35mm tube supporting models in several heights.
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-lbyqmcyjkm/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/701/4952/GSMC1.5H30MM-4__36773.1707521994.jpg?c=2
View Quote

This looks like a great mount with 4 available centerline heights.

Burying an optic mount without being particular about centerline height is like buying shoes without checking the size.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Check out our website! We're doing SAVE 12% sitewide and did you know our PLx Mounts are made in the USA!
View Quote

Your sale got me on a bunch of other things.  I have one of your mounts on another gun and it's been great.  That reminds me, I need to upgrade one of my scopes on another gun to one of your 3-18x scopes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#43]
I always use Scalarworks because they make leveling so easy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Been happy with my Aero Ultralight. Significantly shaved weight from any others and it has held up great. Although I don't run it extremely hard
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Warne Mounts are also good
View Quote

Warne is my go-to.  

I also like ADM for QD and the 1.64" / 1.70" Recon-M.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#46]
so is it possible to level a scope in a Reptilia AUS using a Arisaka Defense scope leveler given it has a raised narrow "spine" on the flat?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
so is it possible to level a scope in a Reptilia AUS using a Arisaka Defense scope leveler given it has a raised narrow "spine" on the flat?
View Quote

It may be a little tricky but it should work. The key to the Arisaka leveler is having a flat surface beneath the scope, doesn’t matter how wide it is. The “spine” has a flat top surface so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably won’t work on a 1.54 due to lack of clearance.  Should be fine on the taller ones.

More room for error so just check it a few times before torquing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I’ve got several Badger C1 and Larue

Both are solid… you decide if a QD mount is important on your setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Probably won’t work on a 1.54 due to lack of clearance.  Should be fine on the taller ones.

More room for error so just check it a few times before torquing.
View Quote

good obervation, I hadn't thought of that I'll be running a 1.70" tall mount and Vortex lpvo
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top