Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Q lever is offset.  For a 90 degrees safety, when the ASF is on FIRE, the Q lever, being offset, places the lever further towards the rear and closer to the user's thumb, which enables most adult male hands to access it, and rotate it back to SAFE without breaking the user's grip.

Attachment Attached File

The q lever so named because when it's on FIRE, the lever looks like ---> q

Designed for 90 degrees ASF, the q lever also benefits ASF50Q.  On FIRE, the q lever sits slightly above a non-offset lever, and lessens the chance of the user's extended trigger finger from shifting upward, and putting the safety back on SAFE unintentionally.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Q lever is offset.  For a 90 degrees safety, when the ASF is on FIRE, the Q lever, being offset, places the lever further towards the rear and closer to the user's thumb, which enables most adult male hands to access it, and rotate it back to SAFE without breaking the user's grip.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_3472_jpeg-3237630.JPG

Designed for 90 degrees ASF, the q lever also benefits ASF50Q.  On FIRE, the q lever sits slightly above a non-offset lever, and lessens the chance of the user's extended trigger finger from shifting upward, and putting the safety back on SAFE unintentionally.
View Quote

Exceptional.parts. They're certainly not free, but you'll know what you paid for. I also 2nd the SSA-E for a trigger. My personal favorite.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, we are an American company, and take pride in using only US sourced material and shops in the US to manufacture our products.  It's not a secret that we don't run a machine shop, we design, test and validate our designs and contract aerospace shops around the US (AR, CA, OR, mostly TX) to have them made for us.  The packaging shells and printed instruction cards come from MO.  Running small batches only, they're not cheap, we don't compete on price point but quality and innovation.

We're thinking about making a new ASF center, it'd be a departure from the way our beloved AR15/M16 works, it'll look the same but operate slightly differently.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_3472_jpeg-3237630.JPG

View Quote

I refuse to try these.

Why?  I know I'm going to love it and don't want to spend the money to put one on every rifle I have
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
After a few years of trying different types, I've settled on the Damage Industries 45* ambi selector.

Its reasonably priced and works very well.  Its not sexy and cool, but it works and isn't stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Haha thank you

BTW, we're making some updates to OPF-G, RMR plates for a specific group of users, same dimensions and tolerances (we updated and settled on the tolerances +0.000/-0.002 couple of years ago), these users have special requirements so the plates will be made slightly differently for them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the Strike Industries LPK, they have a better feel to me then other stuff.

I like the 45* swing instead of the 90*, and ambi as well. My movement is using thumb to go hot, then index finger to go safe. That allows me to fire as soon as the gun's ready, and forces my index finger off the trigger when I'm done.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Haha thank you

BTW, we're making some updates to OPF-G, RMR plates for a specific group of users, same dimensions and tolerances (we updated and settled on the tolerances +0.000/-0.002 couple of years ago), these users have special requirements so the plates will be made slightly differently for them.
View Quote

….go on….
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't tip our hand, lest the other company gets wind of it and reverse engineers it to have it made in China, which they'll probably do anyway
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't tip our hand, lest the other company gets wind of it and reverse engineers it to have it made in China again
View Quote

Makes sense.

Whatever the changes are, are they being made across the board?
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like the Colt/ Schmidt from Arms unlimited. One long arm, one short
View Quote

I never had any ambi safeties, but decided I must need one for my "ultimate" (for me) MK18-ish gun.

It's probably the only one I will ever have unless I get a rifle that comes with one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone make a 50/60 degree single-sided safety? Bonus if offset like the FCD Q lever
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Came here to post this
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a 50/60 degree single-sided safety? Bonus if offset like the FCD Q lever
View Quote
You can get the FCD selector with a cap on one side of your order direct from them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
You can put a cap on the side where you don't want a lever, or simply leave that side witout a lever.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top