Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2024 9:39:48 AM EDT
As per subject - I only see the 16” Colt in 7.62x39.   Does anyone have a 10-11” and does it work well with the 7.62x39?  

I know many will say .300BO is the answer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine does. 10.5 inch Faxon barrel with a KAC extended flash hider pin and welded to bring to 16 inches. Its accurate out too 100 yards (as best as I can shoot). I really like the 7.62x39 in a short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 3:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
I have the Colt upper in X39.  I had my barrel cut to 14.75 and then pin/weld a Gem-tech HVT adapter.

Runs fine now that I installed Sprinco buffer spring.  I don't recall what buffer I ended up with, but those are your likely hurdles.  Adjustable gas may solve all of those problems, I have no idea what my gas port size is, but it is likely OEM>

Also, that mag is junk, luckily I have a few Frankenmags that run very well. If you don't want to deal with all of these possible tuning and running issues, then .300 may be what you need, if you reload.

I have some cases of cheap x39, or I would have sold this a long time ago. This thing runs fine even with the lightweight white tip training ammo.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thx.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top