Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2024 10:45:42 AM EDT
Trying to finalize a collapsible stock for a lightweight build. However, I want modern features such as QD socket, angled and rubberized buttpad, and if possible a sloped cheekweld. This removes the classic CAR stock from contention.

Here's what I've gathered so far. Any other suggestions? Like to keep it under 9oz, so this eliminates all the Magpul options.

BCM Gunfighter mod 0 7.5oz
LWRC compact 7.9oz
Rogers Superstoc 7.3oz
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the LWRC on my PA-9 SBR. It is very light and compact, but still has a decent shoulder footprint.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea if you are interested in the style but...

5.8oz so they say, I have one and like it.  

https://missionfirsttactical.com/BMSMIL
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine shows 5.9oz on my Amazon postage scale, so within the margin of error
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where is the QD on those? It says they have one but I can't see it in the pics?
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where is the QD on those? It says they have one but I can't see it in the pics?
View Quote

on the bottom
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Dumb place to put it, IMO
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trying to finalize a collapsible stock for a lightweight build. However, I want modern features such as QD socket, angled and rubberized buttpad, and if possible a sloped cheekweld. This removes the classic CAR stock from contention.

Here's what I've gathered so far. Any other suggestions? Like to keep it under 9oz, so this eliminates all the Magpul options.

BCM Gunfighter mod 0 7.5oz
LWRC compact 7.9oz
Rogers Superstoc 7.3oz
View Quote

SL-K and SL-M are both under 9oz, but don’t have a QD socket attached; you can add one via Mlok though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
B5 Systems BRAVO stock comes with all features you're looking for with the exception of weight. It comes in just a tad over 9oz at 9.3oz. Highly doubt you'd even notice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn’t strike industries have a real small stock? Viper or something.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Arfcom hates the Rogers, but I find it light, sturdy and handy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've not had an issue with it being on the bottom. Works similar to one mounted at the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've not had an issue with it being on the bottom. Works similar to one mounted at the rear of the receiver.
View Quote

Tried that, didn't like it at all.  F's up the balance and handling, especially when moving and/or you need to sling over the shoulder on the back.  It would not have added any weight to put it where it should be, but that is purely a "style" thing by someone paid to design shit.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I didn't like it either, but it was easily solved.  

" />
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Arfcom hates the Rogers, but I find it light, sturdy and handy.
View Quote

I actually have a Rogers SS. I agree on all counts. Was just curious on other options. The LWRC I had in the past didn't mount up very tight. However the BCM GF was the tightest lockup.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the Rogers too. AR15Discounts.com has them on sale for $34 right now. Looks like FDE is OOS though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the CTR is just under 9 ounces.

It's my favorite stock.  I did not like the b5 bravo or MFT nearly as much.  Too much wobble and generally cheap feeling.  I also did not like how snag prone the MFT was.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
CTR is 9oz
SL is 9.6oz
SL-K is 7.9oz

Personally I’d choose the SL-K and add an Arisaka mlok QD swivel. You’ll still be under 9oz.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Magpul SL-M. At 7.1oz, adding an mlok QD sling adapter in the rear vertical mlok slot will still keep you lighter than the others. Cheekweld is there as well but less pronounced.

Ive exclusively owned LWRC Compacts for 10+ years, and just recently switched to SL-Ms.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#20]
After installing and using all of the above stocks, I went SL-K and a lightweight QD plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top