Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1145 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I swear I'm like an arms rail magnet. M4, cqbr, and some sorta abomination. 10.3" bbl, Midlength arms #58m bi-level. It was quite the surprise when I opened the box and saw it was fde! Very hard to find fde arms rails in my experience. Very early example and in excellent shape for its age. The accessory rails that came with it aren't even anodized. Thought that was odd. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/471387/9252B1D5-CDDE-4A33-A5CD-4C1EB5117D43_jpeg-799995.JPG
View Quote
It’s fake! Send it here so you don’t risk contamination
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to get a Minnesota Vikings purple Lancer mag.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

https://i.imgur.com/cYrPaNo.jpg
View Quote
Never seent one with tan turrets.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I swear I'm like an arms rail magnet. M4, cqbr, and some sorta abomination. 10.3" bbl, Midlength arms #58m bi-level. It was quite the surprise when I opened the box and saw it was fde! Very hard to find fde arms rails in my experience. Very early example and in excellent shape for its age. The accessory rails that came with it aren't even anodized. Thought that was odd. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/471387/9252B1D5-CDDE-4A33-A5CD-4C1EB5117D43_jpeg-799995.JPG
View Quote
I like that FDE one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
https://i.imgur.com/nqnu9xt.jpg
View Quote
But....why? Lol
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

And no s/n.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Icky.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

But....why? Lol
View Quote
Darn good question.
I was curious, so got one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Also icky by the way. (Your mag and the Vikings, not your CQBR)
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Paint it Cowboys blue!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody selling a PEQ-2 hit me up. My buddy needs one.

@pbjunkiee you got one you can offload?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I like that FDE one.
View Quote
Me too. It's even got the original nuts that require the a.r.m.s driver. Glad I have one that came with my early arms #38std swan sleeve.

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote
Am I the buddy you speak of? My peq 2 rail is crying for me to give em a companion! . Did I tell y'all I got a pristine 511 come to me? Plus the xps3 should be here tommorow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Me too. It's even got the original nuts that require the a.r.m.s driver. Glad I have one that came with my early arms #38std swan sleeve.

Am I the buddy you speak of? My peq 2 rail is crying for me to give em a companion! . Did I tell y'all I got a pristine 511 come to me? Plus the xps3 should be here tommorow.
View All Quotes

I like that FDE one.

Negatory this buddy needs it for work. But you need one too. That's awesome on the EOTechs. Be sure to LT110 all the things
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#15]
14.5" and 10.3" SOCOM profile, just cut the bags open.
Attachment Attached File

14.5" markings
Attachment Attached File

10.3" markings
Attachment Attached File

Dimples for gas block set screws
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#16]
i recognize that peq15
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Rad!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:52:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Re-barreled with new 4 prong.  Need to zero again.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:23:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Sometimes I forget just how raised them turrets be. You got a lift kit on them turrets boy?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Sometimes I forget just how raised them turrets be. You got a lift kit on them turrets boy?
View Quote
Yes we are down here in Northwest FL aka South Alabama where we run those pecker lift kits and no buis.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]
That's a pretty salty one. You should post some pics of your blast baffle; kinda curious to see what that looks like.

What are you gonna do with the abused 4 prong?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Yes we are down here in Northwest FL aka South Alabama where we run those pecker lift kits and no buis.
View All Quotes

You sure do got a fancy pecker. Ima get me one dem here this coming Thursday I reckon. Just, it'll be a little smaller. And 1/3rd broken.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:43:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#23]
Originally Posted By krdt:

That's a pretty salty one. You should post some pics of your blast baffle; kinda curious to see what that looks like.

View Quote
Since I got my new phone it's hard to get good pics in certain areas, here is the best I can do.

Idk on the 4prong yet.  Maybe sell maybe keep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Since I got my new phone it's hard to get good pics in certain areas, here is the best I can do.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283538/49914740_2412291025665100_2238106633311879168_n_jpg-800376.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283538/49914740_2412291025665100_2238106633311879168_n_jpg-800376.JPG
Hmm... not too bad. Round count?

Interesting how the deepest channels seem to hit a certain depth and then start moving kinda laterally at some point.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:57:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#25]

Interesting how the deepest channels seem to hit a certain depth and then start moving kinda laterally at some point.
View Quote
I would say very conservatively 20k rounds.  It pretty much always had a can on it.  I shot 24,500 rounds through it and it wasn't until after 24k it started to keyhole.  Very limited full auto fire.  Maybe 500 rounds total fired in full auto.

edit:  This above round count was just on my 10.3".  It's been shot on other hosts also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Negatory this buddy needs it for work. But you need one too. That's awesome on the EOTechs. Be sure to LT110 all the things
View Quote
Oh ya. Lt110, and maybe lt101 for that 5/8 action. Since getting the arms #54 (high rise), my lt110  has been lonely.

Its so hard to justify a peq2 for myself right now. I need to get my suppressor game up first. Priorities!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Me wants that socom 10.3". Love all the pics. Keep em comin, Thanks CD!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I would say very conservatively 20k rounds.  It pretty much always had a can on it.  I shot 24,500 rounds through it and it wasn't until after 24k it started to keyhole.  Very limited full auto fire.  Maybe 500 rounds total fired in full auto.

edit:  This above round count was just on my 10.3".  It's been shot on other hosts also.
View All Quotes

Then that doesn't seem too bad at all... I figured it was 20k or so.

I was a little concerned when I had a chunk come out of mine at less than 1k, but since then it's been soldiering along fine.

2,000:

2,500:
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Would those with high round count 10.3"s post in here about reliability and parts longevity?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Colt ambi safety’s are back in stock at arms unlimited. $44 ea. Grab them before Charlie’s buys them all and resells for $80. I ordered two for my trading inventory lol.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Colt ambi safety’s are back in stock at arms unlimited. $44 ea. Grab them before Charlie’s buys them all and resells for $80. I ordered two for my trading inventory lol.
View Quote
Yeah but they’re semi-auto hot dog selectors
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

View Quote
I was thinking this same exact thing
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
School me on this please. Tried searching “colt ambi safety hot dog” and came up empty
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#35]
School me on this please. Tried searching “colt ambi safety hot dog” and came up empty
View All Quotes

The length/positioning of the lever differs on a semi-auto safety from that of a full auto safety.

Hotdog:

Non-hotdog:
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]

The length/positioning of the lever differs on a semi-auto safety from that of a full auto safety.

Hotdog:
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Colt.M4-03-Close.jpg

Non-hotdog:
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.120618.No.Hotdog.jpg
View Quote
Got it thanks man. Do they still make the non hot dog safeties? Now that I look at them all of mine are hot dogs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#37]
Got it thanks man. Do they still make the non hot dog safeties? Now that I look at them all of mine are hot dogs.
View All Quotes

Hotdog:

Non-hotdog:
You can purchase and modify a Colt FA safety, or look for older retro non-ambi Colt safeties. Also, some companies still make SA non-hotdog safeties... probably DPMS or similar? I don't recall.

If you want a Colt, it's basically FA or retro non-ambi. As mentioned, if using the FA version, it'd probably be a good idea to shave the "fin" to make it a true "semi/semi" safety. Not that an unmodified FA safety is going to turn a semi to a full auto, but just for the sake of not using any FA fire control parts.

ETA: I guess I should add that if you use a FA safety, you'll also be able to rotate to the 3rd position (safe/semi/semi). Kinda nifty, I suppose. Actually, if you're using a lower without selector stops, you'll be able to rotate a full 360 degrees, lol.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I like hotdogs
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
I can check my spare safeties and see what I have. If I have a non hot dog one I'll send it to you as I have no use for it. Don't know if it would be a Colt though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDEinAZ] [#40]
The fruits of @ankratz labor on the hood of my EXPS 3-0. I'll get a comparison pic sometime of it against my other FDE one and he got it SPOT ON.

Working on figuring out the SU-231a engraving now.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#41]
I’m assuming you guys have seen this but I figured I’d drop it in here.

SOCOM picks Eotech again.  G33 FTS mags and sights.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/01/07/l3-technologies-awarded-special-operations-command-contract-for-eotech-optics/
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#42]

You can purchase and modify a Colt FA safety, or look for older retro non-ambi Colt safeties. Also, some companies still make SA non-hotdog safeties... probably DPMS or similar? I don't recall.

If you want a Colt, it's basically FA or retro non-ambi. As mentioned, if using the FA version, it'd probably be a good idea to shave the "fin" to make it a true "semi/semi" safety. Not that an unmodified FA safety is going to turn a semi to a full auto, but just for the sake of not using any FA fire control parts.

ETA: I guess I should add that if you use a FA safety, you'll also be able to rotate to the 3rd position (safe/semi/semi). Kinda nifty, I suppose. Actually, if you're using a lower without selector stops, you'll be able to rotate a full 360 degrees, lol.
View All Quotes

Seems like a lot of work. I appreciate the explanation. They would go in colt m4 carbine lowers, and those have the selector stops milled off. a safety that is able to spin 360 wouldn't feel right to me, and may be a safety (no pun intended) issue since the mk18 doubles as a HD rifle.

Originally Posted By Bhavin22:
I like hotdogs
me too

Originally Posted By Outrider:

I can check my spare safeties and see what I have. If I have a non hot dog one I'll send it to you as I have no use for it. Don't know if it would be a Colt though.
Pmed. Your good people. thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
And it's AU
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Hotdog:

Non-hotdog:

Not 100% sure on that. I've got a FA Colt safety in a lower around here somewhere and I'm sure the detent track has hard stops to prevent that. But it's been so long since I've had that particular one out, I could be misremembering.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#45]
Seems like a lot of work. I appreciate the explanation. They would go in colt m4 carbine lowers, and those have the selector stops milled off. a safety that is able to spin 360 wouldn't feel right to me, and may be a safety (no pun intended) issue since the mk18 doubles as a HD rifle.
View All Quotes
Nah... a FA safety is no more likely to end up in a position you don't intend than a semi-auto safety is to end up going from safe to fire. Both are held in place by nothing more than the detent; the only difference is, the FA safety can move to another position and potentially past that if you force it out of the detent hold. Functionally, you'd never notice the difference unless you intentionally move it to the third position or beyond.

The only mod that's (debatably) required is a small metal "fin" that needs to be milled or ground off (designed to push down the SA disconnector so that the auto sear can engage). You can do it in a few minutes with a Dremel. Technically, if your gun isn't FA, it isn't FA - whether you use a FA safety or not. But, in the unlikely event you ever had an FCG malfunction, it'd be better to show you took affirmative steps to render the FA safety not suitable for use in a select-fire.

Hotdog:

Non-hotdog:

Not 100% sure on that. I've got a FA Colt safety in a lower around here somewhere and I'm sure the detent track has hard stops to prevent that. But it's been so long since I've had that particular one out, I could be misremembering.
I've got one and it definitely goes 360... no hard stops. After all, it was designed for use in lowers with selector stops, so it does make sense.

I mean, you could put a couple of tack welds and stop it, but I don't see much point.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I heard this was a safe spot for 10.4" H&Ks
Much work to be done, like a G33, Brownells lower to form 1, and a Surefire can to form 4.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks great man. That FDE XPS tho!

What brace is that? Thing looks awesome for a brace
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Looks great man. That FDE XPS tho!

What brace is that? Thing looks awesome for a brace
View Quote
SB tactical's SBA3.
Its okay, but its biggest advantage is being able to run it off a standard mil-spec carbine tube.
A tad short even when fully extended, but this is coming from a guy who rocks SOPMODs, as well as CTRs and CAR stocks with buttpads.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Damn, saw this too late. Picked up a KAC ambi safety and it's grey.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:31:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#50]
And it's a safe place for skateboard pics! I've posted one a time or two.

ETA- and I like how the sba3 looks how you have it. Less brace like.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1145 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top