Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2024 2:05:55 PM EDT
I have a TA31f I've been considering mating with a top dot.  I have a Holoson EPS on a G19 that I love and wouldn't mind getting another for the ACOG.  Problem is all my research is leading me to believe I will need to use an adapter plate to attach it to the piece of aluminum which screws into the ACOG.

I have to use an adapter the mount my EPS onto my Glocks MOS footprint, and it has admittedly never given me any grief, but I was really hoping to avoid this with the ACOG.

Anybody know of a company which produces the mounts you attach to the top of the ACOG that are engineered to directly accept the Holosun EPS footprint?

Or should I just get a damn RMR

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No direct mounts that I’m aware of.

The EPS (not the EPS Carry) comes with the RMR adapter plate in the box, works great with the Acog RMR mount and is a clean install IMO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#2]
There are several red dots that fit the RMR standard

Footprints/Mounting Standards
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Drifting:  I did the dot on top of ACOG for some time and grew to hate the change in head position.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, just use RMR, or 508. EPS is not giving some significant advantage as a piggyback.

Worth noting, when using a piggyback, you can either tilt the rifle about 45 degrees to pick up the dot with your left eye, without moving head placement, or raise head straight up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I consider the piggyback on an ACOG as secondary or backup sight. I just run a 407C. They can be found pretty cheap on sale.

I use the ACOG for everything about 25 yards and out. Anything closer in is just about point shooting with the piggy back as a confirmation.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hated it. The top mount would be too high or I have to crunch my head down for the acog. Only solution was a VCOG on a cog mount ontop of a .875 riser
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top