Site Notices
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:23:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#2]
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Guys, let's discuss triggers for a moment.  Now I know, ideally, pure Mk12 clones should run the KAC NM 2-stage triggers but what are some worthy, less-expensive 2-stage jobs that can be relied upon?  And are they really necessary for the average shooter (like myself)?

I'm thinking the LMT 2-stage is a good candidate but I don't have any experience with anything besides single-stage jobs.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure how much trigger time you have on the weapon (or weapons in general), but as an instructor I would rather see someone spend time doing dry fire work before they switched to buying a trigger upgrade.  The pay offs are typically larger while you master the fundamentals.  If you are already dialed in tight, and you know it for a fact, work dry fire anyway, but you will see an increase with the trigger upgrade.  

Stick, I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I'd like.  Sad, pathetic - I know, but the reason I'm asking about triggers is for the purpose of completing my stripped lower for my Mk12 build.  I wouldn't say I'm a beginning shooter but I haven't had proper instruction (carbine class) yet.  I've built every AR I've owned and I'm comfortable and confident with them.  I'd say I'm an intermediate shooter and I practice drills when I'm at the range, but again, I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I'd like.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyApproved] [#3]

I've had a new RRA 2 stage fail me in less than a 30 round magazine.  Consider me one of the ones that doesn't think highly of them.  They aren't even close to a KAC, SSA, WC etc..

Well that sucks, I wonder why they failed? I've never had a problem from mine....too bad I know they don't come even close to a KAC, I love me some KAC
I was just saying that mine have worked well, and they didn't cost much (found em' on sale for $80)
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the Geisselle Super Semi Auto Enhanced. Can't say how it's gonna feel yet, it will be here Monday with the dedicated lower reciever. Can't wait to finish getting it together.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
literally just posted this in FOV thread

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know where to source a KAC FF for a Mod 1?  Every place seems to be out.  And it's the LAST piece I need for my build.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BaileyMoto:
http://www.mk12.net/bailey/newscope/mk124200.jpg

What optic are you running?
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Upper group shot for the military upper collection I'm working on. My goal is to end up with the MK18 (mod1), MK12 (mod1), DMR, and M4A1 RIS II upper receiver groups. I need to work on glass and a few other things to dial them in, but its getting there.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/Stck_2932-1024-Stick.jpg

Yummy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By dangerdan:

Originally Posted By KimberTLE45:

Originally Posted By Cyclic240B:

How does one go about ordering the 77 Gr. custom M2 turrets from Leupold?

I just called the Leupold customer service and ordered it over the phone. I told them I wanted one for 77gr 5.56mm, rather than .223, and got an "SPR" marked one without asking for it.

FYI, it was less than $40.00 when I ordered.

ETA: I had mine within two days of ordering.

Thanks!!! I'll try that.

Custom ones are $70 per knob. I have 77gr 5.56 knobs (not the SPR ones) that are black (traded Leupold for the 168gr .308 for those), and I also have custom 77gr knobs that are dark earth.

I suppose standard knobs with standard data (such as the SPR knobs and others) are $40. If you want custom data and color, they're $70...unless Leupold changed their prices

I got mine within the last year and I am wanting to say it was $36.00. It makes sense that a custom would be more though.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 6:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#14]
Originally Posted By Cavalry99:
Anybody know where to source a KAC FF for a Mod 1?  Every place seems to be out.  And it's the LAST piece I need for my build.

Cav, good luck with that, chief.  I bought mine used last year sometime without ever thinking I'd use them for a Mk12 build.  I was running them on my entry carbine and finally came to the conclusion that finding a set would be the equivalent to winning the damn lottery and being struck by lighting at the same time.  So I bought a set of KAC FF middy rails and swapped them on.  And no I ain't sellin'.

Beautiful rifles, guys; can't wait to be able to post mine in this thread!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I went with the Geisselle Super Semi Auto Enhanced. Can't say how it's gonna feel yet, it will be here Monday with the dedicated lower reciever. Can't wait to finish getting it together.

I put one of these in my Mk12. I wanted to go with the KAC but this upper and scope have left my fun budget a little short this year ( still have the suppressor and stamp to get ). The SSA-E feels very nice. The first stage has a very positive stop and just a little more pull and it brakes very clean. I am very happy with mine. This is my first "good" trigger for an AR type rifle and so far I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]

I order most of my KAC stuff straight from KAC's web store:

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php

... but it looks like they are out of stock on 12" FF RAS' too.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#17]

I feel your pain. I just went with a Larue 12.0 until I come across the KAC one. Goodluck.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
For those of you looking for the KAC rail, just a thought. Try dropping an email to Adco, High Caliber Sales, Centurion; anyone who makes the complete upper, and see if they could part with one. I have no idea if they do, just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I should've thought about Adco and Centurion. I contacted HCS but they themselves don't have any for sale. Everything is already sopken for on their their builds and they're actually waiting on KAC to send them an order that's been put in for a while now.

I just dropped quite a few bucks on the Nighforce so I'll have to wait a bit until I can actively search for the KAC Rail.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
the KAC rail is difficult to find, a few months ago bravo and op.parts had them, but i was broke.  I finally found one for sale on the EE for 365 shipped w/ ins.  But i have been looking for a few months now.  I guess KAC has a huge gov't order for these right now.  KevinB siad to place your order with your dealer and those will be honored first as soon as they free some up. hope this helps. He also said that they should be availible in the next couple months, good luck with your search guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WldWldWest] [#21]

I just called the Leupold customer service and ordered it over the phone. I told them I wanted one for 77gr 5.56mm, rather than .223, and got an "SPR" marked one without asking for it.

Thanks!!! I'll try that.

Custom ones are $70 per knob. I have 77gr 5.56 knobs (not the SPR ones) that are black (traded Leupold for the 168gr .308 for those), and I also have custom 77gr knobs that are dark earth.

I suppose standard knobs with standard data (such as the SPR knobs and others) are $40. If you want custom data and color, they're $70...unless Leupold changed their prices

I got mine within the last year and I am wanting to say it was $36.00. It makes sense that a custom would be more though.

Ya mean like these?

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WldWldWest:

Thanks!!! I'll try that.

Ya mean like these?
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/WldWldWest/DSC00204.jpg

I got to get me one of those!!! The "Mk12 Mod1" looks "cooler" than my "77gr SPR".

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys I have a quick question about my scope and nount. I am getting ready to cut the foam in my case and need to know if the ARMS mount will retain my zreo if removed and replaced.

Looks like work is going to ease up here in the next week or so, I will be able to get out and shot this thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By StretchMaK:

Hey guys I have a quick question about my scope and nount. I am getting ready to cut the foam in my case and need to know if the ARMS mount will retain my zreo if removed and replaced.

Looks like work is going to ease up here in the next week or so, I will be able to get out and shot this thing.

If not exact, it should be very close. Most modern rings get you back to the same area, and no one is going to use a weapon by pulling optics and not verifying zero for real world events.

My understanding is that military mount testing showed the KAC one piece scope mount as continually returning to actual zero when removed (others were all fairly close), but even with that you would still verify.

Why not cut out the foam with the upper and optic together?

I am thinking about putting two rifles in the case but have not made up my mind yet. I would prefer to leave the scope mounted but both my Mk12 and 16" carbine will not fit that way with room for mags the bi pod, ammo and so on. I might do some testing when I can get to the range before cutting the foam.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#26]
My goal is to end up with the MK18 (mod1), MK12 (mod1), DMR, and M4A1 RIS II upper receiver groups.  I need to work on glass and a few other things to dial them in, but its getting there.  

Please describe your planned DMR upper: barrel, optics, etc.

Link Posted: 2/27/2011 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Steve Austin firing a 5th SFGA suppressed Mk12 with PVS-17 in Baghdad Dec 03.  Wish I had some pictures of when we were developing it back in the late 90s.

CD
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#28]
Well, the Mk 12 Mod 1 is shooter ready, with it's own lower now. Working on developing a Mk262'ish 77grn OTM load for it. Range pics tomorrow.

With it's cousin, and the Zombie Response Vehicle.

Now all that's left is the suppressor, and BUIS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Can somebody please tell me the real deal actually used model scope that were on the early MOD 0's.  I understand, it seemed to be up to the operator, but was there an actual issued leupold scope?  I am amassing MOD 0 parts and need to start looking for the rigth scope.  thanks in advance.  
sam
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Leupold LR/T 3-10X40mm M3 or something like that.
Dustin
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Marine Corps Mod 1s have the Scope, Leupold Mark-4 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M2 that we got at $1,025.00 a piece.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#32]
As I understand it, the early Mk12 mod0 used the "new" Mark 4 Leupold.  It was not labeled as a Mark 4, but instead was a VXIII.  It was a 3.5-10 x 40mm illuminated mil-dot reticle with M3 turrets.  It had a black ring on the front objective bell instead of the typical gold ring, and was built "tougher" like the Mark 4 line.  It later was re-labeled as a Mark 4 scope and retained the same part number.  Now, the newer Mark 4 version has a newer illuminated reticle switch that allows one to turn on the ill reticle at a pre-set intensity instead of having to "dial it up" each time.  Different part number for the scope as well.  Further down the road they changed to a Mark 4 3-9 x 40mm ill. mil-dot with M3 turrets, then changed again to the 2.5-8 x 40mm ill. mil-dot /M3 turrets.  Not sure where in the evolution of the scopes the rifle was changed to the mod 1, so I can't tell you if there were any mod 0's with the latter scope on them.  Someone else please correct any of this if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Guys, quick question.

I'm getting ready to mount my FSB and Ops 12th system on my CLE SPR barrel. I checked the space between the back of the gas block seat and the ops collar after I seated it on it's shoulder. I only have 1.60" the PRI FSB is like 1.81.....what do I do? Have a local machine shop take some off the back of my collar (or do it my self)

Or just mount the FSB and run the collar up against it? If I do that though, with it farther forward than it should be...will that throw off the correct seating length and thread engagement for the suppressor?

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GunnyApproved:
Guys, quick question.

I'm getting ready to mount my FSB and Ops 12th system on my CLE SPR barrel. I checked the space between the back of the gas block seat and the ops collar after I seated it on it's shoulder. I only have 1.60" the PRI FSB is like 1.81.....what do I do? Have a local machine shop take some off the back of my collar (or do it my self)

Or just mount the FSB and run the collar up against it? If I do that though, with it farther forward than it should be...will that throw off the correct seating length and thread engagement for the suppressor?

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/GMApproved/100_3031-1.jpg?t=1299560695

Some where ADCO had a picture with the correct dimensions needed to set up the OPS inc. system.  I've been searching for it but I can't find it.  Maybe post this question in ADCO's industry section.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
Originally Posted By GunnyApproved:
Guys, quick question.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/GMApproved/100_3031-1.jpg?t=1299560695

Some where ADCO had a picture with the correct dimensions needed to set up the OPS inc. system.  I've been searching for it but I can't find it.  Maybe post this question in ADCO's industry section.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Might consider the shorter Ops collar... made to address this issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Here's my Mk12 Mod 0 inspired build:

Link Posted: 3/20/2011 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Thats the nicest paint job ive ever seen.  Nice rifle
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 2:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RCC1] [#41]
I have been wanting a MK12 Mod0 for a few years now. It's been years since I have bought a complete lower or upper as I have always taken great pride in building my own. After lots of searching finding all the right parts to build an authentic upper I found it more cost effective to buy from Kevin at High Caliber Sales. So last week I finally ordered one and I'm hoping to have it this week, Kevin even switched the black PRI carbon fiber forearm for the natural one for me. I'll post some pics up when it arrives. Then I just have to decide what do use for an lower. Thanks again to High Caliber Sales.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 7:52:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Old_Painless] [#42]
Please contact Staff to sell on these forums. Thanks.  - Old_Painless

Link Posted: 3/20/2011 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RCC1:
I have been wanting a MK12 Mod0 for a few years now. It's been years since I have bought a complete lower or upper as I have always taken great pride in building my own. After lots of searching finding all the right parts to build an authentic upper I found it more cost effective to buy from Kevin at High Caliber Sales. So last week I finally ordered one and I'm hoping to have it this week, Kevin even switched the black PRI carbon fiber forearm for the natural one for me. I'll post some pics up when it arrives. Then I just have to decide what do use for an lower. Thanks again to High Caliber Sales.

Kevin builds an awesome Mk 12.. I got my MOD 0 from him and its great.  I also got a KAC lower with A1 stock from him, I know not exactly true to Mk12 form but that lower is very nice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By KWCAM:

Kevin builds an awesome Mk 12.. I got my MOD 0 from him and its great.  I also got a KAC lower with A1 stock from him, I know not exactly true to Mk12 form but that lower is very nice.

Mine won't be an exact copy either, I'm most likely putting my upper on a billet lower with Magpul UBR stock.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 1:57:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#45]
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#46]

I haven't seen a picture of this yet in either thread.....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/Stck_3577-1024-Stick.jpg

I hate you.

Sure, I bet you just got out some fancy engraver and did that yourself!

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 10:48:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalChef] [#47]

Specifically the round handguard with the rail all along the top, rifle length with an 18" barrel, bipod, carbine stock. Mainly the look of a Mk12 Mod0. I know the purists and police will see nothing resembling a Mk12, but I'm quite happy with it. It can be more of a generic SPR if that makes them feel better, I'm ok with that. I've seen several others on this thread that are "inspired by" as well. As I said, I was inspired by the Mk12 Mod 0, not that it was one.

Thanks for the compliments on the paintjob. It took some guts, and a couple beers, to do that first hit of paint on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 11:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic2000] [#48]
Would there be that much of a difference between a Noveske and Douglas barrel. I have heard a lot of great things about both Noveske. Just wondering. I am not trying to start a debate here. I just want an opinion. I have a MK12 MOD1 with a Douglas now. But if It can be improve I'm open. All of these weapons  look great in this thread.

If I had went ahead and read the entire thread I could have answered my own question. This is absolutely a great post
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I am assuming that ARM's #22 medium rings are the correct rings to use. Which forum vendor is a good source for these?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 7:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#50]
I am assuming that ARM's #22 medium rings are the correct rings to use. Which forum vendor is a good source for these?

Thanks.

If you're building a Mod0, use the ARMS #22 medium rings with the SWAN sleeve; if you're going Mod1, use the high rings.  I've been seeing tons of ARMS #22 rings in the EE lately; I got my high rings for $85 shipped.
Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top