Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: Yesterday 7:59:35 PM EDT
I just received and went to the range with a new SLx 5x Micro Prism.
The diopter was easy to get the reticle dialed in crisp and clear.

However, the view is muddled until about 25 yards. I was looking at a target 10yds, 15 yds & 25yds. Definitely not in focus at 10yds & 15yds. Barely in focus at 25yds.

What am I missing here? I'm very familiar with the 1x, 2x & 3x variants and never had any focus problems with any of these across multiple units.

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Parallax at least.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No adjustment for that. As best I can tell. Found someone on reddit remarking on the same short range focus issue.
Guess I'll return this. Had really high hopes for using this as a short range 22LR BR optic.

Link Posted: Yesterday 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't they have an aftermarket top mount reddot ring for the 5x? About the knly way to do across the room distance aiming.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
22LR bench rest precision
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kx250ryder] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Don't they have an aftermarket top mount reddot ring for the 5x? About the knly way to do across the room distance aiming.
View Quote

Primary Arms’ micro prism red dot mount doesn’t have great reviews, most citing durability issues.

There is an aftermarket mount, but it’s considerably more expensive:
https://heromod.com/product/h5xtdm/
Link Posted: Today 7:29:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#8]
Yeah the heromod was the one I was referring too. Couldn't remember who made it.

Canted backup sights or reddot is another option.
Link Posted: Today 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Same story here. No matter what I did to the diopter, everything below 25 yards or so was fuzzy as hell. I've kept it on my rifle, but now that I hear others having issues, at least I know I'm not crazy.

Mounted it on a 10/22. Definitely would not have purchased had I know it was this blurry at those ranges.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top