Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2024 12:08:59 PM EDT
I’m looking for an MPVO to use on a 20” 5.56 SDMR type build and a 16” 308 build. I’m going back and forth between the Trijicon credo 2-10x36 and the NSX. I understand that it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison with SFP vs FFP tree reticle but either arrangement works for me. The optic would primarily used for shooting steel out to 500, maybe past that rarely and some hunting. EuroOptic has the trijicon for significantly less than the Nightforce.

I own quite a few trijicon optics and have always been happy with them. Does the Nightforce NSX bring a significant difference to justify the price  in optical quality over trijicon glass, turret design etc? It is lighter and shorter which is nice.

For the mount I’m interested in the Scalarworks leap.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m looking for an MPVO to use on a 20” 5.56 SDMR type build and a 16” 308 build. I’m going back and forth between the Trijicon credo 2-10x36 and the NSX. I understand that it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison with SFP vs FFP tree reticle but either arrangement works for me. The optic would primarily used for shooting steel out to 500, maybe past that rarely and some hunting. EuroOptic has the trijicon for significantly less than the Nightforce.

I own quite a few trijicon optics and have always been happy with them. Does the Nightforce NSX bring a significant difference to justify the price  in optical quality over trijicon glass, turret design etc? It is lighter and shorter which is nice.

For the mount I’m interested in the Scalarworks leap.

View Quote

From my friend who has the Nightforce, the Trijicon is 98% of the Nightforce. Is that worth the “significant price difference “ for me, I’m happy with the Trijicon for the same cost as a ACOG.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with the NXS for the reputation of durability, parallax, better eye box, and lower weight.

I like the Credo for capped windage, ffp reticle, and reticle design.

About every MPVO thread I lament they don't put a FC-DMX in the NXS and cap the windage. Or pine for the March 1.5-15x42mm Dual Focal Plane
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From my friend who has the Nightforce, the Trijicon is 98% of the Nightforce. Is that worth the “significant price difference “ for me, I’m happy with the Trijicon for the same cost as a ACOG.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/751/IMG_1924_jpeg-3225484.JPG
View Quote

Both great scopes, but my money usually goes to Nightforce. I’d love it if they made a 2-12 FFP.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Both great scopes, but my money usually goes to Nightforce. I’d love it if they made a 2-12 FFP.
View Quote

Ideal NX8 would be 1.5-12x40mm with a FC-DMX reticle and 20oz. Would cannibalize sales of NXS 2.5-10x42mm and the NX8 2.5-20x50mm so they probably won't...
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for great info gentlemen!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went with the NXS for the reputation of durability, parallax, better eye box, and lower weight.

https://i.imgur.com/NzAp9FH.jpeg

I like the Credo for capped windage, ffp reticle, and reticle design.

About every MPVO thread I lament they don't put a FC-DMX in the NXS and cap the windage. Or pine for the March 1.5-15x42mm Dual Focal Plane
View Quote

Just looked up the Marsh. That thing looks sweet! A little out of my price range but it’s cool to see where the scope tech is going.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I like trijicon, but NF is always the answer if it’s an option.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked the Nightforce also, but for me the price difference overcame the quality/feature difference. If I was doing something other than banging steel at 500 yds and less it might have been different.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/751/IMG_1924_jpeg-3225484.JPG
View Quote

Having owned both at the same time, I concur. The NXS has better glass, however, the credo's precision tree reticle is the main reason I stuck with it over the NXS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top