Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2024 10:20:36 PM EDT
It looks like these have a height of 1.7-1.8 ". the Romeo 5 center line is around 1.4", are the UTG sights too tall to co witness with the Romeo 5?
In my mind I feel like they will be too tall, but the co witness and ar platform is new to me, plus I dont have co witness sights on any of my other rifles
Thanks for any help and or thoughts
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe 1.8" total height, but the aperture to rail is 1.4".
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 2:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: faw67] [#2]
I did finally find a drawing of the dimensions, , anyone thing these are a good choice? I like he manual slim ones also
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The windage detent is rather weak. The sight locks when upright. The folded height is tall enough to interfere with scope ocular bells unless using at least a 1.54" tall mount.

I hate the game of "for just a little more money", but MBUS are better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
ty very much
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:07:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#5]
Originally Posted By faw67:
It looks like these have a height of 1.7-1.8 ". the Romeo 5 center line is around 1.4", are the UTG sights too tall to co witness with the Romeo 5?
In my mind I feel like they will be too tall, but the co witness and ar platform is new to me, plus I dont have co witness sights on any of my other rifles
Thanks for any help and or thoughts
View Quote

I have a UTG rear and it lines up with the red dot @ absolute cowitness
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:10:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#6]
Just buy the Super Slim/Pro versions.

They look identical to each other, but super slim= Taiwan, pro= USA made.

For BUIS they are decent.

MBUS Gen3 are pretty nice though.

I have the Accusync and they honestly sit too high when folded. On the plus side they take up less rail space, but that is rather situational/niche.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
Yes, they are good sights, I have a couple sets. I didn't buy them to co-anything, just for backup in case my battery died on range day.
I think this may be a set of them, I actually forgot I put them on this rifle.

Link Posted: 9/18/2024 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Beings Im 38 yrs into being a machinist, I went with the pro's, American made dont let me down, plus Im not a fan of plastic
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top