BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 191
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been trying to login to the Eforms site since Sunday, and always keep getting this page:

eForms Outage

Due to daily maintenance, the e-Forms system is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or [email protected].

------------------------

This happens at all hours throughout the day. Is anybody seeing the same thing? I've used different browsers and I'm seeing the same page.
View Quote

Clear out your cookies/cache and try again. Even try a ''incognito browser window''. I had the best luck submitting my Form 4's (Yes Form 4's, my dealer lets me do it) in the early morning around 6-730 EST when most of the world is commuting or sleeping....
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And what is your solution for the CLEO signature, seeing as how the dealer has to submit the Form 4.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still would like them to do efile for those of us not wanting to go get a trust done. I cant find a local lawyer even wanting to touch it when I explain why I want to do one.

You need to find an attorney that specializes in NFA trusts.  Any other attorney would have no clue.

Firearms Industry Consulting Group

I can tell you the answer though. Legal entities don't require fingerprints, photographs or CLEO signatures...

Kind of hard to do all of those electronically.

The PSP does fingerprints electronically, and sends them to the FBI and DHS. They could be done once and kept on file with the ATF, and you can esign your tax return so that dog wont hunt.

And what is your solution for the CLEO signature, seeing as how the dealer has to submit the Form 4.

Get rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get rid of it.
View Quote

I was operating with the presumption nothing changes. If that's not the case get rid of the fingerprints and photo too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was operating with the presumption nothing changes. If that's not the case get rid of the fingerprints and photo too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get rid of it.

Shit we should be able to walk into a store pay our tax stamp, fill out a 4473 and leave with a suppressor in hand.

I wonder what the liberals would do if we proposed a $200 tax and a 3 to 9 month wait for approval by the feds for an abortion
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Clear out your cookies/cache and try again. Even try a ''incognito browser window''. I had the best luck submitting my Form 4's (Yes Form 4's, my dealer lets me do it) in the early morning around 6-730 EST when most of the world is commuting or sleeping....
View Quote

Clearing out my cache worked. Thanks! I received an email that my Form 1 is SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS. How long does it take until I go pending? This is my first Form 1 using Eforms. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Clearing out my cache worked. Thanks! I received an email that my Form 1 is SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS. How long does it take until I go pending? This is my first Form 1 using Eforms. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Submitted/InProcess is the E-form version of "pending"
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shit we should be able to walk into a store pay our tax stamp, fill out a 4473 and leave with a suppressor in hand.
View Quote

I don't disagree with you at all. I've been saying that forever.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder what the liberals would do if we proposed a $200 tax and a 3 to 9 month wait for approval by the feds for an abortion
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol
That's funny right there!

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually we should be able to walk into a store and leave with a suppressor in hand without paying for a tax stamp and filling out a form (IMO)

ETA:  Not meant to be smartass if it comes across that way...
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

you will have a stamp in 90-120 days if the approval trend holds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
No efile approvals in a week and a half.  It appears they stopped right at November 1 submissions.  Is the testing phase over?  Are the efiles now slotted with the paper files?  Was it the computer issues that prevented approvals?  I thought for sure I'd get both of my November 4's this week but I guess not.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No efile approvals in a week and a half.  It appears they stopped right at November 1 submissions.  Is the testing phase over?  Are the efiles now slotted with the paper files?  Was it the computer issues that prevented approvals?  I thought for sure I'd get both of my November 4's this week but I guess not.  
View Quote

I hope not. I have an 11/8 that I'm waiting on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kind of doubt it. I think the system issues are on both sides of the equation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#15]
This week may be a paper form only week to catch up on those.

I bet we'll see E-forms being approved again next week.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
There were 2 10/30 dates approved last week and nothing since then, that show up on NFA tracker anyway.  I have 2 10/31s yet to be processed and have not seen any other 10/31s. They didn't make it to Nov yet, so I doubt it's a cutoff issue. A lot of late May paper approvals this week though.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This week may be a paper form only week to catch up on those.

I bet we'll see E-forms being approved again next week.
View Quote

I bet we'll see some tomorrow. In case you all missed it, the East Coast got hammered this week. I know, I drove for 11 hours through it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got a Socom 762-rc from 11/5 and an Octane 45HD from 11/15.  

I wasn't expecting to see them until the end of this year, early next. I hope the 90 day trend keeps up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wasn't expecting to see them until the end of this year, early next. I hope the 90 day trend keeps up.
View Quote

Are you saying you received the efile stamps back today on both?
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, still waiting like everyone else. I'm just hoping the 90-120 day trend keeps up. I was expecting 1yr+.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually we should be able to walk into a store and leave with a suppressor in hand without paying for a tax stamp and filling out a form (IMO)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries I agree with you, but lets use the liberal approach of incrementalism against them.  Get rid of the approval BS then go after the tax stamp.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally get to post my good news, the call came today.  Spectre II and Octane 45 both approved.  Went pending 10/29/13, so 100 days.  I'll be picking them up Saturday morning, along with an HK45 tactical FDE.  I have new unfired 10/22 TDT and 22/45 Lite already.  All 5 new toys should be nice and dirty by mid afternoon.  

Should have a Specwar 7.62 and SBR Form 1 (300blk) within another month, then a Warlock II by late March.  

ETA - 100 days, and my 100th post.  I know, pretty sad post count for 3 years...

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 2:55:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm hoping for a good Friday...come on 10/31s - I'm looking forward to my first can.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#24]
2 form 1 SBR applications submitted 10/31

Just approved.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just approved.
View Quote

Can you tell us all but the last couple of digits of your control/application number?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just approved.
View Quote

About damn time.  Open the flood gates!
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just approved.
View Quote

Let there be light! Eform approvals have been brought back to life!

Come on 11/19!
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Can you tell us all but the last couple of digits of your control/application number?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just approved.

2014174xx
2014175xx

ETA: incorrect numbers corrected

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Fixed it for you... er, for me for me!

May we both get happy, happy, happy news soon. May the govt shut down after mine are approved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

... Come on 11/19 23 12!

Fixed it for you... er, for me for me!

May we both get happy, happy, happy news soon. May the govt shut down after mine are approved.

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
2014174xx2014175xx

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just approved.

2014174xx2014175xx

Still ~5500 forms till my 11/12 submission of my forum 1.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Come on 11/25! SBR stamp form 1
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#33]
4 forms approved on 1/28 but apparently my dealer just forgot to contact me

So hopefully by Tuesday I'll have my Sparrow, Warlock Spec War and Tirant 9.  

Never again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just approved.

2014174xx2014175xx

About 39000 til mine comes up. Sent on 1/5/14 My first number, did 3 form 1's in 3 days, is 20145652x
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Filed today.  

Permit/Control No: 2014795XX
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just approved.

2014174xx2014175xx

Me too. This will be my first form 1. Guna be here quicker than the one I mailed off in May
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Only about 58,000 until mine comes up.  And that is E-forms.  Wonder what it is including paper?

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Another 16,000 forms before my 11/26. Somehow I doubt I'll see it by Feb. 26.

50,000 forms before my 1/23.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Feel like we're playing bingo - c'mon 11/15!
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#40]
E file today 201479xxx
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't expect my early December submission until late March/early April. People really need to stop spouting off the 90 day estimate because it only applied to the early forms. The times have steadily increased and I doubt people submitting today will see theirs back in less than 5 months.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't expect my early December submission until late March/early April. People really need to stop spouting off the 90 day estimate because it only applied to the early forms. The times have steadily increased and I doubt people submitting today will see theirs back in less than 5 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are 100% incorrect and have no idea what you are talking about, sir.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two weeks ago they got back down to 90 days. We're now at 100 days. If it hadn't been for the government shutdown jump, we'd be over 110 days easily. I certainly know what I'm talking about, especially since I have E-forms scattered all the way from mid September to late January. Continually telling everyone that they're going to get their e-forms back in 90 days is just going to create a lot of angst.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Two weeks ago they got back down to 90 days. We're now at 100 days. If it hadn't been for the government shutdown jump, we'd be over 110 days easily. I certainly know what I'm talking about, especially since I have E-forms scattered all the way from mid September to late January. Continually telling everyone that they're going to get their e-forms back in 90 days is just going to create a lot of angst.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's just in denial...
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.  Mine was 10/22 pending, 1/22 approved.  As I check nfa tracker, they are very consistently at 3 months.  I have two more that were pending 11/12, so they should be coming up pretty darn soon.  If it is between 3 months and 3.5 months, I think estimating 90 days is still reasonable.  They may go + or - on the 90 days, but it is a good estimate at this point.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I meant you're in denial about the waits not getting longer...
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I called yesterday for a suppressor I bought through Silencershop. The email I received from them said the eform was submitted 10/29, but the ATF told me it went pending 12/17 and it would be 9 months from that date. Shouldn't my pending date be 10/29?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I called yesterday for a suppressor I bought through Silencershop. The email I received from them said the eform was submitted 10/29, but the ATF told me it went pending 12/17 and it would be 9 months from that date. Shouldn't my pending date be 10/29?
View Quote

It sounds like they snail mailed it instead of efile.  Silencershop snail mailed my Form 4 in October also.  It'll be August until I get that can.    
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did Silencer Shop submit it as a paper form?  I thought Silencer Shop was submitting all Form 4's now as eForms?  If it was an eForm submission then this sounds wrong - should be 3-4 months for approval (with approval being imminent) and the pending date should have been the submission date.  If Silencer Shop submitted it as a paper form then what ATF told you makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I meant you're in denial about the waits not getting longer...
View Quote

That's how I read it
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top