Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2024 5:57:13 PM EDT
Hello all, just got my 14.5" barrel. Dumb question, I want to pin/weld a Dead Air Xeno Flash hider on there. It is listed at 2.16inches. Is this long enough to comply for the overall length to meet the requirements to avoid having an SBR?

I don't have that flash hider right now and don't want to risk it so asking here if anyone knows.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it on a 16” barrel. I’ll measure it when I get home this weekend. Should be able to calculate the OAL on a 14.5” barrel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
I have it on a 16” barrel. I’ll measure it when I get home this weekend. Should be able to calculate the OAL on a 14.5” barrel.
View Quote

The 16” barrels are not 16”, they are 16.5”.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 11:43:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#3]
Keymo 3 prong is 2.7”

Xeno closed is 2.16” (maybe barely long enough for barrel length but the gun will be just short of the overall length requirement of 26”)

Xeon 3 prong is 1.965” (too short for barrel length)

With the Xeno devices, there is probably no way to stay legal for barrel length and overall length of the rifle.

Link Posted: 8/29/2024 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!

Keymo is long enough for OAL?
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By balthezor:
Thank you!

Keymo is long enough for OAL?
View Quote

Yes. Also legal for OAL.

I’m sure there are probably muzzle devices that could get you closer to legal minimums, but this is about half an inch of safety margin on both requirements so there are no grey areas of squinting to make the measurements work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top