Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2024 3:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1bushmaster]
Does anyone know where to find some surplus 7.62x54r stripper clips? I hear the repros are not good and I’m looking for some that will actually work.. even if it’s only a couple

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bulgarian strippers work well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195668192329
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 9:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kbailey3] [#2]
I'm not sure of your budget, but there's a listing on gunbroker for an open can of "Russian 7.62x54mmR 440-round tin" ammo on clips.  Someone already has a bid on it at around $230.  (this is not my auction)  

This is how I got my clips.  I purchased some Bulgarian on clips from SOG back in the golden years of surplus. (2007)  Depending on the final bid, this might be the cheapest way to get clips.

Edit: I would contact the seller to verify the pictures are correct, and the ammo comes on clips.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tep0583:
The Bulgarian strippers work well.
View Quote

And Russian, and Finnish, and pretty much any country that actually made 54r on clips.

Just avoid the chineese surplus ones..... They work fine but tend to break at the 90 degree bends from work hardening after just a couple uses. Disadvantage o being made out of brass. I guess you could anneal them every couple times you use them but it would just be a matter of time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PiGood:

And Russian, and Finnish, and pretty much any country that actually made 54r on clips.

Just avoid the chineese surplus ones..... They work fine but tend to break at the 90 degree bends from work hardening after just a couple uses. Disadvantage o being made out of brass. I guess you could anneal them every couple times you use them but it would just be a matter of time.
View Quote

The Chinese clips that I have are blued steel and they are my favorite clips out of Polish, Russian and Finnish. They came on some 1950's era Chinese brass cased stuff I picked up 20 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top